Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City
20 South 400 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ut/salt-lake-city
- Phone: (801) 355-3704
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City - Best Restaurants in Salt Lake City ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)notable wine list (34)romantic (26)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (17)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- StevoDined on 11/14/2014Great Steak, Great Wine, Bread could be a little tastier, but overall an excellent steakhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than RedeemedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014My wife and I were here in August and had an experience noticeably below our expectation of Flemings - and we've dined here dozens of times in the past. So as not to let one mediocre experience drive us away, we tried Flemings again for our anniversary in November. There had been some staff changes in the 3 months, and things were back to our expectations again. The food and beverages were up to our expectations, and we had excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Vince!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014He's a veteran server and wonderful to have at your table.Special Features:
- Surprising fish and excelent stakeMissRhiannonDined on 11/1/2014Everything was delicious and the service was superb. The stake was perfectly cooked and delicious as expected but the fish and side dishes were equally tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sad!FoooodyDined on 11/1/2014This place used to be my favorite! I don't know what's happened, but this last time was awful! The service was insanely slow, we waited an hour for our steaks and they were rationing the bread. The lava cake was a solid gelatinous mass with no lava! I guess I'm so disappointed because it used to be so great. They've lost the individual care and attention that they used to provide.
- Surprised with wonderful serviceFoodisgoodVIPDined on 10/31/2014I had read other reviews and was a little nervous to try the Slc flemnings- but I'm so glad I did! Our server and assistants were fantastic. I ordered the bone in ribeye and my friend ordered the filet. Both were prepared perfectly! Don't miss the chocolate lava cake for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapoibtmentfatandhappyVIPDined on 10/25/2014I have given Fleming's a few chances to impress and have been severely disappointed many times. This last visit had done of the worstservice I've seen at a fine dining establishment. I won't be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Everything was excellent. Special thanks to Rick, Jillet (sp?) and David Harden. . . Top notch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We were greeted by a friendly host and seated in a quiet area. Our server was very knowledgeable and helped us find the perfect wine to suite our taste. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WomderfulflynlowDined on 10/19/2014Celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at Fleming's. Service was great and food was delicious. Didn't feel rushed. Relaxing and enjoyable. Will go back again. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- higher wine pricesSeriousVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have always loved Flemings but the new wine prices left us all feeling fleeced. I will never buy wine at Flemings again. I understand the mark up, but it seemed like price gouging. Some one who made the decision to do this must think the people of Utah are stupid. The mark -up is now at 450% per bottle and that is too much if you drink. I am or was a regular customer . I checked prices on line this morning at the Utah.gov website for wine prices to make sure they hadn't taken a raise, and they had not. Example. - Bella Gloss Pinot Noir Meomi- State price, 19.99- Flemings $90.00, KJ Chardonnay - State reg. price 17.99 on sale all of Oct 14.98, Flemings $70.00. Food and service was great.Special Features:
- The Premier Restaurant in Salt LakeMarcandMayVIPDined on 10/14/2014The Chef Rick not only made a special accommodation for our party (my wife had just returned from Thailand after 3 months) but he came out and personally welcomed her home and thanked us for coming. THe waiter, and I am remiss that i have forgotten his name, was incredible. He anticipated our every need and was professional and courteous beyond the norm.My wife and I each had the Steak and Lobster special that had officially ended two evenings earlier (thank you Rick) and the freshness of the lobster and the quality of the Filet Mignon was perfect. The appetizer consisted of a single scallop on a bed of polenta that was one of the best appetizers that I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. Thw wedge salad was crisp. No better value!Special Features:
- Awesome place, great foodJimKDined on 10/13/2014We celebrated our son's bday and it was perfect: the food, the service, everything :) Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Not Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014Very disappointed. I hate to give bad reviews, but when a place charges the kind of money that Fleming's charges, the food, the atmosphere, the service, it should all be a notch above. The bread was hard and dry like it had been microwaved, the wait for food was forever, and the overall service was worse than any Sizzler I have ever been to. Sorry, but these people need to learn that their customers have choices, and in the future mine will not include Fleming's.
- Excellent Food, Great ServiceMaximillian00VIPDined on 10/1/2014This was my first visit to Fleming's and it did not disappoint. The service was very good and would be 5 stars except for a problem with the glasses they served me. The first one was cracked and they apologized and brought me another. This one had a chip in the rim that was sharp on the tongue. The manager, Rick came over and sincerely apologized. He told me he was going to make sure I was taken care of. I thought they would probably comp the appetizer, which would have been nice of them but when I received the check, he has comped both steaks. This was above and beyond and I was very impressed. The food was so delicious, both filet mignon and NY strip. They had a great wrung selection too with great prices. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine, great foodOldiebutgoodiefoodieDined on 9/19/2014This might be a special occasion type of place, but it is definitely worth it. Just a few extra dollars can make a remarkable dinner!Special Features:
- It is what it is.hotxbunDined on 9/2/2014Understaffed for busy nights with Eagles concert at Energy Solutions. Great quick burger and fun at the bar. But overall, this is not dining. However, management did respond to our poor service so they get credit for that. I think they were down cooks. But on the floor, we got water and a drink and bread and then staff disappeared.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceWeLuv2dineoutDined on 8/31/2014Our first time to Fleming Steakhouse and we loved, loved everything about this restaurant. The service was top notch, friendly, very knowledgable regarding all menu items and professional. We had the Sunday night Prime Rib dinner, 4 course meal and very reasonable for Choice of Salad, side dish and DESSERT. We'll be going again SOON!!Special Features:
- A great spotDPDdinerDined on 8/30/2014A vibrant scene is created at a well positioned restaurant for folksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice except....Ber2zDined on 8/30/2014Overall a good experience for my family. Shrimp tower was a bit over priced for what you get. The steak was the big disappointment for me. NY strip, which isn't always the best cut, had a big section of tendon which ruined a good portion. I expect more from Flemings. Still a good experience for 6 in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's in Salt Lake CityChrisDined on 8/19/2014This Fleming's is actually located in the shopping area known at "The Gateway" next to the old Union Pacific station. It is the first Fleming's I've gone to aside from the one in my home town of Tampa. Great ambiance and service, great bartender, bar & drinks and great food.Special Features:
- 2nd Time Just As LongkchanVIPDined on 8/18/2014Gave this place a 2nd chance, as our last experience was not a great one (steak not cooked the way requested and long wait times for food). This time our food was good. I liked the caesar salad, pork belly app, my wife's braised short rib small plate, and the prime rib was decent. But like last time we waited over 40 mins for the food and even the dessert took 20 mins. The dinner was over 2 and 1/2 hrs. Our waiter apologized and we knew it wasn't his fault, but what made it worse was the operating partner also came over to apologize and said nobody should ever have to wait this long. However, nothing was offered to make up for this wait time. Not even sure why he came over to validate an already frustrating experience.
- Very Disappointing! Awful food!CheatsheetVIPDined on 8/18/2014We had fond memories of when the 1st Flemings opened in Scottsdale, Arizona, so we wanted to eat here 1 night of our trip. No problem with changing our reservation time. We were warmly greeted. Our waitress, Andrea, was knowledgeable & adorable. They had our favorite wine, but upped the price, of course. The bread was warm & delicious. However that was THE END of the positives. I ordered the filet special which was presented by Andrea as a petite fillet over a bed of mushrooms with 3 or 4 shrimp on top for $42. I got a 2 oz fillet with a few mushrooms, undercooked garlic cloves, and 4 over-cooked shrimp scattered around the plate. What???? My husband's regular filet was not edible - dry, no flavor, stringy & under-cooked. Ugh! DON'T GO!!!!Special Features:
- Still Lackingeat2liveVIPDined on 8/17/2014Flemings tries to exist at the top of the market but keeps missing. Our 4th try (1 family member picks it) & still misses. They call mid-day to confirm yet you show up & you while table is prepped. Upon getting seated with reams of menus the waiter appears immediately & asks to take your drink & appetizer order. How about "welcome, I'll be back in a few minutes to answer questions". The tower of onion rings was dramatic until it was dropped across the table & 2 sides forgotten until reminded. The wait staff dropped a heavy steak knife being bussed that hit a bare ankle & it was hardly acknowledged. On the plus side, the food quality was much better on this visit, water glasses filled, & special requests were honored. Chef's effort in vain.Special Features:
- SeriousVIPDined on 8/14/2014The service was great and the food was so good once again.Special Features:
- SLC service is headed down hillDWSLCVIPDined on 8/8/2014I've been to the Flemming's twice in the last month and have met rude, slow or inattentive serve each time. Time for new staff or better customer service training; as smile should be a minimum expectation, not a stretch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's does not disappoint!slctravelguruDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I have friends who dine at Fleming's and have said amazing things. We decided to try it out and needless to say, we found the food to be of the highest standards. This restaurant did NOT disappoint! If you get a chance to visit Fleming this summer, try the 'Taste of Summer' trio. Although the restaurant is (relatively) expensive, this is a value based dish where the portions are slightly smaller, but you still leave satisfied. The service was amazing. They were training the night we were there, so we had extra attention. Definitely on my top five in Utah for quality, service and ambience. We will be back to Fleming's for those special nights out in the future. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary Dinner!CarlaVIPDined on 7/31/2014We went with our dear friends who were also celebrating their wedding anniversary this month & everything was perfect! The seafood appetizer had an impressive presentation & tasted delicious. All steaks were cooked to the correct temperature. Our server (sorry I can't remember her name) did a great job. She was there when we needed her & not when we didn't. We'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Extremely impressed!TimmyVIPDined on 7/26/2014I'm a bit of a food snob. I don't mind going to a local joint for some comfort food, but sometimes I like to splurge and indulge with some fine dining. If that's what you want, then you have to try Flemings! Spencer's used to be my favorite, but no longer. I started off with their Caesar salad, which had house made dressing. I could taste a hint of anchovies, and it came with crispy prosciutto and fried capers - amazing! I then had the 11oz filet with the lobster tail and caviar topper, and it was cooked exactly the way I ordered it - a nice blue rare. It was the most flavorful piece of meat I've had in a very long time. It's pricey as all prime steakhouses are, but it's actually less expensive than what you would find elsewhere.Special Features:
- The following 225 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City reviews archive.
- Always perfectamcinellyDined on 7/18/2014We had the 3 course meal foe $40 special. So good. The filet just melted in your mouth. Love this place. As close to a Morton's as it comes in Utah.Special Features:
- wendellVIPDined on 7/13/2014We were totally impressed with the service (Gillette), the food and the manager on Sunday evening. They made the evening a delight.Special Features:
- Fantastic!KadyDVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had never been to Flemings before but will be back as soon as possible. The dry aged rib-eye my husband had was like butter! For me, I wanted to swim in the baked brie! I can't believe we have not been here before!Special Features:
- greatDined on 7/8/2014I am never disappointed when dining here. The staff from the entry way through the meal is courteous and friendly. The steaks are impeccable as are the Flemings potatoes. Treat yourself!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014They made our anniversary into a most special event. We've never had better service. Hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the wonderful occassionToDineisDivineDined on 6/16/2014Wonderful food especially the NY steak. Prepaid to spend around $100 per person including tipping at 18-20% which I usually do. This place is a yes for that special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJimBDined on 6/15/2014Prime rib for Fathers Day was perfect!! So very tender and ideal medium rare. We always love the Fleming's Potatoes, they didn't disappoint. All the wait staff was professional, attentive and exact.Special Features:
- Dinner at FlemingsRKhungryDined on 6/6/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and were immediately escorted to a very nice table. The surrounding table conversations were fairly quiet, but combined with the music and kitchen clattering of pots and pans, the noise level was such that to hear each other talk we had to lean towards the talker and strain to hear the conversation. The steaks were all wonderful and done to perfection. However, the green beans that were served family style had the appearance of green straw with grill marks and a consistency of flavored broom stick straw. They were shriveled up almost beyond recognition. Assuming the green beans were a one time mistake, I'd warn diners that the noise factor makes conversation a chore, but the steaks are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lava Cake, Baked Potatoes, Oh My!luckygirlDined on 5/30/2014This vegetarian was perfectly happy dining on exceptional baked potatoes, perfect broiled asparagus spears, and can't-stop-until-I-finish-this chocolate fudge lava cake a la mode.Special Features:
- Flemings is Utah's bestMarcandMayVIPDined on 5/25/2014We have dined at Flemings several times and almost always have our special occasion meals here. The food is incredible, their signature cocktails are unique. The service is always professional and personal at the same time. If there is only on restaurant in Utah left -- we hope it's Flemings!Special Features:
- perfect steakhouseKwbrasiDined on 5/23/2014This is one of my favorite steak houses in the area. If you want a romantic night out work top notch service this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.