Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
800 West Olympic Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/los-angeles
- Phone: 2137459911
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)notable wine list (53)romantic (40)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (34)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (15)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Business DinnerPickyTravelerVIPDined on 8/27/2014I entertained business associates at the downtown LA Flemings and found it perfect for the occasion. The food is excellent as usual, and the clientele is plenty eclectic to provide ancillary entertainment. Great wine list with some hard-to-find bottles. The steak was better than other recent nearby tries downtown (no names to be mentioned here).Special Features:
- Great Service!BrooksVIPDined on 8/26/2014The server was fantastic! The flow and timing of the evening was just right, conversations weren't interrupted yet the ordering was timely. Our water glasses were filled promptly and the each of the staff engaged well with the group. Thank you!Special Features:
- Emmy Night OuttheqmandiDined on 8/25/2014We made advanced reservations for four people the restaurant due to it being Emmy Awards night. The Manager called me direct to offer us a "heads up" on traffic and parking options, which I really appreciated. Once there, we were seated upon arrival. We began the meal with my favorite appetizer, the Seafood Tower. We ordered steaks, Salmon and we all shared our favorite side dish, which is the Lobster Mac N Cheese. Completed the meal with Crème Brulee. Our waiter was very personable and visited the table just enough to make sure we were having a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice...CosmocalDined on 8/25/2014Crabcakes were great, swordfish good but slightly on dry side, prime rib was a disappointment--small with strange texture, filet mignon was very good. Dishes on which the meals were served were like cafeteria plates--small and generic--it basically made the meal look bad, but the food was quite good. Service was a little stern at first, but warmed up afterwards. Overall, a nice meal, but not sure if we will return unless there is a good deal.Special Features:
- Deliciouslex2228Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have celebrated our anniversary at Flemings for a few years now and they never let us down. The food is outrageously delicious and the staff is clean, professional and extremely friendly. We will continue to dine at Flemings and look for more opportunities to enjoy dinner or lunch with their great staff and GREAT food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent. We did feel rushed and were in and out of there in an hour. Numerous staff kept coming by within the hour to check on us etc. It got a bit annoying not to be able to spend some quality time with your spouse without all the interruptions from staff. The food was tops, but for 150.00 an hour there should be some peace. We have been to Flemmings in Beverly Hills a year ago and loved it. that's why we tried this one.Special Features:
- Week night bday celebPinkgirl21Dined on 8/21/2014Staff are friendly and very attentive. We dined in the wine room and it was quiet and private . Minimal noise from the outside. I loved the attention given to my group. Will come back ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayshabbaDined on 8/14/2014Fabulous, but everyones food was great but my prime rib eye was a bit charred on top.... mash potatoes a bit dry.. other than that fabulous.Special Features:
- More than just a steakhouse!FatGirlSlimVIPDined on 7/31/2014Flemings was more than I expected! I dined at the bar instead of being seated at a table and was impressed with my bartender Gretchen. She was hip and looked like she was someone cool to strike up a conversation with. I asked for suggestions and she genuinely recommended a drink and food that I could tell she actually tried and liked herself. We chatted throughout the entire hour+ that I was there. The sliced filet mignon small plate was the bomb, I subbed mashed potatoes for the risotto. What really set it off were small dots of siracha-like chilli sauce that was on the plate. So juicy fillet+garlic mashed+siracha chilli sauce+a stiff drink and a cool bartender= IM GOING BACK FOR HAPPY HOUR SOON....Special Features:
- Date Night2CrFerrariDined on 7/25/2014Great place for a date or a nice dinner with a special friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot On Once AgainRB36VIPDined on 7/25/2014Flemings has been one of my favorite places to go for special occasions. Haven't been here since late last year and it was even better than I remembered. Service was great, food was incredible, cocktails were even better. Always enjoy spending a special evening with Flemings.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2014was disappointed this visit, food quality is dropping, don't think i'll be back
- YummyYummyDined on 7/21/2014Food was great as always, employees made you feel like a regular even on the first visit. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Stays on TargetOnyxDined on 7/18/2014LA Live Fleming' on the small side but that didn't detract from the delicious food and great service. This is the 3rd location I have tried and I would return for another special night out. Wish I had known sooner about the "Speakeasy" night as I would have loved to participate in what looked like an enjoyable even maybe next time.Special Features:
- PSILoveFoodVIPDined on 7/18/2014Awesome steak house! Great service! Great food! Great location!Special Features:
- foodcostamichDined on 7/15/2014Mu filet mignon was over cooked as I asked for it medium, the salmon was dry and the short cake was salty. Went for a friend's bday, she asked for her steak med rare and was slightly over cooked. The sides were good, but for the price and it being a steak house, the steak should be cooked perfectly every time.
- Good but not great!Luvfinedining1Dined on 7/12/2014We've been to a lot of fine steakhouses and this one is ok. The service wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Usually its expected to exemplary service at a fine restaurant but Flemings always seems to fall a little short. We were entertaining clients, as it was their request to go there but as they noticed for themselves the service was just not there. However I must mention that the night we were there a woman was choking and the manager stepped in as the lady was choking. He came over as smooth as can be and without hesitation performed the Heimlich Maneuver. I was impressed by calm approach as not many people in the restaurant even knew what was going on. He was pretty remarkable!Special Features:
- Perfection!Chardnay8Dined on 7/11/2014Made a reservation on Open Table, and when we hit a lot of traffic and realized we would be late, Open Table app let me change the reservation to a half hour later allowing us to arrive on time. I had a perfectly medium cooked rib eye topped with poached lobster, béarnaise and caviar. My daughter had the petite filet, which she talked about all weekend. She said she didn't even need the steak knife because it was so tender, she could cut it with a fork. I would highly recommend Flemings.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!WhiteRose90VIPDined on 7/5/2014The steaks were superbly cooked exactly according to preference and all appetisers and sides we had were very good too. The wine list was extensive and included some very good wines. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Consistently yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/30/2014Had dinner here a few times. Food and service is wonderful every time!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food & ServiceBigfishVIPDined on 6/28/2014The Flemings at LA Live serves fabulous food and has wonderful service. My daughter and I had a wonderful dinner celebrating a special occasion. The service was great and the food was perfectly prepared. Our waiter Jeff recommended a fabulous wine to go with our dinner which was delicious. The steaks were perfectly cooked and seasoned and the filet melted in your mouth. I would heartily recommend eating at Flemings.Special Features:
- Always ImpressedDowntownerVIPDined on 6/21/2014I hate it's location, but am ALWAYS guaranteed a perfect filet mignon, top quality glass of wine, and fun service from the bartender. She's friendly and makes you feel like you're a regular.Special Features:
- Superb ExperienceChristyVoltronVIPDined on 6/20/2014We dined here for our monthly "dinner date". From the warm greeting at the door to some excellent service by Raquel we had a wonderful evening. The wine selection is spectacular and meets all budgets. The steaks were deliciously cooked and precisely as we ordered. We had the lobster mac and cheese (at Raquel's suggestion) and it was out of this world. They constantly refilled our water glasses and gave us as much yummy bread as we could eat. We also appreciated the quiet ambiance. So many restaurants these days are hip and trendy and also extremely noisy. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The steak was amazing! !ParisgirlDined on 6/18/2014We went to celebrate my son's 11th birthday and the service was very good. They brought my son a box of lovely chocolates as a gift for his birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGpieDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed Flemings very much. Our prime rib was excellent. The service was the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DishesMrsMora415Dined on 6/15/2014everything was fabulous except our glasses of water had lipstick stains, vegetable dirt stuck on the inside and dirty utencils. terrible for a 4 star restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kings Win The Cup!wb2liuDined on 6/13/2014Figured if the game went into OT, it would be safe to make 10:00 reservations. Showed up exactly at 10:00 and they were ready for me with a table for 4. Steak, Champagne and another Stanley Cup. Thank you, Flemings!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly and Disrespectful PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2014Went there for the first time, took a peek at the reviews and the photos before I went, ordered steak, chicken, two salalds, french fries and a bottle of wine. The steak and chicken was good, the salad size was very small to the point it looked like a side salad which was $10, and the freis tasted like it was fried three times in the oil and covered by lots of salt. The waitress was very ennoying with high tone of voice, when we complained, she was giving excuses like she cared so much about us and she asked us if everything was alright but she did not do that after the food came out. She brought her manager over whom was even worse, she did not ask what was wrong, she did not know how to be respectful to customers, she said "do you not.
- Poor service overshadowed the foodMattDined on 6/12/2014Service was extremely poor given that they weren't busy. Bread and butter didn't appear until 15 minutes after we sat down. Our server, who professed to be knowledgeable about wine, proceeded to serve white wine in a red wine glass (despite the availability of white wine glasses in view). The mushroom ravioli appetizer was fantastic, but after we finished, our plates and silverware were taken away never to be seen again even though the bread remained. The petite filet was correctly cooked to specification as were my partner's scallops, but both took twenty minutes to come out after the appetizer had been cleared. It took an additional twenty minutes to get our check after we'd finished. We'll be going to the Palm instead from now on.
- JRamJRamDined on 6/2/2014This was my second time at Fleming's but different location. The food was outstanding as was the service. Our steaks were huge and cooked perfectly to order. Will definately keep returning for special occasions.Special Features:
- First time hereTomLDined on 5/17/2014The food was great. The service was excellent. This was the best steak I've ever had in a restaurant. I've been to several high-end steak houses and this by far has been the best I've been to. Not to quote Arnold but, "I'll be back!"Special Features:
- WonderfulHubbyBirthdayVIPDined on 5/11/2014We really enjoyed celebrating my husbands birthday there. It was just the 2 of us. The service was Great! The food was Great! The timing of when they served everything was Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS IN MY TOP 5MSLYNNSWORLDDined on 5/11/2014Flemings LA Live is the BEST! One of my FAV spots! The crew is always GREAT! Joel the Manager always comes around and checks on you and the servers are superb! This visit was for Mother's Day Brunch with my mom and it was out of site! See you guys soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night...watermanDined on 5/10/2014Food was great....service was excellent. ..prices a little steep and no parking...but we had a great night...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Clipper Food&WineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Food is always excellent and staff is usually spot on. Came with a group before Clipper game and waiter forgot one of our steaks. Had to wait 10 minutes while everyone else ate. Restaurant did the right think and took the second steak off the bill. Because of their willingness to make things right, i will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 559 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - LA reviews archive.
- Exceptional food and managerPreciousVIPDined on 5/3/2014We were celebrating a birthday and we are very picky when it comes to steak and this establishment did not dissapoint. The dry aged rib eye was very tasty. The fried calamari and crabcakes appetizers were delicious and I'm very particular about those dishes as well. Lava cake is a must have and creme brulee was good. Our server was just ok but the manager was really the one that made our night. He personally came over to chat with us and gave the birthday girl an extra gift in addition to the chocolate truffles. She loved the gift and had a wonderful birthday dinner here! I've ate at the Flemings in Boston in the past and was dissapointed with the quality of the meat but this location has good quality food and excellent cooks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Cable ShowSteveDined on 5/1/2014Went here on May 1 and had a great filet which was done to perfectionSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food!!FirstFoodieDined on 4/25/2014The BEST, most sinful Mac & Cheese ever created! My filet mignon was so tender. The waiters are very nice and answer all your questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/23/2014Lunch was great, as was service. Never disappointed going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in town!BluffHeightsVIPDined on 4/20/2014This is my go to restaurant for great steaks and GREAT service! Never disappointed! The restaurant is close to all the hit spots if the LA scene....very vibrant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.