Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
380 K Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/san-diego
- Phone: 6192371155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)notable wine list (72)romantic (55)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- simply amazingluv2dineDined on 10/26/2014great food, great service, great atmosphere, the server was professional and knowledgeable, overall top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Dinning at at your restaurant was so good. I have not had a better steak, and your prim rib was out of this world. Mike was our server and he is so nice told us about the food and just a super guy, all your staff our first class. We will be back, and I will sure tell my Friends about your good food and good service. Thank you for a good dinner and good food, and a good time.Special Features:
- Tom1Dined on 10/25/2014We had a wonderful table. Table 21 was perfect in the corner out of the commotion.Special Features:
- First Time HereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Our food was excellent as well as our service. I chose Fleming's because I was in the mood for dry aged beef. My ribeye was prepared perfectly and I was not disappointed. My wife opted for the Halibut which she was very pleased with. The other stand out dish from our visit was the Lava Cake with homemade ice cream. We both thought it was the best we'd ever had. All-in-all a great experience.Special Features:
- Have seen betterjksdDined on 10/24/2014We have always been a fan of Fleming's...but this last time must have been an off night. The service was poor, the server was less than attentive. Our past experience has always been prompt attentive service, our server had his hands in his pockets and walked by our table without checking in on us.Special Features:
- 5 year anniversary dinnerJK558Dined on 10/11/2014Me and the wife sat down and on our table was a "Happy Anniversary" card. Later we were greeted by the manager who brought us over some complimentary champagne to celebrate our special occasion. Me and wife ordered the seafood platter for our appetizers which was great, nice, light and refreshing. I ordered the Dry Aged Ribeye (medium) and my wife ordered the special of bacon wrapped filet (also medium) and shrimp on top of mash potatoes. When the food arrived, we naturally dug in and made sure the food was to our liking. My steak had a nice char on the outside and was perfect medium on the inside. My wife's steak and bacon were underdone and being pregnant had to send it back. They took it off the bill and apologized.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dry aged paradiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014The dry aged ribeye was one of the best i've ever had. The flavor was a step above most steakhouse dry aged steaks. Mortons and eddie v's are too level but this one was extra juicy and and perfect, medium rare ofcourse.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful staffMikebDined on 10/8/2014Thank each and everyone for such great service. They made our evening special in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!GabeDined on 10/8/2014We sat in the bar area, bartender was very attentive! great atmospher! We had a bottle of Hess and Caymus 40th anniversary!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic steakhouseAlanRDined on 10/6/2014The food was excellent, the ambience old school steakhouse, the service superb. All around a very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- Always a perfect night.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/5/2014Always a wonderful treat! The service is outstanding. The specials are fun to try.Special Features:
- DisappointedALDM43Dined on 10/3/2014We were disappointed in the quality of the food. It was the last day of restaurant week. We had eaten at a Flemings in Providence, Rhode Island that was outstanding. We have also eaten at different restaurants during Restaurants week to try their cuisine. This restaurant is definitely one we won't return to.
- Stake your claim...babalouieDined on 10/2/2014On the best steak in San Diego. Bone on rib eye cant be beat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodsteakloverDined on 10/1/2014Great food, nice wine list provided a nice evening. Service is always good and you can never go wrong when you order a steak a Flemings!!Special Features:
- Lady Sings The BluesServiceSnobDined on 10/1/2014I've been dining at this Fleming's for years...I rave about it when WE go for EVERY birthday, anniversary and special occasion; always treated like royalty by staff and management. STOP - went to the Gaslamp for a concert alone and HAD to go there. I ordered wine, an appetizer and indicated I wanted to save room for dessert! I'm just ONE female and can't eat a full meal with wine, bread, salad, steak, sides and dessert..ugh! I was quite surprised at my experience. Service was clearly different to one female diner...and a manager greeted the table next to me, but never said a word to me! :(Special Features:
- Paul McCartneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My husband and I took my boss and his wife to dinner before the concert. Patrick was our waiter he was knowledgeable and very attentive. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Poor food this time; great serviceHillsDined on 9/27/2014We took my in-laws here & had a bad experience with our steaks. We all got the $45 filet & lobster special (plus appetizers, sides, dessert & cocktails). There was gristle in 2 of 4 filets that was impossible to cut thru & 3 of 4 steaks were WAY undercooked - 1 so badly that after sending it back, it was still undercooked & my MIL just gave up & only ate the lobster. We were told they were busy, but when you come to a nice place, you expect quality regardless. The server (Pete) was amazing. The Manager (Lindsey) was nice to take $100 off our $377 bill. We did really appreciate that, but would have much rather had a great experience for our in-laws. We'll be back as we live downtown, but I certainly hope quality is not slipping here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014complimentary champagne for our 10yr anniversary. Mgr. Lindsey gave us $25 gift card and homemade truffles. This gestures made our day. Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- great foodexcellenceDined on 9/26/2014Nice place, went there for restaurant week, would pay full price for the meal received, great thing about restaurant week being able to sample great restaurants. I had the lamb chops, cooked perfectly and were amazing as well as the bbq shrimp, waiter was great, would definitely go back again. I don't normay leave reviews but this place deserves it.Special Features:
- clemets4Dined on 9/26/2014Had a great dinner celebrating restaurant week ! The food was great. The service was awesome. Overall had a great girls night out !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not goodJAMRanckDined on 9/26/2014Maybe it's because Ruth's Chris of Del Mar spoiled us with their excellent service, but, going to Fleming's was like a shock to us. First of all, their Valet.. as I was getting my son out of the car, the valet started driving off. I had to yell "stop" 3x and hit the car repeatedly to get the driver's attention. He was apologetic and we still tipped him. Then, our server. OMG. He was not very attentive, but his support staff, like the guy who refills our water, was better than him. I wish the tip would only go to the busboy. Our server didn't come back to the table that often, he didn't really listen to what I wanted to order. Service was slow. We waited 20 mins for our food. Server was a slacker.Special Features:
- Good.PatronLDined on 9/26/2014The dining experience is great once it happens. The food is delicious and if you like smaller plates, it is one of the many options at Flemings. My only complaint is the pre-dining experience. Although, we had set reservations 2 weeks in advance, when we arrived we still had to wait at least 15 minutes before we were seated. There was no place to sit and wait. We had a party of four and only one of us were able to sit down against the wall in the bar. Although, the bar staff was friendly, we were definitely in the way. It is a very crowded place. We were thankful to finally be seated. Once seated, service and dinner were wonderful, and it was like we were in a completely different place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal TouchNewDowntownDined on 9/24/2014Always happy when the food is good and everyone in the wait staff makes the effort to make the experience personalSpecial Features:
- Lovely Dining Experience!Mur3Dined on 9/24/2014The four of us arrived with reservations at 7:00 PM and we were greeted warmly and were seated immediately. Our waiter and his staff were attentive, knew the menu, assisted us with the wine list and were generous but not intrusive with their attentions. Our steaks and lamb chops were perfectly prepared. The side dishes were also well prepared with quality ingredients. We know this because the food was flavorful and easily digestible. We had an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Very good 1st timeetLyannaVIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a great dinner celebrating restaurant week with friends. Service was outstanding. I had their advertised special. 8 oz filet mignon with 8 oz lobster tail and it was very good. Will definitely go back to bring my husband who's also a foodie.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2014I have been dining here for several years & have always been pleased with the food, service, & atmosphere. On this visit I was a bit perplexed by the happy hour scene. Why would such an upscale restaurant allow the happy hour crowd to take over filling the bar leaving no room for diners to enjoy a cocktail before/after their meal? The bartenders & bussers were working overtime to tend to the needs of $6 a plate customers, some which I viewed really took advantage of the situation. I'm sure this deferred from the normal excellent care of restaurant patrons & brought in no extra revenue. Does Donovan's, Ruth Chris or Morton's have such a 'bar" atmosphere?Special Features:
- Top NotchmrsurbsDined on 9/23/2014My husband & I were celebrating our Annv. & had the BEST service. We've always loved Flemings & this evening was NO exception to why we love this place.Special Features:
- Great food and servicetokay4Dined on 9/21/2014We wanted a nice restaurant to celebrate anniversary and was not disappointed with our choice. I ordered the Modern Cesar Salad, very good, but my husband ordered the French onion soup. Wow was the broth was to die for. Very beefy anf flavorful. I would highly recommend this soup. My husband had the chicken ( yes I know, in a steakhouse) and I ordered the short ribs. Both dishes were excellent. I am allergic to spinach and Sam, our waiter gladly changed my vegetable to asparagus. We shared a piece of the carrot cake for dessert. Wow, again, I would highly recommend this for your dessert selection. The cake is very moist and the cream cheese frosting is so yummy. Do yourself a favor and try Flemming's. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming Steakhouse San Diegoaztrim12Dined on 9/14/2014Spent a great evening with friends at Fleming Steakhouse. The food was outstanding along with the service that was given to our table. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion. Thanks again, to the staff at Flemings.Special Features:
- First visit was betterKellyDined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating our birthdays and seated near the door and next to a very loud and obnoxious table of 8. Service was better our first visit over Valentine's Day. Minimal service this time with different people for each entrée. We never were able to order more wine with dinner. Food was good, but not outstanding. Lettuce in the wedge salad was old, bacon chewy. Lobster was a bit over-done and steak had good flavors, but had better at other steak houses.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationLindaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went to Fleming's to celebrate my birthday and was welcomed and wished a happy birthday from hostess. We were shown to our table right away. A birthday card was on table for me. The waiter came and also wished me a happy birthday. We had been to this restaurant before and it did not disappoint. The food was super good. My husband and I ordered surf and turf and our son had the most amazing ribeye steak. Ours was amazingly good too. Finished off our meal with sharing a chocolate lava cake. OMG....excellent! Then our waiter brought me a box of chocolates with a $25 gift card to be used on another visit. We left very full but happy😊 that we had gone there to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous TreatmentServiceSnobDined on 9/13/2014We go to Fleming's for all our special occasions, Birthday's and Anniversary every year and the special treatment is fabulous! Their welcoming staff served us two glasses of Champagne with an Anniversary card; the steaks are THE best and of course, the Chocolate Lava Cake is to die for! Afterwards, a box of truffles and a $25 gift certificate for our next visit, accompanied our bill! Who does that?? Fleming's never disappoints! Staff is very attentive, food is fantastic - worth the $Special Features:
- Great additionsLeahNCaliDined on 9/12/2014I love the addition of the small plates! The lollipop lamb chops were EXCELLENT! They are tasty and the items are different then the rest of the menu so can be served as appetizer or a light plate for us girls. They still leave room for all the amazing appetizers. I think the Mac and cheese is great, but could get a bit more adventurous. Just an idea. Creamed spinach is a classic and the creamed corn can be matched. The bartenders are great and really care about their guests.i ordered a drink she had never made before and she checked back several times to make sure she got it right! And she did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfoodDined on 9/12/2014Our meal was perfectly cooked and presented and the service was excellent. The lobster and filet mignon special was an excellent value. The new wedge salad was delicious. Will be returning soon.Special Features:
- PerfectionPerfectionDined on 9/9/2014We were celebrating our anniversary, plus our daughters graduation from law school. Flemings,went above and beyond. Card for our anniversary, champagne, two boxes of their home made truffles, along with two $25 gift cards upon departure. Amazing! We all three had the non advertised special. 8 oz filet mig in and 8 oz lobster tail. You choose between their French onion soup, which was to die for, or the wedge salad, which was the best I ever had. We ordered their home made wedge cut fries, which was an excellent choice. Our server, Rafi, incredible service. ! Not too much hovering, just right. Our evening could not have been more perfect. Just delightful! Thank you to everyone at Flemings!Special Features:
- A night to remember!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014We arrived to find a card on the table for my mothers birthday. Shortly after we were greeted with champagne. The service from Maria was outstanding. Everything from start to finish was wonderful. My mother's birthday is a blessing to us and to have the people at Flemings truly make her feel like a queen made my day. Great steak, wonderful wine, great desserts and outstanding service! Can't ask for more. Thank you Flemings and Maria.Special Features:
- mellDined on 9/6/2014All around outstanding. We were treated like royalty. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionAgarciaDined on 9/2/2014The whole dining experience was amazing! We were celebrating our anniversary and the employees made us feel so special and cared for. The service was amazing. We ate everything on our plates because the food was incredible. It was one of the best dinners we have ever had. We will definitely be coming back. It is not every day that a restaurant makes you feel like a million bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointingCathyVIPDined on 9/1/2014I can't really say that anything was bad, but nothing was really good either. Even at a lower price point, it would not have been a memorable steak dinner. For $40 and up I wanted that steak to wow me. It was good, but not great The Sunday night prime rib special is a good value, but the 3 "special" sauces that came with it were not very good, and I do like my horseradish sour cream dip. When the waitress forgot our drinks, they did the right thing and comped them, but again, not a memorable meal.Special Features:
- great timefatkidDined on 9/1/2014Came here on Labor day with my wife, sister and 7 year old son. We came for the prime rib special and it did not disappoint! From the start our server Rafi was great and very accommodating to my son and 8 month pregnant wife. Every part of the meal was spot on and I have not been able to stop talking about it to whoever will listen. We will be back soon as my wife went crazy for the roasted tomatoes butterSpecial Features: