Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City
20 South 400 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ut/salt-lake-city
- Phone: 8013553704
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City - Best Restaurants in Salt Lake City ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (25)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Our first time to Fleming Steakhouse and we loved, loved everything about this restaurant. The service was top notch, friendly, very knowledgable regarding all menu items and professional. We had the Sunday night Prime Rib dinner, 4 course meal and very reasonable for Choice of Salad, side dish and DESSERT. We'll be going again SOON!!Special Features:
- A great spotDPDdinerDined on 8/30/2014A vibrant scene is created at a well positioned restaurant for folksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice except....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Overall a good experience for my family. Shrimp tower was a bit over priced for what you get. The steak was the big disappointment for me. NY strip, which isn't always the best cut, had a big section of tendon which ruined a good portion. I expect more from Flemings. Still a good experience for 6 in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's in Salt Lake CityChrisDined on 8/19/2014This Fleming's is actually located in the shopping area known at "The Gateway" next to the old Union Pacific station. It is the first Fleming's I've gone to aside from the one in my home town of Tampa. Great ambiance and service, great bartender, bar & drinks and great food.Special Features:
- 2nd Time Just As LongkchanVIPDined on 8/18/2014Gave this place a 2nd chance, as our last experience was not a great one (steak not cooked the way requested and long wait times for food). This time our food was good. I liked the caesar salad, pork belly app, my wife's braised short rib small plate, and the prime rib was decent. But like last time we waited over 40 mins for the food and even the dessert took 20 mins. The dinner was over 2 and 1/2 hrs. Our waiter apologized and we knew it wasn't his fault, but what made it worse was the operating partner also came over to apologize and said nobody should ever have to wait this long. However, nothing was offered to make up for this wait time. Not even sure why he came over to validate an already frustrating experience.
- Very Disappointing! Awful food!CheatsheetVIPDined on 8/18/2014We had fond memories of when the 1st Flemings opened in Scottsdale, Arizona, so we wanted to eat here 1 night of our trip. No problem with changing our reservation time. We were warmly greeted. Our waitress, Andrea, was knowledgeable & adorable. They had our favorite wine, but upped the price, of course. The bread was warm & delicious. However that was THE END of the positives. I ordered the filet special which was presented by Andrea as a petite fillet over a bed of mushrooms with 3 or 4 shrimp on top for $42. I got a 2 oz fillet with a few mushrooms, undercooked garlic cloves, and 4 over-cooked shrimp scattered around the plate. What???? My husband's regular filet was not edible - dry, no flavor, stringy & under-cooked. Ugh! DON'T GO!!!!Special Features:
- Still Lackingeat2liveVIPDined on 8/17/2014Flemings tries to exist at the top of the market but keeps missing. Our 4th try (1 family member picks it) & still misses. They call mid-day to confirm yet you show up & you while table is prepped. Upon getting seated with reams of menus the waiter appears immediately & asks to take your drink & appetizer order. How about "welcome, I'll be back in a few minutes to answer questions". The tower of onion rings was dramatic until it was dropped across the table & 2 sides forgotten until reminded. The wait staff dropped a heavy steak knife being bussed that hit a bare ankle & it was hardly acknowledged. On the plus side, the food quality was much better on this visit, water glasses filled, & special requests were honored. Chef's effort in vain.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/14/2014The service was great and the food was so good once again.Special Features:
- SLC service is headed down hillDWSLCDined on 8/8/2014I've been to the Flemming's twice in the last month and have met rude, slow or inattentive serve each time. Time for new staff or better customer service training; as smile should be a minimum expectation, not a stretch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's does not disappoint!slctravelguruDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I have friends who dine at Fleming's and have said amazing things. We decided to try it out and needless to say, we found the food to be of the highest standards. This restaurant did NOT disappoint! If you get a chance to visit Fleming this summer, try the 'Taste of Summer' trio. Although the restaurant is (relatively) expensive, this is a value based dish where the portions are slightly smaller, but you still leave satisfied. The service was amazing. They were training the night we were there, so we had extra attention. Definitely on my top five in Utah for quality, service and ambience. We will be back to Fleming's for those special nights out in the future. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary Dinner!CarlaVIPDined on 7/31/2014We went with our dear friends who were also celebrating their wedding anniversary this month & everything was perfect! The seafood appetizer had an impressive presentation & tasted delicious. All steaks were cooked to the correct temperature. Our server (sorry I can't remember her name) did a great job. She was there when we needed her & not when we didn't. We'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Extremely impressed!TimmyVIPDined on 7/26/2014I'm a bit of a food snob. I don't mind going to a local joint for some comfort food, but sometimes I like to splurge and indulge with some fine dining. If that's what you want, then you have to try Flemings! Spencer's used to be my favorite, but no longer. I started off with their Caesar salad, which had house made dressing. I could taste a hint of anchovies, and it came with crispy prosciutto and fried capers - amazing! I then had the 11oz filet with the lobster tail and caviar topper, and it was cooked exactly the way I ordered it - a nice blue rare. It was the most flavorful piece of meat I've had in a very long time. It's pricey as all prime steakhouses are, but it's actually less expensive than what you would find elsewhere.Special Features:
- Always perfectamcinellyDined on 7/18/2014We had the 3 course meal foe $40 special. So good. The filet just melted in your mouth. Love this place. As close to a Morton's as it comes in Utah.Special Features:
- wendellVIPDined on 7/13/2014We were totally impressed with the service (Gillette), the food and the manager on Sunday evening. They made the evening a delight.Special Features:
- Fantastic!KadyDVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had never been to Flemings before but will be back as soon as possible. The dry aged rib-eye my husband had was like butter! For me, I wanted to swim in the baked brie! I can't believe we have not been here before!Special Features:
- greatDined on 7/8/2014I am never disappointed when dining here. The staff from the entry way through the meal is courteous and friendly. The steaks are impeccable as are the Flemings potatoes. Treat yourself!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014They made our anniversary into a most special event. We've never had better service. Hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the wonderful occassionToDineisDivineDined on 6/16/2014Wonderful food especially the NY steak. Prepaid to spend around $100 per person including tipping at 18-20% which I usually do. This place is a yes for that special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJimBDined on 6/15/2014Prime rib for Fathers Day was perfect!! So very tender and ideal medium rare. We always love the Fleming's Potatoes, they didn't disappoint. All the wait staff was professional, attentive and exact.Special Features:
- Dinner at FlemingsRKhungryDined on 6/6/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and were immediately escorted to a very nice table. The surrounding table conversations were fairly quiet, but combined with the music and kitchen clattering of pots and pans, the noise level was such that to hear each other talk we had to lean towards the talker and strain to hear the conversation. The steaks were all wonderful and done to perfection. However, the green beans that were served family style had the appearance of green straw with grill marks and a consistency of flavored broom stick straw. They were shriveled up almost beyond recognition. Assuming the green beans were a one time mistake, I'd warn diners that the noise factor makes conversation a chore, but the steaks are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lava Cake, Baked Potatoes, Oh My!luckygirlDined on 5/30/2014This vegetarian was perfectly happy dining on exceptional baked potatoes, perfect broiled asparagus spears, and can't-stop-until-I-finish-this chocolate fudge lava cake a la mode.Special Features:
- Flemings is Utah's bestMarcandMayVIPDined on 5/25/2014We have dined at Flemings several times and almost always have our special occasion meals here. The food is incredible, their signature cocktails are unique. The service is always professional and personal at the same time. If there is only on restaurant in Utah left -- we hope it's Flemings!Special Features:
- perfect steakhouseKwbrasiDined on 5/23/2014This is one of my favorite steak houses in the area. If you want a romantic night out work top notch service this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining on Mother's DayRichDined on 5/11/2014The entree of Prime Rib was delicious with 3 dipping sauces, as was the Filet. Dessert Creme Boules was beyond words.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 213 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Salt Lake City reviews archive.
- Steak House ?marcosDined on 5/3/2014I'm a very positive person but was disappointed with Flemings. I went there to impress a first date and it didn't work. First off the beef carpaccio was served on a warm plate and the meat was not chilled at all and had no taste. The sides we ordered were good but I was shocked when they brought the steaks out. The plates were not hot and wasn't even seared. I should have gone to Ruth's Chris as I normally do. Also by 10:00 we were the only table left and felt like we were holding up the staff by not leaving..Special Features:
- Flemings--Never DisappointsTedGDined on 4/27/2014I have dined at this Flemings before when I traveled to Salt Lake City. Great ambiance and the food was great. My steak was cooked to perfection and the waiter was very attentive. If you like steak, Flemings is the place to go.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseJLDCEOVIPDined on 4/18/2014I am a big fan of steakhouses and have been to virtually all of the "big" ones. I generally go for independent (Gene and Georgettis, Abe and Louis', Sparks, etc..) vs. the chains and for good reason. The inconsistancy of the chains are legnedary. However, Flemings in general, and this one in Salt Lake in partifluar is the exception. Great food and service with some non-standard surprise items on the menu as well. THhe tempura lobster and spicy calmari were delicious! Steak all great. I would recommend this for sure.
- Enjoyed it!jandtDined on 4/14/2014Definitely great for special occasions or for when you are craving that little something extra to pull you visit together perfectly. We definitely enjoy our steak/lobster specials and our waitress was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceSnowAngelDined on 4/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dining at Fleming's in SLC. We decided to sit in the bar area for a slightly livelier experience than the white tablecloth dining room. Our server was very knowledgeable about the food, wine and mixed drinks. My cadillac margarita was made perfectly. The caesar salad was delicious. We both ordered the filet mignon, which came out cooked to perfection. It tasted even better with a nice glass of pinot noir. Overall it was an extraordinary dining experience. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, Average steakKenMcVIPDined on 4/11/2014There are a lot of competitors in the formulaic high end, High $ steakhouse arena and Fleming's SLC is right in the middle IMHO. Service was excellent and the food was prepared well, however two things stood out to me. I opted for the dry aged ribeye which should have been a very tender well marbled steak. The steak was prepared perfectly, but the meat itself did not seem prime. There was no marbling whatsoever. Perhaps it was a fluke, but for $55 I expect the best. Secondly, an espresso should be strong and frothy. It was neither. Service was excellent, decor was typical for this genre (lots of wood.) I liked that they did not charge for sauces (i opted for Bearnaise.) All in all, very good, but average in the high end steak world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service, great fimetsnationVIPDined on 4/11/2014I wanted to surprise my wife with a romantic dinner for the 30th anniversary since we had first met. Flemings did not disappoint. We were greeted with congratulations from the staff. The waitress was unbelievable, funny and personable. I got the halibut special, which was delicious. My wife got a filet mignon, which she loved. The dessert was served with a candle and the waitress took our picture, framed it and provided with white and dark chocolate truffles. What a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. ServiceSharonDined on 4/7/2014Food was excellent. Service was excellent. I thought I had put in my reservation I was gluten free, but was presented a separate menu after I requested some choices from the server. We enjoyed our dinner and the atmosphere. The wines by the glass is excellent. Was able to enjoy a glass of Italian wine that I would otherwise have to order the bottle for myself. Next time we have friends and a special occasion downtown I will make another reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected steakhouseKevonDined on 4/5/2014I expected Fleming's to have a very "trendy" feel, almost like a franchise restaurant would. I was impressed that it did not. The food was what you would expect at a steakhouse but the steak was better than a bland steak you get at most franchise restaurants. Our server was great, did not charge us a cork fee and also gave us free box of chocolate and a $25 gift card as we were celebrating an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemmings SLCdickDined on 4/3/2014Excellent food and service! Prices are too high, but with an across the board 15% reduction, the place would be full every night. Otherwise, this is a very special occasion choice only, for all but the wealthiest people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality fooddseeleyDined on 3/22/2014I was impressed with everything Flemings had to offer. The restaurant is beautiful and the ambience sets the tone for whatever occasion. There were people who were going to a Utah Jazz game, prom dates, and romantics like my husband and me. The prices are a little on the expensive, but you get what you pay for. Top notch! The service was outstanding. We didn't want for anything. All of the wait staff were attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicepaddyobieVIPDined on 3/9/2014Cayte was one of the best servers I have ever seen. Food was excellent as well. Great 1st visit to Flemings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Would have been a 5 on food if the scallops had been a bit larger.. other than that fantastic! Steak was cooked perfectly and the service was outstanding. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service and FoodsimpsrDined on 3/5/2014Treated out-of-town guest to dinner who had never dined at Flemings. We had a terrific meal. Very happy to have a Flemings in Salt Lake City . Quality of service and food is exceptional regardless of location (i.e. San Diego, Scottsdale etc..)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates Make a MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2014Flemings has always been know as a superb steak house. The attention to food quality and innovative preparation also extends to their small plates menu for those wanting something a little less filling. With both beef and fish options, paired with a salad there is something for every taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Foodfit4lifeDined on 2/22/2014This was one of the nicest restaurants in downtown Salt Lake City Utah. The food was fixed to perfection. The ambiance was perfect for a dinner date. Great wine list. I could go on and on. Everything was perfect and very special.Special Features: