Fleming's Steakhouse - Madison
750 N Midvale Blvd
Madison, WI 53705Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Madison
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/wi/madison
- Phone: 6082339550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Madison
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Fleming's Steakhouse - Madison - Best Restaurants in Madison ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Madison reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)notable wine list (12)romantic (9)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great dinnerSurfwazeechaDined on 8/30/2014We had a great dinner here. Everything was very good. Loved the filet, garlic mashed potatoes, crab cakes, grilled asparagus, lava cake, and berries and cream. Ashley was extremely helpful on ordering questions. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingSuperDNPVIPDined on 8/30/2014I'll start with the positive. Service was great. The Caesar salad and the loaded potato were delicious. The steaks.....not so much. I ordered the petite filet which was dry and had not real taste. It was cooked perfectly (medium rare) but sadly had no flavor. I took 2 bites and gave the rest to my boyfriend. We also ordered sautéed mushrooms, most of which were charred so much they were inedible. The 4 or 5 that weren't charred were delicious. My boyfriend ordered the ribeye - also tasteless but not as dry. Overall a very disappointing experience from a restaurant which such a high rating on Open Table.
- Pretty AwesomeLynnHDined on 7/25/2014We decided to take a mini-getaway for the weekend. Decided to go to Flemings as we've been to the one in IN before~ Our waitress (Teresa) was VERY friendly and even though we made menu changes, etc she never made us feel like it was a problem and/or was very accommodating. Another excellent rating would be for my Ribeye! I usually get the filet and it is very good too, but the Ribeye was the BEST I've ever eaten! Complaints; the creamed spinach was not creamy, nothing special; restaurant too loud (not sure what you can do about that) and the music was not appropriate. Jazz, rat pack, or just softer music would be much better. The new pop sound doesn't work for this type of crowd. Probably would go elsewhere next time due to these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKChurchLadyDined on 7/25/2014The food was excellent, but very expensive. Although I don't mind paying more for a meal that is over the top, the service did not match the food. Greeting upon arrival was welcoming, and the woman that seated us was friendly but the woman at the reservation desk looked bored and uninterested. Service was slow and waitress talked way too much. We waiting forever for our bill. Not sure I would return.
- A lovely evening, not quite 5 starjpearlDined on 7/16/2014We had a lovely leisurely dinner for two, sharing an outstanding Caesar salad and a great bottle of wine. We were a little disappointed by the New York strip steaks; they were very good, but at that price there should be that "wow" reaction when you bite into it. I also always resent the a la carte sides--they are big enough to share (two of us couldn't finish the fries) but what if you don't want the same side dish as your dining companion? Leftover steak travels home well; leftover fries or spinach, not so much. At these prices, they should just include a small side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectlovetoeatVIPDined on 7/7/2014Everything from food to service was great... the only downside was the cost which was a bit out of line. $15 for a glass of wine for a brand that you can buy for $19 at the local liquor store. Other than cost, it was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Great sunday night specialTheWiseBardDined on 7/6/2014I took advantage of a 29.95 prime rib special, consisting of a fresh and nicely composed signature salad, a large, medium rare slab of well prepared prime rib, a large and delicious baked potato (a consistent winner at Flemings), and a superb warm chocolate lava dessert. The prime rib, served with several dipping sauces, was not as fich in beefy flavor as I might have hoped, but that is often true of prime rib compared to the best steaks. Service was excellent and friendly and not at all precious or pretentious (occasionally a problem here). All in all, a terrific meal for the price. When specials are not available, I find Flemings rather pricey for this community and given the very good, but not extraordinary quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy but goodBlu1078Dined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day. The food was alright, soup had been luke warm so had to get another, but for the price of the steaks they were just alright. Loved the fact that the kids menu had baked options and not fried. But our sever Theresa was amazing!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/12/2014Fsbulous! We were especially pleased to find a gluten free menu.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experience!marypoppinsDined on 5/30/2014The food was excellent! The service was great, and the ambience was perfect. I would recommend Fleming's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dlh22Dined on 5/28/2014Had a very enjoyable family dinner late one evening after our daughter's 8th grade graduation......though arriving late in the evening, we were never made to feel rushed throughout our dining experience. Service was efficient and very pleasant. Food was great. Waitress topped the evening off with a box of truffles for our graduate! Nice touch for our special occasion......Special Features:
- The following 114 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Madison reviews archive.
- Local great...National chainBarbaraJDined on 4/24/2014I've eaten at this Fleming's several times. I like to introduce new folks to this restaurant because it is so CONSISTENTLY great. It's okay to just order a "small plate" and maybe a salad and be happy with the price and the smaller portion. I love that option, and so do my women friends. If you are with someone who wants a great steak or who is definitely a wine connoisseur, this will definitely impress them! Most of all, I never feel rushed or treated as if I didn't " spend enough." I will continue to frequent this Fleming's, not just for the wonderful food, but for the attention given by all the wait staff and manager!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although service is great,dinerDined on 4/12/2014Although service is great, many different staff, continually and unrelentingly, approach asking a question. Ultimately it is intrusive for those who want a quiet dinner with spouse or otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent wine, service & most foodMarzipanDined on 4/6/2014Three of us enjoyed our dinners in a pleasant booth near a window and far enough from the bar for audible conversation -- all as requested and appreciated. Beef selections and some sides very good...but the $9.95 baked potato...even with the trimmings...is flat out over-priced. Mediocre Caesar salad. Delicious French onion soup, Fleming's house salad and the best ever lava cake. Prime rib and steak perfectly prepared. Would be nice to have a bit more daylight on early spring & summer evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for fine diningDiscerningdinerDined on 4/3/2014This place wants to be fine dining but the blaring music really takes away from the experience. Overpriced compared to other fine dining in the area.
- Great Food & Excellent ServiceTRAESDined on 3/26/2014The food is always great at Flemmings albeit quite pricey. But the outstanding service is really the hallmark of this restaurant. The staff and servers are very knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. We've only dined there twice but the service is consistent and excellently executed.Special Features:
- Great againGregDined on 3/23/2014We returned to Fleming's for another delightful experience while celebrating my wife's birthday. The service was first class. Our food was outstanding, just as it has been on prior times there. The wine list, though a little overpriced, is extensive. The iPad use enhanced the ability to find a great bottle that paired well and was quite delicious. The portions are large, the steaks cooked to perfection. We skipped any appetizers or desserts and left quite sated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Excellent food and service. A good place to go for special occasions, but a bit priceySpecial Features:
- All around excellent.Glenn4foodDined on 2/27/2014Went with a group of four for dinner. Pricey, yes, but reliably cooked to order, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, knowledgeable waitAnniversairesDined on 2/22/2014Excellent, knowledgeable wait staff. Interesting, well prepared, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always great. SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2014Food is always great. Steaks always cooked to perfection and the Flemings potatoes and creamed corn can't be beat. Most recently went for Valentines Day. Very nice 3 course special, although the lobster tail was over-cooked and too rubbery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday EventtkbaveryDined on 11/11/2013For a Monday night - the place was not busy, so we got more attention, but not to much. Meal was paced just right. For a business dinner, it did not become an event. Food was good, everyone enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- Excellent food . . . BUTStanVIPDined on 11/10/2013Food selection and wines are all excellent, however we had a drink in the bar while waiting for a table, one domestic beer and a diet coke = $10.25, in my opinion WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY TASTY SIDE DISHES. THEOLIVERDined on 11/7/2013VERY TASTY SIDE DISHES. THE less expensive strips of steak were only fair and the side potatos were barely edible.Special Features:
- Food was very good; hostessThebulbDined on 11/2/2013Food was very good; hostess was not the best (we asked a question and got silence); prices are quite high for Madison.Special Features:
- excellent dining experiencemochadave1Dined on 11/1/2013all of my Fleming's dining experiences have never disappointed. Madison , WI @ Midvale location was no different. environment is energetic but not too loud, food was outstanding as usual, service was as well.Special Features:
- Excellent in all ways.NYStripperDined on 11/1/2013One of Madison's finest restaurants. From the moment the door is opened for you, and until you grab a mint as you leave, everything is done with class and excellence. Great ambience, food, service, wine and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSapphireDined on 10/19/2013Both the New York Strip & Ribeye had that "aged" taste...and not the good aged beef taste. Vegetables were soggy as they were swimming in oil.
- Well worth the moneyJonHDined on 10/18/2013The food was exquisite, and we enjoyed great service. The best steak I have had in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Onion allergy was handled poorlyCalliDined on 10/15/2013Everything tasted great and my husband ordered the same thing as he had on our last visit (the tenderloin special). My husband has an onion allergy and was told that the stuffed shrimp was fine (no onion). Yet on our last visit they had to prepare it separately for him, so we suspect this was the cause of his onion exposure this time. He suffered that evening and all of the next day thus our server, Holly, must not have gotten the right answer from the chef. He was careful to avoid the bread, as we were told that had onion in it. This will indeed make us more cautious on our next visit. As this was in celebration of my husband's birthday, it forced us to cancel a family birthday celebration the following day. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!BarbiQDined on 10/12/2013Everything was great! The steaks were delicious. It was pricey, but the excellent food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably WonderfulcmclienDined on 10/12/2013As always, one of very favorite places to eat in Madison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyQuietDined on 9/26/2013Too noisy trying to be hip with a young crowd who can't afford to eat there anyway. Small plates are a great addition but miss the shoe string potatoes!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, serviceHollyVIPDined on 9/21/2013Great atmosphere, service and food. Extensive wine list, presented on an I-pad. Very relaxing and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings- againGregDined on 8/23/2013My second visit to Fleming's- Fabulous food, great wine list!, and wonderful service. Again, a great meal with a great fusion of flavors, great presentation, and attention to detail. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AnniversaryBaconguyDined on 8/21/2013Went for anniversary. Service and attention were fantastic. Great wine list, but maybe a bit over priced. Food was great. We both had salads to start and then steaks which were cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met expectations.DiningconnVIPDined on 8/18/2013In Madison for a couple of days. I use my "local" Fleming's in Texas and this location did a great job. On my radar if I get back to this pleasant city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2013Can't say I was disappointed or wowed by Flemings. Just very average to slightly below for an upscale steak house. Service was very good as expected; but place was almost empty at 730 on a Wednesday. Steaks were ok - I've enjoyed significantly better food at comparable chains like Capitol Grille, Ruth's, Mortons, etc. and at similar prices. For the $ I'd go elsewhere.
- Great food, high priceeddieDined on 7/28/2013We went for the Sunday night prime rib prix fixe dinner and it was more food than expected. Wine and coffee prices really drove up the bill.Special Features:
- For a special occasionjpearlDined on 7/16/2013If you want a good steakhouse and are prepared for the prices (and relatively few options for non-steak eaters), you can't really go wrong here. The Caesar salad was the best I've ever had (we shared it and the kitchen did plate it for two); steaks are large (I took home half of the NY Strip); service was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. The only thing I don't like at Fleming's and other high-end steak places is the a la carte sides -- they are easily big enough for 2-3 people, but what if you don't like the same side dishes? Would it kill them to throw in a baked potato or small side of vegetable along side a $46 steak?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.