Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston Beltway
788 W. Sam Houston Pkwy North
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston Beltway
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/tx/town-and-country
- Phone: (713) 827-1120
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston Beltway
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston Beltway - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston Beltway reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)notable wine list (49)romantic (44)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (8)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- So-soCMCHOU79Dined on 11/15/2014It was simply okay. Manger and waiter were super attentive but quality of steak was less than many steak restaurants in Houston. For special occasion this is not to expected quality but for everyday decent steak it would have been fine. Also dessert menu is pretty "unspecial" too.Special Features:
- Meh...SueHVIPDined on 11/8/2014Server Devon was fine, though he disappeared at dessert/coffee time and we finally asked another server to find him for us. Also, when he was describing specials we had trouble hearing him due to ambient noise level. Heirloom tomato salad disappointed: 1/2 inch chunks of ice-cold tomatoes buried under arugula (had to search for the featured component. Cippolini onions' sweetness is overpowered by rosemary. Porterhouse-for-two was cooked fine but not as tender as we've enjoyed at Pappas Meat Co. or Laurenzos on Washington. Baked potato was cold & mealy. So was its replacement. Martinis $13. This was our first visit (had a $40 coupon). Not planning to return, as there are lots of Houston restaurants to try and favorites to return to.
- Super attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/2/2014I went there to celebrate my 40th birthday. The manager made sure I was cared for and treated me like a VIP. Steaks were cooked perfectly and all the staff was genuine in their friendliness. I love going to Fleming's for all my special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencecheersyallDined on 10/30/2014the seafood tower was excellent, it's a bit pricey but everything was very fresh ! the prime rib was outstanding, cooked to perfection according to my guests ! the fish selection is limited so I reluctantly ordered the bbq scottish salmon filet, to my surprise it was skillfully done, I was very pleased ! delightful desserts (choc lava cake & carrot cake) are must have's ! Our server, Shelly was top-notch !Special Features:
- Great Dinner, again!AlaskaDined on 10/30/2014We had a 630p reservation and arrived early. Table was ready, actually a booth, which we requested. Excellent service provided by Shelly. Steaks were cooked perfect. A great evening for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribAliceVIPDined on 10/29/2014My husband requested Flemings for his birthday celebration primarily because he received an email about the Prime Rib special. It was very disappointing to hear they had already run out of prime rib by 7:00 despite the fact we made reservations and called that day at 4:00 to confirm. After the initial disappointment (and large price variation as the 3 course prime special was $29.95) our family made the most of the situation. Devan our waiter was very good and our evening turned out quite enjoyable. Food was exceptional and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014The Manager, Leah, and her crew did an outstanding job hosting my son and his wife for their first anniversary dinner. Took great care of them and made them feel special - and the food and wine were both fantastic! Highest recommendation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KESHIADined on 10/25/2014I JUST LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PLACE! SHELLY IS THE BEST WAISTRESS EVER!!!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014My family and I came for dinner for my dad's retirement party. We had amazing service by Dan and Shelly, and amazing food. The two of them were very helpful with wine lists and very attentive to our every need. The manager of the night even helped us pull off a great surprise for my dad which made the night! Great place and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary food and serviceVictrDined on 10/20/2014Food was delicious, perfect cooking for tenderloin, service was excellent, ask for Alex she adds that perfect professional service touch. Be sure to order the "Lava Cake".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat GuestSMU89VIPDined on 10/12/2014I am never disappointed when I visit here. Took my wife and three kids and had another very special evening. Strongly suggest this restraint for a romantic dinner or even a kid friendly family special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner outGoinout2niteDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed the Resturant atmosphere and the food was delicious. We hope to return again for a special nite out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening1happymomDined on 9/24/2014We were greeted warmly, and our waiter was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Service was professional, food was very well prepared.Special Features:
- KarenDined on 9/23/2014Excellent food and service. Wine ordered was perfect with meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this locationJglas1009VIPDined on 9/22/2014I've been to a Flemming's before, but this was the best experience I've had in a restaurant in a long time. When I walked up the table everything was already set with fresh bread waiting. Our server John was very knowledgeable about the menu and helped us make a great selection. I had the best and perfectly cooked filet thus far in Houston! This is my new Flemming's in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatSMU89VIPDined on 9/12/2014Can always count on great service and food. Much better than fighting the CityCenter parking mess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady Eddie...TheBestCriticVIPDined on 9/12/2014Very predictable, no matter what location you chose, you'll never know which one you're in. Always very good, not outstanding but very good. Steaks are high quatlity and sides are above average, good deserts. Service was fantastic, our waitress went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our dinner, the manager came by to check on us twice. Serivce is their strongest suit.Special Features:
- Always top notch foodMikeylikesitVIPDined on 9/9/2014Excellent time as always. I'm a simple steak guy and this is one of the best steaks anywhere. Cooked to perfection. MY wife likes the extras so she got the topped with shrimp and a drizzle. The shrimp looked like little lobsters and tasted like them. The Fleming's potatoes are always a winner, and the green beans were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGigiaDined on 9/7/2014We dine at Fleming's in Town and Country quite a bit and we always, always had great food and outstanding service. I recommend this restaurant for people who love great food and attentive service.Special Features:
- good food and serviceVicBarVIPDined on 9/5/2014Everything was good, except I did not like we were eating apromotion and they forgot to bring us the inital entrees. Everything else was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit, but not our last.Kristinhd3Dined on 8/31/2014We loved the food and the service could not have been better.Special Features:
- Truly OutstandinghappilyretiredDined on 8/31/2014All the staff made our dining experience truly memorable. From the moment we entered until we left, we were treated royally. The food was delicious and well presented. The atmosphere was perfect. The special menu for the evening was affordable priced also. What a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!Love2DineOutDined on 8/30/2014Everything was wonderful! We were celebrating our daughter's birthday and as always the food was perfect. Our waiter, Stephen, was so friendly and took such great care of us. He truly made our experience even more enjoyable with his attentiveness. I can't tell you how much we appreciate great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PacoDined on 8/27/2014Very nice place for dinner. I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The steak was amazing and the salads was refreshing. The table was split on the monkfish – one person thought it was great, but another felt that the tastes didn't quite mesh. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable." CongratulationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceLuv2dine2Dined on 8/27/2014The management and staff were simply amazing! From the time we walked through the door until the time we left they were very nice, sincere and attentive. I was celebrating my birthday and they gave me a card, a box of truffles and a gift card! They went the extra mile to make my day special & it was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was execellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Would recommend to anyone looking for a good good steak!Special Features:
- Well-Managed EstablishmentSteakSnobVIPDined on 8/27/2014Management and staff are friendly, available, and responsive. Great for business meetings. My choice over Eddy V's every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyable!DianeDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and were very happy with the choice.The service was friendly but professional,with one server and an assistant. He explained the menu well. We both chose the Newport Filet with Fleming Potatoes. The steak was cooked just as we requested. It was very flavorful and tender. I loved the potatoes. They were creamy, cheesy, and slightly spicy. This has become my new favorite restaurant. It is a little pricy to have a full dinner often, but for special occasions, it is wonderful. The server mentioned the happy hour in the bar where several of the small plates and appetizers were very reasonably priced. I'd like to return to try several of those offerings.We thoroughly enjoyed our experience here, and will return.Special Features:
- We'll be backWinesnobDined on 8/22/2014Thought the ribeye was mediocre, Mac cheese was great. Overall good experience, I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great apps at bar during happy hour and plus great food for dinner ...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicepkwhouVIPDined on 8/21/2014This was my first time to this location. The staff is extremely friendly and efficient. They were helpful and available whenever we needed them without rushing us. The food was tasty and delivered in a very timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weeknight at Flemings TCdiningout77Dined on 8/20/2014Our server did a good job keeping things moving but not rushing us. It was a bit noisy when we first arrived, but as just a couple of table left, the noise level became manageable. Loved that they participated in Restaurant Weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!medmanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent dining experience! All of the food is wonderful and all of the employees are excellent - it really is a top notch dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014This was my 3rd time here and every time has been just as good as the last. My steak was cooked perfectly, wine and atmosphere were great. Great overall service as well. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service troubleAlaskaDined on 8/13/2014I've been here many times. Tonight they seemed to be short on wait staff. We waited on everything from drinks through the check. Odd for this restaurant Normally great. I saw managers helping out as well. Everyone very nice and food was good.
- Delicious, but one thing...drewIcDined on 8/11/2014Delicious as always. One thing in did noticed, but never mentioned to any staff, was some fruit flies that were on a wine glass on a table in the bar area. We switched tables to the main dining area and everything was wonderful. There was a misunderstanding with an appetizer that we ordered. We said the 'pork belly' yet 'ravioli' was brought out. It was eventually fix, and everything else was smooth. The friut flies were a little off pudding...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Success fo 10FBG007VIPDined on 8/10/2014The food here is always exceptional. Usually the service is exceptional, but they seemed to be a bit busy, so things were a little slow. I also had noted that we were celebrating three events (50th and 22nd anniversaries and my brothers recent wedding). The manager to his extreme credit came by toward the end of our meal and asked me how things were and I mentioned to him that food was excellent, but that I was surprised about the service and mentioned our anniversaries. He then went extremely out of his way to pull up our reservation (I saw him on the computer) and review the notes and then came back with gifts for all the women. It was a class act and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- It's been betterYoungatheartDined on 8/9/2014The food was very good. Our waiter was a bit too casual and lacked polish that we have had in previous visits to Flemings. That was the only disappointment. We will be back at some point I'm sure.Special Features:
- Disappointed for the price.LoriDined on 8/2/2014I had higher hopes for this restaurant as it was a special occasion date night for my husband and I. Our server was nice but was gone for long periods and looked like she was having an off night with the other staff. We prefer a quieter ambiance and this place was so busy. Near us, staffers were shuffling tables around getting new tables ready to seat more people in a place I thought was already packed enough. The steak was perfect, but the crab cake and fried shrimp with some sort of berry compote underneath was all too salty.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Went for Restaurant week. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and everything was delicious. The server was very attentive.Special Features: