Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
380 K Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/san-diego
- Phone: 6192371155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)notable wine list (63)romantic (45)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (13)late-night find (8)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Poor food this time; great serviceHillsDined on 9/27/2014We took my in-laws here & had a bad experience with our steaks. We all got the $45 filet & lobster special (plus appetizers, sides, dessert & cocktails). There was gristle in 2 of 4 filets that was impossible to cut thru & 3 of 4 steaks were WAY undercooked - 1 so badly that after sending it back, it was still undercooked & my MIL just gave up & only ate the lobster. We were told they were busy, but when you come to a nice place, you expect quality regardless. The server (Pete) was amazing. The Manager (Lindsey) was nice to take $100 off our $377 bill. We did really appreciate that, but would have much rather had a great experience for our in-laws. We'll be back as we live downtown, but I certainly hope quality is not slipping here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014complimentary champagne for our 10yr anniversary. Mgr. Lindsey gave us $25 gift card and homemade truffles. This gestures made our day. Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- great foodexcellenceDined on 9/26/2014Nice place, went there for restaurant week, would pay full price for the meal received, great thing about restaurant week being able to sample great restaurants. I had the lamb chops, cooked perfectly and were amazing as well as the bbq shrimp, waiter was great, would definitely go back again. I don't normay leave reviews but this place deserves it.Special Features:
- clemets4Dined on 9/26/2014Had a great dinner celebrating restaurant week ! The food was great. The service was awesome. Overall had a great girls night out !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not goodJAMRanckDined on 9/26/2014Maybe it's because Ruth's Chris of Del Mar spoiled us with their excellent service, but, going to Fleming's was like a shock to us. First of all, their Valet.. as I was getting my son out of the car, the valet started driving off. I had to yell "stop" 3x and hit the car repeatedly to get the driver's attention. He was apologetic and we still tipped him. Then, our server. OMG. He was not very attentive, but his support staff, like the guy who refills our water, was better than him. I wish the tip would only go to the busboy. Our server didn't come back to the table that often, he didn't really listen to what I wanted to order. Service was slow. We waited 20 mins for our food. Server was a slacker.Special Features:
- Good.PatronLDined on 9/26/2014The dining experience is great once it happens. The food is delicious and if you like smaller plates, it is one of the many options at Flemings. My only complaint is the pre-dining experience. Although, we had set reservations 2 weeks in advance, when we arrived we still had to wait at least 15 minutes before we were seated. There was no place to sit and wait. We had a party of four and only one of us were able to sit down against the wall in the bar. Although, the bar staff was friendly, we were definitely in the way. It is a very crowded place. We were thankful to finally be seated. Once seated, service and dinner were wonderful, and it was like we were in a completely different place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal TouchNewDowntownDined on 9/24/2014Always happy when the food is good and everyone in the wait staff makes the effort to make the experience personalSpecial Features:
- Lovely Dining Experience!Mur3Dined on 9/24/2014The four of us arrived with reservations at 7:00 PM and we were greeted warmly and were seated immediately. Our waiter and his staff were attentive, knew the menu, assisted us with the wine list and were generous but not intrusive with their attentions. Our steaks and lamb chops were perfectly prepared. The side dishes were also well prepared with quality ingredients. We know this because the food was flavorful and easily digestible. We had an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2014I have been dining here for several years & have always been pleased with the food, service, & atmosphere. On this visit I was a bit perplexed by the happy hour scene. Why would such an upscale restaurant allow the happy hour crowd to take over filling the bar leaving no room for diners to enjoy a cocktail before/after their meal? The bartenders & bussers were working overtime to tend to the needs of $6 a plate customers, some which I viewed really took advantage of the situation. I'm sure this deferred from the normal excellent care of restaurant patrons & brought in no extra revenue. Does Donovan's, Ruth Chris or Morton's have such a 'bar" atmosphere?Special Features:
- Top NotchmrsurbsDined on 9/23/2014My husband & I were celebrating our Annv. & had the BEST service. We've always loved Flemings & this evening was NO exception to why we love this place.Special Features:
- Great food and servicetokay4Dined on 9/21/2014We wanted a nice restaurant to celebrate anniversary and was not disappointed with our choice. I ordered the Modern Cesar Salad, very good, but my husband ordered the French onion soup. Wow was the broth was to die for. Very beefy anf flavorful. I would highly recommend this soup. My husband had the chicken ( yes I know, in a steakhouse) and I ordered the short ribs. Both dishes were excellent. I am allergic to spinach and Sam, our waiter gladly changed my vegetable to asparagus. We shared a piece of the carrot cake for dessert. Wow, again, I would highly recommend this for your dessert selection. The cake is very moist and the cream cheese frosting is so yummy. Do yourself a favor and try Flemming's. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming Steakhouse San Diegoaztrim12Dined on 9/14/2014Spent a great evening with friends at Fleming Steakhouse. The food was outstanding along with the service that was given to our table. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion. Thanks again, to the staff at Flemings.Special Features:
- First visit was betterKellyDined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating our birthdays and seated near the door and next to a very loud and obnoxious table of 8. Service was better our first visit over Valentine's Day. Minimal service this time with different people for each entrée. We never were able to order more wine with dinner. Food was good, but not outstanding. Lettuce in the wedge salad was old, bacon chewy. Lobster was a bit over-done and steak had good flavors, but had better at other steak houses.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationLindaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went to Fleming's to celebrate my birthday and was welcomed and wished a happy birthday from hostess. We were shown to our table right away. A birthday card was on table for me. The waiter came and also wished me a happy birthday. We had been to this restaurant before and it did not disappoint. The food was super good. My husband and I ordered surf and turf and our son had the most amazing ribeye steak. Ours was amazingly good too. Finished off our meal with sharing a chocolate lava cake. OMG....excellent! Then our waiter brought me a box of chocolates with a $25 gift card to be used on another visit. We left very full but happy😊 that we had gone there to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous TreatmentServiceSnobDined on 9/13/2014We go to Fleming's for all our special occasions, Birthday's and Anniversary every year and the special treatment is fabulous! Their welcoming staff served us two glasses of Champagne with an Anniversary card; the steaks are THE best and of course, the Chocolate Lava Cake is to die for! Afterwards, a box of truffles and a $25 gift certificate for our next visit, accompanied our bill! Who does that?? Fleming's never disappoints! Staff is very attentive, food is fantastic - worth the $Special Features:
- Great additionsLeahNCaliDined on 9/12/2014I love the addition of the small plates! The lollipop lamb chops were EXCELLENT! They are tasty and the items are different then the rest of the menu so can be served as appetizer or a light plate for us girls. They still leave room for all the amazing appetizers. I think the Mac and cheese is great, but could get a bit more adventurous. Just an idea. Creamed spinach is a classic and the creamed corn can be matched. The bartenders are great and really care about their guests.i ordered a drink she had never made before and she checked back several times to make sure she got it right! And she did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfoodDined on 9/12/2014Our meal was perfectly cooked and presented and the service was excellent. The lobster and filet mignon special was an excellent value. The new wedge salad was delicious. Will be returning soon.Special Features:
- PerfectionPerfectionDined on 9/9/2014We were celebrating our anniversary, plus our daughters graduation from law school. Flemings,went above and beyond. Card for our anniversary, champagne, two boxes of their home made truffles, along with two $25 gift cards upon departure. Amazing! We all three had the non advertised special. 8 oz filet mig in and 8 oz lobster tail. You choose between their French onion soup, which was to die for, or the wedge salad, which was the best I ever had. We ordered their home made wedge cut fries, which was an excellent choice. Our server, Rafi, incredible service. ! Not too much hovering, just right. Our evening could not have been more perfect. Just delightful! Thank you to everyone at Flemings!Special Features:
- A night to remember!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014We arrived to find a card on the table for my mothers birthday. Shortly after we were greeted with champagne. The service from Maria was outstanding. Everything from start to finish was wonderful. My mother's birthday is a blessing to us and to have the people at Flemings truly make her feel like a queen made my day. Great steak, wonderful wine, great desserts and outstanding service! Can't ask for more. Thank you Flemings and Maria.Special Features:
- mellDined on 9/6/2014All around outstanding. We were treated like royalty. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionAgarciaDined on 9/2/2014The whole dining experience was amazing! We were celebrating our anniversary and the employees made us feel so special and cared for. The service was amazing. We ate everything on our plates because the food was incredible. It was one of the best dinners we have ever had. We will definitely be coming back. It is not every day that a restaurant makes you feel like a million bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointingCathyVIPDined on 9/1/2014I can't really say that anything was bad, but nothing was really good either. Even at a lower price point, it would not have been a memorable steak dinner. For $40 and up I wanted that steak to wow me. It was good, but not great The Sunday night prime rib special is a good value, but the 3 "special" sauces that came with it were not very good, and I do like my horseradish sour cream dip. When the waitress forgot our drinks, they did the right thing and comped them, but again, not a memorable meal.Special Features:
- great timefatkidDined on 9/1/2014Came here on Labor day with my wife, sister and 7 year old son. We came for the prime rib special and it did not disappoint! From the start our server Rafi was great and very accommodating to my son and 8 month pregnant wife. Every part of the meal was spot on and I have not been able to stop talking about it to whoever will listen. We will be back soon as my wife went crazy for the roasted tomatoes butterSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerFlyfisherVIPDined on 9/1/2014As usual, we had a great dinner. One of the reason that I like Fleming's is that the manager always stops by to see how are dinner is going.Special Features:
- Flemng's Always DeliversHBSTEVEDined on 8/31/2014Was in San Diego for Labor Day weekend and dined at Fleming's Sunday night to take advantage of their $29.95 Prime Rib dinner special. AMAZING deal. Generous cut of Prime Rib, it comes with choice of one of their tremendous salads (go for the Wedge... outstanding) or French Onion soup (best around), a side dish per person as well as a dessert per person (split the delicious Lava Cake and take home a slice of cheesecake for the next morning). We brought in our own bottle of wine and were not charged a corkage fee. Sam, our waiter, was fantastic. We often go to Fleming's in Newport Beach. This was our first visit to the San Diego location. Not quite as upscale as the NB location but very nice just the same.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerGeneVIPDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed our "date night" at Fleming's very much! Patrick was a our server and was excellent!! I really appreciated his attentiveness and ability to let us enjoy quiet time with each other! He struck the perfect balance! We'll be back!Special Features:
- DoccVIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I have a very nice meal on a Sunday night. The small plates and a side would have been plenty, but I had to go for the Prime Rib Special and enjoyed it all. Very busy, but there was a ballgame on that evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!JoanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Flemings is always a treat for us and this meal was outstanding as usual. We came with friends to take advantage of the Labor Day special menu and enjoyed every course - excellent salad, perfect roast beef and delighful selection of deserts. Our waiter was Pete - he was great. We had good wine and nice Porchagese Port to end a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timer1sttimerDined on 8/30/2014Service was good. We were given complimentary champagne and a card for our anniversary. We had french onion soup and I had the Fleming salad. Both were good but not exceptional. We each had filet mignon . Both were delicious! We had the green beans, also very good. The bread we had was served hot. However, the crust was so hard/tough it scratched the roof of my mouth. Our desserts were yummy. The manager came by with a gift box of truffles which when opened appeared to have been in the heat and melted and cooled. He also gave us a card for 25% off our next visit.Special Features:
- A FavoriteskipVIPDined on 8/25/2014We can walk to Flemings in 5-10 minutes. Flemings shows up in our Opentable history more and more frequently than any other restaurant. Two reasons. Many other places we only go for happy hour. Flemings we go dinner AND happy hours. Flemings does not feel like a chainstore even though it is a chain. Servers are personable and attentive. Food delivery is QUICK! So many places in San Diego are slow. Great happy hour! Both food quality and value. Great specials that bring us in beyond the menu. Many places in San Diego are good .. Flemings is memorable and a favorite.Special Features:
- CeErDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th Anniversary with an early dinner at Flemmings, we were greeted and seated immediately. This was our first time here and our waiter was extremely helpful. The customer service by our waiter and other staff members were an A plus. My wife had the petite filet which she enjoyed very much. I had the dry aged rib eye medium rare that was cooked to perfection. The steak was red, hot, tender and full of flavor, I was very impressed. You know you're having a great dining experience when you're planning to return while waiting for your desert. We are definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedLuv2EatVIPDined on 8/18/2014Flemings always measures up! Though a bit pricey, the steaks are well worth the cost. There are menu choices for non-meat eaters (the barbecue salmon is my favorite) and smaller appetites (share one or two small plates and an appetizer or salad). The service is excellent and a manager roams the restaurant and visits each table to make sure everything is to your liking. This is one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Great food and wonderful service. The staff was very attentive. The manager even came to our table to check the quality of our dinner experience. The prime rib special was a great value. Generous amount of food for the price.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseMark4VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had the small plates, filet mingon& the lamb chops they were fantastic. The creamed spinach was too die for. Our server Dave was excellent. Overall a great diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedKennyDined on 8/15/2014We had looked forward to this dinner for several weeks. We enjoy a good steak and good service. The service by our waiter was very good but it took an hour for our entree to arrive at the table. My wife's filet was cooked excellently. I ordered the bone in rib eye medium rare but it was definitely rare and not as tender as most choice steaks. At $10.50 for the french fries I would expect them to be hot and fresh and they were not. Our bill without the tip came to over $160.00. I would not eat at this restaurant again. We have found comparable meals and atmosphere for about half the price that Fleming's charges.
- Not Returning SoonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The service was attentive, but slow...I guess that's a trend in steak house dining? The food was tasty, but sloppy...ordered shelled king crab and bit into shells four times. Will try another steakhouse next time.Special Features:
- Celebration DinnerBellissimaVIPDined on 8/11/2014Everything was great - excellent service; always remembered "no ice" in my water, kept the bread coming, friendly staff, told us their names, very personal. TWO $25 gift cert and TWO boxes of chocolates for the Birthday and Law School graduate - that was super nice and unexpected. Food was delicious - excellent evening, thanks.Special Features:
- Good but not greatlovedinningoutDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant was nice but loud as the dining area was directly behind the bar and a football game was on. The soup was good but so hot that we had to wait to eat it. Our steaks were cooked to order regarding doneness but lacked flavor. The wait staff was wonderful and very attentive. The manager came around checking on everyone. Overall, a nice but pricey evening for the quality and flavor of our food.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2014We were in San Diego celebrating our anniversary. Food was not amazing, service was just ok, perhaps they were too busy. Waiter forgot to bring salad and seemed as if he was in a hurry. Would not go back for a special celebration. The manager was very nice. Came to our table at the end of of dinner.Special Features:
- Flemmings Exceeded our ExpectationsLuv2dineoutDined on 8/5/2014Lovely evening dinner with family for a special occasion. Menu exceeded our expectations and the service from valet, to hostess, to server and bus boys was excellent. We had a handicapped guest and, at our request, were seated near an electrical outlet for his oxygen pump. The manager visited our table and provided a gift coupon and box of truffles for our birthday guest! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.