Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio
255 East Basse Road
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/tx/san-antonio
- Phone: 2108249463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (19)romantic (19)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- GreateveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014My husband and I chose Flemings for our anniversary dinner. Although we live out of the city we wanted to take advantage of the special menu offering for Sept. which was a filet and lobster tail with appetizer and choice of wedge salad or French onion soup. We were pleasantly surprised with how well both were prepared and with the overall presentation. Service was impeccable. We look forward to other special offerings on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night perfect!Shoegirl9732Dined on 9/5/2014Surprised my husband for date night. Everything was amazing and perfect. The mood and lighting was right. Our waitress--awesome! Food-perfect! I will definately go back and eat the exact same thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in the BarCarnegieSteeleDined on 9/4/2014This is my favorite place to take dinner while sitting in the bar. You can watch the activities in the entire restaurant from the bar and still enjoy a fabulous menu.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Decided to eat here for our second wedding anniversary and we were very dissatisfied with the food. My steak was not seasoned, my husband prime rib was just okay.
- fantasticNewlyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Always love the prime rib special. Happy hour at the bar a great deal as well.Special Features:
- Great Eats!HillyDined on 8/31/2014Awesome management and staff! We are always welcomed and treated superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib specialLionJeffDined on 8/24/2014We went on a Sunday night for the $29.95 Prime Rib Special. Its a tremendous value. Howeverr the prime rib was only mediocore. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Service going downKlod1023VIPDined on 8/23/2014Seems every time I go the service gets a little worse. We started the night extremely rushed by the waitress and then ended our meal waiting and waiting for coffee and the check. Huge gap between starter and entree. I think the waitress was having difficulty managing the 8 top next to us. We'll go back, but only because it is convenient and steaks are better than average.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerTXFoodieDined on 8/22/2014The steak was perfect. An enjoyable evening. The wine list is extremely extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SerendipitousGirlfriendDined on 8/22/2014We just celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary at Flemings and it was wonderful. Everything from the service, food, wine and valet parking made it perfect. We would recommend Flemings for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014I usually go to Fleming's twice a month with clients or colleagues. It was disappointing that I had to send my steak back twice because it wasn't cooked right. The biggest disappointment was they didn't do anything to make it better. With all the great restaurants in San Antonio, it won't be difficult to find another place to take my guests.
- viperguyDined on 8/11/2014Always a great place to eat with friendly service. The staff and management always treat you like family and make you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime rib!NewlyVIPDined on 8/3/2014Love the prime rib special! Wish it was offered more frequentlySpecial Features:
- richard made our night....FMendozaDined on 8/2/2014Your steaks where good but with a ribeyes the fatty part was toooo overcooked (blacken to be fair) and killed the flavored. What balanced the evening was our waiter Richard, his charm and knowledge was a pleasant experience and his service incredible.....he is a gem for a wine lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We went to Fleming's to celebrate my husband's birthday and the service was just outstanding! Not only did we feel special as there was a birthday card on the table, but at the end of the meal, my husband received a chocolate treat and gift certificate for a future visit. Definitely made us feel that Fleming's (as a more expensive restaurant) was worth the added cost.Special Features:
- love itNewlyVIPDined on 7/20/2014Always enjoy Flemings - great food and great service. Love it even more when they offer the $29 Prime Rib special. Wow!Special Features:
- DisappointedMyownnickname9999Dined on 7/11/2014Went on a Friday night with one other person. I made a table request and they accommodated it, which I want to note and which I appreciated. Had to ask twice for water, had to ask for bread by snagging the bread server as she walked by, and finally got our drinks but not before the appetizers came. We had ordered our drinks before ordering anything else. Had the fixed price menu. the appetizer was tuna something which was pretty to look at but all I could taste was the avocado. Entree of salmon and steak was excellent but despite asking twice they mixed up the steaks as to degree of rare and medium even though there were only 2 of us. The dessert of shortcake was quite spongy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Every time we eat at Fleming's is a great experience. Wonderful meal, outstanding service (Micah and Nelda previously), good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningMikeDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I went here to celebrate her birthday. They brought her truffles and a gift card to return. Nice touch! We both had filets and they were outstanding. We highly recommend Fleming's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Off Night for Flemings...DocMilnerVIPDined on 6/13/2014We typically have consistent and excellent service and food at Flemings but this was definitely an exception. It started with not being able to use the wine list iPad as there was an error on it. This was followed by waiting for a long time after the tables around us placed their orders to place ours. This was complemented by our food arriving in decent time but only to find that my steak was significantly over cooked and my daughter's crab legs were not hot. These things are unusual for Flemings but the $160 bill was typical. A bit frustrating, frankly.Special Features:
- Good Date Night OutLorenzoDined on 6/9/2014Service was excellent all around. Food was good, my ribeye was a tad bit on the dry side, but still had good flavor. We enjoyed the interactive wine pairing ipad at the table, it gives dining experience a lift especially if you are not familiar with wine pairing.Special Features:
- A standby for us for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/6/2014The food is always good. The list of wines by the glass is extensive. We love the wedge salads. My husband is always pleased with his steak and there are plenty of choices for smaller appetites/non-steak eaters. I especially like the reasonably priced Small Plates that do not require me to order a la carte to get a full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing restaurantYodaDined on 6/1/2014I always enjoy the atmosphere at Fleming's. The food is always exquisitely, but the lava cake was out of this world. You want to save room for this and its big enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitMicktheStickDined on 5/30/2014Bone-in ribeye, excellent flavor, well-seared. All dishes served at exactly right temperature. Cheesecake texture exceptional. Mac and cheeseSpecial Features:
- The following 258 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - San Antonio reviews archive.
- Great FindPheebsDined on 5/17/2014We went for my husband's birthday. He was greeted by name with Happy Birthday wishes and given a birthday card with a box of chocolate truffles and a $25 gift card from the manager after the meal. Great meal and delicious food. Interior of restaurant was very nice and no children running around causing a ruckus made it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dwilcoxsatDined on 5/11/2014Had a Great time on Mother Day and Richard provide great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Mothers' Day Brunch was outstanding. We also enjoy the Happy HourSpecial Features:
- Still had to waitSADinerDined on 5/10/2014I wonder what the point is of mAking the RSVP if they are still going to tell you your table won't be ready until 15 minutes after your RSVP time. Unfortunately for us we also arrived about 25 minutes early. We were lucky enough to snag a table at the bar, but I wouldn't say the service is equal to what we've had before in the dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Fleming's!ArthurDDined on 5/10/2014Once again, Fleming's has proven that it is our favorite up-scale dining establishment. Food and appetizers were excellent. The wine list offered great choices. My reasonably priced Malbec was excellent and a great value. Although there was a 20 minute wait beyond our reservation time, the manager stepped up and served some bubbly to all of us who were waiting for our tables. A very nice gesture. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great steakNewlyVIPDined on 5/9/2014Tried the special 27 ounce herb encrusted ribeye. Incredible! Adon took great care of us.Special Features:
- Amazing good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2014Every single thing is great. Have never had a bad thing on the menu.Special Features:
- FlemingsWendellsVIPDined on 4/25/2014Excellent food & service....... Best steak in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday at Fleming's. Everything was really good. Our server was attentive and the food was delicious. Trefethin is a good Welsh name for a wine, and reminded us of one of our favorite restaurants back in the North East. It was impressive that so many staff greeted my wife to wish her happy birthday. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost thereHusbandDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter brunch.... brioche French Toast was excellent. ..filet mignon hash first came out overdone and chewy, then upon sending back for another try the steak was better cooked as fast as temperature but bland. We will actually return for one more shot because the service and ambience were great but we can't recommend until then, at least not over Kirby's and Bob's Steakhouse or Sullivan's in AustinSpecial Features:
- Special Occasionzorro4uDined on 3/31/2014I usually have dinner here with my wife when we are celebrating a special day or a special occasion. The service is remarkable and the food is very good. Wine list is very notable with a great selection and variety of prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2014First, our server was excellent. Attentive but not suffocating. One steak was a little more rare than medium rare but they took care of it promptly (better to be undercooked than over poked!) We will return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visited on Friday nightLonghorn78Dined on 3/28/2014We visited on Friday night to celebrate our anniversary. We had a reservation and I recommend it because this is a busy place. There's a huge wine selection in all different price points.The menu descriptions are incomplete meaning none of the steak descriptions state the number of ounces .Steak prices are $45 or more. Side dishes are expensive ($9-$11) for baked potato, asparagus, French fries, sautéed mushrooms. Just can't fathom paying $10 for a baked potato or any side for that matter. Our waitress was average at best and seemed rushed to handle other tables, not very personable either. For the money, I think there's better choices.Special Features:
- Excellent evening.Disappointed78209VIPDined on 3/27/2014My 93-year old mother lives in a nearby retirement community and about once a month she enjoys dinner at Fleming's. Our favorite server is Ricky who was excellent as always. His new assistant was also unusually good. One touch that I noticed this time which I thought was special: the young ladies at the front desk always make a point of using everyone's name on arrival, but what pleasantly surprised me was when they used my name as I was leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuietMyownnickname9999Dined on 3/20/2014Not crowded and I am sure that is why it was quiet. I rated it as good in comparison to other restaurants in its class. did not care at all for the iPad device they gave us to select our wine.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/19/2014Typical steak-house fare done well. We went to the bar for happy hour before dinner, which was a great way to get a round of drinks and try some appetizers at a good price.I would recommend this to a friend.