Fleming's Steakhouse - El Segundo
2301 Rosecrans Avenue
El Segundo, CA 90245Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - El Segundo
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/el-segundo
- Phone: 3106436911
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - El Segundo
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - El Segundo - Best Restaurants in El Segundo ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - El Segundo reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (96)notable wine list (73)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (45)romantic (43)vibrant bar scene (29)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (18)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- FlemingsprodinerVIPDined on 9/28/2014Haven't been to Flemings in a while, my dinner was outstanding, the service was outstanding. Easy to get to from where I was staying. I can't think of anything else that I could have wanted. The food was fresh, the wine was chilled, the service was great, and having a open table reservation always helps.Special Features:
- Horrible dinner experiencehere24VIPDined on 9/26/2014I'm Flemings customer since 2001. This was an awful experience. It was my birthday. Since the restaurant overlooked it 3 years in a row this time I told the manager, the hostess and even our favorite waiter who dropped by to say hello. And they all forgot again - now 4 years in a row. My guest and I ordered identical dinners (steak and lobster special). My guest's steak was grossly overtook, dry and tough. When the waiter did not return my guest ate it and said he never wanted to return. A loud drunken party of 12 people next to our table made it impossible to hear or converse. Service was adequate but not exceptional. The bad dinner was taken off the bill and we got free dessert. Finally the waiter neglected to validate the parking ticket.
- One loud mouth...WearyTravelerVIPDined on 9/23/2014Everything about my meal was excellent EXCEPT one thing. The noise level overall was what Open Table only allows me to euphemistically refer to as "energetic" and I'll admit that's not my preference, but fortunately I was alone and not trying to converse with a dining companion. The overall sound level was fairly noisy but reasonable. However, one of the customers at the next table literally YELLED (I'm not exaggerating) throughout dinner and frequently clapped his hands to make his point. Not run of the mill clapping, but gunshot loud clapping. Worst of all, I was directly in front of the loud mouth, so I'm sure I got the worst of it. I admit it's a hard for staff to confront a customer, but it should have happened in this case.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014One of my favorite places. I have enjoyed my experiences at 4 different properties. Consistent across the board, keep up the great work!Special Features:
- It was ok but service lackedn8080Dined on 9/20/2014The first thing I noticed was how dark it was inside. Immediately after that was the noise level. I couldn't even hear the waiter speaking to us. Then the food comes. I ordered a surf and turf with French Onion soup and a scallop appetizer. This was one of their specials. I started to laugh out loud when I received a small plate with one scallop on it. Is this for real? I had ordered a drink and there was still about 1 inch worth still in the glass when I went to grab it and the glass was gone. I told the waiter I wasn't finished and he apologized saying that he should have asked first and to hold on while he gets me a replacement. Well, was I surprised when 5 minutes later my same glass came back after being who knows where. Major fail!Special Features:
- Good first experienceSimoneDined on 9/20/2014Loved the atmosphere and service was excellent! Good steak and very good sides. We had filet, spinach and house potatoes. Unfortunately Diablo shrimp were not a good addition. They were dry and not flavorful. Service was great. Martinis were very good and they have an extensive wine list. There was even a list with half priced wines. We had a Spanish Rioja which was good. The bread and butters before dinner were so good too! We we would definitely come back to Flemings.Special Features:
- Too noisy for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014We went to celebrate the September Birthdays in the family. I booked there thinking we would fine an elegant place to dine but found a crowded, noisy place. My family says don't go here if you wish to have a elegant dining experience as you won't be able to follow conversation in a group of six or more. The ambiant noise is loud. The wait staff is friendly and the food delicious but the noise ruins the experience. It is a pricey place to dine on steak and not be able to hear the people your with.Special Features:
- midweek at FlemingsGregVIPDined on 9/17/2014We arrived 30 minutes prior to our reservation, but they seated us within 5 minutes, I like that service. The service was prompt and unending. Steak was as I ordered, and my wife had the small plate Short Ribs, which she liked very much. We are repeat customers, and will continue to dine at Flemings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, sketchy serviceoo63Dined on 9/14/2014Without a doubt, hands down one of the best premium bone-in ribeye steak I've had. I've been dining here for a while now but was stoked that they are now part of OpenTable's network of restaurants (which means easy 1,000 points for me as we dine here quite often). The service is kind of sketchy, by that, I mean it's inconsistent. One day, you'll get an outstanding server whom you don't mind tipping 25% (because s/he is THAT good). Another day, you get a server that clearly hates his/her job and clearly shows it to the point where you'd feel cheated just for tipping 10%. Quality of food on the other hand is always consistent.Special Features:
- Fleming's Never FailsDBush35Dined on 9/12/2014This was my third or fourth time dinning here. Service and food is always supreme. I always enjoy dinning here. It was a friends birthday, I had made the note in opentable, after dinner they had given my friend and box of Chocolates and a $25 gift card as a gift, which I thought was a nice touch. Will be returning to use that gift card :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal.RocketmanDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I have yet to have a bad meal at this location, and we hardly ever give 5 stars let alone in two categories!Special Features:
- Steak and Lob-sta!VfromHermosaVIPDined on 9/7/2014The amazing steak and lobster combination brought us into Fleming's without a prior reason to celebrate. For less that $50, we had an appetizer (scallop on cheesy grits), soup or salad and the steak and lobster. We were full when we finished and had to be rolled out. :)Special Features:
- We had an awesome experienceNinaManiaDined on 9/7/2014I've been to Fleming's Steakhouse once before, just on whim looking for dinner. That experience was nice. This time we were celebrating my daughter's 22nd birthday. From the moment we walked in, to the time we were seated, had our meal and received our dessert; the experience was top notch. The server gave a us great suggestions and explained the entire menu and all of the specials. The food was excellent, the service great and very attentive. The restaurant gave my daughter a $25 gift card and small box of truffles. We were very pleased. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Amazing!SoHollywoodDined on 9/5/2014Many places by the beach in Manhattan Beach don't have great outdoor areas and I was skeptical about going up Rosecrans cause of noise but Flemings has an amazing outdoor area and it's designed to block the noise and give you a beautiful view. We just went for my birthday and it was perfect! My parents were in from the east coast and loved it! The service was top notch, food was amazing and we will be sure to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MushmouthDined on 9/2/2014Kelley is an outstanding Waitress. She and the maitre'd, Ernest made my birthday celebration memorable. I also got a nice gift certificate from the manager which I will use on my next visit. My bone in prime rib was big and delicious but I'm a dessert person and the lave cake topped off a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner was a hitKristenDined on 8/30/2014We ate in the private room with ample space for a group of 12. Food and wine never disappoints. Staff was friendly and accommodating but we needed a little more assistance. We have been there before and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencePapaLionDined on 8/30/2014The meal was just as we expected - excellent. The service of staff and follow through of our service was just as excellent!Special Features:
- Great for that Special Occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014I have been taking my uncle to Flemings in El Segundo for his birthday for years. Always a great meal and great service. Hopefully we'll have many more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Many TablesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Possibly it was the location that I was seated at but it appeared that the El Segundo location had placed too many tables in the main dining room and it made for a very noisy and distracting meal. Servers passed by were too close and it was difficult to hear the friend I dinned with. We took our time with dinner and ordered coffee and dessert so by the end it was pleasant and most of the other guests had left.
- Very Good Food But NoisyLove2EatDined on 8/27/2014The food was very good. As the food is heavy, I would not want to eat here frequently, but this is a great special occasion restaurant. The restaurant is very noisy and unfortunately this takes aways from the overall experience.Special Features:
- No soup for you!BoneInPleaseVIPDined on 8/27/2014Fleming's is a good place to dine and you definitely pay to eat there. This time our experience was very mediocre. Our server was hard to understand and his voice wasn't loud enough to speak over the rest of the restaurant. A funny thing happened at dinner, they forgot our soups and salads and right from appetizer to dinner. When I pointed this out to our server, he just said sorry and offered no amends. Oh but he did offer to take the salads and soups off our bill. A kind gesture for food that was not brought out. Kind of funny how he acted like he was doing me a favor by doing this.
- A truly enjoyable eveningfoodiem0mVIPDined on 8/25/2014Thank you Fleming's for your terrific Sunday/Monday prime rib special!!!! What a treat!! SO often those "specials" are pared down offerings with lower quality ingredients - but not this special. We started in the bar for a happy hour round and the greatest carpaccio appetizer. We moved to the dining room and were instantly greeted by Chase our waiter extraordinaire! He helped us make our dinner selections and made us laugh when he explained that the carrot cake and lava cake were not for the caloric faint of heart - they were decadent and worth every bite - who cares if I need to exercise for days - it was all worth it!!! This was not a special occasion but the restaurant, the food and the service made it feel like one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good happy houreatingoutisfunDined on 8/21/2014We first sat outside on the patio for happy hour. Great drink specials. The food was ok. The pork belly was really fatty and not crispy at all. We weren't sure what the stuff on the side was on the dish. The calamari was ok but a bit soggy and not hot when it came out. The ambience outside was nice though. We went into the dining room for dinner. Service was great but it's pretty loud inside and this was a Thursday night. It was an ok dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food; service and noise..Bandi4901Dined on 8/18/2014Had the prime rib special - excellent. Service was not up to par. Server tried to remove a wine bottle that was not empty (had more than a glass left) and then tried to charge for the salads that were included in the prime rib special. Really??? There was no doubt that we ordered the special, which included choice of salad, one side and dessert. Is this a training issue or just a sneaky server? Inside is far too noisy - far more than the 'energetic' rating option euphemistically suggests. I know that this is not a new issue. Just don't understand why something isn't done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DickDickDined on 8/17/2014The Sunday special Prime Rib Dinner was as ordinary as it gets. The salad and dessert were very good. The Loaded Potato was excellent. It would be a stretch to say that the Prime Rib was anything other than fair at best. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Service and food is reliably goodReliablygoodDined on 8/16/2014I should note that the noise level was quiet in the back room where we sat. The front main room is very loud and lively. I liked our wait staff; he was attentive and checked on us constantly. I had the small plate petit filet mignon which was very good. We split a wed salad which was fantastic. We will be back.
- As Always Great DinnerSmlbsDined on 8/16/2014Consistently great food and great service. Thank you Mike Porter, you do a wonderful job. The food was perfect and so was the service, we will be back.
- ExcellenttigsDined on 8/16/2014From the bread and flavored butters to the molten lava cake, our experience was excellent. The flavored butters and the bread were both so vary tasty. The filet was cooked to perfection. The creamed spinach and sauteed corn were so delicious. The molten lava cake served with chantilly cream and ice cream was excellent -- good to the last bite. Our waiter was very attentive and the wait staff never let our water glasses get below half full. All in all, an excellent way to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- Great customer serviceChrisssaaDined on 8/15/2014The staff especially Michael and Alicia went above and beyond customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Steak placeSimonsVIPDined on 8/14/2014Had a client dinner here. Inhad the Grouper...was delicious but those who ordered the Steak were disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2014The service was excellent, the food very good, but not outstanding. The biggest issue was the noise level. It was almost impossible to have a conversation at a table for 4. For the price of the food, one would expect a less chaotic atmosphere.Special Features:
- BusinessdinnerDined on 8/12/2014CELEBRATED A BIRTHDAY HERE THEY GIVE YOU BOX OF TRUFFELS FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY AND A $25.00 CERTIFICATE TO USE LATER NICESpecial Features:
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014I was really looking forward to dining at Fleming's. The restuarant was beautiful. I was immediately impressed when we walked in. The service was impeccable. From the hostess at the front desk to our waitress to the food runner who delivered our food, I could not ask for more. So naturally these things only fuelled my anticipation of my meal. I ordered the three course prime rib dinner with cream corn and carrot cake for dessert. The presentation was beautiful and that it. I've had better seasoned and better tasting food at Denny's. If you are looking for a steakhouse try Lawry's or Smith & wollensky or enen Ruth Chris instead. We really wanted to like this restaurant, butt the food was a huge disappointment. I won't go back.
- Great steaksalbertopDined on 8/9/2014Great restaurant, steaks were absolutely delicious, creamed spinaches were the best we have ever had and also the cheesecakes were really amazing. Didn't shine on the service even though it wasn't a busy night, but the overall experience was great nevertheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedLettyDined on 8/9/2014The food was good but the service was not so great, we had reservations, my party and I checked in and the hostess told us she was going to check on our table and come get us when it was ready, we waited 10-15 min while I saw other people walk in and get seated right away, so I went back up to the hostess and asked if our table was ready, and she said yes, yet she never came to get us, After we sat down order drinks and food, everything was going good until the food arrived then it's like they forgot about us all over again, I had to ask over two times to have our drinks filled, and even more to get just a glass of water. For the price we paid for dinner I would expect better service.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerjame4cfDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed our 20th anniversary dinner at Fleming's, our server was outstanding, he suggested an amazing wine that complimented my meal perfectly. Get the Brie, it was one of the best things I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- no reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014You should offer more characters in the msg to the redtsurant. No review no review no review no review no review no review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014One waiter for 4 tables, (5 people, and three 2 people) all sat down within minutes. Service slow, took 3 hours before dinner complete. Sent one steak back for being dry.
- Restaurant WeekEat2drinkDined on 7/27/2014I went doing restaurant week my service was very exceptional however from time to time I do frequent the happy hour which is simply awesome always get great deals the staff is always friendly and Fleming's has a great wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjjfoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014outstanding service. Steak was fantastic. really enjoyed our dinner.Special Features: