Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
800 West Olympic Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/los-angeles
- Phone: 2137459911
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)notable wine list (48)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (42)romantic (41)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (22)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Awesome foodDeliciousDined on 10/15/2014The lobster mash potatoe was evenly! Expensive but so worth it!Special Features:
- Fleming's @ LA Livetrojandan71Dined on 10/11/2014The Mrs. and I went to Fleming's for our 17th Anninversary on October 11, 2014. The overall experience was great. The staff was friendly and made us feel welcome from when we checked in to when we left the restaurant. The food was delicious and the portions were right on target. The steak was delicious and the Chocolate Lava Cake was very good. I recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or a night out on the town.Special Features:
- Busy sat nightLadinerDined on 10/10/2014We had a visitor come from abroad and they liked steak so we decided to go to flemings. The food was for the most part good, but for my guest the filet that was supposed to be cooked medium well was overcooked. The service was not so great maybe because it was sat night so there were a lot of tables and people. The manager was nice by offering to fix the overcooked steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodhariDined on 10/6/2014the best steak since a long time, it was a rip eye steak, medium, very good wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/6/2014This restaurant is so amazing! The lobster mash potatoes is a must try and the chicken entrée was so tender and moist. DELICIOUS! I was thoroughly satisfied with all the items on the menu I tried. Definitely a restaurant for special occasions or if you want all your taste buds to jump for joy. Such an amazing atmosphere and great friendly service. I will definitely be paying them a visit in the near future. SUPERB!Special Features:
- Best Place to eat before an eventRudiselDined on 10/5/2014We have frequented Fleming's a lot in the past, but this was the first visit to the Downtown Restaurant. We had great service and the food was outstanding. I would recommend it before and event or game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Excellent servicelalaDined on 10/5/2014We came here on a Sunday and ordered the Prime Rib Special for $39.95, and this included a salad, side, prime rib, and dessert! This is a great value for so many courses and the portions are generous too. Our server was very pleasant. It was my husband's birthday, so they even gave him a box of truffles to take home.!Special Features:
- Great way to spend an eveningIlovefoodDined on 10/4/2014Ambiance was terrific. Server was thoughtful courteous and quite entertaining. As a person who loves food,I was in food heaven Started off with cocktails and Lobster Tampura. Then had Caesar salad,Ny steak medium rare. Flemmings unbelievable house potatoes, creamed spinach and both red and white wine. For dessert the server recommended the chocolate lava cake and the carrot cake. Mmmmm good to both. The servers name was Alex, be sure you ask for him. Wonderful way to start the night before the Elton John concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightGlennVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was excellent, service was impeccable. Restaurant manager was gracious enough to pour our first glass of wine.Special Features:
- steak without sizzleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Third time at Flemings. Its a very nice restaurant with quality food. But it lacks any "pop" there is nothing special about Flemings in my eyes that separates it from the Mortons, Ruth's Chris or Mastros. But its definitely a safe bet to take a client or date. Just don't expect to be wow'd in anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful and overpricedRumpoleVIPDined on 9/23/2014What a disappointment! We live Downtown and hadn't been here in a while. Upon arrival, we were asked if we wanted a booth. We did. We were the seated at a booth next to the bar. It was so loud that the server had a hard time hearing us. I ordered a Caesar salad. While it tasted ok, the portion size was the smallest I have ever seen at a steak house @ more than $10. I ordered the Prime bone in rib eye, medium which was offered at a premium price. It was served rare. Hard to imagine that they couldn't get that right on a very slow evening. They then reheated my steak. Ouch. This was not a premium steak house experience. We will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was very nice and the service was great. We started with the pig belly, it was good. We ordered the bone in rib eye (medium) and bone in NY steak (med well) and it was perfect. We paired it with mash potatoes, chipotle mac n cheese, and green beans, note the side portions are big enough to share so we did overdo it on sides since the steaks size were very nice. Also located in a great part of LA (LA Live) with plenty of night fun to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love Fleming'sToniDined on 9/19/2014Our anniversary dinner at Fleming's was wonderful! The food was incredible. The steak was so tender as to be criminal! The lobster was awesome. Our server was great, attending to our every need. After dinner, we were presented with a great gift from the restaurant. I can't wait to return and would highly recommend it for any special occasion!Special Features:
- Always a great meal!2martinisDined on 9/19/2014Flemings is my favorite restaurant at LA Live. Food and service are excellent. Took my granddaughters this time prior to a concert. The 10 year old who loves potatoes declared that they were the best mashed potatoes she's ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!BluffHeightsVIPDined on 9/14/2014My go to for great steaks. Great service as well. Very attentive without being over welcoming. Drinks are perfectly crafted as well..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Our waiter Alex was great and the food was incredible!Special Features:
- A "go to" steak placeJoJoDined on 9/6/2014Sure it's a corporate eatery, but if you want a fine dining experience and great steak, this place is as good as any in LASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Administrative lunchAnnaDined on 9/5/2014For several years now I take my staff to lunch at Flemings for administrator's day. We all enjoy the varied menu and really enjoy the many appetizers. We were disappointed that the hot biscuits have been discontinued...we'd talked about them the entire drive down! We ordered the flatbread, and carpaccio to start. Soon after a waiter appeared holding a plate of flat bread. We praised the speedy service and he told us this was the restaurant's new bread instead of the biscuits. Our server hadn't mentioned that when we ordered flatbread as an appetizer. We canceled our flat bread and ordered the lobster tempura and crab cakes instead, both were delicious. The fish and chips, tuna, and filet mignon were all great. Another good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Grand!!Smp72Dined on 9/1/2014Flemings has been a family favorite for years now and it doesn't disappoint with its excellent servers, awesome wine list... And the food! To die for!! Quality steaks and accompaniments! You can't go wrong for any occasion when you dine at Flemings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanetDined on 9/1/2014Great service. Manager came to our table personally to say hello. Nice touch. Food was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerPickyTravelerVIPDined on 8/27/2014I entertained business associates at the downtown LA Flemings and found it perfect for the occasion. The food is excellent as usual, and the clientele is plenty eclectic to provide ancillary entertainment. Great wine list with some hard-to-find bottles. The steak was better than other recent nearby tries downtown (no names to be mentioned here).Special Features:
- Great Service!BrooksVIPDined on 8/26/2014The server was fantastic! The flow and timing of the evening was just right, conversations weren't interrupted yet the ordering was timely. Our water glasses were filled promptly and the each of the staff engaged well with the group. Thank you!Special Features:
- Emmy Night OuttheqmandiDined on 8/25/2014We made advanced reservations for four people the restaurant due to it being Emmy Awards night. The Manager called me direct to offer us a "heads up" on traffic and parking options, which I really appreciated. Once there, we were seated upon arrival. We began the meal with my favorite appetizer, the Seafood Tower. We ordered steaks, Salmon and we all shared our favorite side dish, which is the Lobster Mac N Cheese. Completed the meal with Crème Brulee. Our waiter was very personable and visited the table just enough to make sure we were having a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice...CosmocalDined on 8/25/2014Crabcakes were great, swordfish good but slightly on dry side, prime rib was a disappointment--small with strange texture, filet mignon was very good. Dishes on which the meals were served were like cafeteria plates--small and generic--it basically made the meal look bad, but the food was quite good. Service was a little stern at first, but warmed up afterwards. Overall, a nice meal, but not sure if we will return unless there is a good deal.Special Features:
- Deliciouslex2228Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have celebrated our anniversary at Flemings for a few years now and they never let us down. The food is outrageously delicious and the staff is clean, professional and extremely friendly. We will continue to dine at Flemings and look for more opportunities to enjoy dinner or lunch with their great staff and GREAT food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent. We did feel rushed and were in and out of there in an hour. Numerous staff kept coming by within the hour to check on us etc. It got a bit annoying not to be able to spend some quality time with your spouse without all the interruptions from staff. The food was tops, but for 150.00 an hour there should be some peace. We have been to Flemmings in Beverly Hills a year ago and loved it. that's why we tried this one.Special Features:
- Week night bday celebPinkgirl21Dined on 8/21/2014Staff are friendly and very attentive. We dined in the wine room and it was quiet and private . Minimal noise from the outside. I loved the attention given to my group. Will come back ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayshabbaDined on 8/14/2014Fabulous, but everyones food was great but my prime rib eye was a bit charred on top.... mash potatoes a bit dry.. other than that fabulous.Special Features:
- Good Sunday 3-course prime rib dealAChuVIPDined on 8/3/2014Took the parents here to try their Sunday/Monday 3-course prime rib dinner. Dad and I ordered the prime ribs while mom got the double pork chops. The prime ribs were okay, not much flavor but the sides - mushroom and asparagus were delicious. Can't imagine paying for those separately though. Mom's pork chop was quite good with a crunchy glaze on apple slaw. It wasn't dry at all. Also, their version of the Caesar salad is quite good. Overall, a very good deal with good service.Special Features:
- More than just a steakhouse!FatGirlSlimVIPDined on 7/31/2014Flemings was more than I expected! I dined at the bar instead of being seated at a table and was impressed with my bartender Gretchen. She was hip and looked like she was someone cool to strike up a conversation with. I asked for suggestions and she genuinely recommended a drink and food that I could tell she actually tried and liked herself. We chatted throughout the entire hour+ that I was there. The sliced filet mignon small plate was the bomb, I subbed mashed potatoes for the risotto. What really set it off were small dots of siracha-like chilli sauce that was on the plate. So juicy fillet+garlic mashed+siracha chilli sauce+a stiff drink and a cool bartender= IM GOING BACK FOR HAPPY HOUR SOON....Special Features:
- Date Night2CrFerrariDined on 7/25/2014Great place for a date or a nice dinner with a special friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot On Once AgainRB36VIPDined on 7/25/2014Flemings has been one of my favorite places to go for special occasions. Haven't been here since late last year and it was even better than I remembered. Service was great, food was incredible, cocktails were even better. Always enjoy spending a special evening with Flemings.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2014was disappointed this visit, food quality is dropping, don't think i'll be back
- YummyYummyDined on 7/21/2014Food was great as always, employees made you feel like a regular even on the first visit. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Stays on TargetOnyxDined on 7/18/2014LA Live Fleming' on the small side but that didn't detract from the delicious food and great service. This is the 3rd location I have tried and I would return for another special night out. Wish I had known sooner about the "Speakeasy" night as I would have loved to participate in what looked like an enjoyable even maybe next time.Special Features:
- PSILoveFoodVIPDined on 7/18/2014Awesome steak house! Great service! Great food! Great location!Special Features:
- foodcostamichDined on 7/15/2014Mu filet mignon was over cooked as I asked for it medium, the salmon was dry and the short cake was salty. Went for a friend's bday, she asked for her steak med rare and was slightly over cooked. The sides were good, but for the price and it being a steak house, the steak should be cooked perfectly every time.
- Good but not great!Luvfinedining1Dined on 7/12/2014We've been to a lot of fine steakhouses and this one is ok. The service wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Usually its expected to exemplary service at a fine restaurant but Flemings always seems to fall a little short. We were entertaining clients, as it was their request to go there but as they noticed for themselves the service was just not there. However I must mention that the night we were there a woman was choking and the manager stepped in as the lady was choking. He came over as smooth as can be and without hesitation performed the Heimlich Maneuver. I was impressed by calm approach as not many people in the restaurant even knew what was going on. He was pretty remarkable!Special Features:
- Perfection!Chardnay8Dined on 7/11/2014Made a reservation on Open Table, and when we hit a lot of traffic and realized we would be late, Open Table app let me change the reservation to a half hour later allowing us to arrive on time. I had a perfectly medium cooked rib eye topped with poached lobster, béarnaise and caviar. My daughter had the petite filet, which she talked about all weekend. She said she didn't even need the steak knife because it was so tender, she could cut it with a fork. I would highly recommend Flemings.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!WhiteRose90VIPDined on 7/5/2014The steaks were superbly cooked exactly according to preference and all appetisers and sides we had were very good too. The wine list was extensive and included some very good wines. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features: