Fleming's Steakhouse - Des Moines
150 South Jordan Creek Pkwy
Des Moines, IA 50266Neighborhood:
West Des Moines
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Des Moines
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ia/west-des-moines
- Phone: 5154572916
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Des Moines
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fleming's Steakhouse - Des Moines - Best Restaurants in West Des Moines ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Des Moines reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (6)romantic (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Superior Personal Service & FoodMiata13Dined on 8/19/2014When using OpenTable for our Fleming's reservation, I noted that this would be an anniversary evening out and our first experience with Flemings. Upon arrival, from receptionist, to waitstaff (Kate Hoff was EXCELLENT), to table servers, all acknowledged and congratulated us on our anniversary. Our table was pre-set with a welcoming "Happy Anniversary" card personally signed by staff. Upon departure, we were again treated to special service with a nice small gift box of chocolate. All these little special touches coupled with excellent food quality and personalized responsive table service made our anniversary and first experience at Flemings memorable...even during Restaurant Week when we chose the specially priced meal offering!Special Features:
- Superb ServicesejjVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our evening at Fleming's was a pleasure from the time we were greeted until we left following a terrific meal. The mushroom ravioli and tenderloin medallions were delicious. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- The following 121 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Des Moines reviews archive.
- Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We had a very nice time with our family at the brunch. However the naim course was cold for us when we received it. The eggs Benedict w filet was cold and the meat way to rare. We were not asked if this was ok when ordering. I love to come for dinner but I won't come for this brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meal to impress.FoodForThoughtDined on 5/9/2014Excellent service, wait staff very knowledgeable, did everything but actually put the food in our mouth. Had Tomahawk steak for two. Cut by chef tableside. Even offered to cut into bite size pieces for us. Offered to save the bone to take home to our dogs, which we did. Was there for my wife's birthday. Server presented us with birthday card signed by staff and a box of truffles. Very nice. Only complaint was our side of macaroni and cheese with lobster was a little dry. Other than that our experience was well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceTrainerTVIPDined on 5/3/2014I am always impressed with the service at the West Des Moines Flemings. They set the bar for other Flemings restaurants in other areas! Great food. Love the 5-6-7 menu in the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014The service was above expectations. It was very personalized, and the staff was very attentive. Food was delicious and the wine fabulous.Special Features:
- Great, as usual!SusieBoVIPDined on 4/24/2014We try to eat here each time we're in Des Moines...it seems like there's always a new dish to try and we're never disappointed! This time we tried the Brussel Sprouts side...it was excellent! We all tried different steaks...I had the small plate filet, which was great and just the right size...the other 3 had various cuts of steak and they were excellent and huge! Carrot cake for dessert...great, as usual. While it's pricey, the food is worth it and they don't rush you through your meal...we ended up sitting and talking for 3 hours!Special Features:
- first visit was very good.mattDined on 4/22/2014The food was very good, beef of high quality. Pretty expensive for this market but for those of us that are used to high priced dining, very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice...luv2eatDined on 4/20/2014PROS: We have been to Flemings several times. The service is VERY GOOD. They offer a variety of food choices including Gluten Free. We went for the Easter Brunch. It was delicious including gluten free selection. CONS: Good music selections but played a little too loud for normal dinner conversation. Prices are high.Special Features:
- Nice Wine ListDeniseVIPDined on 4/18/2014Steak was not spectacular but good! Wine list was great. Server was well informed. Asiago Lobster Corn Chowder was excellent!Special Features:
- Mr. VwineandineDined on 3/29/2014We had a group of six, the service was superb and the steaks were unbelievable. It's definitely worth money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodferrarif1fanDined on 3/26/2014The server was the best part of this visit, i have been to many Flemings around the country. The food is always excellent. They had several specials with lobster, the lobster mac and cheese i seleceted sounded awsesome, sadly they informed me they were out of pasta?? oh well, they comped me the lobster mashed and it was good. Our server mad the meal she was great and very friendly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedDisappointedDined on 3/19/2014For as pricey as this place is, it was way too noisy! While the food was very good, their service has some real qwirks. Why do I need to be offered a dark dinner napkin as an alternative to the light linen one at the table? Do we really need to try and pretend to be that snobbish? And please stop having your wait and bus staff try to keep taking my bread plate before I've even had my entree delivered. And if I'm going to drop $75+ per person for dinner I'd at least like to be able to have a conversation with my wife without having to shout. I shouldn't feel like I'm at a sports bar!Special Features:
- Good Stop On Our Road TripKansasfoodieDined on 3/16/2014The atmosphere, food & service was good but probably overpriced for what you got. Presentation of the filet order was unappealing by itself on a plain white plate. Even though the prices were high, the wait staff were very helpful and not snobbish. I did like that the wine ipad gave you the opportunity to view suggested wine pairings for the menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spendy but worth itmhotmailDined on 3/15/2014Great steaks and ala carte sides. The lobster mac'n'cheese was really good accompaniment to the bone-in filet. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Management?DmonDined on 3/14/2014I had a well written an substantial review of my experience at Flemings but was curtailed by the maximum amount of characters I could use. Let me sum it up: Did not get requested (two weeks in advance) booth. Service was inattentive. Food was just adequate. Had many previous visits and was extrememely pleased. Don't know how they've gone so wrong. Go to Outback for the same treatment/menu for a fraction of the cost.
- Excellent place however it is pricyfoodraterDined on 3/3/2014Excellent food, service, & ambience and it is pricy. I guess you get what you pay for. We spent what we thought was a lot for dinner, but for special occasions I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste bud heaven!AndreaDined on 2/16/2014The quality of the food and service in this restaurant puts the "average Joe steakhouse" to shame. My husband and I had a special dinner out two days after Valentine's Day---our first time at Fleming's. It put a good dent in the pocketbook, but as my husband put it, "It was worth it." He said his ribeye was about 5x better than the usual at a restaurant. I couldn't think of a meal I'd EVER had that was better. That's saying something. Highly recommend the small plate entree of sliced filet with shiitake mushroom risotto and porcini/butter drizzle----to die for! The wine, Fleming's potatoes, and chocolate lava cake were simply outstanding. We also loved the unexpected treat of a 4-piece box of delicious chocolates upon our departure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodTrainerTVIPDined on 2/14/2014I am always impressed with this particular Flemings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014You can always depend on Flemings for, good food and excellent service. It was an enjoyable evening with our guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porcini rubbed fillet wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014Porcini rubbed fillet was the best steak I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/31/2014Food, service and atmosphere all very good. Little on the pricey side however. We were not impressed by the hostessSpecial Features:
- Always enjoy the ambienceRonBDined on 1/23/2014Always enjoy the ambience at Flemings, but the service by the staff makes the experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, service & ambianceYolandaDined on 12/31/2013We were dining here for New Year's Eve. At other restaurants we have experienced hiccups on a night that is this busy but not tonight! Everything was spot on and absolutely superb! Thanks you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amateur night!FishboneDined on 12/31/2013This was our 3rd time dining here. As usual food was great. Servers knowledgable & efficient. We recommend sticking to a bday or anniv & avoid big nights. Our reservation was before 7 & the hostess said the coat room was full. No apologies. Our party of four had to stuff overcoats into our booth, which was cumbersome when using the restroom. Staff more hurried than usual. Most disappointing part of the evening- staff repeatedly took unfinished plates from our table. The bread, Salad, gone. One person in our party ate her dinner alone because the other three dinner plates were snatched up. It was embarrassing. The last straw was having the dessert we were sharing taken away. We spent over $400 on dinner & were rushed out in under 2 hours.Special Features:
- Pre New Years EvePackerFanDined on 12/28/2013Good stop for an early dinner for the new year. Steaks were absolutely fantastic. Service was good. but not at the usual high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatKathyDined on 12/27/2013Our recent dining experience at Flemings was good. Our waitress was very attentive and energetic. Temperature of steaks was moderate, despite our server saying "these plates are very hot." Plates were warm to the touch, not hot at all. Portions of side dishes seemed smaller than our past Flemings dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- have had betterTee17Dined on 12/27/2013Great ambience great service Food is mediocre for the price Expected much more than what was delivered for a 5 Star restaurant Ruth Chris and Gibsons run circles around FlemingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceChazmanDined on 12/24/2013The food was great! I can't say enough about the staff--very warm and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceEkenjDined on 12/24/2013Great food and romantic spot. Flavorful and tender steaks. You will spend a lot but its worth the money. Great for date night or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but way too expensivelovestoeatoutDined on 12/11/20132 of us went to Flemings for a special occasion and had a $100 gift card. Everything was excellent, food, waitress, waiter, everyone!! But.....even if I could afford every meal out here, I'd save it for only a special night once a year. I have had just as good steaks for less than 45.00 each. This was good food but not nearly worth the price. We had to pay $125.00 out of pocket on top of the #100 gift card for a meal with a steak each , a salad each, one side to share, one glass of wine each and one dessert. That is just ridiculous.Special Features:
- Anniversary TreatKCDSMDined on 11/2/2013My husband & I had our first dining experience at Fleming's Steakhouse to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We were very pleased with our experience! We mentioned we were celebrating our 25th anniversary when we made the reservation and felt the entire staff made our special occasion very special for us! We had a very intimate table, everyone of the staff that we visited with wished us Happy Anniversary and then the meal.... Exceptional! So glad we made this our dining choice ~ Would highly recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PreparationStkLvrDined on 11/1/2013The meal was prepared to perfection! The steak was cooked to a perfect medium rare! Shiitake stuffed ravioli was magnificent in its pairing with the filet and lobster tail. The service was beyond excellent. Will definitely be at the top of my list for the next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!sweetkerry1969Dined on 10/5/2013I treated my husband to a birthday supper and everything was fantastic. Barbara was particularly helpful, the electronic wine list was a nice new surprise, specials were spot on accurate in terms of taste and prep. Bottle of Duckhorn Merlot paired well with filet and lobster special. Special thanks for the gift of truffles, gift card and birthday card for hubby! We will be back again soon. Job well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday VenuenukegirlDined on 9/28/2013There was a group of seven of us that decided to go to eat at Flemings for my boyfriend and his daughter's birthday. I warned everyone in advance that it was pricey, but a perfect special occasion place. Needless to say, NO ONE complained about the price and was EXTREMELY satisfied with their food and loved it!!! We cannot wait to go back and it's worth every penny!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Steak HouseJeffVDined on 9/24/2013I have been to several Flemings in other cities and this location is certainly up to par with the rest. Classic steakhouse menu plus Small Plates with nice choices for those that aren't looking for a massive steak. I had the Lamb Chops from the Small Plates menu which was 3 lamb "popsicles", more than enough meat for what I was looking for, well prepared with a nice dipping sauce.Special Features:
- Tom's reviewCharlieDined on 9/19/2013Great restaurant, service and food. Costs more than normal but very much worth it.Special Features:
- Best steak everBlueknight193Dined on 9/14/2013Our steaks were the best steaks we've ever had. Flemings is a real treat for the ultimate steak loverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice in two weeksOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2013Food was good. Service was awful! The server sat our bottle of wine down on a different table, never decanted it but left the decanter on the table by the wine. Never came back to serve it to us. Never told us about the evening specials. Found out later it was duck, something that two of our members in our group would have ordered. We dined there over Labor Day and there service was awful then as well, Tis used to be one of our favorite places to eat in Des Moines. The service used to be very special, very personal, but not any more. Probably will not be returning anytime soon unless the service improves.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013Service was outstanding our waiter was prompt very courteous. Food was served just as requested & was very good.Special Features: