Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence
One West Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ri/providence
- Phone: (401) 533-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (48)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)great for lunch (3)Show More
- out of stock !!luvgoodfoodDined on 11/8/2014ran out of lobster at 6pm on a Saturday night did not stock Apple Pucker to make Apple MartiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner for two.PAGNDined on 11/2/2014We had been to another Fleming's steakhouse a few years ago in New England and were not too impressed. We decided to give our closest Fleming's a chance and we were very impressed. The food (baked brie, clam chowder, wet aged [since the restaurant was out of dry aged] ribeye and tenderloin) was excellent (the fries were a little dark but tasted good) paired with a Washington State Cabernet and service all were absolutely outstanding. We will certainly return to Fleming's Steakhouse in Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib valueHornblowerDined on 10/30/2014DW and I both had $29.95 prime rib special fantastic value. Third time we've gone for this. Included is choice of creative tasty salads, large piece of tender rib cooked as ordered, choice from full menu of delicious side and scrumptious dessert. Service timely but not intrusive, sound advice offered. Prime rib special offered from time to time - don't miss it. Even at regular Sunday #39.95 is a great meal at a good price. Very good selection of wine by the glass, $8.50 and up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediculously expensive.Nevergoback2014Dined on 10/25/2014The dining room was extremely loud. Steak was cold. Shrimp cocktail was on the menu as colossal, not even close and $18.50 for 4 small shrimp is rediculous. $220. for dinner!!!!! 2 people, 2 draft beers, 2 glasses of house wine.Special Features:
- BirgsVIPDined on 10/24/2014Deconstructed porterhouse special unavailable but waiter offered very suitable substitution. Nicely presented in a cast iron pan and served at the table, complete with delicious cauliflower and carrots as well as roasted potatoes. Definitely a good deal.Special Features:
- diningloverVIPDined on 10/21/2014service was inattentive and not professional. the waitress did not know any of the wines. we had to wait to find out that they didn't have one. they forgot one side but it took a while to tell them that as they didn't come by after the food was served. they also forgot to ask us what sauces and we had to wait to get those once we could get someones attention. meat was very good but expensive
- never a bad mealjmc1277Dined on 10/18/2014always return to flemings with my family and never had a bad meal! love the warmth and coziness of this placeSpecial Features:
- ConsistentChiefVIPDined on 10/16/2014Reliable menu replicated with great consistency and delivered with smooth serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lackedwelldoneDined on 10/10/2014Disappointed in a restaurant of this calibre and the service. Slow. When wedge came the lettuce was brown. No real reaction to our request to get it replaced. They replaced it with no quarrel but no words exchanged for an apology for it happening at all. Why bring it when it looks like that?
- awesomeeateateatDined on 9/27/2014One of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time - made us feel special but not awkward about it. Customers for life now.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014The steak/food is always great at Flemings. Sign up for their emails, we had a 3 course lobster/filet dinner for $44. Only offered if you mention the email...What a deal! Service was top notch!Special Features:
- BobDVIPDined on 9/27/2014Only negative is that it's outrageously expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!RIdinerVIPDined on 9/26/2014A great dining experience starts with great service and Flemings never disappoints me. The service from the time of arrival to the end of our meal was fantastic. The food as always was excellent and the overall experience left my wife and I talking for days. In Providence Flemings is a must for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014This was a very good time.The service of the staff was obove normal.Our server Matt was very good at what he does.Knowledgeable of the menu and wine list.I say this is good for special occasions(this was our anniversary)for the reason that I feel it was a little too pricey.One day we will return on another special occasions.Special Features:
- Wonderful!JEM13Dined on 9/19/2014Our experience at Flemmings was wonderful. Quiet booth. Attentive service. EXCELLENT food. What more can one ask for in a dining experience?!Special Features:
- Wine Pairing MealDougDined on 9/19/2014Wine was fantastic (Duckhorn). Food pairing was tasty. However, 4 out of the five entrees that came were either cold or warm. Did seem like the kitchen was prepared for a group of 20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OmiGirlDined on 9/13/2014I would especially like to comment on the wine list. It was exceptional! It was difficult to choose our favorite Cabernets as they were all listed. We finally agreed on the Round Pond and we were not disappointed. We would love to return but we live in NYC and Providence is a little out of the way or our romantic friday nights. Thanks for a fabulous weekend at the Omni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration at FlemingsDavyslockrDined on 9/4/2014Went to Fleming's to celebrate a birthday. I wanted a great steak and decided to try Fleming's for the first time. Well I was not disappointed. I had the best steak ever. Great ambiance-perfect for a steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place2bPlace2bDined on 9/1/2014Steaks were cooked perfect!!! Well seasoned,melt in your mouth cuts of beef. Serves was outstanding and very nice wine selection.. Highly recommend to any who loves a good steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice.RIdinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Flemings is by far my favorite restaurant in Providence. The food and service are exceptional, the wine list is notable and a trip to Flemings is always a memorable evening. There three course prime rib dinner is a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionChrisVIPDined on 8/30/2014Always and we hope forever, wonderful service and great food.Special Features:
- Long awaited diningPaceDined on 8/30/2014Bar is excellent. Good bar tenders, excellent service and the home made potato chips are excellent. Bread stinks, all with cheese and garlic. I like plain bread, French, Italian, etc. They have none, it's too much work according to waitress. Steak was over salted and needed to be sent back. Very thin for a rib eye. Bone-in is a joke because they cut it mostly away from the bone before cooking and it lost all the flavor. I did not appreciate the fruit fly frozen to the beer glass. Not properly cleaned and drained I would guess. Offered a gift certificate for another visit and refused it. Would not go back. Fruit flies are an indicator that the condiments are not properly kept. What else is wrong?????
- Terrible ServicedivivioDined on 8/28/2014This was our second visit. First time we thought both food and service great. This time food was great. But if service was any slower would still be there waiting for appetizer. And they combined glacial pace with arrogance. Will never return.
- Over hypedSteakloverVIPDined on 8/26/2014I have to say I was disappointed with the value of the restaurant. I would rate it well below The Capital Grill and Mortons as far as the "food for the money" goes.Special Features:
- Consistently outstandingsader1970Dined on 8/23/2014We have been to Flemings about 8-10 times over the years that it has been open in Providence. Our primary waiter this time was "William" who informed us he is normally based in Miami but I am glad he was on temporary assignment serving us. He was personable, friendly, knowledgeable and had just the right touch of being there without hovering. The food was outstanding. My wife had the Fleming salad, salmon and asparagus and raved about it. I had the petite fillet and loaded potato as well as the "new" wedge salad which was a little smaller than I recall the old one being but more than adequate and very tasty. The fillet was up to Flemings usual high standards. Consistency, mark of a champion.Special Features:
- localguyVIPDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed a filet and ribeye steak and both would melt in your mouth. Ours side dishes were good and the service was outstanding. We look forward to our next visit at Fleming's.Special Features:
- Best in Providence!IBChowinVIPDined on 8/16/2014There are several great restaurants in Providence, but nobody has the service that Fleming's offers. You are made to feel welcome from when you arrive until your departure. Best steak in town, better than that Capital chain and the service is much better than Capital. Outstanding wine list, almost too many selections. They have some great bottles of wine but also offer many good wines at reasonable prices. The steak is cooked to perfection. They offer other dinners including fish but I chose to order steak at a steakhouse. I can usually find something to complain about or that needs improving but I have no complaints about Fleming's. All I can say is OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Celebration SuccessCarGuyDined on 8/13/2014We just had another dinner at Flemings and again it was fantastic. Flemings is the place to go to celebrate that special day! We were greeted promptly, the service was fantastic and the food was spot on. Try the "ROASTED MUSHROOM RAVIOLI" Portobello and Shiitake mushrooms, Porcini butter sauce YUM!!! SWEET CHILE CALAMARI is the kids favorite.Special Features:
- enjoyable dinnersavvyDined on 8/9/2014we had a wonderful meal. food was delicious. couple of mix ups with cocktails and special request food. but overall good experience.Special Features:
- WonderfulmcgratkeDined on 8/2/2014It was a wonderful nite. It was my boyfriends birthday and we went there as it was attached to the Omni hotel. The staff called us by name and I told the hostess it was his birthday and he had a card for him. The dinner was great, the check came with a box of truffles and a $25 gift card! The manager came and spoke with us to thank us for coming and checking on how our meal was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalChrisVIPDined on 8/1/2014Once again, it must be noted that the food and service at the Providence Fleming's Restaurant are quite simply phenomenal. Every waitstaff person as well as the manager frequent tables to check on the diners' experience and satisfaction. It is always a celebration of enjoyment at Fleming's.Special Features:
- Great as usualJustbeinghonestDined on 7/26/2014Steaks cooked to perfection . It's very consistent here which is tough to find . Best carrot cake around just typing this makes me crave it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 356 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Providence reviews archive.
- Perfectiontlc1VIPDined on 7/20/2014All the food and service up to a par for enjoymentSpecial Features:
- Don't eat here!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014Overall bad experience. Waitress dropped food. Waiter didn't no menu special and even when we showed him what the menu said, he argued. He finally reluctantly agreed to honor menu, then charged me extra anyway. When we asked to see manager, she also tried to explain away the mistake. I finally flat out asked if she would just fix the bill and she blabbered on. I would never ever eat there again. Ever.
- Won't be back!BarbieDined on 7/19/2014this was our second visit, this time for restaurant week..disappointing, wont go back..rather go to Capitol grill..the bread was cold..didnt get our bread and water , had to ask..my husbands salad was so small..and no dressing to speak of..his lobster mac and cheese, must have had the lobster walk by the pan..none to be found..my steaks were ok..dessert was good ...waste of a dinner out..
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014This place is recommendable. The service was nice and flexible and met our excepctation at any time to our fullest content. the filet mingon was delicious. The price is upper-range, but the service is not uptight what it got our sympathySpecial Features:
- Great foodmattDined on 7/18/2014Terrible service (almost everything for every course came out wrong, had to wait 20 minutes to get menus??) followed by an entirely flippant attitude from the manager
- ryandDined on 7/18/2014Place looks great inside. Went for restaurant week to try it out. Great selection compared to other restaurants. Chowder however was excellent. Fillet mignons were average. We had 5 of them and they were all not cooked correctly. Creme Brule was excellent. Service was below average and not even close to most upscale places in the area. They could take a tip from Ruth Chris next door. We had to ask multiple times for a beer bottle of wine and bread. Generally when u get a bottle of wine the waitress would pour a drop to see if it's ok. Ours just poured in our glasses before sampling. I would recommend Ruth Chris and Capital Grille over this restaurant. Overall not bad just not as good as some of the other places right next door.Special Features:
- Had a great timeTryingnewthingsDined on 7/14/2014My girlfriend and I had a lovely dinner at Flemings on Monday night. The only reason for the 4 stars on the food was because my salmon was alittle under cooked. But the rest of the food was delicious!! The blond manager that walked around was great! Very accommodating. Overall we had a nice timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014I had my birthday dinner at Fleming's, I like the quiet atmosphere and the great food. The clam chowder was excellent and so are the steaks. We are a party of six and everyone enjoy their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.