Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
800 West Olympic Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/los-angeles
- Phone: (213) 745-9911
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)notable wine list (55)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (47)romantic (41)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great Steak as UsualkinophileDined on 11/17/2014Ordered the bone-in NY Strip, cooked and seasoned to perfection. Great service and nice hosting work by the staff who were able to accommodate and hold my reservation (despite my being 30 min late, who knew there was also a Hunger Games premier at LA Live that night?) and still seat me right away. Nice work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not good, a common problem at FlemingsBogieDined on 11/17/2014Food was good; service was not. This is a consistent problem at Flemings. You never know what you are going to get and this is a real problem when you are paying a lot of money for a steak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014My family loves to eat steak and we frequent steak houses quite often but I have to say that Flemings remains one of my favorite restaurants. For one, they have wonderful service, the blue-cheese mash potatoes are out of this world and I love the ambiance not feeling to stuffy. On our last visit to the LA Live location we had Samantha as our waitress and she was so great and attentive. Management was very friendly and took the time to visit tables to greet guests. I've only seen that kind of service once before at my other favorite spot The Ranch in Anaheim and I must say it makes a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!BluffHeightsVIPDined on 11/13/2014The best steaks in town and a great price! Attentive staff, steaks and cocktails crafted to perfection. Close to Stars center, Nokia theatre and the Grammy Museum for before or after game or program activities. My favorite steakhouse in LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but not AmazingNessajVIPDined on 11/7/2014Took my wife out after work using a $50 AMEX gift card we received in the mail. Note: My wife and I did not eat any steak, keep that in mind when reading food critique. For appetizer we had the raw beef carpaccio, which actually was the best part of the meal, and I highly recommend. The rest of Fleming's food was also great, but not amazing. Scottish salmon was moist, and melt in your mouth, but sauce detracted by being overly salty. Pork chop was huge, and maintained great texture/moisture, but sauce was boring and lacked depth of flavor to compliment the pork. Service was impeccable, and is one of the highlights I enjoy of fine dining. Our server was knowledgeable even of the non-steak items. His drink recommendations were great alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!DiscretionarypalletteVIPDined on 11/1/2014We went to dinner at Flemings prior to taking in a show at Nokia. We got there relatively early and we were seated immediately. We ordered cocktails and relaxed while we decided what to order. Bruce our waiter made a few recommendations and we decided on the bone in New York, medium rare and the lobster tempura. With a side of mashed potatoes and Caesar salad. All superb! We were not pushed to finish our meal and by the time we got ready to go, the place was jam packed. If you go, ask to be served by Bruce. However everyone working there was very nice to us!Special Features:
- justxjessVIPDined on 10/31/2014Was unexpectedly impressed. Haven't been in a while and my fiance did not enjoy the food the last time he went. We ordered the dry aged steak (which not many restaurants serve), so we were pretty excited. Sides: creamed corn, sauteed mushrooms, mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious! The service was friendly and on par. The ambiance was great. Our table was in the separate side room and there was plenty of room. Overall just a good experience - will definitely be going back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre Laker game dinnerNolasorkDined on 10/31/2014Very good steak, lobster mac was delish, wine list was nice but pretty pricey compared to retails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a wonderful dinnereastbaydinersDined on 10/31/2014Of course Flemings is very expensive, perhaps a tad overpriced, but it's Flemings and it's in the LA Live area. Let's just get that out of the way. Except for the bread (which was meh - although the butter and cheese spreads were GOOD), the food was VERY good. Cesar & Heirloom salads were both fresh & tasty. Newport filet & lobster tempura were both excellent. And, on the recommendation of the waiter, we had the carrot cake (instead of our usual chocolate or creme brûlée) and it was DEVINE. The wine was quite good and very reasonable ($40 bottle). Our waiter & his assistants were very attentive. We were attending a concert at Nokia and we would DEFINITELY go to Flemings again if we go to another concert in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/29/2014Went for my boyfriend's birthday. Had a great time. Steaks were perfect. Service was remarkable. They charged my card twice without letting me know. Spent time clearing it with my bank first, then the restaurant. About an hour of my time spent on something avoidable. Manager was professional and explained what happened.Special Features:
- FlemingsPabokDined on 10/25/2014Great food, great location. Too pricy for everyday. Really enjoyed it for special night out. Pretty loud for table talk!Special Features:
- Great steak007travelerDined on 10/25/2014This is a place my whole family enjoys. However it's great with friends too. A lot of business people go out in groups here as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!jojomaniDined on 10/25/2014Went here for my wife's birthday. They immediately greeted her. Everyone who helped us told her happy birthday. Food was excellent. Mac and cheese was cold, but they warmed out and took it off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Lunch MenukumikoVIPDined on 10/24/2014The Lunch is outstanding. Love the Filet... Porcini crusted!Special Features:
- Amazing food as alwaysxoxopriDined on 10/19/2014Dined here to celebrate a family member's birthday and had a wonderful time. Our server was very amusing, he definitely made our night more enjoyable with his sense of humor! I am currently pregnant and to my surprise, the server knew exactly what I could/could not eat on the menu which was very helpful. The food and service at Flemings is always top tier, we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining before Lakers gamesmamacassie48Dined on 10/19/2014We decided to eat at Flemings before the Lakers game. Have eaten there before. Had a salad and it was fine. No big deal. But the steak was very very tender and well seasoned and presented. Delicious. My friend had the scallops. We chose a nice wine to go with dinner and had the chocolate turtle pie for dessert. It was fabulous. The Lakers came from behind and won, so the evening was a total success!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll certainly go to Flemings again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Experience!!!Yendor4FoodDined on 10/18/2014Worst experience I have had at Fleming's. The service was less than I expected. The food was not delivered within a reasonable time and not prepared very well. Appetizers were not delivered before dinner. I did not enjoy having to wait and not being informed as to why.
- Awesome foodDeliciousDined on 10/15/2014The lobster mash potatoe was evenly! Expensive but so worth it!Special Features:
- Fleming's @ LA Livetrojandan71Dined on 10/11/2014The Mrs. and I went to Fleming's for our 17th Anninversary on October 11, 2014. The overall experience was great. The staff was friendly and made us feel welcome from when we checked in to when we left the restaurant. The food was delicious and the portions were right on target. The steak was delicious and the Chocolate Lava Cake was very good. I recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or a night out on the town.Special Features:
- Busy sat nightLadinerDined on 10/10/2014We had a visitor come from abroad and they liked steak so we decided to go to flemings. The food was for the most part good, but for my guest the filet that was supposed to be cooked medium well was overcooked. The service was not so great maybe because it was sat night so there were a lot of tables and people. The manager was nice by offering to fix the overcooked steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodhariDined on 10/6/2014the best steak since a long time, it was a rip eye steak, medium, very good wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/6/2014This restaurant is so amazing! The lobster mash potatoes is a must try and the chicken entrée was so tender and moist. DELICIOUS! I was thoroughly satisfied with all the items on the menu I tried. Definitely a restaurant for special occasions or if you want all your taste buds to jump for joy. Such an amazing atmosphere and great friendly service. I will definitely be paying them a visit in the near future. SUPERB!Special Features:
- Best Place to eat before an eventRudiselVIPDined on 10/5/2014We have frequented Fleming's a lot in the past, but this was the first visit to the Downtown Restaurant. We had great service and the food was outstanding. I would recommend it before and event or game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Excellent servicelalaDined on 10/5/2014We came here on a Sunday and ordered the Prime Rib Special for $39.95, and this included a salad, side, prime rib, and dessert! This is a great value for so many courses and the portions are generous too. Our server was very pleasant. It was my husband's birthday, so they even gave him a box of truffles to take home.!Special Features:
- Great way to spend an eveningIlovefoodDined on 10/4/2014Ambiance was terrific. Server was thoughtful courteous and quite entertaining. As a person who loves food,I was in food heaven Started off with cocktails and Lobster Tampura. Then had Caesar salad,Ny steak medium rare. Flemmings unbelievable house potatoes, creamed spinach and both red and white wine. For dessert the server recommended the chocolate lava cake and the carrot cake. Mmmmm good to both. The servers name was Alex, be sure you ask for him. Wonderful way to start the night before the Elton John concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightGlennVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was excellent, service was impeccable. Restaurant manager was gracious enough to pour our first glass of wine.Special Features:
- steak without sizzleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Third time at Flemings. Its a very nice restaurant with quality food. But it lacks any "pop" there is nothing special about Flemings in my eyes that separates it from the Mortons, Ruth's Chris or Mastros. But its definitely a safe bet to take a client or date. Just don't expect to be wow'd in anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful and overpricedRumpoleVIPDined on 9/23/2014What a disappointment! We live Downtown and hadn't been here in a while. Upon arrival, we were asked if we wanted a booth. We did. We were the seated at a booth next to the bar. It was so loud that the server had a hard time hearing us. I ordered a Caesar salad. While it tasted ok, the portion size was the smallest I have ever seen at a steak house @ more than $10. I ordered the Prime bone in rib eye, medium which was offered at a premium price. It was served rare. Hard to imagine that they couldn't get that right on a very slow evening. They then reheated my steak. Ouch. This was not a premium steak house experience. We will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was very nice and the service was great. We started with the pig belly, it was good. We ordered the bone in rib eye (medium) and bone in NY steak (med well) and it was perfect. We paired it with mash potatoes, chipotle mac n cheese, and green beans, note the side portions are big enough to share so we did overdo it on sides since the steaks size were very nice. Also located in a great part of LA (LA Live) with plenty of night fun to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love Fleming'sToniDined on 9/19/2014Our anniversary dinner at Fleming's was wonderful! The food was incredible. The steak was so tender as to be criminal! The lobster was awesome. Our server was great, attending to our every need. After dinner, we were presented with a great gift from the restaurant. I can't wait to return and would highly recommend it for any special occasion!Special Features:
- Always a great meal!2martinisDined on 9/19/2014Flemings is my favorite restaurant at LA Live. Food and service are excellent. Took my granddaughters this time prior to a concert. The 10 year old who loves potatoes declared that they were the best mashed potatoes she's ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!BluffHeightsVIPDined on 9/14/2014My go to for great steaks. Great service as well. Very attentive without being over welcoming. Drinks are perfectly crafted as well..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Our waiter Alex was great and the food was incredible!Special Features:
- A "go to" steak placeJoJoDined on 9/6/2014Sure it's a corporate eatery, but if you want a fine dining experience and great steak, this place is as good as any in LASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Administrative lunchAnnaDined on 9/5/2014For several years now I take my staff to lunch at Flemings for administrator's day. We all enjoy the varied menu and really enjoy the many appetizers. We were disappointed that the hot biscuits have been discontinued...we'd talked about them the entire drive down! We ordered the flatbread, and carpaccio to start. Soon after a waiter appeared holding a plate of flat bread. We praised the speedy service and he told us this was the restaurant's new bread instead of the biscuits. Our server hadn't mentioned that when we ordered flatbread as an appetizer. We canceled our flat bread and ordered the lobster tempura and crab cakes instead, both were delicious. The fish and chips, tuna, and filet mignon were all great. Another good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Grand!!Smp72Dined on 9/1/2014Flemings has been a family favorite for years now and it doesn't disappoint with its excellent servers, awesome wine list... And the food! To die for!! Quality steaks and accompaniments! You can't go wrong for any occasion when you dine at Flemings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanetDined on 9/1/2014Great service. Manager came to our table personally to say hello. Nice touch. Food was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerPickyTravelerVIPDined on 8/27/2014I entertained business associates at the downtown LA Flemings and found it perfect for the occasion. The food is excellent as usual, and the clientele is plenty eclectic to provide ancillary entertainment. Great wine list with some hard-to-find bottles. The steak was better than other recent nearby tries downtown (no names to be mentioned here).Special Features:
- Great Service!BrooksVIPDined on 8/26/2014The server was fantastic! The flow and timing of the evening was just right, conversations weren't interrupted yet the ordering was timely. Our water glasses were filled promptly and the each of the staff engaged well with the group. Thank you!Special Features:
- Emmy Night OuttheqmandiDined on 8/25/2014We made advanced reservations for four people the restaurant due to it being Emmy Awards night. The Manager called me direct to offer us a "heads up" on traffic and parking options, which I really appreciated. Once there, we were seated upon arrival. We began the meal with my favorite appetizer, the Seafood Tower. We ordered steaks, Salmon and we all shared our favorite side dish, which is the Lobster Mac N Cheese. Completed the meal with Crème Brulee. Our waiter was very personable and visited the table just enough to make sure we were having a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.