Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro
3342 W Friendly Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27410Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/nc/greensboro
- Phone: 3362947790
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro
Fleming’s Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)notable wine list (18)romantic (15)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I asked for my steak to be prepared medium rare, but it was served well done. None of our steaks were remarkable for their quality, but they were quite expensive. The waiter was friendly, attentive and did a good job, but that did not make up for the food quality and price.Special Features:
- Great diningGabeDined on 8/29/2014Visiting my son in Greensboro, we decided to have a good steak dinner. My son suggested Fleming's. We had been here once before, several years ago, but wanted to try it again. The steaks were cooked to perfection. The service was considerably better than other steak places of this caliber. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a great meal. Robert was our waiter. Exceptional service from Robert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome night!winefriendlyDined on 8/7/2014The experience provided at Fleming's in Greensboro is always top notch! The staff is friendly and pleasant from the front door to the kitchen. The chef even came by our table to make sure we were having a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a special event!WarrenDined on 8/5/2014Hosted a retirement dinner for a co-worker and had a wonderful experience with great recommendations, top notch food, and outstanding service with a special touch. I have enjoyed Flemings for Mothers Day, an evening with my spouse, and a company occasion. Always top notch and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib1finedinerDined on 8/3/2014Excellent dining experience. We took our parents to celebrate their 60th anniversary and my dad said it was the prime rib he had ever had! Service was excellent and we really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Great Sunday/Monday Dinner DealTravelerDined on 7/27/2014We love Flemings for special occasions, or when they are having a "deal" as they do on Sunday and Monday evenings with their 3 course "Prime Rib Dinner." Service is excellent-attentive and knowledgeable without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Flemings ... more than a chainbudmoDined on 7/21/2014Flemings is probably our favorite local restaurant for celebrations, special occasions, etc. The service is excellent and the staff is super responsive and friendly, but not hovering over you all the time. The quality of the food has almost always been excellent, and the few minor issues we have had (over a period of 5 years) with the food have been resolved promptly and courteously. I take wine from my own cellar and pay the corkage fee, but they have a great wine selection which I have used on occasion. We have been to several of their private wine tasting events and most of them have been excellent as well. This is not a cheap place to eat, but we spend a little more for those special times that we are go out to special places.Special Features:
- Great Prime RibPipeDreamDined on 7/20/2014Husband and I have returned here for special occasions. The food is always good, and the service is wonderful. I could recommend a somewhat smoother texture for the mashed potato side. Salads are good, so people who don't want a heavy meal will be happy with salad and a dessert. Yum!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014We had an amazing dinner and a wonderful dining experience with Aaron!Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerDryagedsteakfanDined on 7/3/2014Fleming staff were fantastic, attentive and very knowledgeable. Great recommendations on wine and the meat. Dry-aged NY Strip steak melts in your mouth. Dinner for two is pricey but worth it for a special occasion. Did not get to the bar area but it looked like fun. We will be going back again. Nice little gift at the end for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Trying to be something they aren'tJulieDVIPDined on 6/29/2014I was SO disappointed when dining here on June 29, 2014. Fleming's comes off as the same as a Ruth's Chris or Smith & Wollensky, but they fail when it comes to execution. You pay 5 star steakhouse prices for subpar food. I ordered the berry lemon drop cocktail to start and it tasted like straight lemon juice. Had to send it back after having my family try it and go YUCK! I asked them for a different drink, which came out fine. Then we ordered wedge salads to start -- totally not worth $10. Limp piece of bacon. No dressing. Chunk of blue cheese on the side. Finally, we ordered the seafood tower to share. It was MUSHY!! Crab meat was soft and disgusting. And hardly any seafood -- they've now taken off the oysters but kept the price the same!Special Features:
- Fathers DayDBostDined on 6/15/2014we went for Father's Day and he loved it. He got the special but we were able to order off the menu as the specials were too rich for the rest of usSpecial Features:
- Skip the prime rib!SoufletDined on 6/1/2014The steaks were excellent, but the Sunday special prime rib was probably the worst I have ever had. It was tasteless and had a funny texture. The waiter advised me gently that I would be happier with something else and I should have listened to him.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's Greensboro hits the markbiggiebDined on 5/31/2014Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or just a night after work, you can't go wrong choosing Fleming's Greensboro. I've eaten at several Fleming's, but Greensboro is especially good. The service is top notch- attentive without being overly so. Food is great & the wine good. Can't go wrong ordering steaks, chops or salmon. It's my favorite restaurant for any occasion, but really great for special occasions. When it's your anniversary they send you home with your photo & a special dessert. Just can't say enough about this location.Special Features:
- Not near what it used to be.foodie21Dined on 5/23/2014I have been going to Fleming's with my family ever since I was super young. We used to frequent the Cleveland location often, and had great meals. I have not been for about 2-3 years, and my, what a difference those years made. The items looked great on paper, but the preparation was so-so and the presentation was pretty awful. Fleming's is clearly expanding and spreading themselves too thin, and boy is it showing. Outback needs to reconsider their strategy with Fleming's, as I would rather go to a local place over Fleming's any day, especially since Fleming's prices are SO high. It felt like a chain, something I could never say about the Fleming's I used to go to. Not good.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Fabulous place for any occasion....great food, great management, truly 5 starsSpecial Features:
- AwesomeLuvinfoodieDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant is great in every way. Outstanding from beginning to end. Glad we caught the brunch special this weekend. It was incredible! Fantastic service and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 5/11/2014I have had great experiences at Fleming's in the past. I took my wife, mother, daughter and granddaughter for Mother's Day Brunch and was totally disappointed. it seemed that quantity of meals served was a priority instead of customer service. Pacing of servings was slow, coffee was not offered to be refilled, food was warm to cool on serving, wait staff did not have the proper dishes aligned with customers and one waiter dropped a dish of vegetables into my granddaughter's entrée. Service and quality of food did not match cost.
- Mothers Day Brunch was great!!!!!!!DBostDined on 5/11/2014It was a great place for Mothers Day brunch. The service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/11/2014Very nice last minute find. A little expensive but nice surroundings and great service.Special Features:
- A little too priceysouthernfoodyDined on 5/10/2014We thought the food at Flemings was good, but a little too pricey in our opinion. Most of the entrees are $40+ and there was nothing extraordinary about them...just good. The wine list is impressive, but I am fairly familiar with many of the wines offered and the mark-up on these was extreme, especially for only 6 oz of wine!Special Features:
- GreatVPresDined on 5/10/2014Fine dining at its best! Never had a meal or wine that wasn't superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 204 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro reviews archive.
- Consistently excellentLeafpeeper2dayVIPDined on 5/4/2014Flemings is the "go-to" place for steaks and bar food in Greensboro. Service is always perfect -- not hurried. They may need to change the tables but we never hurried to finish.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchAlgernonDined on 4/20/2014Meal and service were adequate, but this was the worst experience that I have had at Flemings to date. I am sure I will go there again, but I expected better. Lobster Bisque was adequate, but a bit too much cream and not enough lobster taste to it. My wife's prime rib was underdone and it took too long to correct it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014Food wasn't that good. It seems for quality Flemings is becoming hit or miss. The service was excellent.
- quality of foodlisa10VIPDined on 4/13/2014The first thing that my husband and I noticed was that the prices of the drinks and food had drastically increased. Specialty drinks were now $16. I can see paying that in NY but not in Greensboro. Also the steaks had also increased in price. About 30% increase. My husband who gets the peppercorn steak said it was barely edible. Very poor quality of beef. The prices were comparable to Ruth Chris. We have been going to Flemings for years and sorry to say but that might have been the last time. We have been to Ruth Chris a couple of times for special occasions but now I think that will be a go to steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedEatallthetimeDined on 4/12/2014Me and my wife wanted to do something very nice so we stayed the night at grand over and decided to come to fleemings with high hopes of a great meal. We came in and the senery was nice. The staff was polite However we looked at the pricing of the meal and was like wow this is crazy! We ordered a steak and crab legs and the steak was not even close to being worth the price that you charge the crab legs was dry and tasted like cardboard the steak tasted like it had been chewed before we got it and was cooked again.. I'm not a complainer and I am more than willing to pay a high price for a meal but only if it is worth the price but this was VERY disappointing.. The best part of the experience was the soupSpecial Features:
- Very limited variety in menuLoavesandfishes2VIPDined on 4/12/2014Very limited variety in menu changes. Lobster tempura was so greasy, was almost inedible. Cannot count on bar to be consistent with alcohol content or likeness from time to time with same drink specialities. The sides cost are expensive for size and not comparable to like restaurants. Service was good.Special Features:
- What a great restaurant. SecondOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2014What a great restaurant. Second time going and it was fantastic. Had the special steak tonight and it was very good. Highly recommend this place to entertain and to enjoy the best. Great waiter also....will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still goodBigtravelerVIPDined on 4/7/2014It's rare to be disappointed at Flemings. It's steak house pricing but it is usually very good. This was no exception. Great apps, great steak, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fist experiance was inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014My fist experiance was in November 2012 in Austin tx decided to go back in November 2013 at Austin but in this second visit i we had a bad experiance. We givet a new chanse in Greensboro and it was a totol desaster with food & service.I am a busenisman that intertains and loves a good steak.Unfortunatly this is the last time they serve us, I will never go back and make shore to pass the word of the experiance to my freind. Guy Sisto.
- Pricey, but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2014Good to great meal at a price point which would support a once-in-a lifetime stupendous dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the moment we walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014From the moment we walked into the restaurant until we left we felt welcomed. Our dinner was outstanding. We eat at Flemings all the time in Palm Desert California and this was by far an exceptional experience. Our server Seth was so much fun and his service was spot on we had a great meal and enjoyed our time in North Carolina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I might give them a second chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014We celebrated my birthday at Flemings. I expected better. It was a very slow Sunday evening and there was a 30 minute time gap between apps, salads, and the main course. Once the main course arrived, my scallops were burnt. My boyfriends dish came out without the advertised blue cheese topping and the scallops which was half of the meal. Our waiter was pretty absentee as we had to tell other servers about the errors. No manager ever came by to apologize. For the prices I expected better service and for there to be no kitchen errors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 3/22/2014We celebrated my birthday at Flemings with another couple. Everything was perfect from the bar to the chocolate molten lava cake!! OMG! The cake is sinfully delicious. We all ordered filets, and each was cooked exactly as we requested. The Caesar salad was fabulous and enough to split with my friend. My husband had the wedge with a chunk of blue cheese, and our friend had the oysters. Everything was well prepared and served oh so graciously by our favorite waiter Brian. Upon leaving, Brian gave me a box of chocolate truffles and a $25 gift card for our next visit. It was a perfect evening with great friends, wonderful food, and excellent service. The noise level was a little loud, but we chose a booth on the side which helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything you would expectfoodiewannabeDined on 3/19/2014Fleming's is good food great service and high prices, but for a special occasion it's worth it, they always go the extra mile for this occasions, like a card for you birthday or anniversary and a small box of trufflesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakSteakLoverDined on 3/15/2014While the atmosphere was not what we were expecting, it was noisy for a 4star establishment. We had awesome service from the front desk to the waiter. the steaks were awesome, cooked to perfection. We had simple sides of Asparagus and Baked Potato.. that were plenty for the 2 of us to share. We will return, make your reservation and give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.Special Features:
- WonderfulJKMillikenDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time, the food was good, her steak was a little too well done, yet still good. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent on all FrontsHappyDaterDined on 3/1/2014This was the third of fourth Flemings we have visited and Flemings Greensboro didn't disappoint. Amazing food, the fried oysters special appetizer melted in my mouth, the steak was as brilliant as always, and the fresh cream for desert was perfect. Server was friendly and caring and made sure we had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as UsualFlemingfanVIPDined on 2/27/2014My wife & I love to dine here as often as possible. This visit was as wonderful as usual. We especially love that our favorite booth is always ready for us on each visit - without even having to ask for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.