Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
8487 Union Chapel Road
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/in/indianapolis
- Phone: 3174660175
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)notable wine list (36)romantic (31)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- A Celebration DestinationSuziDanDined on 9/17/2014Fleming's is a wonderful place for an intimate celebration. The staff were all very attentive without hovering. The wine list is extensive and our server, Tom, was very knowledgeable. We had a mix up with one entree, but they quickly corrected the mistake and were most generous in making up for it. A strong recomendation!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014My 3 year old chooses Flemings as her "reward" restaurant. Everytime I have taken her there the staff is extremely welcoming and make us feel special. The food is always delicious, have never waited to be seated, highly recommend!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyableqp10zmDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Service was fast, friendly and very attentive. Love the homemade whip cream that comes with desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality, friendly service & a saveHomerDined on 9/6/2014I love the steaks here, and we got a $30 gift card in the mail so I figured it would be a good place for a date night. We ordered a bottle of wine & the mushroom ravioli appetizer which was very nice and the right amount. Bread is crispy and delicious. Wine was perfect & not too pricey. I ordered my steak "iron crusted" at the suggestion of the waiter and it was perfectly cooked. My wife's filet was ordered medium and was over-cooked. We mentioned it to the waiter when he came to check on us and it was remedied without question and a perfectly done steak was delivered to us promptly. Management was gracious and accommodating, and gave our $30 gift card back to us to use at another occasion. Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBudlongBlast17513Dined on 8/30/2014Our server was attentive and provided a relaxing dining experience. Everyone complimented their food choices. There was one prime rib serving that was tough. If I had known about the prime rib prior to leaving, we would have mentioned it to the server/manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyfood333VIPDined on 8/23/2014It took them 30 minutes after our reservation time to seat us. The wine list is atrociously over priced.
- MJOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Had another great meal at Fleming's with a group of friends. Our server was great and the food was perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJackieCBDined on 8/22/2014Fleming's was a breathe of fresh air after many bad service experiences in the past few months. Our waitress was very professional and knowledgeable, our water glasses were refilled after almost every drink, and we were checked on by who I assume was the manager several times as well. The calamari we ordered was very tasty, and the lava cake fulfilled my chocolate craving for days. We were impressed when my husband's manhattan was stirred at the table, and, being pregnant, I was happy to find two non-alcoholic cocktails on the menu. I ordered the cucumber one and it was very tasty.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014With Prime steak you cannot go wrong and Flemings always has Top notch service to go along with the excellent food.....wines by the glass or bottle are also a plus with their selection.Special Features:
- wineVIPDined on 8/17/2014The wine list not what it is set up to be. They give you this Ipad with all the wines listed and they never have what is listed. This happens everytime we go.
- Great Service & Flemming's PotatoClarkDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I visited. He had the largest filet and it looked and tasted amazing. I tried the Newport Filet and was a bit disappointed in my steak--it was dry around the edges and didn't seem to be a good cut in general. (I have eaten the Newport months earlier and been pleased with it.) The Flemming's potatoes I had for a side though were delicious! They were a perfect balance between cheese and potato with a hint of jalapeno. The baked potato my husband had as a side was large and brimming with all the trimmings. We probably could have split the potato if we wanted a light meal. Our waitress was great--attentive and nice. We didn't have long waits for anything.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014I have never been disappointed with Fleming's Steakhouse. The wine recommendation from our server was spot on for the meal that we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Food, Outstanding ServiceJb53Dined on 8/12/2014The staff was outstanding from the servers, the manager and the owner. We'd definitely go back for our special occasions.Special Features:
- Upscale SteakhouseFoodlover1Dined on 8/9/2014Arrived promptly at 7:30, however wait to be seated approximate 10 minutes, many tables were empty. The food is excellent, my med-rare petite filet, 8 oz, was cooked perfectly and was delicious; very, very tender. My guest petite filet was over cooked for medium and dry. We did not return the steak, since it takes time to start from scratch with a meat that is over cooked. the wine selection was very good, even though pricey. Creme Brûlée was excellent way to end evening. We shared a salad to start and shared a dessert to finish, had 1 glass wine each with our entrees. The total cost is what is expected for a special occasion, plus for a special event you get a box of truffles with a $25 gift card which almost paid the gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings - A great mealCICIBlankDined on 7/30/2014The steaks are always prepared perfectly. The service is impeccable. Flemings is never dissapointing. You will be able to relax, converse, and endulge.Special Features:
- Top-NotchJL24Dined on 7/19/2014Took wife there for her birthday. Service was amazing! Ask for Rachel, she is friendly, knowledgeable...just an all around great server. Wine list is huge! I started out with the bread and their blue cheese and tomato garlic butter...AMAZING! Wife started with shrimp cocktail and ceasar salad, she really enjoyed both. She had crab legs for dinner...really enjoyed them. I had the the dry-aged ribeye.....This steak was so good! The nuttiness from the dry-aging, the hard sear they put on it makes an excellent crust and it was cooked to a perfect medium rare. For desert we had creme brulee with chantilly cream....which is the best homeade whipped cream I've ever had. We will definately be going back! Highy reccomended.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday to MESuestewDined on 7/11/2014I went to Flemings with my husband, son, and parents. Our waitress was informative, friendly, and professional. We all had steaks which were flavorful and cooked correctly. There is quite a bit of cracked pepper on them which I would have preferred not to have (I'm not a pepper fan). We also ordered onion rings and garlic mashed potatoes to share. The rings were VERY good, the potatoes okay. The portion sizes on the sides are not as large as you might find at other high end restaurants. The manager came over to wish me a happy birthday and I received a box of 4 truffles and a $25 gift card to use on our next visit. That was a classy treat. All in all, a nice evening.Special Features:
- Prime Rib SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014The prime rib special is a great deal, it was very good although a little too done for medium rare for me. My favorite at Fleming's is their filet - it is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerNd2374Dined on 7/6/2014Excellent restuarant and service! We had a nice evening on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014We've been there for a birthday celebration and now our anniversary. The service is great - a great place for a special occasion. Cost is pretty high, but, being a special occasion, we weren't looking for a "cost-effective" meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestautantMarcusDined on 6/21/2014One of the best steaks I've ever had. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and we picked the ideal restaurant.Special Features:
- ServiceHappygirlDined on 6/21/2014Trying to decide between two bottles of wine and asked for taste. First one was not to liking and when asked to sample second .. We got it but barely a swallow and sever mentioned bartender didn't like that and he really should charge us for sample... Didn't really care for sever he had kind of a cocky attitude. Bread was great as was rest of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite Pricey!Kimmie28VIPDined on 6/15/2014Had a Father's Day dinner at Flemings on a Sunday to enjoy the prime rib dinner special. Although it seems like a great deal, the price really jumps when you add in some wine and cocktails and your children order off the small plate menu. I was quite shocked at our bill. My biggest complaint is that there are no items on the menu that are inexpensive in comparison to everything else. We eat at Eddie Merlot's all the time and at least they have some burgers and flatbreads that are great choices for children and you don't feel like you're spending a ton of money. The food was good but felt like I paid way too much for what I got. I'll just stick with my favorite steak houses from now on.Special Features:
- eat1VIPDined on 6/6/2014Don't get the crab cakes. They came cold and the sauce is bad.
- yugseyDined on 5/24/2014We ordered the 29.95 prime rib dinner. Excellent price for all you receive. Each of us got a choice of salad, a full side and a full dessert. The prime rib was a perfect size, not a small piece. Oscar, our waiter was truly excellent in all aspects. Service in all ways was excellent. We have been to Flemings many times and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Hop760VIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was very good....Bone-In Ribeye was awesome. Service was top notch. Great Team.Special Features:
- The following 330 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews archive.
- Overwhelming bill underwhelming expCurtMDined on 5/23/2014Credit where it's due, our server, Roxanne, was nothing short of outstanding. Otherwise, I would have preferred Texas Roadhouse. We and a couple friends enjoy dinner at an upscale restaurant a couple time a month but this will not be a repeat. Some of the seasonings used on the steaks and the sides were unusual and unnecessary. two steaks were overdone. On the brighter side, the sourdough bread and the desserts were very good.Special Features:
- great meal for a special occasionHungry317Dined on 5/19/2014My husband and I went for a nice dinner on our anniversary week. Food was excellent and our server Roxy was awesome. It was my husband's first time and it didn't disappoint. The cheesy potatoes are my personal favorite and my husband loved the carrot cake and he is a carrot cake snob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific servicegrizDined on 5/17/2014Once again we had a great dinner at Fleming's and the service was perfect. We had paid our bill and were chatting at the table when a manager came to us with a dessert tray that was an extra. Although we declined he insisted on our having it. Four terrific desserts for free! Stayed and ordered another bottle of wine and left a hefty tip for the kind gesture.Special Features:
- Mothers Day GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2014On "busy" restaurant days you expect to be rushed or delayed. No delay, great unrushed service. The food was great. Could not have asked for more.Special Features:
- Flemings deliveredTJeatsVIPDined on 5/10/2014Flemings met all of our expectations. They handled our reservation professionally, the dining room was nice, service was top notch, and the food was executed properly. They hit top notch in every category. I will visit again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, great serviceterrys50Dined on 5/10/2014Ex ellent food great service. .very expensive. When you pay $50 for a steak you should not have to pay an extra $10 for potatoes and an extra $10 for vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Expecting BetterseafoodloverDined on 5/10/2014Party of three on Saturday night before 2014 Mothers Day. The noise level was too high to have a decent conversation. The waiter was not up to par for this type of eatery. He did not ask us for a drink refills(wine by the glass). The small plate scallops arrived cold. When I mentioned this to him the plate was removed and returned very hot. As a result the scallops were overcooked and chewy. They should have started over instead of reheating them - poor culinary technique! The other two guests meals were OK. This is my second trip to Flemings. The previous visit had inattentive waiter issues ( he also functioned as the parking valet). I won't be returning to Flemings nor would I recommend it to others.
- SamiamDined on 5/10/2014For the extreme prices, the steak was not very good. Under seasoned. The Fleming salad was $9, all sides $8-$10 each. This restaurant is over priced for everything.Special Features:
- Just slightly a missCoronaDined on 4/27/2014Always a wonderful place to dine, meat cooked spot on every time. Just have had two misses with the Lava cake being over cooked. They were attentive to the situation when we told them, just disappointing because personally I look forward to it more than the steak most nights! We will be back of course, just might order my dessert med rare as well as my meat! :)Special Features:
- Great experienceAlanVIPDined on 4/20/2014Nice Easter brunch. Great service as usual and nive overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for recommendationsTheLongViewVIPDined on 4/19/2014Ordered small plates (filet and ahi tuna); filet was excellent, tuna had good flavor but was too tough to chew. When I mentioned it to our server, Curtis, he insisted I order something else so I chose the shrimp skewers which were quite oily and even with the pesto-based sauce, pretty bland. We'll definitely return because the atmosphere was so nice and our service was great, but next time we'll ask for recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a lot of bang for the buckEdwardsDined on 4/19/2014Our dinner at Flemmings was very nice. The food was very good, not amazing. Our waiter was very good. We had a dirty fork and glass that we had to have replaced. Dinner was fine, but generally quite expensive for the experience. For what we paid, I would expect to walk out saying "wow-that was great" as opposed to "that was nice".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but expensive.RylaxDined on 4/17/2014Food and price were the main issues. Our server was informed and attentive. The carpaccio was a let down as it was barely seasoned. It's tenderloin and not the most flavorful cut I know, but a pinch of salt and pepper would have gone a long way. Same for my steak which was a porcini rubbed fillet. Under seasoned. The crab cake was over mixed so there was no lump left just shredded down like a $6 appetizer. The pork belly was pretty good as were the cocktails. For the money I would go to Late Harvest, Oakley's or Bluebeard and have a better meal with money to spare. Not terrible but not great or even better than average.Special Features:
- Disappointing eveningindyannaVIPDined on 4/15/2014We had received an email regarding special options in the bar and decided to take advatage of the offer. I made an Open Table reservation and requested seating in the bar. When we arrived we were seated in the restaurant and informed that bar reservations were not accepted and that the special options were not available in the dining room. She said bar tables were available on a first come/first served basis and that we could take any open table in the bar. A bar table was being vacated and so we sat there. A bar waiter then told us to move, that he had people waiting for tables in the bar. He said he keeps a reservation list for the bar tables and there were multiple people ahead of us. Embarrassing.I would recommend this to a friend.