Fleming's Steakhouse - Newport Beach
455 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/newport-beach
- Phone: 9497209633
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Newport Beach
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)notable wine list (72)fit for foodies (54)romantic (47)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (41)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (25)great for brunch (15)late-night find (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- DisappointedKaroDined on 9/20/2014We have been to Flemings before and have loved it. Saturday was different. we got to our 6:30 reservation on time, waited a half hour. got to table and waited 20 minutes for even anyone to greet us. ordered drinks and another 20 minutes went by. We actually sat 40 minutes before we placed our order! it seemed rushed and we didn't get that special feeling Flemings usually offers, we were really disappointed; the food was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Love the FoodDinemasterDined on 9/13/2014Flemings in Newport Beach is vibrant to say the least. Our 6:00p.m. Saturday dinner reservation was an absolute must. The Restaurant was packed from the time we arrived until we left 2 hours later. We had a party of 8 and that made conversation difficult because this is a large restaurant and the noise level is high. That being said the service and the food was outstanding. Side orders are shareable and served family style. Fleming potatoes and the Lobster mac and cheese are both unique to this restaurant and delicious. This a a steak house and my filet was cooked to perfection. My wife had halibut and it was moist, tender, and she described it as the best she had ever had! We will be back.Special Features:
- Carnivores DelightetnfoolVIPDined on 9/7/2014We ate here for my wife's 65th birthday with another couple. The location (inside the parking lot of the shopping mall) and inside ambiance are somewhat lacking for a restaurant in this price range. However, with this said, the rest of our experience was exceptional. From the hostess, to our waiter, to the food, everything was top tier. Each of us ordered something different (prime rib, porcine rubbed filet mignon, peppercorn steak, and ribeye). Each order was prepared exactly as ordered and everyone agreed it was the best steak we've had in Southern California. To top the evening off, after we had paid our check, the waiter brought a small box of Fleming's chocolate truffles for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfiedluv2eatDined on 9/5/2014Went for the food and got the same great service as last time. Our server was Michelle but it seemed like we had 5 servers from all the attention our table had. I have recommended this place and will still continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fashion Island FlemingsTheMacsDined on 9/5/2014The steak was beautifully cooked. The lamb was nice. The carrot cake was delish-no carrots-which was welcomed, but it was plenty moist from the pineapple! We enjoyed! Thank you Amadeo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014We've been here before for happy hour and thought we'd come back for our 15th anniversary. We had looked at Mortons but they didn't have a kids menu and we wanted the them there. I'm glad we landed here. The wait staff was excellent and Xavier did a great job of coming by and saying hello to the kids (8 and 10) which they loved. They really felt like part of the experience. The food was great and the souffle was worth waiting for. Great job Flemmings!Special Features:
- WineloverwineloverVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great prime rib special for Sunday dinner. All the food was delicious, and Jimmy gave us excellent service. They also have a nice Sunday brunch with a drink/bloody mary cart. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayTakeMyAdviceVIPDined on 8/31/2014Prime rib tastes better the next day. Au jus is packaged and very salty. Other dipping sauces not good.
- OUTSTANDING!!REGJGDined on 8/29/2014This was our second visit to the Newport Beach Fleming's. Although our previous waiter Ken wasn't off we another fabulous waiter named Amadeus. Excellent service, food beyond excellent. We were celebrating our friends 75th birthday and she had a GREAT time. We will definitely make another trip to this location. We also tried the LA live location food was ok, service the same just not as friendly, attentive. Newport Beach location the BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House in Orange CountyJohnDined on 8/26/2014From the moment we arrived to the moment we left everything was amazing. Ribeye & Filet steaks were prepared prefectly. The Flemings Potatoes are great (cream, jalapenos and cheddar cheese). We're not big wine drinkers but the waiteress was great and recommended a nice sweet wine (Jam Jar). The entire staff was very friendly and wished us a Happy Anniversary. On our way out, we got to meet one of the Chefs (Mark) who told me he'd let us pick our our own steaks next time we come in and even the valet was one of the most nicest people you'll ever meet. We've been to many upscale restaurants and by far this was our best experience. Thank you Fleming for making our day so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicoleDined on 8/26/2014Small and cramp. Seats are too close to the other tables. Also too close to the kitchen. Must have the chocolate lava cake. It's to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?pistonVIPDined on 8/25/2014Been going to Flemings since it opened at the Newport Center location. How sad that this restaurant has falling into the same trap as all restaurants today: Food portion sizes have been reduced and the prices have risen. My table was shocked how small the side portions were and many went without sides. What a shame.
- Nice but busyCupcakkDined on 8/24/2014Food was good. Somewhat disappointed with the fatty piece of prime rib I got. We usually go to El Segundo and tried Newport. My expectations might have been higher for this location. Was too busy and loud. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good serviceregularcustomerVIPDined on 8/24/2014This location has been consistent with the food and service, but stingy with the salad dressing. The wedge salad is great but you have to ask for extra blue cheese dressing every time. The service is also good and has remained consistent. We will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineoutqueenDined on 8/23/2014As usual Fleming,s steaks are the BEST! The filet mignon almost melts in your mouth. The pepper steak was juicy and their F17 sauce is DELICIOUS! The only down side to this place is that it is so NOISY that you just cant have a decent conversation on your table .The service was excellent as usual. I gave 4 stars only because of the high noise level.May be next time we will visit later in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT WORTH THE EXPENSEwcubedDined on 8/22/2014A disappointing dining experience. Servers made us feel rushed, and the food was only so-so. The menu was not adequately specific (e.g., creamed corn had a cheese topping, and I can't stand cheese)
- not just a chainJVTOutToEatDined on 8/22/2014I hesitate to try out restaurants that have multiple locations on the idea that they won't be creative, the standards won't be kept up, etc. But Flemings is none of that. An Amazing restaurant with wonderful food from start to finish. Even the halibut special was better than I expected (11 on a scale from 1 to 10 :)). I could go on about the food but don't let anything (except maybe the $$) stop you from trying this wonderful placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming RestaurantShamsDined on 8/17/2014I wish they had a different table arrangements. We sat very close to kitchen and I did not like it. We ordered chocolate lava cake for desert from the menu and they didn't have it. one reason that I picked Fleming was having that desert so I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- not the samebusinesstravelerDined on 8/17/2014maybe it was a sunday evening, maybe it was just tourist season, but something didn't feel the same old Fleming's to us the last time we visited. they still do a great job with a steak, and everything on the menu is way above average. honestly, compared to the top-end steakhouses, they are reasonably priced. i just don't feel like their wine list is current, and the menu is not that exciting. there are a lot more children and casually-dressed patrons, which isn't the atmosphere i expect since i make Fleming's a special occasion restaurant. realize that you will be spending $100/person and you can get a prime steak of equal quality around town if you look for it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What We HopedSoCalGalDined on 8/17/2014Our first visit to Fleming's, for a special occasion, was disappointing. Arriving early, we waited in the bar but were left standing, ignored amid numerous dirty tables, for about 15 minutes. Politely asking the bartender for a drink and someone to clear the tables, my husband earned an exasperated look and begrudging service. In the dining room, we were seated near the noisy kitchen. Our server seemed harried and, with my 3rd request for an iced tea, she apologized that they were just too busy (Sunday, 8 PM) to offer better service. On the plus side, our dinners were delicious and the Sunday prime rib special is a great deal. Still, overall this was a pricey meal that missed the mark and we won't be returning to Fleming's.Special Features:
- Sent back steakBlondieshanDined on 8/16/2014My steak was well done, my husbands was rare, we both ordered medium. Both were sent back. Come on this is a steak house all u do is cook steak all day every day I expect moreSpecial Features:
- Dependable ExcellenceJeffDined on 8/14/2014Fleming's has always been a favorite for special events, as well as business dinners. The food is consistently excellent...from the appetizers through desert, and the service is attentive and friendly. I prefer to be towards the back of the restaurant, because it is the only place that is reasonably quiet (perhaps this can be requested at the time of reservations? I will try next time) and avoids the traffic that be somewhat obtrusive. It is a bit pricey, as many upscale steakhouses are, but there is some solace in knowing you will always get a great meal...and if something isn't just right, Fleming's will make it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryGVIPDined on 8/11/2014We love going to this Flemings. The service and food are extraordinary. Christina, the General Menegr, always stops by to chat and check on us. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014The food was spot on, our server was a little slow. Whether she was just slow or had way too many tables I don't know, but I would have expected service to be a bit more spot on for a 50+ dollar steak. Overall the meat was cooked perfectly and I would come back. Delicious! Wish they served grass fed beef though.Special Features:
- heatherTDined on 8/9/2014We have been dining Flemings for several years on a regular basis and have never been disappointed. This time the food did not meet our expectations. The shrimp appetizer, the shrimp was not fresh. Three of the four steaks we ordered were not cooked properly and in addition did not meet the quality standards that we are used to. The rib-eye was chewy and not as flavorful as usual. It is disappointing that we had this experience as we normally really enjoy Flemings.Special Features:
- Attention to service!!LieselVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had an impromptu date night and decided on Flemings as we wants to goanu times. Heirloom Tomatoes with Burrata was fabulous. My lamb unfortunately was well instead of medium. I was hesitant to say anything but when the manager checked on us, we did note and show him a piece. Immediately he asked for another order and took that AND my husband's dish (which was cooked perfectly) off the bill! Such a great service gesture. Many others won't do even half of that, let alone something in addition to the item. We will certainly be back - the food was cry good and attention to our table fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentBigVDined on 8/6/2014Fleming's in Newport Beach delivers very good food and excellent service in an upscale atmosphere. The ambiance at Fleming's is wonderful. Service is outstanding too!Special Features:
- good steak housesection89Dined on 8/2/2014was thrilled that brie in pastry was on menu! and my daughter loves a restaurant with bernaise sauce. this was exactly what we were in the mood for and the steak was good and the salads were also delicious. our server was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakDRgrimDined on 8/1/2014ok service, didnt know the menu , was disappointing
- Parents Night Out.hblocalDined on 7/31/2014We really enjoyed our night out to dinner. The server was very helpful with suggestions about drinks and side dishes. We will definitely go back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in townKimbokDined on 7/29/2014Staff work as a team. Management with finger on the pulse. Fantastic meal. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They got a triple v a homerunJCintheOCVIPDined on 7/28/2014Service was the key to our very good experience. We came in for the 3 course special; found the restaurant at 7:30 packed on a Monday! They had 2 specials going, one a prime rib and the other a salmon and filet combo - the entrees were perfect. The appetizer on the combo was an avocado and ahi salad, but unfortunately the ahi was no longer sushi grade because they were prepared in advance and the citric acid from lemon had chemically cooked it. The main course arrived a few minutes before we had finished our appetizers - but they took it away and everything came back a few minutes later still hot, cooked perfectly, and quite impressive. Overall a very good experience - a tweak here or there and it would be a homerun!
- Prime rib surprise - not a good oneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014Shrimp cockatail good, Salads great, one entree Ribeye/Scallops was great, Prime Rib special not so good - smoked prime rib? Boooo. Desert good. Service by Ken saved it.
- ConsistentsomethingnewDined on 7/26/2014Consistently good. Food is classic and tasty, and service is impeccable. After several years of having to control costs and maintain prices in order to maintain business, we have seen prices at most restaurants starting to rise in response to a meager increase in disposable income. Drinks in particular seem to be markedly beyond value; alcohol, wine and beer are trying to establish unique/up-scale branding, and restaurants and bars exaggerate the differentiating price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings Wine CellarluvbeefVIPDined on 7/26/2014We've never dined in the wine bar, but what a pleasant surprise in this small quieter room, often reserved for private parties. The regular dining room is sometimes very noisy especially if there are more than 2 or 4 people. The burrata cheese, tomato and beet salad was delicious. We usually get the bone-in rib eye, but the bone in New York was excellent. The service attentive...impeccable!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DOC1DOC1VIPDined on 7/20/2014WE HAD A BIRTHDAY BRUNCH. NOT A LARGE SELECTION, BUT SOME GOOD VARIETY. THE RICOTTA PANCAKES WERE GREAT AS WAS THE LOBSTER TEMPURA. DELICIOUS HOMEMADE BISCUITS. WOULD RETURN AGAIN.Special Features:
- Really DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014This used to be a great place to dine, get a great meal, superb service, etc. We recently ate there and we won't be going back. Ever since the ownership change the experience has been declining, but our last visit was the worst. The server was slow, inattentive, and not very pleasant. The food was mediocre at best, poorly prepared, and the presentation was comparable to a local deli. My wife ordered crab legs. They were delivered on a salad plate, just tossed onto it. There was zero presentation, no garnish, not another item on the plate. It would have taken an extra $.50 and 10 seconds to dress that plate up to make it presentable.
- HappyDined on 7/19/2014Our table reservation did not become available, so offered another table, which was very loud in the middle of servers and traffic from back of restaurant. Been to this restaurant many times, and will come back, the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VersaceVIPDined on 7/16/2014Its one of our fav local restaurant. Food is always served hot and yum. Love their cream corn and the fried onion rings tower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Had the Filet Mignon, one of the best Iv'e ever had. Husband had the fish and said it was a little over cooked.Special Features: