Fleming's Steakhouse - Palo Alto
180 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94304Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/palo-alto
- Phone: 6503298457
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Palo Alto
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Palo Alto - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (8)hot spot (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great Place For Spacial OccasionJoeyCDined on 8/9/2014Ate here with my wife to celebrate 34th wedding anniversary. The staff was very welcoming and attentive from the moment we arrived, acknowledging our special occasion there. Our server, Sandra, was great and helped us with our food and wine selections. I had the dry aged rib eye steak. It was delicious. The dry aged give it a nuttier taste than a regular cut. It was cooked as I ordered it, medium rare. I would put this steak on par with the one I had at Ditka's restaurant in Chicago. The staff was attentive without being overbearing. The manager, Michael, was very nice. He came over to congratulate us on our anniversary and also gave us a little gift. All in all this was probably one of the best dining experiences we have had.Special Features:
- Fleming's SteakhouseGFOODVIPDined on 8/1/2014Fleming's Steakhouse is owned by the Outback Steakhouse. And frankly, the quality has declined over the years. The restaurant in Palo Alto moved from a nicer, larger location to a smaller place, and the quality declined as well. We ordered the crab cakes and they were o.k. We ordered a Ceaser salad and it was o.k. And we had their dry aged ribeyes which were just o.k. Fleming's used to be better in my opinion. At one time is was reaching the level of Ruth's Chris. Most of thei wines seem to be twist off bottles. Why they focus on twist off bottles is probably because their young staff can open it easier. They need a more expert staff and higher quality. The place tasted like the Outback, but with much higher prices.Special Features:
- Always niceTesuquwVIPDined on 7/10/2014Flemings always does a great job. I love the specials that they run such as burgers and fine wine. Wow! Can't miss hereSpecial Features:
- Impressed and Will Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014I went here on a Wednesday night and didn't expect much because of some of the hit or miss reviews and change in location, BUT i was utterly impressed!! The hostess greeted us perfectly and sat us own at a table. Then Sandra (our waiter) introduced herself and it was all great after that. The staff constantly checked in on us, food was great, and priced well. We ordered the bone in ribeye with a few sides. Highly recommend the creamed spinach and Fleming's potatoes. Overall the service was great, food was good, and I left with a great impression. Will be going back and are very satisfied. A special thanks to Samantha for the high five and coming around to ask how were we doing. :-)
- Birthday dinnerFoodieanne58Dined on 6/17/2014The staff was extremely helpful. They even served the cakes we brought. The dinners were very good. All al a carte. We felt it was a little expensive, but it was a special occasion. All in all a good experience.Special Features:
- Must try Summer menuBabalooVIPDined on 6/17/2014We had the 3 course summer menu for $40 and it was outstanding! We can hardly wait to return and order it again!
- MehtomgolferDined on 6/5/2014This was our 2nd trip to the 'new' Fleming's location at Stanford Shopping center. In a nutshell, we will go somewhere else when we want a prime steak. On our last visit the food was a disaster and the service was attentive. On this trip, we arrived on time but waited over 10 minutes to be seated in a restaurant that was perhaps 65% full. We then waited another 10 minutes for our waiter to appear. Our waiter was young and clearly inexperienced. We brought our own wine and endured another wait while he located a decanter. So we are 20+ minutes in with nothing ordered yet. Food was passable, but place is too hit or miss...at these prices it should be consistent in both service and food. No thanks.Special Features:
- Amazing dry aged steakwateredDownMojitosDined on 5/29/2014Steak alone will bring me back over and over againSpecial Features:
- Belated Mother's Day DinnerSFMomOf2VIPDined on 5/17/2014My family was looking forward to Fleming's for a belated Mother's Day dinner. The food was great as we expected. This is the first time our overall experience was "Fair," usually it's outstanding. Problem was our waitress did the minimum in terms of service. We had to flag her down a couple of times, once to get my husband's wine order (he asked for a few more minutes to decide, but she took away all the wine glasses, then was surprised when he wanted to order wine). When our dishes came, she didn't come and check on us for a long time. Our beverages were not refilled regularly either. She was polite, but didn't interact with us very much. I did tell a manager when we left that service was not up to our usual experience.Special Features:
- too much $$$ for the food we gotfoodieluvDined on 5/14/2014easily could have had the same $ (but 10xbetter) food at Alexanders - it was a disappointing fatty piece of filet - with a basic mac and cheese (not great) and basic fries....Special Features:
- attentiveLee7Dined on 5/14/2014good service, attentive wait staff. appreciate service manager coming by to say hello. wine selection was good. food,.. as always,.. cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay for Average dinnerOpenStudioVIPDined on 5/13/2014We had eaten here several times before and decided to try again as we had just arrived from the east coast. The service was excellent, the food was average, the ambience what you would expect at a steak house in a shopping mall. Parking was an issue with huge construction going on next door taking up a lot of parking spaces.
- Top notch servicegoldbloodedgrillerVIPDined on 5/11/2014Tried out the new Flemings for moms day. The restaurant looks good, much more space than the the old location. The food seems the same which was fine, the wine list is better, but the service has been taken to a very high level. Our server & the GM checked in on us often. they were very personable & accommodating. Truly VIP service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillDisappointedVIPDined on 5/11/2014Since moving to the new building Flemings has definitely declined in quality. It went from being a high end steak house to a high end local restaurant with high prices. Everything has declined, food, service, ambiance. It seems like a deliberate attempt by the restaurant to go "down market".
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014The bar servers are much better than the in house servers. The food was not good at all. The pork chop that I ordered was so tough and dry. The steak is under seasoned and cold. The managers was kind enough to comp the dessert and pork chop. The service was terrible in a sense that there was no one to help you pour your wine or even ask whether the food was good. I waited for 15-20 minutes just for my bill and plastic bag and cork to bring my wine home even though I ask two servers. It is just appalling for a place to charge so much and have service that is so not attentive. The saving grace was when I was at the bar. The servers were so attentive to come and pour my wine, ask me about my appetizers. He was kind to always fill my water.Special Features:
- The following 424 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Palo Alto reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/23/2014Very Corporate and Very Expensive. Service is attentive. Interior is attractive, but institutional. Food is good, but unexceptional.
- Excellent food but slowsteak4meDined on 4/7/2014It took an hour for our food to come out, for four people: one petit filet, two cowboy ribeye, and one burger. Food was great but the wait was ridiculous. It wasn't even that busy either, as it was already 8pm on a weeknight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 4/5/2014for the price it was not worth it. our steaks were overcooked and the sides were not very good at all.
- GREAT steak ! OINION RINGS 2 LUV !OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2014The server was very late to greet us & bring bread /water, .... but when she came, she apologized many times ... so that made up for it. Steak was GREAT ! I had a RIB EYE medium well and it was perfect ... wife had butterfly Fliet and that was good too ... ONION RINGS are really great and one of the best I had :) I have seen many average/low reviews for this place, but I liked it and will go again. Noise level is higher than other steak houses ... but it does not bother me.. They actually had a high energy music or something playing ... again , when the food is good, none of those bother me :) Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience vs expectationlittleoneDined on 3/9/2014Flemings came higly recommended as a great steakhouse. My disappointments started with the wine selection - we're out, followed by a side order - we're out! The prime rib dinner was highlighted by a great ceasar salad and followed by a very gristly overcooked piece of prime rib - and no creamed corn (we're out). Service was disappointing; had to remind our waitperson for a couple of items. Overall, the experience in Palo Alto was nothing like what my friend experienced at another Flemings. I would not recommend nor return to this establishment.
- STEAKS NOT "GREAT." TOO EXPENSIVE.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/8/2014STEAKS NOT "GREAT." TOO EXPENSIVE. TERRIBLE WINE LIST. MISSED THE SALAD DRESSING.PROBABLY WILL NOT RETURN…….SORRY PS: "ENERGETIC" = TOO NOISEY
- Bday celebrationShygnomeDined on 2/16/2014Went to Flemings to celebrate my moms birthday. It was quite a treat. I had the pepper steak with green beans which was tasty. For dessert we shared the lava cake and a slice of carrot cake. Though I'm known for being a chocolate fiend I would have to say I enjoyed the carrot cake the best. To quote the server it's how a carrot cake should be made. DeliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought the family to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Brought the family to dine for dinner on Valentine's Day. Got there early and went to the bar to wait until reservation time, did not receive attention from bar tender. The waiter taking our order did not get our order right. My son ordered a medium + cooked filet and the steark was nearly rare. The waiter only checked on us 1 time during dinner. I understand that it was Valentine's Day but for the price we paid for dinner I felt that we should have received a better quality of service. I did not enjoy my dinner since I was turned off and disappointed by the service from the moment I walked in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningJamesDined on 2/14/2014The food was perfect and the staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummycatsiVIPDined on 2/5/2014The steak and sides were awesome and the service was very good.Special Features:
- Nice experience!FoodMavenDined on 2/4/2014We arrived early and were seated, although right next to the kitchen. Moving to a booth was not an issue (+). Our servers were right on top of everything (water, bread, menu, etc.) - great service. It was my husband's birthday and he received a card and box of truffles (nice touch). A couple of small irritations: my steak had a section of tough sinew right in the middle of the piece, so I don't think it was trimmed properly. Also, at the end of the meal, the table was not "swept" for crumbs - not a big deal, but considering the atmosphere, I would think this is a standard practice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closest thing to NYC …BigNightVIPDined on 1/31/2014Look, it ain't like a venerable NY steakhouse, but it's pretty close. Give it a 7 on a 10 scale for food and service. If you want the best steak, and we did, it would be good, not great, but this isn't NY or Kansas City. They do a nice job on cooking and made my teenage son and I feel very happy. We ate steaks, lobster and more. They are light on the single malt scotches, however. Wine was okay, not bada-bing. Waiter was great and the ambiance was exciting… considering it is here in the 'burbs. I'd go back. Compare this to Sundance and you might get confused as they are both good steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatfoodie324VIPDined on 1/24/2014We had a nice time. The food was good. service good. But way overpriced for what we got. Would not go back for a long time.
- Good food and serviceMaggie14Dined on 1/8/2014We took my mother in law with us and she can be very hard to deal with; picky eater, walker, hard of hearing... She enjoyed a delicious swordfish while the rest of us had wonderful filet and caesar salad. Extensive wine list and very good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sloppy ServicePrimeRibLoverDined on 1/1/2014We were greeted promptly by the server but he neglected to offer the iPad wine list. What's the point of having a digital wine list if your server just ignores it and took it away before we had a chance to look at it? Long wait between courses and no beverage refills. We will return for another try and hope for a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location at Stanford MallOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/1/2014New location at Stanford Mall and like the changes-open floor with sectioned rooms, muted colors and indirect lighting, quieter. Food excellent as before and special pricing for holidays made it even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is overpriced andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/1/2014The food is overpriced and poorly prepared. The cavernous setting feels more like a cafeteria than a high quality restaurant. The service was marginal - inattentive wait-staff who mouthed rote greetings. I will not return.
- Happy NowDonnaVIPDined on 12/31/2013The noise level in the new location is still moderate but not like the former location at Stanford. Also I am so happy that the grilled mushrooms do not have portabella mushrooms anymore, but just those smaller more tasty 'shrooms. Always a great meal and fun evening. Pricy, but worth it for a special evening.Special Features:
- BirthdayCoachVIPDined on 12/29/2013Went for repeat performance and, again, food and service outstanding. Brian outstanding as GM.Special Features:
- PerfectionladyonthelakeDined on 12/27/2013We were seated in a lovely booth, as requested. Our waiter Angel was both professional and personable, a perfect combination. When I had trouble deciding on a wine for my meal, Angel took it upon himself to bring me two tastings of what he thought would be ideal pairings. The food was very good, the service was even better.Special Features:
- AmazingmariaDined on 12/21/2013This restaurant is the best for steaks !!!!!Words are not enough to describe how good it is.The service is perfect.Ambience is cozy and vibrant.Desserts are just as amazing as the entrees!!!I highly recommend !!!!A little bit expensive but its worth!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerNettyDined on 12/10/2013I took my mother to Flemmings to celebrate her birthday. Our server Rick was AMAZING! He was very attentive, and met all our requests. The food was delicious! When dessert came around of course my moms dessert came with a candle, that was to be expected. But a few minutes later Rick came to the table with a signed birthday card and a box of Flemmings chocolate truffles. My mom was very happy and so was I. Rick and Flemmings made my mom feel very special on her day. For all that it was well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average restaurant. Good for groupsadventerousfoodieVIPDined on 12/3/2013Took someone out for a birthday dinner here on a weeknight. The recent remodel is beautiful and brings the restaurant up to current times. Noticed an outdoor patio area which would be perfect during warmer weather months. Food was pretty much the same, as expected from Flemings. Good steak, decadent sides, desserts, and an enticing wine list/cocktail menu. Service was pretty spotty. Our server seemed to be overwhelmed and we kept getting pawned off on an alternate server. This seemed pretty unprofessional, if the server assigned to a section was busy, perhaps another server should be assigned. Left a poor taste in our mouths overall.Special Features:
- rough evening for FlemingsChilmarkDined on 12/3/2013We were seated 35 minutes past our reservation time. The free appetizer offered nicely as compensation for the delay was deep fried lobster tails which had minimal taste. My steak was undercooked despite being sent back once. I declined to send it back a second time and ate it as served. The meat was very tasty however. The management was very attentive and apologetic that they did not meet their own standards regarding my steak and did not charge me for it.
- Don't get their prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/17/2013I know it's a steak house, but you'd think their prime rib would be good especially since that's their special on a Sunday! Dry dry dry! Sundance Steakhouse is way better!Special Features: