Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
380 K Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/san-diego
- Phone: (619) 237-1155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)notable wine list (82)romantic (63)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- YummyBluuDined on 11/18/2014Great place, friendly waitress. Fantastic bone in Rob eye and you have to try the bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kvolDined on 11/18/2014Our server was very friendly and the ambiance was nice. Food was tasty as well. Busy at the bar but the booth seating is very nice to keep the noise from taking over the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded Table and Steaks with NO tasteCityGirlDined on 11/17/2014I was extremely disappointed with the make-shift table my party of 12 was given. Two round table pushed up to a small square table where the 2 people sitting at the square small table had their backs to the rest of the people sitting at the two square tables. When asked for a new table I was told that there was no other way to accommodate my party of 12. Very poor planning on the part of the restaurant. THE STEAKS - what a disappointment. You would think a bone in Rib Eye would have some flavor. Steaks were overcooked and without FLAVOR. The salads and side dishes were good.
- Excellent Dinnerfoodie4lifeDined on 11/15/2014This was our first time visiting Fleming's Steakhouse. The Filet is by far one of the best I have tasted! The Martini's (Blueberry Lemon Drop) was delicious! Creme Brulee was outstanding. The service is excellent! The Manager, Krystal, greeted us at the beginning , and when she learned it was our first visit, she surprised us with a box of chocolates as a take home gift! What a nice surprise and very hospitable. We will definitely be returning. Thank you Fleming's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!xlaurenamandaxDined on 11/11/2014I came here to celebrate my fiancés birthday and we were absolutely pleased at the service that not only the waiter had, but every person who came to our table was very polite and sincere. The manager even surprised us with some chocolate truffles at the end of our meal as a birthday present to him! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationHbrasilVIPDined on 11/9/2014Excellent service! Seafood platter for two was amazing! Fillet and pork chop were simply cooked to perfection! Server suggested a perfect bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014We celebrated a birthday and the food was top notch and we experienced excellent five star service!Special Features:
- Extra special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Flemings took excellent care of us and really went above and beyond to celebrate our anniversary. The food and service were impeccable. I highly recommend Flemings for any special occasion you are celebrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same as others...AshtoniteDined on 11/7/2014I have been going to Flemmigns for years... ( BOSTON and PHOENIX ) This was by far the lesser of the experiences with this chain. Decor was familiar... service was good. However the food was below expectations 1) Asprargus was served burnt and overcooked. The second batch was cooked well... but quality of the asparagus was not good. it was stringy and hard to cut and eat. 2) Special seafood chowder was unimpressive. Tasted like PROGRESSO in a can. 3) Flemmings special potatoes were undercooked and not seasoned well. Was also served luke warm 4) Bar Potato chips... we got the bottom of the bucket... greasy, small pieces that were overcooked. 5) Steak was NOT exceptional for $45 a pop. Small and unimpressive. Ribeye :(Special Features:
- Very nicePeteDined on 10/31/2014Peppercorn steak was excellent. Outstanding service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply amazingluv2dineDined on 10/26/2014great food, great service, great atmosphere, the server was professional and knowledgeable, overall top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteakNomTimeVIPDined on 10/26/2014It was our first time at Flemings. The sweet chile calamari was excellent. As for the steak, we ordered a prime New York strip as our server suggested it. To his credit, he was correct. The NY strip was cooked perfectly and the wine he suggested was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Dinning at at your restaurant was so good. I have not had a better steak, and your prim rib was out of this world. Mike was our server and he is so nice told us about the food and just a super guy, all your staff our first class. We will be back, and I will sure tell my Friends about your good food and good service. Thank you for a good dinner and good food, and a good time.Special Features:
- Tom1Dined on 10/25/2014We had a wonderful table. Table 21 was perfect in the corner out of the commotion.Special Features:
- First Time HereSnS91901Dined on 10/25/2014Our food was excellent as well as our service. I chose Fleming's because I was in the mood for dry aged beef. My ribeye was prepared perfectly and I was not disappointed. My wife opted for the Halibut which she was very pleased with. The other stand out dish from our visit was the Lava Cake with homemade ice cream. We both thought it was the best we'd ever had. All-in-all a great experience.Special Features:
- Have seen betterjksdDined on 10/24/2014We have always been a fan of Fleming's...but this last time must have been an off night. The service was poor, the server was less than attentive. Our past experience has always been prompt attentive service, our server had his hands in his pockets and walked by our table without checking in on us.Special Features:
- 5 year anniversary dinnerJK558Dined on 10/11/2014Me and the wife sat down and on our table was a "Happy Anniversary" card. Later we were greeted by the manager who brought us over some complimentary champagne to celebrate our special occasion. Me and wife ordered the seafood platter for our appetizers which was great, nice, light and refreshing. I ordered the Dry Aged Ribeye (medium) and my wife ordered the special of bacon wrapped filet (also medium) and shrimp on top of mash potatoes. When the food arrived, we naturally dug in and made sure the food was to our liking. My steak had a nice char on the outside and was perfect medium on the inside. My wife's steak and bacon were underdone and being pregnant had to send it back. They took it off the bill and apologized.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dry aged paradiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014The dry aged ribeye was one of the best i've ever had. The flavor was a step above most steakhouse dry aged steaks. Mortons and eddie v's are too level but this one was extra juicy and and perfect, medium rare ofcourse.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful staffMikebDined on 10/8/2014Thank each and everyone for such great service. They made our evening special in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!GabeDined on 10/8/2014We sat in the bar area, bartender was very attentive! great atmospher! We had a bottle of Hess and Caymus 40th anniversary!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic steakhouseAlanRDined on 10/6/2014The food was excellent, the ambience old school steakhouse, the service superb. All around a very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- Always a perfect night.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/5/2014Always a wonderful treat! The service is outstanding. The specials are fun to try.Special Features:
- DisappointedALDM43Dined on 10/3/2014We were disappointed in the quality of the food. It was the last day of restaurant week. We had eaten at a Flemings in Providence, Rhode Island that was outstanding. We have also eaten at different restaurants during Restaurants week to try their cuisine. This restaurant is definitely one we won't return to.
- Stake your claim...babalouieDined on 10/2/2014On the best steak in San Diego. Bone on rib eye cant be beat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodsteakloverDined on 10/1/2014Great food, nice wine list provided a nice evening. Service is always good and you can never go wrong when you order a steak a Flemings!!Special Features:
- Lady Sings The BluesServiceSnobDined on 10/1/2014I've been dining at this Fleming's for years...I rave about it when WE go for EVERY birthday, anniversary and special occasion; always treated like royalty by staff and management. STOP - went to the Gaslamp for a concert alone and HAD to go there. I ordered wine, an appetizer and indicated I wanted to save room for dessert! I'm just ONE female and can't eat a full meal with wine, bread, salad, steak, sides and dessert..ugh! I was quite surprised at my experience. Service was clearly different to one female diner...and a manager greeted the table next to me, but never said a word to me! :(Special Features:
- Paul McCartneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My husband and I took my boss and his wife to dinner before the concert. Patrick was our waiter he was knowledgeable and very attentive. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Poor food this time; great serviceHillsDined on 9/27/2014We took my in-laws here & had a bad experience with our steaks. We all got the $45 filet & lobster special (plus appetizers, sides, dessert & cocktails). There was gristle in 2 of 4 filets that was impossible to cut thru & 3 of 4 steaks were WAY undercooked - 1 so badly that after sending it back, it was still undercooked & my MIL just gave up & only ate the lobster. We were told they were busy, but when you come to a nice place, you expect quality regardless. The server (Pete) was amazing. The Manager (Lindsey) was nice to take $100 off our $377 bill. We did really appreciate that, but would have much rather had a great experience for our in-laws. We'll be back as we live downtown, but I certainly hope quality is not slipping here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014complimentary champagne for our 10yr anniversary. Mgr. Lindsey gave us $25 gift card and homemade truffles. This gestures made our day. Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- great foodexcellenceDined on 9/26/2014Nice place, went there for restaurant week, would pay full price for the meal received, great thing about restaurant week being able to sample great restaurants. I had the lamb chops, cooked perfectly and were amazing as well as the bbq shrimp, waiter was great, would definitely go back again. I don't normay leave reviews but this place deserves it.Special Features:
- clemets4Dined on 9/26/2014Had a great dinner celebrating restaurant week ! The food was great. The service was awesome. Overall had a great girls night out !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not goodJAMRanckDined on 9/26/2014Maybe it's because Ruth's Chris of Del Mar spoiled us with their excellent service, but, going to Fleming's was like a shock to us. First of all, their Valet.. as I was getting my son out of the car, the valet started driving off. I had to yell "stop" 3x and hit the car repeatedly to get the driver's attention. He was apologetic and we still tipped him. Then, our server. OMG. He was not very attentive, but his support staff, like the guy who refills our water, was better than him. I wish the tip would only go to the busboy. Our server didn't come back to the table that often, he didn't really listen to what I wanted to order. Service was slow. We waited 20 mins for our food. Server was a slacker.Special Features:
- Good.PatronLDined on 9/26/2014The dining experience is great once it happens. The food is delicious and if you like smaller plates, it is one of the many options at Flemings. My only complaint is the pre-dining experience. Although, we had set reservations 2 weeks in advance, when we arrived we still had to wait at least 15 minutes before we were seated. There was no place to sit and wait. We had a party of four and only one of us were able to sit down against the wall in the bar. Although, the bar staff was friendly, we were definitely in the way. It is a very crowded place. We were thankful to finally be seated. Once seated, service and dinner were wonderful, and it was like we were in a completely different place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal TouchNewDowntownDined on 9/24/2014Always happy when the food is good and everyone in the wait staff makes the effort to make the experience personalSpecial Features:
- Lovely Dining Experience!Mur3Dined on 9/24/2014The four of us arrived with reservations at 7:00 PM and we were greeted warmly and were seated immediately. Our waiter and his staff were attentive, knew the menu, assisted us with the wine list and were generous but not intrusive with their attentions. Our steaks and lamb chops were perfectly prepared. The side dishes were also well prepared with quality ingredients. We know this because the food was flavorful and easily digestible. We had an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Very good 1st timeetLyannaVIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a great dinner celebrating restaurant week with friends. Service was outstanding. I had their advertised special. 8 oz filet mignon with 8 oz lobster tail and it was very good. Will definitely go back to bring my husband who's also a foodie.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2014I have been dining here for several years & have always been pleased with the food, service, & atmosphere. On this visit I was a bit perplexed by the happy hour scene. Why would such an upscale restaurant allow the happy hour crowd to take over filling the bar leaving no room for diners to enjoy a cocktail before/after their meal? The bartenders & bussers were working overtime to tend to the needs of $6 a plate customers, some which I viewed really took advantage of the situation. I'm sure this deferred from the normal excellent care of restaurant patrons & brought in no extra revenue. Does Donovan's, Ruth Chris or Morton's have such a 'bar" atmosphere?Special Features:
- Top NotchmrsurbsDined on 9/23/2014My husband & I were celebrating our Annv. & had the BEST service. We've always loved Flemings & this evening was NO exception to why we love this place.Special Features:
- Great food and servicetokay4Dined on 9/21/2014We wanted a nice restaurant to celebrate anniversary and was not disappointed with our choice. I ordered the Modern Cesar Salad, very good, but my husband ordered the French onion soup. Wow was the broth was to die for. Very beefy anf flavorful. I would highly recommend this soup. My husband had the chicken ( yes I know, in a steakhouse) and I ordered the short ribs. Both dishes were excellent. I am allergic to spinach and Sam, our waiter gladly changed my vegetable to asparagus. We shared a piece of the carrot cake for dessert. Wow, again, I would highly recommend this for your dessert selection. The cake is very moist and the cream cheese frosting is so yummy. Do yourself a favor and try Flemming's. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquely poorLisaDined on 9/20/2014We had a party of 6and have had many enjyable dinners at Flemings. This night we had out of town friends and wanted a nice dinner. Steak was way under cooked. Waiter forgot a few items, and the meal took forever. Management didnt take anything off the bill and merely apologozed.