Fleming's Steakhouse - Richmond
9200 Stony Point Parkway
Richmond, VA 23235Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Richmond
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/va/richmond
- Phone: 8042727755
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Richmond
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Fleming's Steakhouse - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (39)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (14)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Definitely knows their steaksKeddieGogoDined on 9/13/2014I wanted to celebrate my birthday out at a steakhouse and not the usual mediocre type places. I was planning to go to Ruth Chris when I happen to see a listing for Fleming's. I must say, I wasn't disappointed. From the moment we arrivedand until we departed, they attended to our every need. The wine selection was extensive and their iPad app for selecting wines entertaining. The farmers daughter cocktail was a blend of vodka, strawberries, and basil, just smashing. The ribeye was cooked to perfection and had a wonderful peppery sear. The creamed spinach was a delicious balance of spinach and cream. The Fleming's potatoes were an au gratin style with jalapenos. Everything was spot on and nothing disappointed. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SdbowiejrVIPDined on 9/6/2014Tay was our waiter and he was phenomenal! Excellent knowledge of the food and drinks--so nice and didn't rush us! Best oysters Rockefeller I've EVER had! And the steak just melted in my mouth! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you eat at the bar...RoadWarrior2VIPDined on 9/6/2014Be prepared for the same buck without the same service. My wife and i shared an inexpensive bottle of white wine along with salads and fish. We didn't feel like a big steakhouse meal. We thought we'd go "light" - less food, less time, less money. Our light meal still cost over $200 and the service was slow. The Flemings salad was good and the salmon was good and the bartender was nice, but not what we were expecting in terms of value.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionFeedbackVIPDined on 9/6/2014I visited Flemings on a Saturday night for my husband's birthday. The service was outstanding and the food was great. My only complaint was both my husband and my steaks were overcooked. I had the filet and he had the ribeye special. The steaks were still delicious but for the price I would expect the chefs to have cooking steaks down to a science. Again, overall a great experience. The waitress even took a photo of the group and printed it out to remember the special occasion. I would recommend Flemings to anyone. They also have great happy hour specials worth checking out.Special Features:
- never disappointeddcdinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014I enjoy this restaurant, the food is prepared to your liking and always good. The service is wonderful. Top of our favorite listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014Great food and great service! This restaurant is one of our "go to's" and we love it! Always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great service and fooddiningdivaDined on 8/30/2014I have been to Flemings before and had good service. When I went last saturday (8/30) I have to say that the service was OUTSTANDING. Our waitress Stephanie was excellent. As a former employee at another upscale restaurant I noticed that she was double-sat and it didn't help that we were asking tons of questions and were indecisive. But she handled it with the professionalism thats expected, and with a smile! It was my mothers birthday and she made her feel special (the picture was a nice touch too!). In addition to Stephanie being great, all of the staff from the food runner, to the busser, and other waiters helping out we exceptionally pleasant and even inserted humor.Kudos for working as a team and providing a memorable guest experience!Special Features:
- underwhelming foodcaptainstableDined on 8/28/2014The boneless rib eye was not bad just disappointing for an establishment that specializes in the preparation of beef and has the pricing to prove it. The family style vegetable, string beans (still had the strings), were no better than I have tasted at home. The salads were excellent as was the desert, a molten lava angel food cake with vanilla ice cream and pistachios. After dinner coffee was okay but nothing to write home about. For the price I am not convinced that I would return for another meal. Would I recommend a friend? I am just not sold on the value for the dollar. Sorry!Special Features:
- gratefulDined on 8/24/2014Excellent food and service! It is always enjoyable. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephanieDined on 8/22/2014We have been to Flemings quite a few times, but the time before this visit (end of June), the service was NOT at the same level that we normally experience...and of course this was the time that we had brought some friends to celebrate a special occasion, and of was their 1st time. We returned by ourselves with the hopes of the excellence that we had experienced before, and the team did not disappoint! Kimberly and the rest of the staff were wonderful! Now, to try and get our friends to return! Thank you for the wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably my last visitMRMRVIPDined on 8/20/2014I've been to this Flemings in the past. I decided to try it again. I won't go back. While the atmosphere is still nice and the servers were personable, the prices have become so outrageous that I can't go back. $50 for a filet? And that is before you pay $9 for a simple salad and $10 for a potato? I don't mind paying high prices if the quality matches the cost. But that is not the case at Flemings. There are other "splurge" restaurants in Richmond which provide a better experience for this price.Special Features:
- Service was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014While the price tag is not cheap the food and service excel.Special Features:
- Food reviewPAS1Dined on 8/14/2014My wife was served the wrong meal on her birthday. Chicken tenders for kids were hard. Food was not seasoned.Special Features:
- GloriaDined on 8/10/2014Took our mother for her 95th birthday. She was treated royally and I appreciate the kindness and gifts from Flemings. She had never been and thoroughly enjoyed herself. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great MealCNF86Dined on 8/3/2014Me and my family enjoyed a great meal here. Most of everyone got the prime rib which was very tasty and cooked pretty tender. I got a mix of a salmon and filet steak. Both were good. Overall no complaints here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too ExpensiveMechanicsvilleDuoDined on 7/19/2014We ate dinner at Fleming's, and while the service was great we would not recommend it. The dining room was crowded and very noisy. The food was food but the portions (especially the steak) were far too small for the price. Dinner with two drinks cost us over $150.00. Not good value for that huge cost.
- Exceptional ServiceTank2kVIPDined on 7/17/2014Nancy was our server and she was over the top she was prompt, professional and knowledgeable. The pepper steak and fixings were very good, wine selection was exceptional. We'll definitely be back to enjoy another great meal soon!Special Features:
- ExcellentJDjdDined on 7/11/2014Top notch experience. Food, wine and service were outstanding. Will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerspiderDined on 7/10/2014We were a group of 5 guys. The entire night was great. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. The wine was great and not ridiculously overpriced. The food was excellent and the steaks were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- James RocksWinnerDined on 6/27/2014Off the chain! Food was excellent and service was superb! Extensive wine selection with descriptions and food pairings. Loved their summer menu choices.Special Features:
- Great experiencesafireblueDined on 6/24/2014The food was great, our server was really awesome, worth the price!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerilovefoodDined on 6/21/2014Love flemings and usually have an exceptional meal. This particular time though my NY strip was under seasoned and tasted a bit plain--should've gotten sauced to pair with. Other than that, everything was great. The Fleming's potatoes are by far the best side to get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatieDined on 6/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed this special place on a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSueSDined on 6/16/2014Everything about our dinner at Fleming's was wonderful. The atmosphere was lovely, the service was attentive and the food was prepared perfectly and delicious. I even got candles in my dessert. Upon checking out I received a gift card for a return visit. It was a perfect evening and the perfect place to spend my birthday with family.Special Features:
- Service1stTimerDined on 6/15/2014Our waiter, Joe was good and courteous. Flemings Fashion Point was out of the Prime Rib special and we had to ask Joe to ask his manager what she would subsctitute as the 3 course special since they were out. In our view, he should have had that information available when he described tonight's menu. Secondly, the molten chocolate cake was tasty, however the texture of the cake was pudding like as opposed to cake like. Frankly, Chili's Restaurant offers a metter option. Very Pleased with food and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FoodieDined on 6/15/2014Always great service. Have been here several times for birthdays and special occasions.Special Features:
- Another stellar dining experienceEEEEVIPDined on 6/8/2014Regardless of the 'dining compass point' traveled......everything about our dining experience Sunday was spectacular. Beginning with wonderful cocktails, superb appetizers, (the fried oysters were amazing!!) and incredibly well prepared-exquisite steak entrees all of which coupled with truly OUTSTNDING wait service (a very special thanks to a gracious & professional Lindsay S) made for a most enjoyable and memorable birthday celebration evening!!Special Features:
- SteakloverDined on 6/6/2014While the food is quite good, I was a little disappointed when, after being asked if it was my wife's birthday(which it was), there was no mention of it again from the restaurant for the remainder of the evening. In the past I thought that they brought out a little desert with a candle. Maybe they've cut back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it allLove2eatDined on 5/31/2014We sat outside for a wonderful birthday celebration! Beautiful evening and a very attentive server. Food was excellent! We will come back!!Special Features:
- Descent but should be better...TheBaronessVIPDined on 5/23/2014The service was great but I must say I was disappointed by the steak, over cooked and they seared it beyond recognition...tough and an odd cut for a ribeye....the asparagus was disappointing. I will probably go back at some point but not one of my favorites. But quick service which was attentive and I liked that. Great cocktail menuSpecial Features:
- The following 247 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Richmond reviews archive.
- Outstanding Mother's Day dinner!RichardDined on 5/11/2014Brought my wife, mother-in-law and son for Mother's Day dinner, and it was, without exaggeration, superb. The Ambience, food, service, careful attention to detail, the total package. Will definitely be a repeat customer. To be honest, I can't afford to eat there all the time, but, for this special occasion, it was worth every penny, including a generous tip to our server I had the filet mignon. WOW!!! Melts in your mouth. Not a wine person, but they paired the wine with the meat. The Merlot was perfect! Wife loved her filet (the special for the day). Mom loved her swordfish (they took time to take her dietary restrictions into account). Son loved his prime ribeye! 5 stars for a wonderful experience for the special people in my life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first anniversary dinnerluv2eatoutDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our first anniversary, and dinner at Fleming's Steakhouse was great, from the greeter's to the wait staff, everyone wanted to make the night special. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2014A nice place for a special night. Food is delicious. Service is wonderful. My only negative remark is that while I was trying to have a lovely evening, the TVs from the bar were visible throughout the entire restaurant. Puts the special atmosphere in the dining room down, especially if sports are on tv.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff & service, food averageJedammDined on 4/29/2014The service and staff at Flemings is outstanding but that should be expected for how much it cost. The host and the waiter were excellent. Some of the best service I ever had. You are looking at about spending about $200 for two people to eat there. I wish they did not charge for sides but I already knew that going in. The calamari is one of the best calamari I have ever had. The rest of the food was average. I had a rib eye topped with a crab meat sauce the steak was kind of average and so was the mashed potatoes. My girlfriend had a rib eye and a wedge salad. The cheese on her wedge salad was excellent but she and I agreed her steak was average. I think the steaks at Ruth Chris is a lot better and much worth the very very high price.
- A comment on DinnerdinerDined on 4/19/2014We decided to take our family out for a nice pre-Easter dinner. The prices had raised at least 10% since our last visit and the average steak was north of $50. Unfortunately, 2 of the 4 steaks that we ordered needed to be returned and cook more. This interrupted the meal. The staff was quite apologetic and they sent up home with some desserts on the house. Once it was cooked to the correct temperature the flavor was good. If you are going to charge $50+ / steak you really need to get it right the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good overall, great service.willdDined on 4/6/2014good overall, great service. one steak overdone from what was asked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not as good as normally.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2014Food was not as good as normally. I was really surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was oksusanDined on 4/4/2014lamb chops undercooked, pork belly over cooked, bt oysters just right. service was great though
- Effusive welcome, excellent serviceAnthomaniacVIPDined on 3/29/2014From the front door greeting, to the table staff, and throughout the meal, Fleming's welcomed us by name and gave us extraordinarily attentive service. This would've been surprising even on a slow night, but the place was jam-packed with other diners during our Saturday prime-time reservation. Apart from the noise level and being seated at a table rather than a booth, the evening was perfect. The wine service was helpful and prompt. Salad and carpaccio starters were very good, and all our steaks and sides were excellent. Glasses kept filled, waitstaff solicitous of further needs; overall, a delightful dining experience in line with the prices (almost $100 per person, including wine, tax & tip, no cocktails or dessert). We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining without commercialismJayJamaicaDined on 3/26/2014Flemings offers a exemplary staff and fine service that rivals many non chain resturants. In a highly competitive Richmond food market, Flemings has provided a great blue print for customer service and attention to detail that very few in the category can match. My hats off to the management team and staff for pulling this off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.