Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
380 K Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/san-diego
- Phone: 6192371155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)notable wine list (56)romantic (37)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fleming Steakhouse San DiegoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Spent a great evening with friends at Fleming Steakhouse. The food was outstanding along with the service that was given to our table. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion. Thanks again, to the staff at Flemings.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationLindaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went to Fleming's to celebrate my birthday and was welcomed and wished a happy birthday from hostess. We were shown to our table right away. A birthday card was on table for me. The waiter came and also wished me a happy birthday. We had been to this restaurant before and it did not disappoint. The food was super good. My husband and I ordered surf and turf and our son had the most amazing ribeye steak. Ours was amazingly good too. Finished off our meal with sharing a chocolate lava cake. OMG....excellent! Then our waiter brought me a box of chocolates with a $25 gift card to be used on another visit. We left very full but happy😊 that we had gone there to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous TreatmentServiceSnobDined on 9/13/2014We go to Fleming's for all our special occasions, Birthday's and Anniversary every year and the special treatment is fabulous! Their welcoming staff served us two glasses of Champagne with an Anniversary card; the steaks are THE best and of course, the Chocolate Lava Cake is to die for! Afterwards, a box of truffles and a $25 gift certificate for our next visit, accompanied our bill! Who does that?? Fleming's never disappoints! Staff is very attentive, food is fantastic - worth the $Special Features:
- Great additionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014I love the addition of the small plates! The lollipop lamb chops were EXCELLENT! They are tasty and the items are different then the rest of the menu so can be served as appetizer or a light plate for us girls. They still leave room for all the amazing appetizers. I think the Mac and cheese is great, but could get a bit more adventurous. Just an idea. Creamed spinach is a classic and the creamed corn can be matched. The bartenders are great and really care about their guests.i ordered a drink she had never made before and she checked back several times to make sure she got it right! And she did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionPerfectionDined on 9/9/2014We were celebrating our anniversary, plus our daughters graduation from law school. Flemings,went above and beyond. Card for our anniversary, champagne, two boxes of their home made truffles, along with two $25 gift cards upon departure. Amazing! We all three had the non advertised special. 8 oz filet mig in and 8 oz lobster tail. You choose between their French onion soup, which was to die for, or the wedge salad, which was the best I ever had. We ordered their home made wedge cut fries, which was an excellent choice. Our server, Rafi, incredible service. ! Not too much hovering, just right. Our evening could not have been more perfect. Just delightful! Thank you to everyone at Flemings!Special Features:
- A night to remember!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014We arrived to find a card on the table for my mothers birthday. Shortly after we were greeted with champagne. The service from Maria was outstanding. Everything from start to finish was wonderful. My mother's birthday is a blessing to us and to have the people at Flemings truly make her feel like a queen made my day. Great steak, wonderful wine, great desserts and outstanding service! Can't ask for more. Thank you Flemings and Maria.Special Features:
- mellDined on 9/6/2014All around outstanding. We were treated like royalty. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionAgarciaDined on 9/2/2014The whole dining experience was amazing! We were celebrating our anniversary and the employees made us feel so special and cared for. The service was amazing. We ate everything on our plates because the food was incredible. It was one of the best dinners we have ever had. We will definitely be coming back. It is not every day that a restaurant makes you feel like a million bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointingCathyVIPDined on 9/1/2014I can't really say that anything was bad, but nothing was really good either. Even at a lower price point, it would not have been a memorable steak dinner. For $40 and up I wanted that steak to wow me. It was good, but not great The Sunday night prime rib special is a good value, but the 3 "special" sauces that came with it were not very good, and I do like my horseradish sour cream dip. When the waitress forgot our drinks, they did the right thing and comped them, but again, not a memorable meal.Special Features:
- great timefatkidDined on 9/1/2014Came here on Labor day with my wife, sister and 7 year old son. We came for the prime rib special and it did not disappoint! From the start our server Rafi was great and very accommodating to my son and 8 month pregnant wife. Every part of the meal was spot on and I have not been able to stop talking about it to whoever will listen. We will be back soon as my wife went crazy for the roasted tomatoes butterSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerFlyfisherVIPDined on 9/1/2014As usual, we had a great dinner. One of the reason that I like Fleming's is that the manager always stops by to see how are dinner is going.Special Features:
- Flemng's Always DeliversHBSTEVEDined on 8/31/2014Was in San Diego for Labor Day weekend and dined at Fleming's Sunday night to take advantage of their $29.95 Prime Rib dinner special. AMAZING deal. Generous cut of Prime Rib, it comes with choice of one of their tremendous salads (go for the Wedge... outstanding) or French Onion soup (best around), a side dish per person as well as a dessert per person (split the delicious Lava Cake and take home a slice of cheesecake for the next morning). We brought in our own bottle of wine and were not charged a corkage fee. Sam, our waiter, was fantastic. We often go to Fleming's in Newport Beach. This was our first visit to the San Diego location. Not quite as upscale as the NB location but very nice just the same.Special Features:
- DoccVIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I have a very nice meal on a Sunday night. The small plates and a side would have been plenty, but I had to go for the Prime Rib Special and enjoyed it all. Very busy, but there was a ballgame on that evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!JoanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Flemings is always a treat for us and this meal was outstanding as usual. We came with friends to take advantage of the Labor Day special menu and enjoyed every course - excellent salad, perfect roast beef and delighful selection of deserts. Our waiter was Pete - he was great. We had good wine and nice Porchagese Port to end a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timer1sttimerDined on 8/30/2014Service was good. We were given complimentary champagne and a card for our anniversary. We had french onion soup and I had the Fleming salad. Both were good but not exceptional. We each had filet mignon . Both were delicious! We had the green beans, also very good. The bread we had was served hot. However, the crust was so hard/tough it scratched the roof of my mouth. Our desserts were yummy. The manager came by with a gift box of truffles which when opened appeared to have been in the heat and melted and cooled. He also gave us a card for 25% off our next visit.Special Features:
- A FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2014We can walk to Flemings in 5-10 minutes. Flemings shows up in our Opentable history more and more frequently than any other restaurant. Two reasons. Many other places we only go for happy hour. Flemings we go dinner AND happy hours. Flemings does not feel like a chainstore even though it is a chain. Servers are personable and attentive. Food delivery is QUICK! So many places in San Diego are slow. Great happy hour! Both food quality and value. Great specials that bring us in beyond the menu. Many places in San Diego are good .. Flemings is memorable and a favorite.Special Features:
- CeErDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th Anniversary with an early dinner at Flemmings, we were greeted and seated immediately. This was our first time here and our waiter was extremely helpful. The customer service by our waiter and other staff members were an A plus. My wife had the petite filet which she enjoyed very much. I had the dry aged rib eye medium rare that was cooked to perfection. The steak was red, hot, tender and full of flavor, I was very impressed. You know you're having a great dining experience when you're planning to return while waiting for your desert. We are definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedLuv2EatVIPDined on 8/18/2014Flemings always measures up! Though a bit pricey, the steaks are well worth the cost. There are menu choices for non-meat eaters (the barbecue salmon is my favorite) and smaller appetites (share one or two small plates and an appetizer or salad). The service is excellent and a manager roams the restaurant and visits each table to make sure everything is to your liking. This is one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Great food and wonderful service. The staff was very attentive. The manager even came to our table to check the quality of our dinner experience. The prime rib special was a great value. Generous amount of food for the price.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseMark4VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had the small plates, filet mingon& the lamb chops they were fantastic. The creamed spinach was too die for. Our server Dave was excellent. Overall a great diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedKennyDined on 8/15/2014We had looked forward to this dinner for several weeks. We enjoy a good steak and good service. The service by our waiter was very good but it took an hour for our entree to arrive at the table. My wife's filet was cooked excellently. I ordered the bone in rib eye medium rare but it was definitely rare and not as tender as most choice steaks. At $10.50 for the french fries I would expect them to be hot and fresh and they were not. Our bill without the tip came to over $160.00. I would not eat at this restaurant again. We have found comparable meals and atmosphere for about half the price that Fleming's charges.
- Not Returning SoonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The service was attentive, but slow...I guess that's a trend in steak house dining? The food was tasty, but sloppy...ordered shelled king crab and bit into shells four times. Will try another steakhouse next time.Special Features:
- Celebration DinnerBellissimaVIPDined on 8/11/2014Everything was great - excellent service; always remembered "no ice" in my water, kept the bread coming, friendly staff, told us their names, very personal. TWO $25 gift cert and TWO boxes of chocolates for the Birthday and Law School graduate - that was super nice and unexpected. Food was delicious - excellent evening, thanks.Special Features:
- Good but not greatlovedinningoutDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant was nice but loud as the dining area was directly behind the bar and a football game was on. The soup was good but so hot that we had to wait to eat it. Our steaks were cooked to order regarding doneness but lacked flavor. The wait staff was wonderful and very attentive. The manager came around checking on everyone. Overall, a nice but pricey evening for the quality and flavor of our food.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2014We were in San Diego celebrating our anniversary. Food was not amazing, service was just ok, perhaps they were too busy. Waiter forgot to bring salad and seemed as if he was in a hurry. Would not go back for a special celebration. The manager was very nice. Came to our table at the end of of dinner.Special Features:
- Flemmings Exceeded our ExpectationsLuv2dineoutDined on 8/5/2014Lovely evening dinner with family for a special occasion. Menu exceeded our expectations and the service from valet, to hostess, to server and bus boys was excellent. We had a handicapped guest and, at our request, were seated near an electrical outlet for his oxygen pump. The manager visited our table and provided a gift coupon and box of truffles for our birthday guest! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoritemdjokinsdDined on 8/4/2014Everything was outstanding. When looking for a nice place to enjoy a succulent meal with family and friends this is the place. The prime rib special is my favorite when available but everything on the menu is supreme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at FlemingsBuddDined on 8/3/2014We dined the other night with two other couples. We all had the prime rib, which is unusual for that to happen with six people. The prime rib was excellent, it melted in your mouth and you could almost cut it with a fork. It was thick. The sides were equally as good, creamed spinach, asparagus, baked potato. Very filling. Then there was dessert, carrot cake, lava cake, very nice. The service was very good, attentive. The only drawback I would say it the cocktails. They are Not generous with the amount of liquor and their mixed drinks are made with cheaper liquor. Also the drinks are expensive, no value there. We came to eat and the food was very good. We drank earlier at one of our condos before hand and walked to the restaurant. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flemingselcidDined on 8/3/2014Food was very good. Price was good for the Sunday night specials. Manager Jim acknowledged patrons and was very gracious with my brother-in-law. It was his birthday and he gifted him.Special Features:
- One of the best steaks...everProVacationer714Dined on 8/1/2014The food was outstanding. One of the best top 10 steaks I had the pleasure of being served. Ambience was good. Nothing particular stood out; white table cloths, Fleming's stamped silverware, wood trim throughout the restaurant. Most of the night service was handled by a single waitress or waiter. I like when all the food is placed on the table at the same time. It would have only taken two waiters/waitresses for our party of four. It's the difference between outstanding service and good. Interesting, the wine list was on an iPad. I favor a Sommelier. One last note, I preferred if the restaurant was a bit cooler, temperature wise. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterPRCESQUIREDined on 7/26/2014Excelllent food and service. Call alcohol is over priced, almost $17 for a Belvedere on the rocks?!Special Features:
- Amazing Birthday DinnerjoanievuDined on 7/26/2014We celebrated my hubby's birthday dinner and we had the most amazing time. Dessert was outstanding and yummy. Extremely yummy.Special Features:
- special ComicCon memoryLongwireDined on 7/24/2014We had the opportunity to enjoy Flemings during the 2014 ComicCon. A fine meal during a busy few days in San Diego.Special Features:
- Best Sunday prime rib in SDWinnipegkidVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food is great and of high quality. The variety and quality of the side dishes are terrific. We were fortunate to have Maria again serve us at our table. She is a professional and joy to deal with.Special Features:
- JoeJudeDined on 7/19/2014Othere than being sat 40 minutes after our reservation, everything else was good.
- Great steaks and wine!RSBDinerDined on 7/17/2014Another outstanding dinner at a Fleming's (as always). Nation wide, I have been to 5 or 6 Fleming's and everyone has been excellent. San Diego was no different. Great service and a very good wine list to boot.Special Features:
- First time at this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014We usually go to the Flemings in La Jolla but decided to try the one in the Gaslamp because we were going to a play at Lamb's, a block away. It was a wonderful experience providing the food quality and service that we have come to expect from Flemings. The only qualification I would mention is that we were dining early, so it was quiet, which we prefer to permit easy conversation. However, this is in the Gaslamp and I would expect that as the evening goes on, it gets noisy, as does everyplace else in the Gaslamp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebratefoodieDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant knows how to cook a steak to perfection. The potatoes are wonderful and I loved the wedge salad.Special Features:
- FlemingsDeeDeeDined on 7/6/2014Great food and price for the 3 course prime rib dinner. Service was exceptionable. Love the Chantilly cream on top of desert. Prime rib was tender and not fatty, grilled asparagus was great.Special Features:
- A wonderful birthday celebrationMarathonManVIPDined on 7/4/2014Thank you for making my wife's birthday dinner memorable. The food, wine and service were all outstanding. Fleming's Steakhouse is at the top of our list for special occasions.Special Features: