Fleming's Steakhouse - Memphis
6245 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119Neighborhood:
East-Bartlett / Collierville / Germantown
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Memphis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/tn/memphis
- Phone: 9017616200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Memphis
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Memphis - Best Restaurants in East-Bartlett / Collierville / Germantown ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Memphis reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)notable wine list (26)romantic (20)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Quick PickSteakofChoiceDined on 10/15/2014great for a quick mid-week pick to celebrate just about anythingSpecial Features:
- Must dine hereFineDinningDined on 10/11/2014One of the best steak houses in the city. Better than any of the run of the mill restaurants. The steak was superb. The service was personal and superb! Mature crowd.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/11/2014Service was very good. Food was good, but we're perturbed that the pork belly appetizer wasn't taken off the check even though we let them know it was awful. Guess we learned what type of operation Fleming's Steakhouse is, huh?Special Features:
- a bit offLuvStoneCrabsVIPDined on 9/28/2014We dine quite a lot here and this was just not the night. The salads were overdressed, the meat overcooked, and the crème brulee old.Special Features:
- I love it!!!SlimDined on 9/27/2014It was my wife's Bday, and we had friends coming in from St. Louis and I wanted a place that goes above and beyond the call of duty and this was the place. My friends were impressed!!! The food was excellent. So now they're looking for Flemings in the St. Louis area!! It wasn't my first time here, but this is the place I choose when I want exellence, and to our server Elizabeth, your the best. I want you every time we're there. We will see you soon! Repeat customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service2ndChanceDined on 9/26/2014The food was pretty good at best. However, the service was simply impeccable. During my last visit to a Fleming's in another city/state, the service was certainly less than ideal. Nevertheless, this experience was completely opposite! The server at the Memphis location was spectacular! She was very attentive and friendly with an awesome attitude. The food was served in a timely manner and she anticipated our every need! This visit to Fleming's Steakhouse was superb!Special Features:
- terrific prime ribLuvStoneCrabsVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had Sunday night supper here and enjoyed a great cut of Prime Rib, with salad, side dish and dessert. We had enough leftovers for a meal. Service was the usual competency you expect from Flemings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 9/12/2014Service was good. Other Memphis restaurants have better food and price. Dining in open room, ambience was not there. Probably will not return or recommend.Special Features:
- Great night!!Harri73aVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great dinner. First time here and Elizabeth our waitress was amazing! Had their filet special. Awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedGlamosDined on 8/30/2014My steak was burnt, very over cooked and Fleming's remedy was to give me a gift card for next time, what about this time. I wanted a quality steak, not something I could get at I hop late at night.
- Consistent ExcellencePaulVIPDined on 8/29/2014Fleming's manages to provide the best prime steaks, sides, salads and deserts on a regular basis. The wine list is truly extensive and provides 100 wines by the glass. Last night we were greeting at the door, seated quickly and enjoyed some delicious bread while waiting for our wine to be decanted. I had the chop salad and got the kitchen to 'chip' up the large piece of bleu cheese. My filet was cooked a perfect medium rare and accompanied by my requested bernaise sauce. Some sautéed mushroom topped my meal. Delicious and more than enough food. We saw some friends and stopped by the bar for a night cap and left very happy.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!GregandKimDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant ALWAYS consistently awesome.... the food and the dessert are some of the best in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 29th anniversary for us.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014My wife and I had a great time. Steaks were awesome and the sides were great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelsGonetothelakeDined on 8/21/2014Very light crowd but very loud. With a very expensive dinner you expect a quieter dining experience. There should be a way to solve this problem. Others I know feel much the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib dinnerAnnieDined on 8/18/2014The prime rib dinner special was a great value. The food was delicious and the portions generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Superb ServiceGreatNightDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I had a wonderful date night. The steaks were tender and cooked perfectly and the service impeccable!Special Features:
- Try the small plates tooLuvStoneCrabsVIPDined on 8/8/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the Tuna and the sliced tenderloin on the small plates. Both were delicious and the accompaniments very tastySpecial Features:
- nicknameVIPDined on 8/3/2014We went for the Sunday prime rib special for my wife's birthday in response to an email from Flemings. There were not very many patrons at the restaurant, but our server told us they were out of prime rib. Perhaps they were busier prior to our arrival and had served an unusually large number of their special but we were disappointed nevertheless. They offered us a six ounce filet for the price of the special so all was not lost. Monday we went to the Mesquite Chop House and had a great prime rib for my wife's second birthday dinner.Special Features:
- My Favorite PlacePryor5DinesFineDined on 8/1/2014Flemings over the last several years has become my favorite steakhouse. The hospitality, service, menu, happy hour specials, wine list, and superior quality of their food ranks it as a truly world class place. It is pricey, but when you what the aforementioned list to be spectacular- without fail- Fleming's is your place. I typically get the dry aged strip steak which is always perfectly cooked (per request- I prefer medium). The wedge salad is great, as is all of the starters I've tried (massive shrimp cocktail & pan crisped pork belly). The desert menu puts everything over the top.Special Features:
- Lovely night outswd01Dined on 7/22/2014Had a great meal with my wife. The selection is good. It would be nice if there were at least one vegetarian option for her, but it is a steakhouse after all. Fillet was cooked perfectly, had great flavor, and was very tender. The stuffed shrimp were the surprise star of the meal for me. The carrot cake was excellent as well.Special Features:
- SuziBDined on 6/28/2014My husbands steak was good, the scallops were disappointing, sides just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 257 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Memphis reviews archive.
- skabootchVIPDined on 6/26/2014The service at this Fleming's was noteworthy. We worked with at least four servers, al of whom were friendly and knowledgeable. My brother was particularly impressed with the crab legs, saying they were some of the best he'd had. a lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful Again!GregandKimDined on 6/25/2014Service is always impeccable! (and by far the BEST in Memphis)!!!!!!Special Features:
- On The Spot For DiningDannieDined on 6/19/2014Me and my wife had dinner there, and everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDelta78Dined on 6/15/2014We had been to Flemings numerous times, and enjoyed the food, service and overall experience so much that we were sure brunch would be grand. It was not. The bread was inconsistent; some rolls were soft and tasty while others were hard and crispy. The losber bisque was just flavored water with over cooked lobster. (Can't even describe the flavor.) The prime rib was good, but the side of potatoes was so hard some of it was not eatable. The veggies were just bland with very poor presentation. I hope this experience was just a brunch issue, but I won't be returning anytime soon as I'm afraid of a repeat.Special Features:
- Awesome!!SlimDined on 6/14/2014The best experience I've had, hands down. It's clean the atmosphere and food is great, the waiters have full knowledge of what's on the menu, the food is cooked exactly how you want it. I just can't say enough about it, it's my favorite place..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back . . . .foodieDined on 6/11/2014when we strike it rich! My husband and I chose from the small plates and side dishes, which was actually plenty. We loved the service, ambience, the food selections and preparation. My only nit would be that the risotto was a little too crispy. Also, they have an excellent wine list. It was my birthday and the waitperson brought some chocolates! We'll try to make it back for another special occasion before our ship comes in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousegstuartDined on 6/10/2014As always, wonderful. We also loved the "Wine Pad" that paired wines with our meals and allowed us to email ourselves info on our wines.Special Features:
- Service confusingMemphisdebDined on 6/7/2014We ordered a bottle of water and the waiter who brought it left it on the table and did not pour it. Then the same guy came back and took our menus before we ordered. The food is always good, but the service was not excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing everything.blasconbeasleyDined on 5/31/2014Amazing service. Amazing food. Amazing employees. Amazing atmosphere. Loved it.Special Features:
- SteaksOkydokyDined on 5/30/2014Seasoned press grilled steaks very tasty! Service was on the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, really expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014Service was excellent (Amanda) and the steak was perfectly cooked and high quality. I know beef prices are up, but I dropped $190 for dinner for 2 with NO alcohol. Ouch. Good place for a business dinner or special occasion, but I can't afford to go there regularly, and I'm in the top tax bracket.
- Very good, but not greatregularguyDined on 5/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and the food was very good, but it wasn't excellent. The shrimp on the shrimp cocktail were not "gargantuan" as the menu claimed, and they were not as fresh (kind of squishy, if you will) as you would expect for almost $20. The filet came out quite under-cooked the first time, although they did make it right the second time (and offered a free dessert to boot) and it had a nice flavor and texture, but just didn't overwhelm us. I will say the onion rings were perhaps the best we have ever had and were even very good warmed up the next day - a pretty tough feat to accomplish. All in all, we thought the experience was very nice, but it didn't quite the reach the level that they are charging for.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinnerluv2sampleDined on 5/24/2014I can not say enough about how wonderful the food, service, and atmosphere was. We were welcomed by every employee who made eye contact. The portions were filling and properly priced. They all went above and beyond to ensure our anniversary dinner was extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding mealSuziinTNVIPDined on 5/22/2014This is a fabulous restaurant, and you won't find a better steak in town. The martinis are great, the salads are all good, the sides are big enough to share with 2-4 people, and the filet was one of the best I have ever had. You are presented with an iPad for their wine list, and the application is quite good. They have LOTS of wine by the glass too. I have never had enough room to have dessert, though. Beware, the prices are high ... but you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Love it here!!GregandKimDined on 5/19/2014We dine out quite often and honestly can't beat the food or the service that Fleming's offers..... they simply are one of the best Memphis has to offer...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome yet againAwesomeDined on 5/12/2014As many times as we have been there, the staff is awesome and the food is just unbelievable. Fleming's is by far the best dinning I have ever had the pleasure to eat at.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service!DivanikVIPDined on 5/3/2014Fleming's never disappoints! My husband and I frequently choose this restaurant to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionCaliboyinmemphisDined on 5/3/2014Took my wife out for her birthday, the service was fantastic and everyone was very friendly. The food was excellent, our steaks were cooked just right and had plenty of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesome experience!GastronomeANDLushDined on 5/2/2014My favorite steakhouse with the most spirited cocktails, hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.