Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston
2405 W Alabama Street
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/tx/houston
- Phone: 7135205959
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)notable wine list (56)romantic (46)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/18/2014What incredible experience! Great service, good food and very special for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service for great steakMarcDDined on 10/18/2014Always dependable for a great steak. Out waiter, Sheriff, paid attention to every little request and offered great suggestions. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday DinnerLlopezDined on 10/13/2014Was there for special birthday dinner. Wine selection was superb; steaks were delicious and cooked to perfection as requested. Sides of asparagus, onion rings and mushrooms were excellent additions. Celebrant was treated to surprise chocolates and a gift certificate to be used in the future. Overall, an EXCELLENT choice for a celebratory evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great steakAUDCVIPDined on 10/11/2014While the food,wine and service was wonderful as the last two times we have been here, we were a little disappointed that they wouldnt let us use a gift card and a $40dollar off Amex deal together. A gift card is just that....not a deal that is bound by disclaimers etc , yet it was not allowed to be combined with the Amex deal. It is known that you can never combine many discount deals, there is no rule or disclaimer when it comes to using a gift card along with a discount deal card. sigh. oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thompsons2Thompsons2Dined on 10/11/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary with Fleming's because we know we'd have a wonderful evening, and so we did! We cannot say enough about our favorite server, Stacie. She's knowledgeable, courteous, professional, extremely personable, and makes every occasion fun. Thank you, Stacie!! Christine, the Wine Manager, was very enthusiastic and informative when it came to discussing some specific wines we wanted to taste, and purchase for our meal. We will definitely celebrate our other special occasions at our favorite table, with our favorite server, and our favorite restaurant! Thank you, all, for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates, not small on flavor!Dineout5VIPDined on 10/11/2014Been to Fleming's a few times, and have always enjoyed great service, food, and the staff's attention to detail. This visit, I tried one of the 'small plates' entrées, , whuch was quite good, and a nice way to try a dish if you aren't super hungry, but want to enjoy one of Fleming's entrées. Enjoy one with one of their salads, for a wonderful meal, without leaving feeling 'stuffed'.Special Features:
- Great ServicemrsmlbDined on 10/6/2014My meal was mediocre, nothing to rave about but I would go back again and again because of the superb service. The staff made our visit a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious and overpricedTestyversusTastyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Too much pretention here. Pretending to serve Alaska King crab while it is much much smaller crab and unlikely from Alaska. Pretending to have a wine they do not have. Pretenting to offer a substitute at the same price but charging more. Pretending that substitute is from "Willamette Valley" while it is in fact just from somewhere in Oregon. That is a lot of pretending and quite clearly a policy of overstating and undelivering. That said, food was good but certainly not worth what they charge.
- Love the house made sourdough!DinedelightDined on 9/28/2014The house sourdough was really good! Wasn't over the moon with the fillet migon peppercorn sauce neither was my husband. Will try there again and try something different. Desert was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhousewzielicekDined on 9/22/2014If you love the flavor of meat and Steak, this is a good option. The wait staff was awesome and very friendly A++++ for them. We chose a Monday night to go and they were very accommodating and happy to help. My pork was ok but would have liked it much better had the marinated it for a while. The steak and crab I was told was very good.Special Features:
- disappointed in serviceelaineDined on 9/18/2014It was a rainy Thursday and we were looking forward to a dinner with ambiance. The booth was a nice touch. Then came the waiter---Charles---- up sell everything man. Extensive wine list!v when we picked a bottle for 55.00 he immediately said the one below (150.00) was much better. Had to explain that we would be happy with the $55.00 bottle. He then placed the bottle across the isle from us and one of had to get up to retrieve it. We asked for a tad more bread to go with our salads (for the 3rd time) and he promptly forgot again. Granted, we seem to have made reservations on the wrong night, as it was "burger night" and we ordered steak. Our bill was over $200.00 and then add 20% for a tip for Charles.Special Features:
- Great service at FlemingsOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014The service at Fleming's is truly great. Everyone from the hostesses to the bartenders, waiters and managers. They know how to take care of customers very well. The food is very good and the ambiance is great. Seating is comfortable and the tables are spaced nicely. The bar gets really busy and we equally enjoy dining at a table or the bar. You can't go wrong at Fleming's.Special Features:
- Fleming's ReviewGoodgroceriesDined on 9/12/2014Great service and food! Everyone was so attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, mediocre foodGtvvVIPDined on 9/11/2014First off, the service was excellent. Very attentive wait staff. Unfortunately, I was shocked at how disappointing the bone-in filet was. It was cooked to a perfect medium rare as ordered, but utterly flavorless. The apps and sides were ok at best. I won't be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Only 'OK'...wlbuckerooDined on 9/7/2014Usually quite good. Service was only 'fair' and the Roast Beef was way too fatty..
- Good Food, Not Great ServiceKatyBVIPDined on 9/7/2014This was the first time I had ever eaten at Flemings. My husband has eaten at Flemings in DC and has said how good it was. I was disappointed with this dinner. When we arrived it was not busy. Our server Michael seemed put out by having to wait on us. After he returned to tell us the bottle of wine we wanted was out, he recommended another bottle which was $4 more but not as good as the kind we ordered. It took him a long time to come back to take our order. We informed him we had a show to be to at 7:30. The meal was served and the prime rib was good, not great. There were three sauces served with it and no one explained what they were to us. Sides were ok, nothing special. Not hurrying back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapponitedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014I'm going to try and keep it simple...if I'm going to pay over $300 for 3 people to eat dinner I expect the food to be delicious. My steak was overdone, the lobster was rubbery, and the Mac and cheese was dry. I had a better $12 steak on steak night at Witchcraft tavern off 11th street last week and feel like I was robbed by Flemings. You cannot charge people that much money for mediocrity in Houston there is way too much competition that is doing it correctly ( Capitol grille, Del Friscos, Pappas).Special Features:
- Pricey Small Portions & Long WaitLoboDined on 9/5/2014We were shocked when the bill arrived. When did a baked potato start costing $9.95, 4 oz of sauteed spinach start costing $9.50 and a 4 oz ceasar salad start cosing $14.00! We lived in Chicago and the steakhouse prices were not this steep. The ceasar salad was just a 4 oz pile of iceberg lettuce with bottle dressing. My buratta & tomato salad was an afterthought on the plate. Salad presentation was no different than what you would get a local diner. The steaks were good but way too salty. The only thing good was the wait staff. They were awesome- efficient and very courteous.Special Features:
- Well deserved night outGOODSTUFFDined on 8/31/2014The wife and I have four kids and we chose Fleming's as our date night choice this week. The prime rib was excellent and so were the Martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Prime Rib,Dineout5VIPDined on 8/31/2014While this visit was planned as part of my birthday celebration, we were pleasantly surprised to find, that because it was Sunday, Fleming's was serving its Prime Rib Dinner, which included salad, choice of sides, and dessert (which we couldn't begin to eat-given the prime rib and salad!) The Prime Rib was excellent; and the service was wonderful. I was very pleased at the attention to detail...there was a birthday card at our table upon our arrival; and in addition to desert, I received a box of their chocolate truffles; and a gift card to return; which we certainly will!Special Features:
- AlwaysVIPDined on 8/30/2014Aleays excellent food, service and ambiance. Excellent wine list, too.Special Features:
- Amazing every timeLd102Dined on 8/29/2014Flemings steak still ranks as the best when I compare it to all the other great steakhouses in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liv2dineDined on 8/29/2014I love Fleming ,its my favorite restaurant. I dine there every birthday and when I want a great steak. The lobster mac and cheese is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The extra touch of hospitalitypatiopal61VIPDined on 8/29/2014The steaks and entrees at Flemings (River Oaks) are consistently delicious. I always choose Flemings when I am going to splurge on a good steak. I recently treated a friend to a birthday dinner here and it was her first Flemings experience. The dinner ended with the extra touch - a birthday box of chocolate truffles and another surprise. She was thrilled. Did I mention their fabulous happy hour? The mini sirloin burgers are the best in town. My friend and I are returning next week for HH.Special Features:
- Consistently enjoyabletvangyDined on 8/25/2014The service, atmosphere, ....and the FOOD, and always consistently delicious at Flemings!Special Features:
- WhitVIPDined on 8/24/2014Superb filet mignon was enjoyed by all 4 people in our party. Very good wine list and the deserts were also great.Special Features:
- Thompsons2Dined on 8/16/2014Our 'very special occasion' was treated as such! We had a wonderful evening, as we expected, and were treated like royalty....what more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedSteakandWine60Dined on 8/16/2014We went this past weekend for an early dinner and were seated promptly and service was outstanding. We chose to use the restaurant week menu and loved all of our choices. We also added an order of onion rings and we thought they were the best we have ever had. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of the road...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated our anniversary here and have never actually been in before. Our filets weren't cooked as ordered and the meat was not filet quality...chewy actually. Ambience is nice, but there are better places to have a good steak in Houston.Special Features:
- vamboDined on 8/12/2014Personal touch... waiter knows his stuff. Stake was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Good food. Great price!GulliverVIPDined on 8/11/2014We went for the limited time 3-course prime rib special. Every thing was really good. Service sizes were huge. We had to 'doggie bag' a bunch of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at FlemmingsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful experience at Flemmings this weekend. The food was amazing and the ambiance was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and mediocre foodHoustonFoodieDined on 8/1/2014The ambiance is nice, the service is good but the food, unfortunately was average at best.
- Great Food & Serviceiluv2eatoutDined on 8/1/2014Food as always was fantastic on most recent visit. Server was great and knowledgeable. The wine list is phenomenal. The managers visited the table and were engaged with their customers. The steak is always great and the chicken was FANTASTIC - the most moist chicken all of us ever had out.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary CelebrationCelebratewithFoodDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary last week at Flemings. The staff greeted us with well wishes. Our table was adorned with a small vase of fresh roses and a note from the GM. Our meals and wine selections were wonderful and service attentive, pleasant but not hovering. A special desert treat was presented at the end of our meal. It was a lovely evening and the food consistently good as on each of our prior dining at Flemings. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Slow to start but better at tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014Very slow to be seated but great table service and very accommodating for dietary restrictions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- riclinVIPDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner and had nice service. Our waitress was good but never mentioned the specials but did come to ask if we wanted the chocolate lava cake dessert. Booth was very comfortable but next time want to be away from entrance. Have asked for a quiet location on open table both times and we have had the same first booth both times. My prime rib was med rare and very thin whereas my husband's was med and at least twice as thick. Both tasted good. Cheesecake is very light and chocolate lava cake delicious.Special Features:
- Great Date Night PlacePaulaRDined on 7/19/2014My husband and i love Flemmings for our date nights. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is always fabulous! This time our service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Fine but not notablecackieVIPDined on 7/19/2014If you are hungry for steak go there. Just like any other Fleming's. Like it more if there were more personality and reasonable prices. Needs more zing for those prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal at Fleming'sOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Had dinner at the lively bar at Fleming's and really enjoyed it. Great bartenders and nice bar. The French Onion Soup was excellent. Loved the Alaskan King Crab Legs as well. Simply cooked but perfect. I don't go in often enough but I always enjoy Fleming's. They have good food and they know how to treat you right.Special Features: