Fleming's Steakhouse - Dayton
4432 Walnut Street
Dayton, OH 45440Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Dayton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/oh/dayton
- Phone: 9373209548
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Dayton
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fleming's Steakhouse - Dayton - Best Restaurants in Dayton ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Dayton reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)notable wine list (34)romantic (30)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Dayton Surf & TurfsambyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent Surf & Turf special. Great service by Jerry. Everything cooked to MY specifications. The filet was succulent and the lobster tail was sweet and silky. They're sour dough bread is very good; better than most Flemings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014My wife and I booked a reservation for our second anniversary. She had the 6oz steak and I the grilled salmon, after a bowl of French onion soup and a Caesar salad that we shared. Everything was delicious! The prices are a bit steep, but well worth it, plus it helps to retain that this is a 'special occasion' restaurant.Special Features:
- Dissappointing ExperiencejeansbirthdayDined on 9/1/2014Food issues. green floater in water glass. Cold chocolate molten lava cake. Staff appeared overwhelmed w/no. of diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day - Fleming'sWoods85Dined on 8/31/2014I dined here for a date, and had the Sunday "Prime Rib" dinner special. Everything was excellent, as always. Atmosphere was wonderful, very attentive servers, and of course....the food was great!Special Features:
- Rush Rush Rush RushHorridDined on 8/30/2014We tried to move our reservation up a bit and were told they had no control over reservations. After telling the waitress we felt rushed and just wanted to linger slowly. We still were rushed. One of our party was still trying to eat his dinner when a team of busboys descended on us like CSI Crime Scene techs to clear plates as quickly as possible. We thought the manager was coming to apologize and instead rushed us asking if we need boxes. I was visiting from California and thought things would be leisurely in Ohio. It was horrible. At 60.00 a person I would expect to be able to chew my food without having to horf it down answering so many people coming to the table asking me Am I done yet? Am I done yet? Deplorable is the only word.Special Features:
- For the young, well-paid corporatesTR26Dined on 8/21/2014Fleming's seems to be aimed at young business types who don't mind showing off how they can spend money. The place is dark, tables are set up to accomodate groups, and on our visit there were several loud six- or eight-toppers full of after-work young executives, sharing $50 bottles of good wine and digging in to fabulously good steaks. The portions are gigantic, you must pay extra for salads or sides, everything is presented to perfection--if I were a young prosperous middle manager I would certainly dine here with colleages, but for older, modest, family types I don't think this is the milieu.Special Features:
- wines123VIPDined on 8/20/2014Dayton is a small town but if you are looking for a good place to eat Flemings is it. The wine list is nice and the bar is well stocked. Had the short ribs, they were really good as were the scallops. I would definitely go back on my next trip to Dayton.Special Features:
- Room to ExcelKEC1Dined on 8/20/2014Dinner for three. Shared appetizers and New Bedford scallops, peppercorn steak, and New Zealand lamb chops for entrees. Fleming's is best at their steaks and one should lean that direction. The scallops were overcooked and rubbery, although very pleasantly presented and flavored. Best side that evening was the mashed potatoes. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice Fine DiningMamaTDined on 8/16/2014We truly enjoyed Fleming's. It is higher end and the wine list is comprehensive. Nice for a special occasion and very romantic. There are Small Plate options for a lesser appetite, or not quite as pricey. I enjoyed the SEARED AHI TUNA with fresh vegetable salad, spicy mustard sauce (fresh vegetable salad was a tiny portion, the spicy mustard was too hot for me, but served on the side) my husband enjoyed the SLICED FILET MIGNON with shiitake risotto, chili oil, porcini butter drizzle. We shared the FLEMING'S SALAD (sans onions) candied walnuts, dried cranberries, tomatoes, herbed crostini, we also shared the MASHED POTATOES blue cheese, parmesan-peppercorn or roasted garlic all delicious!! We will recommend and will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waaay too pricey.FoodieDined on 8/13/2014The food was prepared well, but it's just way too expensive for what it is. 4 medium-sized shrimp in a shrimp cocktail for $17.95 is ridiculous in Dayton, Ohio. The steaks weren't any better than Paragon Club or Pine Club, and cost twice as much. I wouldn't go there again, because we have much better options around.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnersandymcDined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating several family birthdays. The service and food were both great.Special Features:
- professorFranny55Dined on 8/1/2014Our waiter, Chris was outstanding. He was extremely attentive to all our wants and needs. Thanks for hiring great people in your restaurant. The manager came over to check on how everything was going. We, of course, reported exceptional. Thanks so much again. Our first time to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious, Awesome, PerfectJadanDined on 7/30/2014This is honestly one of the best steakhouse chains in existence. I'm especially glad we have one here in Dayton. The restaurant week menu is incredible and well worth it. The steaks are cooked perfectly, the staff is extremely attentive and kind, and the seating arrangements aren't like those restaurants where you can't get by no matter how hard everyone tries to let you through. It's all extremely comfortable, delectable and worth visiting over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarnivoreCarnivoreDined on 7/27/2014Great food, excellent ambience, generally very good service. Excellent wine listSpecial Features:
- bobindyDined on 7/23/2014Too noisy; could not here the person sitting across from youSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceChuckDined on 7/16/2014Better than any other place I've eaten. Make me feel like part of the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moving up on my listZoninVIPDined on 7/10/2014The pork chop is to die for. It is the best you will find anywhere. Justin is a house wine and this brand is amazing. I love the Dayton service and scene.Special Features:
- Good food. Way overpriced.AmicusDined on 7/5/2014The food was great, but there are better places around Dayton for the same amount of money or less. I would eat here again if they cut their prices in half. $18 for shrimp cocktail (4 pieces of shrimp served basically with ketchup) is slightly beyond where I draw the line. That said, I got their Seared Tuna and a few sides, all of which were excellent.Special Features:
- Destination diningsagefoolDined on 7/5/2014We received an email about a prime rib special, we were free, so we went and tried it. We were not disappointed. The service was great, the prime rib was excellent (I was surprised to prefer the mustard dipping sauce to the horseradish sauce), cooked precisely to order and the signature sides were almost worth the trip by themselves. It was nice to see such a wide selection of wines by the glass. The only off note was the ambiance. I had always thought Flemings to be a dressier place than most, but the uniform of the day among the patrons seemed to be polos and slacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner experienceCreepusDined on 7/3/2014I was absolutely amazed at the quality of food, especially the dry aged steak, and the sincere care received by the staff. This place was absolutely the most wonderful restaurant I have personally been to. The steak was beyond par and the service was exceptional in every aspect. Completely worth the price. And a wonderful place for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlemingssteakoutDined on 7/1/2014Absolutely great food & service. A little expensive, but well worth it; the steak was the best I have ever eaten. A very special place for very special occasions, a must do.Special Features:
- Expensive but worth it.JazztelemachusDined on 6/15/2014Chris was excellent server, delivering good aged strip ($60!) & prime rib, both rare as we like. To die for: mushroom ravioli, creamed/cheesy spinach, carrot cake, Sonoma cab. The manager always comes around to inquire, and in the past we've had good service from several servers. Staff wished me Happy Birthday, both speaking, & a card signed by the whole crew! The prices are ample, along with the portions. Take-home leftovers make for a couple more meals. The rib is a Sunday special, $40 for 4 courses. Sometimes this location offers expiring gift cards, prolly useful at their several locations around the country. Costco sells the same deal sans expiration. NB: 5PM bar food $5 per plate. Crowded but exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in townHonestJohnDined on 6/2/2014Hands down, the best restaurant in Dayton. Exceptional service. Great steaks. Great bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Steak is not consistent, sometimes it is really good and sometimes it is just okay. For the prices, it should be great every time. Steven the server is great. Food came out warm, not hot. Great mac and cheese and creamed spinachSpecial Features:
- Great food and wine listGoBlueVIPDined on 5/28/2014Wine list shows wrong dates for many of their wines. Be careful to check the bottle. You will order a 2009 and they bring you a 2011.Special Features:
- Always goodKarenDined on 5/25/2014We can always count on Flemings for a great dinner and great service. We come here to celebrate special occasions as well entertaining potential business partners, good for both!Special Features:
- Not up to parDnkjDined on 5/25/2014There were very few people in the resturaunt during our visit, yet the service was not acceptable. We had long lags between visits from our waiter. The 2/4 meals were cooked past how they were ordered. If you want to charge $35-40 for a steak, I'm fine with that. If you don't know how to prepare them, I'm not going to come back again. The steaks were pretty bland regardless.Special Features:
- The following 228 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Dayton reviews archive.
- Still AmazingBobtheBuyerDined on 5/11/2014We took our Mother here for Mothers Day. Everything was amazing. I have never had a bad or even subpar experience here I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Steak, Great ServiceOhiowillyDined on 5/11/2014This was our second visit to the Dayton (Kettering/Beavercreek) Fleming's location, and we were not disappointed. Our table service was outstanding, and each item that was brought to our table was outstanding. Our salads were excellent; not everyday dull renditions, but tasty salads with a unique Fleming's twist. The signature Fleming's potato dish was outstanding, and our steaks were everything we'd hoped for, and remembered from our first visit. I'd definitely recommend Fleming's to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day SpecialRichieVIPDined on 5/11/2014Fleming's did Mother's Day right. Great limited menu, great service, and no rushing.Special Features:
- always outstandingewjwDined on 5/10/2014Our favorite place for special occasions, romantic evenings, celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodChuckDined on 5/5/2014The great staff, especially Richard our server, made our special occasion very enjoyable and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DiningFabulousDined on 5/4/2014Whenever we have guests come to town or need a special occasion spot, we always rely on Flemings in Dayton, OH. Great atmosphere, service is usually top notch, and an extensive menu. If you like wine, the list is extensive and there is something for everyone. Some of our favorites include: Sunday's "Prime Rib" special (some of the best I've had), Filet, Spinach dish, Flemings potatos, and for dessert, you can't go wrong with the chocolate volcano cake or delicious carrot cake...either one a "Slam Dunk!" We enjoy fine dining, and the price you pay at Flemings is worth it! If you want it SPECIAL, then Flemings is your place...it is OURS!Special Features:
- What a waste!!polarbear95Dined on 5/2/2014I was so excited to finally eat here after hearing how DELICIOUS it was. What a disappointment!! If you want a small, average tasting steak for over $50, this is your place!! It was extremely dark and felt like an old country club. The asparagus side was one of the best I have ever tasted! We love seeing how restaurants prepare it, because my wife and I have not found a way to prepare it at home that we love. But the "Filet" seemed more like one that I've had at Outback! If you are into overpriced, average food with extremely dark ambiance, Fleming's is the place for you.Special Features:
- enjoyable night outJandLDined on 4/25/2014Had been looking forward to visit for some time. This was great after a busy week and long work day. Food and service were excellent. Had the seasonal special entree and appetizer. Always interesting to try something not on the regular menu.Special Features:
- bobanleyDined on 4/19/2014Great atmosphere. Excellent for special occasions. Best steaks anywhere! Service is impeccable. Flemings potatoes outrageously delicious along with the perfectly cooked asparagus.Special Features:
- Solid PerformanceDaytonDinerDined on 4/19/2014My 14-year old son said that he has a new a new appreciation for steak! My steak was a perfect medium-well and my 20-year old son (whose birthday we were celebrating) had his steak perfectly prepared in the "Pittsburgh" style. Great atmosphere with a combo of class and flair because the wait staff were friendly, knowledgeable and worked well as a team. One nice touch was a waiter walking by noticed a napkin on the seat (my son excused himself to the rest room) and the waiter greeted us, took the napkin, folded it and set it on the table. When my son returned, he noticed that his napkin moved & was neatly folded. He was nicely surprised by the kind gesture.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014Dined here for our anniversary. Steak was very good. Spinach was fantastic. Mac and Cheese was wonderful. Both Tim and Andrea are great.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014Everything was superb and perfect. Thanks agin to the staff and chefs for making our special occasion perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Special DinnerKarenVIPDined on 4/12/2014We visit Flemings once or twice a year. I know beef prices have skyrocketed but sticker shock even for $32 chicken. Everything was wonderful and the service is top notch. I guess you just have to hold your breath when the check arrives! I guess for special occasions it is great! Next time we will go to the bar and try the bar menu.Special Features: