Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
8487 Union Chapel Road
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/in/indianapolis
- Phone: 3174660175
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)notable wine list (40)romantic (32)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- GREAT STEAK!KnowWhatiLikeDined on 10/13/2014First experience with an uppity steak house. Of course the steak was amazing, service fantastic aside from the fake plastic robot females at the front door. Prices were exactly what I expected which is why we don't frequent these types of establishments.....$11.50 for a side of potatos when the steak cost $50.00. Come on! They piped in current songs from easy-listening top 40 radio which surprised me, given the atmosphere I would have expected Sinatra type music instead. Lastly......valet. Really! Valet? The restaurant is located in a strip mall! At the end of the strip mall even with parking all around it. All in all.....I'll be back, the next time we receive a $100.00 giftcard. I'm just as happy with my $20 steak marsala at Carrabbas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible managementRobynDined on 10/10/2014On a Friday night, we were assigned a great waitress, but they switched us out for a waitress in training. Not to worry- when we mentioned it to the manager, he assured us that he would "put that in the computer", which he figured resolved the issue. The crab cakes were bland, and they cleared our table and our $70 bottle of wine before we were finished. Not the way I want to drop $200.
- Food was excellent.PaulaDined on 10/3/2014Food was excellent. Service was good but slow. My husband and I asked to share an entree. Most places divide the portion in the kitchen, but here we were just given an extra plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodrobertbakerDined on 10/3/2014the filet specials were varied and delicious. Service is attentive and conversation possibleSpecial Features:
- Great FoodSmartPakerLissaDined on 9/26/2014Even though we came to dine for North Side Nights, I can never help myself and go off menu!! All of the food was delicious and the service was great as well. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:
- We won't return.Penny4urthtsVIPDined on 9/26/2014Celebratory dinner with husband. Ordered from the Northside Nights menu. Had reservations and were left standing at the podium while host, manager and servers discussed something. Finally got seated. No real greeting. Server was disorganized, slow with drinks just not up to par for what that restaraunt is supposed to be. Ordered filet with scallops and filet with lobster tail for $10 extra. Lobster was overcooked, scallops were full of sand and filets while cooked properly lacked any kind of seasoning. no sauces were offered. fleming potatoes were ordered ala carte and were still partially raw. Manager stopped by, took potatotes off our bill, didn't comment on the sand. offered me another iced tea but never brought it.
- OutstandingBmo4VIPDined on 9/24/2014This was my first visit to Flemings and will definitely go back. We did the Northside Nights menu and it was fantastic. - the service was great as well. They make you feel special. It is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. I did notice that they have a bar menu and a happy hour that looks well worth it as well.Special Features:
- Almost GreatDisappointedDined on 9/20/2014Our family dined at Fleming's during the Northside Nights event. We dine at the restaurant outside of events as well. The service and food are generally great. It feels that the quality of items on the event menu is subpar. One of our party's filet was undercooked. We did appreciate the server having us cut into our steaks to ensure they are cooked properly. The manager brought her a new one that this time was cooked correctly but burnt on the outside. It was shocking he even allowed that steak to come to a customer's table, because it did not represent fine dining quality. Our side of potatoes was burnt as well. Perhaps they feel they can slack on the less expensive event menus. Generally good food, but this experience was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to the usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014We visited Flemings for the Northside Nights, but found it was busy, noisy and the service was slow. We had to ask for the Northside nights menu, ask for bread, which had been changed to a flatbread that was horrible, and ask twice for things we needed. Not at all up to my last experience there.Special Features:
- Fast, Friendly, AccommodatingTCunninghamDined on 9/19/2014I took my wife there for her birthday. Everything was perfect, including the drinks that were brought out to our table just as we sat down, as I had specially requested. The food was amazing, the service was prompt and friendly, and the atmosphere was perfect. We will dine here again!Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceFoodielifeDined on 9/19/2014Flemmings is definitely a place that I want to visit again. I will not get the scallops as they were bland and full of sand. I thought it was amazing that the maître d gave us the best table in the house. It was such a nice treat! This will be a nice "special occasion" place to go from time to time.Special Features:
- A Celebration DestinationSuziDanDined on 9/17/2014Fleming's is a wonderful place for an intimate celebration. The staff were all very attentive without hovering. The wine list is extensive and our server, Tom, was very knowledgeable. We had a mix up with one entree, but they quickly corrected the mistake and were most generous in making up for it. A strong recomendation!Special Features:
- Great experienceThanksDined on 9/17/2014My 3 year old chooses Flemings as her "reward" restaurant. Everytime I have taken her there the staff is extremely welcoming and make us feel special. The food is always delicious, have never waited to be seated, highly recommend!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyableqp10zmDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Service was fast, friendly and very attentive. Love the homemade whip cream that comes with desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality, friendly service & a saveHomerDined on 9/6/2014I love the steaks here, and we got a $30 gift card in the mail so I figured it would be a good place for a date night. We ordered a bottle of wine & the mushroom ravioli appetizer which was very nice and the right amount. Bread is crispy and delicious. Wine was perfect & not too pricey. I ordered my steak "iron crusted" at the suggestion of the waiter and it was perfectly cooked. My wife's filet was ordered medium and was over-cooked. We mentioned it to the waiter when he came to check on us and it was remedied without question and a perfectly done steak was delivered to us promptly. Management was gracious and accommodating, and gave our $30 gift card back to us to use at another occasion. Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBudlongBlast17513Dined on 8/30/2014Our server was attentive and provided a relaxing dining experience. Everyone complimented their food choices. There was one prime rib serving that was tough. If I had known about the prime rib prior to leaving, we would have mentioned it to the server/manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyfood333VIPDined on 8/23/2014It took them 30 minutes after our reservation time to seat us. The wine list is atrociously over priced.
- MJOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Had another great meal at Fleming's with a group of friends. Our server was great and the food was perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJackieCBDined on 8/22/2014Fleming's was a breathe of fresh air after many bad service experiences in the past few months. Our waitress was very professional and knowledgeable, our water glasses were refilled after almost every drink, and we were checked on by who I assume was the manager several times as well. The calamari we ordered was very tasty, and the lava cake fulfilled my chocolate craving for days. We were impressed when my husband's manhattan was stirred at the table, and, being pregnant, I was happy to find two non-alcoholic cocktails on the menu. I ordered the cucumber one and it was very tasty.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014With Prime steak you cannot go wrong and Flemings always has Top notch service to go along with the excellent food.....wines by the glass or bottle are also a plus with their selection.Special Features:
- wineVIPDined on 8/17/2014The wine list not what it is set up to be. They give you this Ipad with all the wines listed and they never have what is listed. This happens everytime we go.
- Great Service & Flemming's PotatoClarkDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I visited. He had the largest filet and it looked and tasted amazing. I tried the Newport Filet and was a bit disappointed in my steak--it was dry around the edges and didn't seem to be a good cut in general. (I have eaten the Newport months earlier and been pleased with it.) The Flemming's potatoes I had for a side though were delicious! They were a perfect balance between cheese and potato with a hint of jalapeno. The baked potato my husband had as a side was large and brimming with all the trimmings. We probably could have split the potato if we wanted a light meal. Our waitress was great--attentive and nice. We didn't have long waits for anything.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014I have never been disappointed with Fleming's Steakhouse. The wine recommendation from our server was spot on for the meal that we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Food, Outstanding ServiceJb53Dined on 8/12/2014The staff was outstanding from the servers, the manager and the owner. We'd definitely go back for our special occasions.Special Features:
- Upscale SteakhouseFoodlover1Dined on 8/9/2014Arrived promptly at 7:30, however wait to be seated approximate 10 minutes, many tables were empty. The food is excellent, my med-rare petite filet, 8 oz, was cooked perfectly and was delicious; very, very tender. My guest petite filet was over cooked for medium and dry. We did not return the steak, since it takes time to start from scratch with a meat that is over cooked. the wine selection was very good, even though pricey. Creme Brûlée was excellent way to end evening. We shared a salad to start and shared a dessert to finish, had 1 glass wine each with our entrees. The total cost is what is expected for a special occasion, plus for a special event you get a box of truffles with a $25 gift card which almost paid the gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings - A great mealCICIBlankDined on 7/30/2014The steaks are always prepared perfectly. The service is impeccable. Flemings is never dissapointing. You will be able to relax, converse, and endulge.Special Features:
- Top-NotchJL24Dined on 7/19/2014Took wife there for her birthday. Service was amazing! Ask for Rachel, she is friendly, knowledgeable...just an all around great server. Wine list is huge! I started out with the bread and their blue cheese and tomato garlic butter...AMAZING! Wife started with shrimp cocktail and ceasar salad, she really enjoyed both. She had crab legs for dinner...really enjoyed them. I had the the dry-aged ribeye.....This steak was so good! The nuttiness from the dry-aging, the hard sear they put on it makes an excellent crust and it was cooked to a perfect medium rare. For desert we had creme brulee with chantilly cream....which is the best homeade whipped cream I've ever had. We will definately be going back! Highy reccomended.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday to MESuestewDined on 7/11/2014I went to Flemings with my husband, son, and parents. Our waitress was informative, friendly, and professional. We all had steaks which were flavorful and cooked correctly. There is quite a bit of cracked pepper on them which I would have preferred not to have (I'm not a pepper fan). We also ordered onion rings and garlic mashed potatoes to share. The rings were VERY good, the potatoes okay. The portion sizes on the sides are not as large as you might find at other high end restaurants. The manager came over to wish me a happy birthday and I received a box of 4 truffles and a $25 gift card to use on our next visit. That was a classy treat. All in all, a nice evening.Special Features:
- Prime Rib SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014The prime rib special is a great deal, it was very good although a little too done for medium rare for me. My favorite at Fleming's is their filet - it is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerNd2374Dined on 7/6/2014Excellent restuarant and service! We had a nice evening on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014We've been there for a birthday celebration and now our anniversary. The service is great - a great place for a special occasion. Cost is pretty high, but, being a special occasion, we weren't looking for a "cost-effective" meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 336 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews archive.
- Great RestautantMarcusDined on 6/21/2014One of the best steaks I've ever had. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and we picked the ideal restaurant.Special Features:
- ServiceHappygirlDined on 6/21/2014Trying to decide between two bottles of wine and asked for taste. First one was not to liking and when asked to sample second .. We got it but barely a swallow and sever mentioned bartender didn't like that and he really should charge us for sample... Didn't really care for sever he had kind of a cocky attitude. Bread was great as was rest of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite Pricey!Kimmie28VIPDined on 6/15/2014Had a Father's Day dinner at Flemings on a Sunday to enjoy the prime rib dinner special. Although it seems like a great deal, the price really jumps when you add in some wine and cocktails and your children order off the small plate menu. I was quite shocked at our bill. My biggest complaint is that there are no items on the menu that are inexpensive in comparison to everything else. We eat at Eddie Merlot's all the time and at least they have some burgers and flatbreads that are great choices for children and you don't feel like you're spending a ton of money. The food was good but felt like I paid way too much for what I got. I'll just stick with my favorite steak houses from now on.Special Features:
- eat1VIPDined on 6/6/2014Don't get the crab cakes. They came cold and the sauce is bad.
- yugseyDined on 5/24/2014We ordered the 29.95 prime rib dinner. Excellent price for all you receive. Each of us got a choice of salad, a full side and a full dessert. The prime rib was a perfect size, not a small piece. Oscar, our waiter was truly excellent in all aspects. Service in all ways was excellent. We have been to Flemings many times and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Hop760VIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was very good....Bone-In Ribeye was awesome. Service was top notch. Great Team.Special Features:
- Overwhelming bill underwhelming expCurtMDined on 5/23/2014Credit where it's due, our server, Roxanne, was nothing short of outstanding. Otherwise, I would have preferred Texas Roadhouse. We and a couple friends enjoy dinner at an upscale restaurant a couple time a month but this will not be a repeat. Some of the seasonings used on the steaks and the sides were unusual and unnecessary. two steaks were overdone. On the brighter side, the sourdough bread and the desserts were very good.Special Features:
- great meal for a special occasionHungry317Dined on 5/19/2014My husband and I went for a nice dinner on our anniversary week. Food was excellent and our server Roxy was awesome. It was my husband's first time and it didn't disappoint. The cheesy potatoes are my personal favorite and my husband loved the carrot cake and he is a carrot cake snob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific servicegrizDined on 5/17/2014Once again we had a great dinner at Fleming's and the service was perfect. We had paid our bill and were chatting at the table when a manager came to us with a dessert tray that was an extra. Although we declined he insisted on our having it. Four terrific desserts for free! Stayed and ordered another bottle of wine and left a hefty tip for the kind gesture.Special Features: