Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence
One West Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ri/providence
- Phone: 4015339000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)notable wine list (60)romantic (57)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Over hypedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014I have to say I was disappointed with the value of the restaurant. I would rate it well below The Capital Grill and Mortons as far as the "food for the money" goes.Special Features:
- Consistently outstandingsader1970Dined on 8/23/2014We have been to Flemings about 8-10 times over the years that it has been open in Providence. Our primary waiter this time was "William" who informed us he is normally based in Miami but I am glad he was on temporary assignment serving us. He was personable, friendly, knowledgeable and had just the right touch of being there without hovering. The food was outstanding. My wife had the Fleming salad, salmon and asparagus and raved about it. I had the petite fillet and loaded potato as well as the "new" wedge salad which was a little smaller than I recall the old one being but more than adequate and very tasty. The fillet was up to Flemings usual high standards. Consistency, mark of a champion.Special Features:
- localguyVIPDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed a filet and ribeye steak and both would melt in your mouth. Ours side dishes were good and the service was outstanding. We look forward to our next visit at Fleming's.Special Features:
- Best in Providence!IBChowinVIPDined on 8/16/2014There are several great restaurants in Providence, but nobody has the service that Fleming's offers. You are made to feel welcome from when you arrive until your departure. Best steak in town, better than that Capital chain and the service is much better than Capital. Outstanding wine list, almost too many selections. They have some great bottles of wine but also offer many good wines at reasonable prices. The steak is cooked to perfection. They offer other dinners including fish but I chose to order steak at a steakhouse. I can usually find something to complain about or that needs improving but I have no complaints about Fleming's. All I can say is OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Celebration SuccessCarGuyDined on 8/13/2014We just had another dinner at Flemings and again it was fantastic. Flemings is the place to go to celebrate that special day! We were greeted promptly, the service was fantastic and the food was spot on. Try the "ROASTED MUSHROOM RAVIOLI" Portobello and Shiitake mushrooms, Porcini butter sauce YUM!!! SWEET CHILE CALAMARI is the kids favorite.Special Features:
- enjoyable dinnersavvyDined on 8/9/2014we had a wonderful meal. food was delicious. couple of mix ups with cocktails and special request food. but overall good experience.Special Features:
- WonderfulmcgratkeDined on 8/2/2014It was a wonderful nite. It was my boyfriends birthday and we went there as it was attached to the Omni hotel. The staff called us by name and I told the hostess it was his birthday and he had a card for him. The dinner was great, the check came with a box of truffles and a $25 gift card! The manager came and spoke with us to thank us for coming and checking on how our meal was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalChrisVIPDined on 8/1/2014Once again, it must be noted that the food and service at the Providence Fleming's Restaurant are quite simply phenomenal. Every waitstaff person as well as the manager frequent tables to check on the diners' experience and satisfaction. It is always a celebration of enjoyment at Fleming's.Special Features:
- Great as usualJustbeinghonestDined on 7/26/2014Steaks cooked to perfection . It's very consistent here which is tough to find . Best carrot cake around just typing this makes me crave it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectiontlc1VIPDined on 7/20/2014All the food and service up to a par for enjoymentSpecial Features:
- Don't eat here!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014Overall bad experience. Waitress dropped food. Waiter didn't no menu special and even when we showed him what the menu said, he argued. He finally reluctantly agreed to honor menu, then charged me extra anyway. When we asked to see manager, she also tried to explain away the mistake. I finally flat out asked if she would just fix the bill and she blabbered on. I would never ever eat there again. Ever.
- Won't be back!BarbieDined on 7/19/2014this was our second visit, this time for restaurant week..disappointing, wont go back..rather go to Capitol grill..the bread was cold..didnt get our bread and water , had to ask..my husbands salad was so small..and no dressing to speak of..his lobster mac and cheese, must have had the lobster walk by the pan..none to be found..my steaks were ok..dessert was good ...waste of a dinner out..
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014This place is recommendable. The service was nice and flexible and met our excepctation at any time to our fullest content. the filet mingon was delicious. The price is upper-range, but the service is not uptight what it got our sympathySpecial Features:
- Great foodmattDined on 7/18/2014Terrible service (almost everything for every course came out wrong, had to wait 20 minutes to get menus??) followed by an entirely flippant attitude from the manager
- ryandDined on 7/18/2014Place looks great inside. Went for restaurant week to try it out. Great selection compared to other restaurants. Chowder however was excellent. Fillet mignons were average. We had 5 of them and they were all not cooked correctly. Creme Brule was excellent. Service was below average and not even close to most upscale places in the area. They could take a tip from Ruth Chris next door. We had to ask multiple times for a beer bottle of wine and bread. Generally when u get a bottle of wine the waitress would pour a drop to see if it's ok. Ours just poured in our glasses before sampling. I would recommend Ruth Chris and Capital Grille over this restaurant. Overall not bad just not as good as some of the other places right next door.Special Features:
- Had a great timeTryingnewthingsDined on 7/14/2014My girlfriend and I had a lovely dinner at Flemings on Monday night. The only reason for the 4 stars on the food was because my salmon was alittle under cooked. But the rest of the food was delicious!! The blond manager that walked around was great! Very accommodating. Overall we had a nice timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014I had my birthday dinner at Fleming's, I like the quiet atmosphere and the great food. The clam chowder was excellent and so are the steaks. We are a party of six and everyone enjoy their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014I usually go to this restaurant on special occasions. They always have picked up on why we were celebrating, and personalize the service. Thank God they don't sing happy birthday but they do recognize the celebrant with card etc. Perfect restaurant perfect nightSpecial Features:
- good food but high pricesAngeliaDined on 7/12/2014We visited Fleming's for Providence restaurant week. It was a good value for this visit. The food wss typical upscale steak house chain food. While well prepared, it was not outstanding. I would not go back to the restaurant for a night out at regular menu prices.
- One of the bestSheilaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Providence has so many wonderful restaurants but I most admit that Fleming's is one of my favorite. The service is outstanding, the menu selection is varied and the food is delicious. Dinning at Fleming's is always a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldnt recommend unless no choiceValentinoDined on 7/12/2014The mushroom ravioli was the best we have ever tasted!!!!! Not one of the four pieces of meat we had was cooked right (two plates of duo filet mignon)... all overcooked! My girlfriend's plate was cleared before I was done (a minute or two after) and my plate was cleared while still chewing on food. Didnt have time to finish my glass of wine (not even a sip after finish eating) that desert was on the table!... it felt like they were pushing us out and it wasnt even 8!! Overall, i wouldnt suggest this restaurant to anyone unless you dont have a choice and just wanna get something in your stomach... so many good restaurants to choose from in Providence!
- Nice EveningChrisDined on 7/12/2014We booked Fleming's because we were in the mood for a good steak, and it was Providence Restaurant Week, so it was more affordable for our budget. The service was fantastic, and the food was awesome too. We both had the filet mignon. I needed a no dairy option so they nicely substituted sauteed spinach for creamed spinach, and a baked potato for the mashed. Much appreciated! Our waiter was so nice about it.We would happily go back to Fleming's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WINE and foodterryf13Dined on 7/9/2014There are about 100 different wines on the "by the glass" list and they are a well chosen mix of the known and the obscure. The most experienced wine consumer will find something they have never tried. And the menu has enough variety to ensure that you can find well prepared food to go with your choices of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great service!FilmNFoodieGirlDined on 7/8/2014My friends and I had dinner at Flemings during restaurant week. We were staying in the Omni & wanted to eat in the hotel & didn't know we were going to be getting such a great deal. Between the three of us we tried the Caesar salad, Mushroom Ravioli, twin filet mignon's, lobster Mac & Cheese, V Creme Brûlée, Lava Cake, & Cheesecake. Every item was perfectly prepared and the service was flawless. We will return again the next time we are in town. This is a place not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again delightful!ChrisVIPDined on 7/7/2014We cannot say it enough times how consistently delicious and welcoming Fleming's of Providence is to its dining guests. Accommodations are always made so that dietary needs are met even during restaurant week when it is busier than usual. My husband and I are thrilled to be there due to the kindnesses of the entire waitstaff and manager. The filet mignon and the prime rib are truly "out of this world" especially when accompanied by the phenomenal onion rings, garlic potatoes and sautéed spinach. The walnut turtle pie is a chocolate lovers' dream!Special Features:
- StephDined on 7/6/2014The service was impeccable and the food was outstanding. Already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great dinnerKarenDined on 7/6/2014my Husband and I go to Flemings in Providence at least once a month. We love the food and the atmosphere. The help is exceptional as is the service.Special Features:
- Not the best mealBJacksonVIPDined on 7/4/2014Fleming's has always been my favorite steakhouse in Providence, however this last visit was very disappointing. I had the swordfish, it had an odd sauce on it and came with couscous. Overall it was okay, it was a very small portion and didn't have much flavor. It certainly was not worth $32. My husband ordered a sirloin steak, it was good. Just not a spectacular meal for the money, the bill came to around $160 with tip. We each had one drink and each ordered a side. The sides were mashed peppercorn parmesan potatoes and grilled asparagus, we enjoyed them both. There are too many great restaurants in the area to return to this one.
- Very priceyThejenVIPDined on 7/1/2014We split some special priced apps -- which were a good deal - but I feel that we really got cheated on our wine bill. We were at the bar & each had 2 "tall" pours of wine - which came out more than the price of the bottle - and staff did not attempt to give us the lower price. Expensive for what you getSpecial Features:
- Incompetent kitchenKm08Dined on 6/29/2014I ordered a filet medium. The first steak was so overdone that it looked and tasted like pot roast. They took that away and returned with a steak that was extremely rare. Couldn't eat it- left hungry. The kitchen staff can't get it right which explains why they had an empty dining room on a weekend night in June. They have an open kitchen concept and we could see the servers eating food. Valet parking is reduced to $9 if the restaurant validates your ticket. Save your money and go to one of the better steakhouses in Providence.Special Features:
- Unexpected!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014I took my son out for a special dinner, fully expecting to spend a lot on a great steak dinner. He told the waiter he wanted to start with the tuna tartar. The waiter (a really nice guy) said it was part of a three course special dinner, but he could order just the appetizer from that menu if he wished. We quickly decided to just order the three course deal. And WOW, for about $40 each we had the app. a serf and turf of petite filet (cooked perfect) and the best salmon I may have ever had. Plus a small desert. Great deal, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatdiningDined on 6/28/2014We had a very nice dinner and the food was delicious. We would definitely go again and recommend it to all of our friends. The only suggestion is from the street side, I would put signs up directing your guests. When we tried to find the place there were several other people outside trying to find the entrance. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Always the best!ChrisVIPDined on 6/12/2014There are no words for the Providence, RI Fleming's other than "consistently fantastic." That description applies to the ambiance, cleanliness, food, hosting staff/waitstaff, and management. Our most current experience again solidifies our feelings about dining here. Armani and his assistant, and as always Manager Rachel offered treatment that equates to a level of "royalty!" We leave each experience with a positive feeling as well as special memories of a delicious and satisfying evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemdacgalDined on 6/7/2014This was the first time my son and I had ever been to a Flemings, although my husband has been to others around the country. The food was fantastic. We had a wonderful bottle of wine from a vast selection of great wines. The French onion soup was phenomenal as was the chocolate desert and of course the Filet Mignon was fantastic. The garlic mashed potatoes were the best I ever had and the grilled asparagus was perfect. We will definitely be coming back and hopefully bringing friends and family. Love this place. So glad I tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super steak & wine pairingFoodCommandVIPDined on 6/6/2014We continue to return to Flemings because of the high level of service, perfectly cooked steak, and extensive wine cellar. Favorite in RI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak housetlc1VIPDined on 6/6/2014From wines to desert and steaks in between, a great relaxing place to enjoy good food at leisure. Great to have a thank you from a restaurant for dining as unexpected in todays world.Special Features:
- unbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014The best piece of meat I have ever had! I didnt know steak could taste sooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great dinneracwpvdVIPDined on 5/28/2014we enjoyed the food, the service and the atmosphere...Special Features:
- FIrst Time Won't be My LastDAVEDined on 5/25/2014At long last we got to dine at Fleming's in Providence RI. To say this was out of this world is an understatement. I have to say that the food was fantastic and the service was especially wonderful (thank you Stephanie). Last year we dined at Ruth Chris's in Providence, and IMHO Flemings out shines Ruth Chris's in all aspects of fine dining. Service was better and the steak I had was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Out!Goodnightout99VIPDined on 5/24/2014Once again we went to Flemings for a can't miss Saturday night out on the town. My wife had a craving for crab legs and we were off. The Prime rib was excellent and the experience another 10 out of 10.Special Features: