Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio
255 East Basse Road
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/tx/san-antonio
- Phone: (210) 824-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)notable wine list (51)romantic (35)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (9)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent ServiceDisappointed78209VIPDined on 11/15/2014Our server, Richard B, couldn't have been better. His service was 100% perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDonlisaDined on 11/8/2014The food was over priced and average. I ordered a porcine rubbed filet and received what looked like a sirloin. Very thin and over cooked. The wine list was decent. The desert was average as well. We have had much better for the money
- Top notch!kww125Dined on 11/8/2014Excellent food with excellent service. We had a "deconstructed porterhouse" for two: strip and filet that was exceptional. Deliciously seasoned and expertly prepared, it will bring us back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Great steak house! Fantastic wine list :) Everything was great... Minor gripe that our steaks were slightly over-cooked, but they were still delicious :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedBirthdayVIPDined on 11/1/2014Ordered NY Strip Bone in so tough that I couldn't enjoy it
- Phenomenal FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014This was my first time to Flemings though I've heard of their stellar reputation. I chose the 20oz bone-in ribeye and must say, easily the best steak overall that I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not great experience this time outYodaDined on 11/1/2014Don't do mignon starter. Paying too much for the risotto. NOt enough meat.Special Features:
- Flemings is always great!Shoegirl9732Dined on 10/30/2014My husband and I always have a nice time at Flemings. The food is wonderful however, this time I felt the service was of lower quality. I also understand the restaurant was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I was disspaointed with the lack of dress code and the screaming baby and the next table over. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary but were sourrounded by people dressed and acting like they were at a fast food resteraunt. Shorts and flip flops + screaming babies don't really fit with what we had in mind for that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE SERVICE, VERY DISAPPOINTEDSiloDELISHVIPDined on 10/25/2014I've been to a number of Fleming's around the country and have even been to this location one other time. Last Saturday night, we decided to go there with some friends because I wanted to pick a location for my company Christmas party this year. We went there straight from a football game so we were dressed casually. We were seated quickly due to my OpenTable reservation and that's when things started to go south. Our server was absolutely horrible. He disappeared, forgot drinks, just didn't show up... we had to flag other servers down to get water. They forgot my sides when the food came. My Rusty Nail never appeared. When I asked the server about it when he brought the check, he said that they were out of Drambuie - never stopped by.
- Flemmings Dining ExperienceHungryJohnnyBoyDined on 10/22/2014My partner and I celebrated our 20 year Anniversary. Flemmings Staff and Management hit it out of the park! From the moment we walked in we felt as if no one else mattered except us. There was an Anniversary card on the table signed by all the staff. Many staff members who weren't even assigned to serve us including the Manager, came over and congratulated us. The food, wine, scotch were exceptional as always and to complete our dining experience the Manager personally brought over a box of chocolate truffles and gift card with his compliments. We left knowing we had made the right decision for our memorable occasion. A special thanks to our server Veronica!Special Features:
- always greatNewlyVIPDined on 10/19/2014Relatives in town and wanted a special treat on their last night. Where else but Flemings! Stopped by the bar for a happy hour cocktail, then went to our booth. Great service and expert advice from our waiter. Food was exactlly as ordered. Great prime rib! Everyone was completely sated when we walked out.Special Features:
- Great Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014Steak was great. Wine was awesome (if overpriced vs. Ruth's Chris). Service was very bad.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/14/2014Ate there twice in a week it was so excellent. I didn't need a a knife to cut my filet it was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's is always top-notchLocalGuestDined on 10/11/2014Fleming's is our go-to choice for special occasions, they work hard to make it enjoyable and memorable. The manager visited our table multiple times, brought gifts, and we never felt hurried or pressured. If you are looking for a classic steak dinner with lots of wonderful accompaniments, this is your place. The shrimp cocktail is huge, the wedge salads are done just right, and the wine list always has something new to try. The desserts are also huge and tasty. A fairly frequent special is the steak and lobster, which is both a great meal and a great deal. They have courtesy valet parking which comes in handy when the Quarry is busy. Also we had the baked brie as an appetizer which I had never tried before and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/6/2014Big city service in San Antonio. Definitely was a wonderful night and fantastic dinner. Mostly impressed by our server: Richard Bundick. Exceptional young man and one to watch out for, he's taking dining to a whole other level in San Antonio.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2014I commend the general manager for an outstanding experience. The meal was perfect and I tried an outstanding wine that was on the Last Call menu. I will return soon.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationPeggyDined on 9/29/2014My brother in law and myself celebrated our birthday here on Monday. Everything was fabulous. Best filet I have had in quite some time. We had a wonderful, memorable evening.Special Features:
- One of the best steaks in town!ArleneVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our first visit to Flemings was memorable. And the first of many to come. I had the heirloom tomato and burrata salad and my husband ordered the Caesar. Both were fresh and flavorful and nicely presented. We both chose the dry aged rib eye steaks at the server's suggestion. I have been to many high end steakhouses in San Antonio and can honestly say that this steak was the best I've tried. The accompanying onion rings and creamed spinach were both delicious and nicely rounded out the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak around!rjgcctxVIPDined on 9/27/2014I'm not sure why I haven't been here before, but we will definitely be coming back! Service was outstanding. Lobster and filet were to die for!Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014Got bone in strip and wife got petite filet. Unfortunately the petite steak was over cooked, burnt and hard. Don't understand how it passed the OA coming out of kitchen. Manager apologize and took it off the bill and provided dessert on the house. Overall restaurant is nice however I rank them behind Ruth Chris, Perry's, Bohannan and Mortans. Was disappointed to see business attire dress code not enforced. Patrons dined with shorts, flip flops, jeans on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Makes Up for Ok FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Nothing remarkable about the food. Steak, salmon, and lobster were all fine, but not exceptional. The service was fantastic. Very attentive staff.
- Other steakhouses betterRyanVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went mainly because of the surf & turf special (8oz filet & 8oz lobster tail for $45). Great deal, but like most things in life, too good to be true. Both the steak and lobster were average-tasted like Salt Grass quality. Went with two other couples-all 3 of us guys had the special and all had the same opinion. Good amount of food for the price but if any of us would've had to pay regular price for either, we would've been disappointed. If you want a great steak go to Perry's, Ruth's Chris, or Morton's instead..or try the Filet at Boiler House! This place ranks in my bottom half of steak houses as the food has just seemed bland -it won't wow you Plus side-service was excellent. Waiter and manager made up for getting drink order wrong.Special Features:
- Greateveninglive4diningoutDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I chose Flemings for our anniversary dinner. Although we live out of the city we wanted to take advantage of the special menu offering for Sept. which was a filet and lobster tail with appetizer and choice of wedge salad or French onion soup. We were pleasantly surprised with how well both were prepared and with the overall presentation. Service was impeccable. We look forward to other special offerings on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night perfect!Shoegirl9732Dined on 9/5/2014Surprised my husband for date night. Everything was amazing and perfect. The mood and lighting was right. Our waitress--awesome! Food-perfect! I will definately go back and eat the exact same thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in the BarCarnegieSteeleDined on 9/4/2014This is my favorite place to take dinner while sitting in the bar. You can watch the activities in the entire restaurant from the bar and still enjoy a fabulous menu.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Decided to eat here for our second wedding anniversary and we were very dissatisfied with the food. My steak was not seasoned, my husband prime rib was just okay.
- fantasticNewlyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Always love the prime rib special. Happy hour at the bar a great deal as well.Special Features:
- Great Eats!HillyDined on 8/31/2014Awesome management and staff! We are always welcomed and treated superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib specialLionJeffVIPDined on 8/24/2014We went on a Sunday night for the $29.95 Prime Rib Special. Its a tremendous value. Howeverr the prime rib was only mediocore. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Service going downKlod1023VIPDined on 8/23/2014Seems every time I go the service gets a little worse. We started the night extremely rushed by the waitress and then ended our meal waiting and waiting for coffee and the check. Huge gap between starter and entree. I think the waitress was having difficulty managing the 8 top next to us. We'll go back, but only because it is convenient and steaks are better than average.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerTXFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The steak was perfect. An enjoyable evening. The wine list is extremely extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SerendipitousGirlfriendDined on 8/22/2014We just celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary at Flemings and it was wonderful. Everything from the service, food, wine and valet parking made it perfect. We would recommend Flemings for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014I usually go to Fleming's twice a month with clients or colleagues. It was disappointing that I had to send my steak back twice because it wasn't cooked right. The biggest disappointment was they didn't do anything to make it better. With all the great restaurants in San Antonio, it won't be difficult to find another place to take my guests.
- viperguyDined on 8/11/2014Always a great place to eat with friendly service. The staff and management always treat you like family and make you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime rib!NewlyVIPDined on 8/3/2014Love the prime rib special! Wish it was offered more frequentlySpecial Features:
- richard made our night....FMendozaDined on 8/2/2014Your steaks where good but with a ribeyes the fatty part was toooo overcooked (blacken to be fair) and killed the flavored. What balanced the evening was our waiter Richard, his charm and knowledge was a pleasant experience and his service incredible.....he is a gem for a wine lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We went to Fleming's to celebrate my husband's birthday and the service was just outstanding! Not only did we feel special as there was a birthday card on the table, but at the end of the meal, my husband received a chocolate treat and gift certificate for a future visit. Definitely made us feel that Fleming's (as a more expensive restaurant) was worth the added cost.Special Features:
- The following 269 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio reviews archive.
- love itNewlyVIPDined on 7/20/2014Always enjoy Flemings - great food and great service. Love it even more when they offer the $29 Prime Rib special. Wow!Special Features:
- DisappointedMyownnickname9999Dined on 7/11/2014Went on a Friday night with one other person. I made a table request and they accommodated it, which I want to note and which I appreciated. Had to ask twice for water, had to ask for bread by snagging the bread server as she walked by, and finally got our drinks but not before the appetizers came. We had ordered our drinks before ordering anything else. Had the fixed price menu. the appetizer was tuna something which was pretty to look at but all I could taste was the avocado. Entree of salmon and steak was excellent but despite asking twice they mixed up the steaks as to degree of rare and medium even though there were only 2 of us. The dessert of shortcake was quite spongy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.