Fleming's Steakhouse - Edgewater
90 The Promenade
Edgewater, NJ 07020Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Edgewater
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/nj/edgewater
- Phone: 2013139463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Edgewater
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Edgewater - Best Restaurants in Edgewater ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Edgewater reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)scenic view (30)notable wine list (24)romantic (21)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great TimeJohnbhudsonVIPDined on 10/29/2014Group of 6 booked at the last moment. Carrie at the bar is a gem. The food is amazing and the view was special. Ricky, our waiter handled all the curve balls we thru his way and kept us laughing all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime Rib Dinner (Sunday)Al428VIPDined on 10/26/2014For our anniversary, we were craving Fleming's Sunday Prime Rib dinner. It was delicious and highly recommended. Service was excellent and everyone we encountered was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great SteakGMendez1VIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was really good...well prepared appetizers, mains and sides. Service was very haphazard. Too many people running around like headless chickens. Our waiter was too distracted by activity which was happening around him for no good reason. They need to pull their staff together to serve calmly. There is a level of service I expect at this type of restaurant. It's not Outback Steakhouse. I would go back for sure, but on a week nights, not weekend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I were celebrating a special occasion in our lives . We unfortunately chose to go to Flemings. The food was without any flavor and the steak was nothing to remember. The worst of it was the waiter John . He made sarcastic comments through out are dinner and made us feel unwelcome and very uncomfortable . We have never received such bad service anywhere . We will never visit Flemings again.
- Expensive but good to a pointLuvFoodDined on 10/19/2014The waiter was very green & not attentive. Like basic items.. bread - brought when the appetizer came. My dad & I ordered the exact same item (Newport filet).. his filet was much larger than mine. You would think he'd pay attention - maybe one of us had the wrong order? The seafood tower came out in 2 parts. Waiter forgot the crab legs.. and brought them out when we were just about finished with our appetizer. I've dined here several times, food is always excellent,, but service could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveninglive2eatDined on 10/18/2014A group of us celebrated our friend's birthday on Saturday night. The quality of food was really good, although quantity wasn't anything to write home about. The wine selection was great as well. Our server was very accommodating and attentive. Would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Great view & entreesAmyFVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our server was very good yet we felt like she was "selling" us. I don't normally complain but my beet & arugula salad with pistachio's had two tiny beet halves and 1 pistachio nut! The waitress immediately sent the manager over and he was extremely apologetic and took the item off the bill. My husband didn't enjoy his colossal shrimp cocktail, as they were not very large shrimp. Our entrees, swordfish and NY strip were excellent and so was the creamed spinach. They made up for the disappointing appetizers.Special Features:
- Took a date here for her birthdayMikeKDined on 10/15/2014Our server was great! Only complaint I had was the lobster was a bit dry/tough. Otherwise the steaks were cooked to or liking. Well def be back to give the surf and turf combo another chance someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeachesDined on 9/21/2014A lovely restaurant with excellent food and very good service. They are very tuned in to personal needs such as specific food allergies if you mention that you have a problem.Special Features:
- AmazingSteakluva24VIPDined on 9/16/2014Flemings never disappoints serving and preparing the best meats to perfection! The service and the quality of food was simply amazing! I was celebrating a bday and they went out of their way to acknowledge it and gave us a special surprise gift!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/9/2014I eat at alot of steakhouses and this one can stand up to any of the best of them. It ain't cheap (NYC prices) but it is delicious.Special Features:
- Lovely Birthday DinnerLovesNYCVIPDined on 8/31/2014I treated a dear friend to dinner for her birthday. It was Sunday and the waiter recommended the prime rib special, which included salad, one side, and dessert. Tender prime rib. Yummy loaded baked potato and creamed spinach, which we shared. Fabulous chocolate lava cake. Just $30 each. The waiter was very attentive. And for her birthday, my friend received a gift box of four chocolate truffles. Ambience is warm with view of NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third tripVinnyDined on 8/26/2014This is my third visit and it is always great. Almost all wines are available by the glass and the prime steak is delicious. The chocolate lava needs 20 min notice but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!DannoDined on 8/25/2014Disappointed! We've been to a different location and the overall experience was much better. Great atmosphere like others but terrible service. We felt neglected and there was no presence of a manager. Have to get up to get our water refilled for a few times even during a slow night. The staffs here definitely need better training.Special Features:
- Outstanding service, great viewDinnner42Dined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service, great value, wonderful view of the Manhattan skyline. Extensive wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedRichDined on 8/9/2014Was not sure what was In store for us but once food was served we were in heaven. The food was delicious and our steaks cooked to,perfection. Sat outside and enjoyed the patio and the $5 wine /drink/appetizers until 7pm . Will definitely go,back,again.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant superb serviceGraceDined on 8/6/2014We went there for a special occasion with our 2 yo daughter. For those who have kids would know how hard to find a restaurant to accommodate a toddler especially come to fine dinning. The service of Fleming steakhouse is superb. Not only we felt very welcomed with our little one and they have friendly kid menu. The waiter David is extraordinary polite and meticulous to ensure our comfort enjoyment. Our daughter has milk and egg allergy, we have requested those ingredients to be taken off in some plates and he did a good job with that. They also prepared a special gift for our special occasion. The only thing if I would to be picky is the service is a bit slow consider it is a quiet Wednesday evening.Special Features:
- FAVORITE SPOTvicsevenVIPDined on 8/2/2014FLEMINGS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BRING FAMILY AND FRIENDS, THE SERVICE AND FOOD IS TOP NOTCH. ITS ON MY FAVORITES LIST AS ITS EVIDENCE IN MY OPEN TABLE BOOKINGS. WE CANT WAIT TILL WE CAN MAKE A NEW RESERVATION.Special Features:
- we enjoy this placelovegoodfoodDined on 8/1/2014We come about once a year and we do enjoy ourselves each time we come. The food and service is good and that why we come back each year. Even though they are in a good location to see the NY scenic view , while dinning you don't get to experience that much. We would recommend it to friends and family for the food and good service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak HeavenFastEddieVIPDined on 7/26/2014I have been a Morton's of Chicago loyalist ever since Arnie Morton opened his famous first haunt in 1979. That Rush Street Chicago staple has been there ever since and the maître D, Rachi has been there as long. I had my other favorite steakhouses nationwide as well. The Chicago Chop House, Chops in Atlanta and Lugers in Brooklyn all make the list. Move over boys, I found steak nirvana. The prime wet aged rib eye at Flemings has me in a trance. Already, I have been caught sleepwalking to Flemings in Edgewater, NJ. Great job ladies & gentlemen, you should be proud. Potentially the best prime aged steak I have ever tasted! The view of the NYC skyline is powerful and the dark mahogany setting is complimented by an attentive staff.Special Features:
- Great service good foodkrisDined on 7/23/2014Was highly impressed by the quality of our filets. Got to try the Taste of Summer menu, which was a great deal. But probably could've skipped it. App & dessert was just ok. The dinner was the highlight. Wine list was awesome & loved for the fact that it was on the Ipad for us to play around with! Would definitely come back & try out other Fleming's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Great ServicePatiBDined on 7/12/2014Our party very much enjoyed the overall experience. Our server was one of the best I've ever had! Some small things that did not go so well, but the staff took care of everything without question. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occassion. Prices are not such that you could make it a regular dining experience. --- be sure to try Fleming's potatoes -- outstanding!!Special Features:
- Great ServicePanchitoDined on 7/8/2014Food is delicious, and the people is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family MealfamilyDined on 7/4/2014We went on Juky 4th as a family- I have three kids under 11. The serer treated us well and accommodated the children like the other Flemings we have visited before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014We ordered the ribeye and it was filled with flavor! I recommend this place to anyone if you want a good steak. Also, for sides get their house version of potatoes and creamed corn. Really good! Only downfall is that they're pretty expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little rain didn't ruin the nighthockeymom16Dined on 7/3/2014This was our first time at Flemings and it was amazing. Fantastic waiter, food was great, the menu had something for everyone, beautiful restaurant/view. Highly recommend Flemings and will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- The following 250 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Edgewater reviews archive.
- Excellent dining experienceKenBVIPDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I had another wonderful meal at this Fleming's restaurant. I always order the Ahi tuna appetizer and the main filet mignon and have never been dissatisfied. This restaurant has a very well deserved reputation as an excellent steakhouse. We will be back soon for another good meal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can never go wrong4thoseWhoDineOutVIPDined on 6/22/2014We've been coming here for years. Whether the Happy Hour (5 for 6 till 7) you have to make it there for that. Or the prine rib Sunday special or just an excellent meal off the regular menu it's always right on point. The real gem there is Kristin who takes care of the bar and the patio. She is by far the best and we are very particular. She makes you feel at home. One can see that with her interaction with other customers. I hope Flemings knows what a rare gem they have in Kristin. If you haven't been there. GO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleFoodieNYCDined on 6/15/2014Food was bland, it was so noisy you can't hear anything, and the server practically threw down our dessert. At $50 per entree, one would do a lot better going elsewhere.
- Fabulous EveningRonnieVIPDined on 5/26/2014We enjoyed happy hour followed by a 3 course meal, bottle of wine and glass of dessert wine. Service was fantastic and sunset and night skyline stunning.Special Features:
- YumSpartanyc4Dined on 5/24/2014Loved the prime rib special. Starting the Fleming salad, it just makes you want more. we do miss the traditional ceasar salad which has been updated but is not as satisfying. The prime rib was pretty good with three sauces offered. Did I forget the mention the bread? Verry good. Finish off with a carrot cake it's time to unfasten the belt buckle. The wine offerings are pretty good. We personally love the macmurruy ranch pin or noir.Special Features:
- Give it a shotcasualdiningDined on 5/23/2014A bit pricey but tasty. Service was excellent. Steak was made to the exact cooking setting i requested (prime ribeye)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFlemingsVIPDined on 5/19/2014We decided to give Flemings another opportunity and I must say that the overall was an outstanding experience! It was my youngest daughter's college graduation and the service was impeccable. The Manager David as well as our server they were outstanding in the service and care for such a special occasion. The food, as always, was outstanding! This is definitely my place for weekend dinners and family affairs. Bravo!Special Features:
- Always Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/18/2014As always, the food, service, environment, etc. was absolutely outstanding.Special Features:
- Mothers DayGreekFoodieDined on 5/11/2014Went on 5/11/14 for mothers day Dinner. Party got seated right away even though we arrived at least 15 minutes early of our reservation. Courteous and attentive staff whom thoroughly explained food/wine menu and variety of cocktails (great whisky sour). Dessert was also exceptional in quality and presentation (Chocolate lava cake is 10/10). Great location in the Edge water promenade with scenic views of Hudson river and Manhattan. Valet parking is available for $5 and can be a lifesaver when the promenade is busy. Would highly recommend for any possible occasion (I dream of places like this opening for breakfast to serve bone in ribeye steak and eggs)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love, love love!luwillcrisDined on 5/10/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and it was a wonderful dining experience. The view was gorgeous, food was fabulous and will definitely go with my family again, and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steakhouseMamiFigDined on 5/3/2014Fleming's was exactly what a steakhouse should be and more. We went to celebrate my husband's birthday and from the moment we stepped foot in the restaurant everyone was so wonderful. They sat us immediately. The service was impeccable.The food was delicious. The steak cooked to perfection. The mushroom ravioli was unbelievable.We were too stuffed from dinner so we didn't order dessert. But the waitress brought us a to go box of truffles on the house along with a birthday card and a gift certificate as a gift to use when we return. Which we will do very soon! The view of nyc was stunning but what I liked most was how warm and inviting it was to dine there. It wasn't your typical, stuffy steakhouse. It's a must visit if you are in edgewater.Special Features:
- We always enjoy this diningMVorelDined on 4/29/2014After my being away from NJ for several weeks, I realized I wanted to go back to Flemings and enjoy a good dinner with my fiancé. The staff are always friendly and supportive and we enjoyed a great time eating several small plate dinners and drinking good wine. This is so convenient when in Edgewater and the best steaks around.Special Features:
- Excellent!OliveDined on 4/25/2014Excellent food and service, as always! Every time I leave, I am thinking about the next time I can get back! Food is flavorful, the service is great, never rushed and did I say the food is excellent!Special Features:
- Disaster Service at Fleming'sFlemingsVIPDined on 4/20/2014We made reservations for 2:15 for a party of 5. After waiting over 40 minutes I contacted the Floor Manager which was very accommodating and found us a table. Service was haphazard. The waitress was not experiences and disappear for long periods of times. The cutlery was dirty with food encrusted in it. It took over 45 minutes for the entrée to arrived...the waitress appeared with coffee but no spoons! She reappeared 15 minutes later with spoons for coffee and dessert (no forks for cake I guess!!) and announced 'Shortage of spoons at Flemings today!' All in all not a good experience... Will not come back... I left her 18% gratuity because I used to own a restaurant alhough the tip was not warranted. Not a good experience.Special Features: