Fleming's Steakhouse - La Jolla
8970 University Center Lane
La Jolla, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - La Jolla
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/la-jolla
- Phone: 8585350078
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - La Jolla
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - La Jolla - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - La Jolla reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)fit for foodies (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- best of everythinggrannybobDined on 8/20/2014This spot has great steaks and succulent lobster tails. Service is also very good. Expensive, but worth it, especially if you are celebrating an occasion.Special Features:
- Great prime rib specialCarolDined on 8/10/2014We went there for dinner on a Sunday night and ordered their prime rib special. The bread with two different spreads was delicious. The dinner included a choice of salad, a very generous prime rib cut with your choice of a side, and then any dessert on the menu. The food and service were excellent. Sadly, this special ends Sept. 1st or we would be back.Special Features:
- Rebecca40VIPDined on 8/3/2014My husband I go often to Fleming's La Jolla. Recently, we enjoyed a fabulous prime rib dinner...cooked exactly as ordered! Great sides dishes and outstanding desserts. They are having a special during the summer....give it a try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpottyQCommVIPDined on 8/2/2014Used to be better. Service can be spotty. Steak quality is inconsistent. Still uses factory farm corn feb / antibiotic beef. Needs a revamp to grass fed beef...
- Prime Rib SundayVineanddineVIPDined on 7/27/2014Best deal in town! Eight of us enjoyed the Sunday night prime rib at a value of 29.99. Salads, prime rib, huge side of choice and choice of dessert. The meal and service was excellent. This is by far the best bargain in town for the quality one receives.Special Features:
- Fantastic!tootsieDined on 7/21/2014This is such an exceptional restaurant. The service, friendliest servers. Your water glass and coffee are always kept filled. The manager made sure he came to us and asked how we liked everything. You can be assured you'll have top service here. We had the Prime Rib special and it was superb! There were plenty of leftovers. We'll return for sure.Special Features:
- Worst Fine Dining Experience EverDesertPeopleVIPDined on 7/19/2014The waitress brought our martinis and then told us we were being offered a free sample of the lobster bisque. Ten minutes later, our water glasses were filled but still not bread to the table. We then ordered salads and I realized there was no cutlery or napkins so I had to ask for them. My wife's salad was bland and she asked for more dressing, while I took a bite of my caesar only to find that they completely forgot the dressing. Waitress returned to take order but still no bisque. My medium filet came cooked well and charred crunchy on edges and my wifes came as petrified wood.....really inedible so she didn't eat! The bisque arrived with our meals....classy. Nobody asked why we didn't eat but they wanted to push us for dessert.Special Features:
- Takes week to post Open Table Pts!!MamaVIPDined on 7/1/2014I like Flemings very much but this is the second time they have taken 1 week to post 1000 Open Table Points. Not acceptable. Every other Open Table restaurant posts points immediately. There are steakhouses I enjoy as much as Fleming's and they are more honorable about posting Open Table Points. This policy of theirs has cost them a good customer. My average dinner check has been $100 pp.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Steak HousetecrunnerVIPDined on 6/25/2014Fleming's LaJolla is a dependable top level steak house experience clustered in a sterile location across the parking lot from the Hyatt. Great target for the traveler. Top notch dishes, no real surprises or deviations from what you'd expect in a good steak house. Two dings: Wine list is 4X markup, based on the dozen or so bottles I frequently buy, so outrageous. Last visit I took a small group there for a celebration and the service was VERY rushed; cocktails to check in under an hour; defeated the purpose of going there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dry-aged steakdcarrotsDined on 6/3/2014My wife took me her for my birthday in June and the food was outstanding! Our waitress C.E. was very knowledgeable, friendly and very attentive. Our overall experience was 5 stars. I wish I would have remembered to call in to do the survey to get another $25 off for our next dining experience! Better than Ruth's Chris! Can't wait to go back to Fleming's!Special Features:
- A Good Solid ChoiceoldtimefoodieDined on 5/31/2014It was a great steak dinner very attentive service comfortable restaurant and all around a solid b++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/22/2014My husband and I celebrated our Anniversary here. The service was INCREDIBLE. From the hostess, to the waitress, and the manager - everyone was so courteous and attentive. The food was great. Really loved the atmosphere. Not a stuffy steak house.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 438 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - La Jolla reviews archive.
- So good I went 2 nights in a row!MamaVIPDined on 5/19/2014My first time dining at Flemings and what a pleasant surprise. My server Brianne was so helpful in helping me select just the right size steak. It was a filet mignon (generally not a fan) but this 6 oz filet was melt-in-my-mouth delicious. It was done perfectly. I was surprised to learn that Flemings is a corporate restaurant. This corporation surely knows how to choose good managers. This restaurant was outstanding on every level.
- finedinnerVIPDined on 5/18/2014Total dining experience was outstanding - from happy hour in the bar, friendly bartender, our server and the food were excellent. My wife and I frequent Flemings restaurants in different cities and found this one in La Jolla a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Food, OverpricedInExileVIPDined on 5/15/2014Nice atmosphere, attentive service, average steakhouse fare. Quite acceptable food, but cheaper options exist for the same quality food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has Something for everyoneLuLu1Dined on 5/11/2014Love the small meals for ladies with light appetites but with great flavor and interesting options! While they have a complete Steak and Seafood selectin for all those with much larger appetites or those wanting that certain cut of steak they so love. Took friends there for dinner - wife loved the small meals and so did I. Both our husbands enjoyed the selection of steaks - perfect for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014We really enjoyed dining at Fleming's, and the service was excellent! A great place to spend a birthday.Special Features:
- Nice Surprise at RestaurantpspcaDined on 4/17/2014I was surprised that the server knew I booked on open table and said the chef will send out a complimentary amuse busche !! Service and Food was flawless. Only negative was the $8 charge for valet parking when I am paying over $100 per person for a meal, I think they should at least validate and comp the valet charge !! But that would not deter me from going back to this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Experienceluv2eatVIPDined on 4/7/2014The lobster bisque, steak, crab, and Fleming's potatoes were all delicious. The service was outstanding and everyone in the restaurant was exceptionally nice and helpful. We were very pleased with everything and could not have enjoyed it more. Thank you Fleming's for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014Food is always top notch and the service can not be beat anywhere.Special Features:
- Nice dinner but too pricey!DonnaDined on 3/26/2014We went for a birthday dinner for my husband for the first time. I had asked for a nice table and they seated us right by the door - it was a horrible table. I was pretty disappointed, but after complaining, they moved us to a nice booth. I wish they just had sat us at a nice table in the the first place. Our waitress was nice and very, very knowledgeable. The dinner and the wine were delicious, but it was so expensive! A family of 4 with $100 bottle of wine ran about to $600 before tip.Special Features:
- Disney was a great ambassador!AdamDined on 3/17/2014I must say that the service was impeccable and that our server, Disney, was just fantastic. This was a truly great experience. The bone in Filet was tremendous. Every aspect of the experience was top notch. And, a special favor was provided to us since we made our reservation through Open Table. Everything was perfect. Strongly recommend this restaurant, one of the best steak houses we've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodStephVIPDined on 3/3/2014Flemings is a great restaurant. Had the steak! Perfectly cooked. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2014Great steak, great wine, great service!!! Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Flemings is La Jolla CAVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 2/22/2014We dine at Newport Beach Flemings all the time and La Jolla is easily 2 notches above that one. La Jolla location has service and quality equal Capital Grille & Mastro's. While dining at the La Jolla location, we ordered the marvelous tomahawk steak, beet salad and potatoes. Steak was cooked medium and medium rare at the same time. Salad and potatoes were perfectly prepared. Chris our waiter was just top notch. He did not pour our bottle of wine in 2 pours, rather poured it over the course of the evening. He showed real professionalism as did all the other staff members who were friendly and thoughtful. I can honestly say that this Flemings location is the way all the other locations used to be, Excellent Steaks and Staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerHayleyVIPDined on 2/15/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner and it was amazing! I requested a nice table, and they seated us right next to a fireplace. The service and staff were wonderful, and everything they did really made it a special night!!! It was a wonderful experience!! Not to mention the food was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing in many ways.DLW81Dined on 2/14/2014I had not been to Fleming's for a few years. I used to really like it and thought I would head back with my girlfriend on our anniversary. For this joyous occasion they stuck us in a table right next to the kitchen. It was extremely loud and busy in that area. Whatever, we ignored that part of it. But the problem is as we were ignoring the loud terrible seating, our server was ignoring us. We had terrible service. Took forever to get drinks, take orders, etc. The server did not have any clue as to pairing combinations of drinks with the meals. And when the food finally arrived it was of course lukewarm and not properly cooked. Unfortunately by that time I had no desire to see how long it would take a for a new steak so I just ate it.
- GREAT ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION!JohnKDined on 2/14/2014With a Valentine's Day Wedding Anniversary,we have been to many fine restaurants in the past 43 years ....and some not so nice. Without question, Fleming's was THE BEST! From the greeting at the front desk it was all 5 star!! Complimentary champagne and a delicious chocolate lava cake to end the evening with the finest filet mignon we have ever eaten in between...wow! Our server, Stephanie, was right there when she should have been without hovering. We are already planning our return for my wife's birthday in April.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine surpriseCaptDined on 2/14/2014Even though a holiday wjherecyoru would expect a rush ti turn tables, the service was perfect,unhurried but very efficient. A great experience in all regardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayGergDined on 2/14/2014The dinner was very good but not good enough relative to the price. The steak was very good but one of the sides was not good and the lava cake was an overcooked brownie. Some of the meal was disappointment since Fleming's is usually very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2014Dining at Flemings the day before Valentines day for our romantic dinner was exceptional! We had full attention of our waitress even with a very full restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed our steak and seared ahi. However, the biggest hit was the lobster macaroni and cheese! Yum! We enjoyed great wine. Overall, it was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseNancyPDined on 2/13/2014We have been to Flemings in the past for business dinners. This time we enjoyed a pre-Valentine's Day dinner and it was truly superb! We shared a Tomahawk Ribeye for two, lobster mash potatoes, and the special chocolate lava cake and of course some great red wine. Service was wonderful and since it was not actually Valentine's Day it was completely crazy there. A great evening, great meal and great company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodGaryDined on 2/13/2014Fleming's is one of our favorite places, however this time the filet and cooking was not as good. Filet was under cook then over cooked. We did mention the waitress and manager. The manager was very professional and took the item off our bill... very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experiencefinedining4meDined on 2/12/2014A Birthday dinner turned into a very enjoyable and celebratory experience with wonderful service, excellent food and attentive management. The atmosphere was both elegant and vibrant - a full fine dining restaurant tells you they must be doing something right. The seafood tower was excellent, the filet and rib eye perfect, the creme brûlée and the box of truffles gift was the perfect way to end a happy Birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and professional staffKingVIPDined on 2/11/2014An overall great evening and value. Food was outstanding especially the bone in filet. Our server, Heather, was friendly and professional. The restaurant provided an "amuse bouche" lobster bisque starter served in a shot glass because we used open table for the reservation. A manager checked our table to confirm that our evening was complete successful and enjoyable. It was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beats Donovan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014Everything was fabulous.....from service to ambiance, timing of the food and most importantly the quality of the food! I was blown away and will now always choose Fleming's over Donovan's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Anniversary Dinner SurprisestephiebDined on 2/9/2014I made our reservations on OpenTable for our best friends and ours anniversaries. When we got there, they opened the bar a few minutes early for us and were able to help me find a wine to my liking (I tasted 3 or 4 wines). Then we got to our table and our menus had inserts wishing us all Happy Anniversary. We got complimentary champagne, soup tasters, and a truffle surprise at the end. The service was phenomenal and the food was, as it always is, way better than I can describe--our steaks were perfect and the lobster mac/mashed potatoes were to die for! The soups were super delicious, and there was a never a moment spent waiting for our server, or drink refills. I have always loved Flemings and this experience added more icing to the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great. Ian andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014Service was great. Ian and Jessie were excellent. We all ordered rib eyes and they were all cooked to perfection (one medium, one medium rare and 2 black and blue). The La Jolla Flemings exceeded all my expectations.Special Features:
- Treated like a kingAskDrMattVIPDined on 2/7/2014Special night special friends. Service from manager to hostess was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as expectedTrevaDined on 2/2/2014we frequent Flemings in CA and VA. Sunday's experience was less than satisfactory...service was not as friendly as usual and prime rib was not the best. will return but will not order the prime rib again.