Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro
3342 W Friendly Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27410Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/nc/greensboro
- Phone: (336) 294-7790
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro
Fleming’s Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)notable wine list (31)romantic (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- So happy we tried this place!NKnutsonDined on 11/23/2014Husband and I were in Greensboro for a Garth Brooks concert. There were wuite a few options for dinner around the area, but I had been wanting a good steak that evening. We live in the Washington, DC area, and both travel extensively for work (NYC, LA, Miami, Denver, etc) and we have tried many great steak places. Flemmings now is added to our list of great steak places. The steaks (me - filet/extra rare, hubby - dry aged sirloin/medium-rare) were perfectly cooked and had a wonderful taste. I had the truffle poached lobster accompaniment and, while I could have done w/o the excessive sauce drizzled overtop of the steak, the flavor was good enough to overlook that (I'm a steak purist, typically). The wine selection was outstanding. Definitely need to try the Duckhorn merlot - plan on buying a few bottles for home now. And to top it all off - our waitress, Sara, was incredible. Very knowledgeable and wasn't overbearing. the manager even stopped by to ask how our dinner was. Great establishment with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014This was our first time to Flemings and definitely will return. The steak was excellent, tender and cooked perfectly to order. This was a great evening dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 11/14/2014Excellent steak, drinks, dessert, and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top dining!!!!!3DDADDined on 11/8/2014My wife requested Flemings for her Birthday meal. From the moment we walked through the door we were treated like royalty! Our waiter Jim was right there for us all the way through and even took a photo of our group and developed it before we left for the evening! Steaks were out of this world! Bravo Flemings!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightFoodiebobDined on 11/5/2014We went here to celebrate my wife's birthday and they do an excellent job in helping to make a night special. Service was outstanding and at the end they even offered to take my family's picture, develop it and framed it for no charge. She was also given some chocolate truffles to take home. Food was very good and all of our steaks were cooked perfectly. We have visited here several times and we have always experienced outstanding service and very good food.Special Features:
- consistent & excellentgsodinerDined on 10/25/2014This is a very predictable restaurant: always outstanding quality food along with great service. It's not cheap, but you get your money's worth.Special Features:
- My New Favoritefoodie123VIPDined on 10/24/2014I had such an amazing dining experience at Fleming's Steakhouse that I can't wait to go back. Would also like to visit the bar. Love that it is a NC restaurant where I can actually enjoy some of my favorite wines. Have great choices for non-beef eaters like myself!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014First time visit to Flemings. My husband and I were very impressed. We almost always leave a steakhouse feeling a little let down because we feel we make a great steak at home. Not this time, the steak was fantastic! Matter of fact, all of the food was outstanding including the wine selection. The service was impeccable. The noise level was a little higher than I would have liked but not enough to keep me from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great place!JannelleDined on 10/14/2014While there are any number of good restaurants in the Triad, Fleming's is one restaurant that I can count on to always provide amazing food, spectacular service and a upscale, romantic atmosphere. As per their custom, we were treated with warmth, professionalism and made to feel as if we were honored guests. We LOVE this restaurant!Special Features:
- Nice for special occasionPatGDined on 10/11/2014Nice ambiance. We had petit filets and they were not any better than the filet at Long Horn.... Bread/spreads delicious. Salad very good. Waiter - excellent. Potatoes au gratin was fairly greasy - but good. Need to have plain sweet tea.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceBuffaloLaurenVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful meal, the fillets were very juicy and flavorful. The Caesar salad was modern and even better with anchovies. The espresso was perfect. Great wine selection by the glass as well.Special Features:
- Bad night at FlemingsGsboDined on 9/19/2014Usually a great experience but nothing went well Friday. Seated us in the larger room area adjacent to the main dining room. Extremely noisy. Waiter introduced himself then took 15 minutes to bring bread and water. Very very slow start on the service but once we ordered appetizer and entree with a gap in between they brought them less than 5 minutes apart. Steaks we're cooked as ordered but by wife's sliced tenderloin was at room temperature. At that point we were done with the service so rather than sending it back we just ate up and left. Waiter never inquired why my wife's entree was untouched. We enjoy Flemings and will go back, this experience wasn't normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your ear plugsLoavesandfishes2VIPDined on 9/18/2014Service was excellent, food was adequate. We have been put at a table or booth next to kitchen last 3 times. Won't be there again. Along with, although great outdoor dance music, the inside music and loudness on all 3 visits made it so we were unable to carry on any type conversation. If you plan to go for a a quite, expensive dinner, certainly not the place to go. Basically, we ate and smiled. Unable to talk to each other or our guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellentNJG17Dined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at this Fleming's location. We frequent the Radnor, PA location and found ourselves lucky to find one near my son's college campus in Greensboro, NC. we were treated warmly and my son dug into his steak. We've found a home away from home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Our children gave us a gift card to Fleming's for our anniversary. We had a wonderful time. We made a reservation so no wait time. The service was great. We didn't have to wait for anything. Enjoyed the bread with spread, wine was good. Our food arrived on time and cooked perfectly. We shared the lobster and steak, I must recommend the carrot cake served with fresh whipped cream.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in GreensboroLarryK2LSDined on 9/7/2014I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I asked for my steak to be prepared medium rare, but it was served well done. None of our steaks were remarkable for their quality, but they were quite expensive. The waiter was friendly, attentive and did a good job, but that did not make up for the food quality and price.Special Features:
- Great diningGabeVIPDined on 8/29/2014Visiting my son in Greensboro, we decided to have a good steak dinner. My son suggested Fleming's. We had been here once before, several years ago, but wanted to try it again. The steaks were cooked to perfection. The service was considerably better than other steak places of this caliber. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a great meal. Robert was our waiter. Exceptional service from Robert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food3me3Dined on 8/12/2014I like the family style of dining with the side dishes. It fosters a better sence of community and family even when enjoying an evening outSpecial Features:
- Awesome night!winefriendlyDined on 8/7/2014The experience provided at Fleming's in Greensboro is always top notch! The staff is friendly and pleasant from the front door to the kitchen. The chef even came by our table to make sure we were having a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a special event!WarrenDined on 8/5/2014Hosted a retirement dinner for a co-worker and had a wonderful experience with great recommendations, top notch food, and outstanding service with a special touch. I have enjoyed Flemings for Mothers Day, an evening with my spouse, and a company occasion. Always top notch and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib1finedinerDined on 8/3/2014Excellent dining experience. We took our parents to celebrate their 60th anniversary and my dad said it was the prime rib he had ever had! Service was excellent and we really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- The following 221 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Greensboro reviews archive.
- Great Sunday/Monday Dinner DealTravelerDined on 7/27/2014We love Flemings for special occasions, or when they are having a "deal" as they do on Sunday and Monday evenings with their 3 course "Prime Rib Dinner." Service is excellent-attentive and knowledgeable without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Flemings ... more than a chainbudmoVIPDined on 7/21/2014Flemings is probably our favorite local restaurant for celebrations, special occasions, etc. The service is excellent and the staff is super responsive and friendly, but not hovering over you all the time. The quality of the food has almost always been excellent, and the few minor issues we have had (over a period of 5 years) with the food have been resolved promptly and courteously. I take wine from my own cellar and pay the corkage fee, but they have a great wine selection which I have used on occasion. We have been to several of their private wine tasting events and most of them have been excellent as well. This is not a cheap place to eat, but we spend a little more for those special times that we are go out to special places.Special Features:
- Great Prime RibPipeDreamDined on 7/20/2014Husband and I have returned here for special occasions. The food is always good, and the service is wonderful. I could recommend a somewhat smoother texture for the mashed potato side. Salads are good, so people who don't want a heavy meal will be happy with salad and a dessert. Yum!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014We had an amazing dinner and a wonderful dining experience with Aaron!Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerDryagedsteakfanDined on 7/3/2014Fleming staff were fantastic, attentive and very knowledgeable. Great recommendations on wine and the meat. Dry-aged NY Strip steak melts in your mouth. Dinner for two is pricey but worth it for a special occasion. Did not get to the bar area but it looked like fun. We will be going back again. Nice little gift at the end for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Trying to be something they aren'tJulieDVIPDined on 6/29/2014I was SO disappointed when dining here on June 29, 2014. Fleming's comes off as the same as a Ruth's Chris or Smith & Wollensky, but they fail when it comes to execution. You pay 5 star steakhouse prices for subpar food. I ordered the berry lemon drop cocktail to start and it tasted like straight lemon juice. Had to send it back after having my family try it and go YUCK! I asked them for a different drink, which came out fine. Then we ordered wedge salads to start -- totally not worth $10. Limp piece of bacon. No dressing. Chunk of blue cheese on the side. Finally, we ordered the seafood tower to share. It was MUSHY!! Crab meat was soft and disgusting. And hardly any seafood -- they've now taken off the oysters but kept the price the same!Special Features:
- Fathers DayDBostDined on 6/15/2014we went for Father's Day and he loved it. He got the special but we were able to order off the menu as the specials were too rich for the rest of usSpecial Features:
- Skip the prime rib!SoufletDined on 6/1/2014The steaks were excellent, but the Sunday special prime rib was probably the worst I have ever had. It was tasteless and had a funny texture. The waiter advised me gently that I would be happier with something else and I should have listened to him.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's Greensboro hits the markbiggiebDined on 5/31/2014Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or just a night after work, you can't go wrong choosing Fleming's Greensboro. I've eaten at several Fleming's, but Greensboro is especially good. The service is top notch- attentive without being overly so. Food is great & the wine good. Can't go wrong ordering steaks, chops or salmon. It's my favorite restaurant for any occasion, but really great for special occasions. When it's your anniversary they send you home with your photo & a special dessert. Just can't say enough about this location.Special Features:
- Not near what it used to be.foodie21Dined on 5/23/2014I have been going to Fleming's with my family ever since I was super young. We used to frequent the Cleveland location often, and had great meals. I have not been for about 2-3 years, and my, what a difference those years made. The items looked great on paper, but the preparation was so-so and the presentation was pretty awful. Fleming's is clearly expanding and spreading themselves too thin, and boy is it showing. Outback needs to reconsider their strategy with Fleming's, as I would rather go to a local place over Fleming's any day, especially since Fleming's prices are SO high. It felt like a chain, something I could never say about the Fleming's I used to go to. Not good.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Fabulous place for any occasion....great food, great management, truly 5 starsSpecial Features:
- AwesomeLuvinfoodieDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant is great in every way. Outstanding from beginning to end. Glad we caught the brunch special this weekend. It was incredible! Fantastic service and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 5/11/2014I have had great experiences at Fleming's in the past. I took my wife, mother, daughter and granddaughter for Mother's Day Brunch and was totally disappointed. it seemed that quantity of meals served was a priority instead of customer service. Pacing of servings was slow, coffee was not offered to be refilled, food was warm to cool on serving, wait staff did not have the proper dishes aligned with customers and one waiter dropped a dish of vegetables into my granddaughter's entrée. Service and quality of food did not match cost.
- Mothers Day Brunch was great!!!!!!!DBostDined on 5/11/2014It was a great place for Mothers Day brunch. The service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/11/2014Very nice last minute find. A little expensive but nice surroundings and great service.Special Features:
- A little too priceysouthernfoodyDined on 5/10/2014We thought the food at Flemings was good, but a little too pricey in our opinion. Most of the entrees are $40+ and there was nothing extraordinary about them...just good. The wine list is impressive, but I am fairly familiar with many of the wines offered and the mark-up on these was extreme, especially for only 6 oz of wine!Special Features:
- GreatVPresDined on 5/10/2014Fine dining at its best! Never had a meal or wine that wasn't superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentLeafpeeper2dayVIPDined on 5/4/2014Flemings is the "go-to" place for steaks and bar food in Greensboro. Service is always perfect -- not hurried. They may need to change the tables but we never hurried to finish.Special Features: