Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
8487 Union Chapel Road
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/in/indianapolis
- Phone: (317) 466-0175
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)notable wine list (50)romantic (42)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- This dinner at Fleming was better than the last 2.CNE1Dined on 11/22/2014We've been to dinner at Fleming's three times. The service was the best so far at this visit. The staff was very friendly and courteous, much better than the last two times. However, the restaurant rushes you in and out. We've never been there for a dinner that lasted more than 45 minutes to an hour. The filet mignon is only okay. The quality of the cut is not as good as Ocean Prime or Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Great evening!bernie109Dined on 11/19/2014We really enjoyed our evening at Flemmings. Dinner was perfect. We enjoyed the chef's special which included 5oz filet with 3 cajun shrimp over cheese grits. I really liked smaller portion option. I get overwhelmed by large portions like 8-12oz steaks and sides to feed a family of 6. This is an excellent option and so glad Flemmings offers the smaller options. Our wait staff including Sara was great, attentive and engaging. Thanks Flemmings, we will be back soon Karen PlesniakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatRFCarmelVIPDined on 11/17/2014Andrew was terrific and food outstanding. Salmon and peppercorn steak are our favorites .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings for dinnerLetseatout14Dined on 11/15/2014The food was very good and the setting was comfortable and upscale. I do think side dishes were priced too high even though tasty. We enjoyed purusing the extensive wine list. The menu was varied but we decided on the filets and were not disappointed. I'd recommend Flemings for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed great food and familyThompsonsDined on 11/15/2014We had a great dinner with family and the food was great also. However with two servers, we didn't get the service we've come to expect. We were disappointed. Of course, we will visit again so I hope this was a one time occurrence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steak houseR2dhartDined on 11/8/2014This was one of my late father in laws favorite places to done and I now understand why. The only thing wrong with the experience was that he couldn't be with us. The food, service and atmosphere were all exceptional. Will definitely keep this one on my list of places for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but ExcellentSimonizerDined on 11/8/2014The atmosphere is a little "energetic", which is a nice way to say it is "noisy". But that aside, (and some like it that way), the dining experience is definitely a good one. We began with cocktails/wine. The wine was exceptional, and the cocktails were expensive. Appetizers were delivered promptly and were all very tasty. Entrees were again delivered promptly. We ordered 3 steaks and one of them arrived underdone (ordered medium, arrived medium-rare). This was taken care of quickly, and the resulting steak was outstanding in taste, as were the other two. Service, overall, was efficient and friendly. At the end of our dinner, the manager stopped by to chat. Nice touch. The final bill was "out there", but what good steak place isn't?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedTorian0319VIPDined on 11/7/2014Steak was not upscale enough....Ruth Chris is better. The au gratin potatoes were awful. I sent it back. But, the mac and cheese lobster was tasty. We had the molten cake and it was just ok. The food at Fleming ' s is not as upscale as Ocean Prime, Sullivan's, or Ruth Chris. This was a disappointing experience.
- Yummy Crab LegsRachCovVIPDined on 11/7/2014I love how personable all the servers are here. We had a great meal. I ordered the crab legs. My husband ordered a steak special with spicy shrimp. All were outstanding! Wine is expensive... but what wine isn't expensive at a nice steakhouse?Special Features:
- Steakhouse Chain with a DifferenceSeabDined on 11/2/2014The menu is not radically different from many other upscale chain steak houses (although they have an interesting "small plates" section on the menu which doesn't significantly overlap the "mainstream" menu) but one laudable difference is that the featured entrees are not a guaranteed doggie bag trigger. The portions are more reasonable than most of the direct competition. Selection somewhat broader than their chain brethren, and they work at offering interesting wrinkles and tweaks which our party uniformly found laudable. I would not characterize the place as kid-friendly, but definitely family-friendly. Servers attentive, personable without being either smothering or forced (straightforward introduction and helpful on all offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Steak in Indy!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/2/2014I am from Chicago but I have spent six months here in Indianapolis. This was the very best steak dinner that I have had in Indy and I have tried them all.Special Features:
- The steak is way too goodChrisBDined on 11/1/2014We usually only come for happy hour, but decided to have the full dining experience to celebrate my wife's birthday. The experience was unusual as we had two servers, (which I assume isn't normal, but they might have been sharing a large party right behind us), but the servers weren't really in sync and ended up asking us similar if not the exact same questions a couple of times throughout the service. I definitely prefer the setting near the bar as it feels a little more private, which I enjoy during a high quality meal. However, with the food, specifically the steaks, that Flemming's serves, any kind of service or atmosphere can be overlooked. I had the NY strip special, and is by far the best peice of meat I've ever had my entire life.Special Features:
- Pleasant, but not outstandingnabbDined on 11/1/2014The atmosphere was very nice and was a great place for a special occasion. We had a reservation but were not seated until about 40 min. after our appointed time. There was no place for guests waiting for their tables to sit and so many were grouped just inside the front door which was quite awkward. The bar area is very small so was next to impossible to enjoy a beverage prior to seating. We enjoyed food and celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Bad serviceSamanthaDined on 11/1/2014The service is so unprofessional. It seams like they have no training at all what so ever. That is something you can expect in an upscale restaurant. For example. Why is the waiter giving us the dessert menu while we are still working on the main course? Does she want to point out that we are eating to slow or are we supposed to mix everything?
- terrible service - pedestrian foodlillyDined on 11/1/2014two former college room mates and our spouses made reservations Sat night and were looking forward to a good meal. Poor service and poor attitude. We've had much better food routinely at Outback when we were younger. What a disappointment.
- Outstanding quality and service!JCW1VIPDined on 10/31/2014It is clear that Flemings focuses on the freshest ingredients and they have a superior wait staff. Wine list is amazing and has a wide variety of price points. This past week, Flemings had a "Halloween week special" where they had prime rib plus salad plus side dish plus any of their desserts for $29.95. Wow! What an amazing price point for the food. Quality was absolutely terrific. Food presentation was great! Our waiter, Adam, was really knowledgeable and friendly. I wanted to have our red wine aerated and he brought both a carafe and a Vinturi wine aerator. The chocolate lava cake was perhaps the best dessert I have ever had (and we eat out a lot). This restaurant is one of the best around!Special Features:
- Hit all cylindersRFCarmelVIPDined on 10/29/2014From being seated promptly to great recommendations and timely drink refills, Brittany and Tom delivered their A-game! Food was terrific! My family enjoyed salmon, swordfish and prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodSleepyDined on 10/25/2014I'm not a huge fan of steak houses, but this one was good. The steak was done correctly and the house potatoes were good. Overall, very nice. Probably not worth the price. I can go out for 2 very nice dinners for the price of one at this place.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionamyroetVIPDined on 10/25/2014While I really do like Flemings the menu NEVER changes. I would love to see some fresh new items on their menu. Just don't take away the Chocolate Lava cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speed eatingBU2009Dined on 10/18/2014Finally getting a night out without the baby for my husbands birthday, we picked Flemmings because of positive prior experiences. However I don't think we'll be returning soon. It felt like we were hustled through the entire meal. If you're going to a restaurant of this level you like to enjoy the experience, but when your waitress is barely giving you time to breathe between courses and bringing the check 5 min after your entree it feels like they just want to turn the table over to the next person. Reservation at 6pm, check paid at 6:40. We'll go to Petersons next time.
- GREAT STEAK!KnowWhatiLikeDined on 10/13/2014First experience with an uppity steak house. Of course the steak was amazing, service fantastic aside from the fake plastic robot females at the front door. Prices were exactly what I expected which is why we don't frequent these types of establishments.....$11.50 for a side of potatos when the steak cost $50.00. Come on! They piped in current songs from easy-listening top 40 radio which surprised me, given the atmosphere I would have expected Sinatra type music instead. Lastly......valet. Really! Valet? The restaurant is located in a strip mall! At the end of the strip mall even with parking all around it. All in all.....I'll be back, the next time we receive a $100.00 giftcard. I'm just as happy with my $20 steak marsala at Carrabbas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible managementRobynDined on 10/10/2014On a Friday night, we were assigned a great waitress, but they switched us out for a waitress in training. Not to worry- when we mentioned it to the manager, he assured us that he would "put that in the computer", which he figured resolved the issue. The crab cakes were bland, and they cleared our table and our $70 bottle of wine before we were finished. Not the way I want to drop $200.
- Food was excellent.PaulaDined on 10/3/2014Food was excellent. Service was good but slow. My husband and I asked to share an entree. Most places divide the portion in the kitchen, but here we were just given an extra plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodrobertbakerDined on 10/3/2014the filet specials were varied and delicious. Service is attentive and conversation possibleSpecial Features:
- Great FoodSmartPakerLissaDined on 9/26/2014Even though we came to dine for North Side Nights, I can never help myself and go off menu!! All of the food was delicious and the service was great as well. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:
- We won't return.Penny4urthtsVIPDined on 9/26/2014Celebratory dinner with husband. Ordered from the Northside Nights menu. Had reservations and were left standing at the podium while host, manager and servers discussed something. Finally got seated. No real greeting. Server was disorganized, slow with drinks just not up to par for what that restaraunt is supposed to be. Ordered filet with scallops and filet with lobster tail for $10 extra. Lobster was overcooked, scallops were full of sand and filets while cooked properly lacked any kind of seasoning. no sauces were offered. fleming potatoes were ordered ala carte and were still partially raw. Manager stopped by, took potatotes off our bill, didn't comment on the sand. offered me another iced tea but never brought it.
- OutstandingBmo4VIPDined on 9/24/2014This was my first visit to Flemings and will definitely go back. We did the Northside Nights menu and it was fantastic. - the service was great as well. They make you feel special. It is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. I did notice that they have a bar menu and a happy hour that looks well worth it as well.Special Features:
- Almost GreatDisappointedDined on 9/20/2014Our family dined at Fleming's during the Northside Nights event. We dine at the restaurant outside of events as well. The service and food are generally great. It feels that the quality of items on the event menu is subpar. One of our party's filet was undercooked. We did appreciate the server having us cut into our steaks to ensure they are cooked properly. The manager brought her a new one that this time was cooked correctly but burnt on the outside. It was shocking he even allowed that steak to come to a customer's table, because it did not represent fine dining quality. Our side of potatoes was burnt as well. Perhaps they feel they can slack on the less expensive event menus. Generally good food, but this experience was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to the usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014We visited Flemings for the Northside Nights, but found it was busy, noisy and the service was slow. We had to ask for the Northside nights menu, ask for bread, which had been changed to a flatbread that was horrible, and ask twice for things we needed. Not at all up to my last experience there.Special Features:
- Fast, Friendly, AccommodatingTCunninghamDined on 9/19/2014I took my wife there for her birthday. Everything was perfect, including the drinks that were brought out to our table just as we sat down, as I had specially requested. The food was amazing, the service was prompt and friendly, and the atmosphere was perfect. We will dine here again!Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceFoodielifeDined on 9/19/2014Flemmings is definitely a place that I want to visit again. I will not get the scallops as they were bland and full of sand. I thought it was amazing that the maître d gave us the best table in the house. It was such a nice treat! This will be a nice "special occasion" place to go from time to time.Special Features:
- A Celebration DestinationSuziDanDined on 9/17/2014Fleming's is a wonderful place for an intimate celebration. The staff were all very attentive without hovering. The wine list is extensive and our server, Tom, was very knowledgeable. We had a mix up with one entree, but they quickly corrected the mistake and were most generous in making up for it. A strong recomendation!Special Features:
- Great experienceThanksDined on 9/17/2014My 3 year old chooses Flemings as her "reward" restaurant. Everytime I have taken her there the staff is extremely welcoming and make us feel special. The food is always delicious, have never waited to be seated, highly recommend!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyableqp10zmDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Service was fast, friendly and very attentive. Love the homemade whip cream that comes with desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality, friendly service & a saveHomerDined on 9/6/2014I love the steaks here, and we got a $30 gift card in the mail so I figured it would be a good place for a date night. We ordered a bottle of wine & the mushroom ravioli appetizer which was very nice and the right amount. Bread is crispy and delicious. Wine was perfect & not too pricey. I ordered my steak "iron crusted" at the suggestion of the waiter and it was perfectly cooked. My wife's filet was ordered medium and was over-cooked. We mentioned it to the waiter when he came to check on us and it was remedied without question and a perfectly done steak was delivered to us promptly. Management was gracious and accommodating, and gave our $30 gift card back to us to use at another occasion. Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBudlongBlast17513Dined on 8/30/2014Our server was attentive and provided a relaxing dining experience. Everyone complimented their food choices. There was one prime rib serving that was tough. If I had known about the prime rib prior to leaving, we would have mentioned it to the server/manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyfood333VIPDined on 8/23/2014It took them 30 minutes after our reservation time to seat us. The wine list is atrociously over priced.
- MJOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Had another great meal at Fleming's with a group of friends. Our server was great and the food was perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJackieCBDined on 8/22/2014Fleming's was a breathe of fresh air after many bad service experiences in the past few months. Our waitress was very professional and knowledgeable, our water glasses were refilled after almost every drink, and we were checked on by who I assume was the manager several times as well. The calamari we ordered was very tasty, and the lava cake fulfilled my chocolate craving for days. We were impressed when my husband's manhattan was stirred at the table, and, being pregnant, I was happy to find two non-alcoholic cocktails on the menu. I ordered the cucumber one and it was very tasty.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014With Prime steak you cannot go wrong and Flemings always has Top notch service to go along with the excellent food.....wines by the glass or bottle are also a plus with their selection.Special Features: