Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago
25 East Ohio Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/il/chicago
- Phone: 3123299463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jerl Griffin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Wabash
- Public Transit: Red Line - Grand Station; 36 Bus - Ontario & State; 22 Bus - Clark & Grand (Southbound) or Dearborn & Grand (Northbound); 65 Bus from Navy Pier - Grand & Rush.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available every day, $11.99. Ramp parking nearby ranging from $12 - $16 per hour. Our Valet Stand is located on Ohio between State & Wabash on the South Side of Ohio Street.
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)notable wine list (49)romantic (33)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (11)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Birthday Gifts and Prime Rib!GrayVIPDined on 8/31/2014During the summer prime rib special I was taken to Fleming's, on request, for my birthday. Unbeknownst to me my hostess informed our darling waitress, Sandra Smith, and Jason, the manager. They devised a very special evening and I felt like a princess....AND I had my rare prime rib!Special Features:
- HugoVIPDined on 8/29/2014Overall pretty good. Large wine list by the glass, ordered a glass of Bordeaux, wine guy tried to substitute with a full bottle of another wine, not cool, should have offered a glass of another Bordeaux. Server was excellent.Special Features:
- Great serviceMarioVIPDined on 8/29/2014We celebrated our wedding dinner here and the whole staff was great even though we did not have our usual waitress Sandra who is amazing, Andrew was greatSpecial Features:
- Another great experienceFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014This evening was another great experience at Fleming's. This was our first time in the Chicago restaurant but it did not disappoint. Our waiter Angel was terrific. He was extremely helpful and we had the opportunity to visit with him a bit. The manager, Lance came by several times to check on us and was very warm and friendly. The food and wine were outstanding. I can't say enough about the whole experience. When we are in Chicago next time we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShareeBabyDined on 8/22/2014Amazing! Service. Manager. Partners. All in my first night. Amazing experience! Coming back in 2 days. They just get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Always amazing...great location, amazing service and mouth watering food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant to try.NA11VIPDined on 8/15/2014Good restaurant to try. Good restaurant to try. Good restaurant to try. Good restaurant to try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Dinners on Sundays!BububearzDined on 8/10/2014We dined here because of their Prime Rib special on Sundays, which consists of a three course meal for $39.99. Location of the restaurant is great - within a few blocks of the Magnificent Mile and next to other great shopping places off of the Mag Mile. Is also just a few blocks from the bridges over the Chicago River, if you're staying in a hotel within the Loop like we were. Service was very good as was the food. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- dineoutVIPDined on 7/28/2014This review is for the summer specials, a bargain ,good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014The salad was delicious and I don't normally like salad. Pepper on the salad made a big difference. The scallopped potates were amazing. The steak with sides was great. The dessert was amazing with lots of vanilla ice cream and molten lava cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the guysc2amazeDined on 7/26/2014Dinner with the guys could not have been better. We paid a penny, but the meal is what shined. Yummy stuff!Special Features:
- AmazingDonAttyDined on 7/20/2014Spent our anniversary here while visiting Chicago. Pork belly app was amazing. And, the entrees/steaks were beyond amazing. They do a great job with the dry rub aging!Special Features:
- Last minute dinnerFool4foodDined on 7/18/2014Friday night downtown Chicago. Decided to have dinner while shopping walked in on this hidden treasure. The waiter was so good, he did a excellent job. Austin a bartender made a excellent drink it was a Manhattan made with makers. Truly enjoyed the dinner and the service. Excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings July 2014jimmyceeDined on 7/18/2014Great food and excellent attentive service. The wine list was extremely thorough and they offer 100 wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnyagVIPDined on 7/16/2014Fleming's us the best steakhouse in Chicago. It also has a spacious table setting allowing wonderful Privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ... Not crowdedbiffsmithDined on 7/15/2014Food, service really good. Atmosphere was low key. Not a bustling tourist locale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealcondonancyVIPDined on 7/7/2014Nice menu and specials - very good meal :) Enjoyed our very polite, knowledgeable waiter.Special Features:
- Couldn't be happier!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Nathan was our server and made my husband's birthday very special with great recommendations for dinner & wine selection. We split the Tomahawk and it was to die for! Cooked to perfection! Will definitely come back, and ask for Nathan when you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014The waiter was very good to help the group to pick the beef cuts, the cuts were very well cook!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnummagnumVIPDined on 6/24/2014Very disappointing experience. Service was below average & food came out cold! I visit Fleming's 3-4 times a week in my Flemings in Woodland Hills, CA. I know menu & how food should come out... Very disappointing experience tonight!!
- Awesome nightBdadinerDined on 6/19/2014We received fabulous bar service that continued up into dinner. Great recommendations and Matthew took time to provide special attention. The meal was fabulous with the filet's cooked to perfection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014The food was great. Excellent service! Our steaks were a little undercooked for us. However, they corrected the problem swiftly and we were very satisfied.Special Features:
- Consistently very goodDrDaveVIPDined on 6/14/2014Fleming's very consistently delivers very good to excellent food and service. The extensive wine list is a plus. Steaks are the high quality you expect in steakhouse, well seasoned with salt and pepper. They offer an option of rubbing with olive oil and searing on a hot plate which adds a nice crust. Ambience is very nice, dark steakhouse vibe. Server was a little slow showing up at the start and again at the end to bring the check, but everything was well-paced in between. Cold seafood tower was excellent. Doesn't get as much press as some of the Chicago steakhouses, but definitely a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWed!natlee68Dined on 6/14/2014We visited Fleming's Steakhouse for an early dinner before a concert and we were truly blown away by the superb service, delicious dining options and willingness to accommodate any special requests we made! The ambiance was fantastic and our server, Donny, was TOP NOTCH! Would definitely recommend and we will be returning for more!Special Features:
- flemingscharharp8Dined on 6/11/2014Steaks were overpriced, sides were ok. Service was good but server forgot about a drink I ordered after dinner, but I let it go because I was ready to leave. Not worth the price tag for me.Special Features:
- Flemings never dissppointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014I have been to many Fleming's including the grand opening in Scottsdale several years ago and it never disappoints. The service was a little dis-jointed but did not impact the overall experienceSpecial Features:
- Fleming's ChicagoBridge6Dined on 6/5/2014What a great restaurant, excellent bar service. The bar service was so good, we ended up having dinner there and not at a table. We loved the bar vibe and stayed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2014Although we arrived early, we were offered the option of being seated. It was Monday evening and the place was beginning to pick-up. Service was prompt and attentive. The waiter offered solutions & recommendations. The steaks were tender & delicious. The "chilled" fork for the salad was an interesting surprise. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Special Ocassion- value for $?lisaVIPDined on 6/1/20144 of us ordered variations on beef and lobster. They were good. Service with Terry was exceptional. She was the right combination of being very friendly yet professional. Cesear salad was really good. I had been to the flemings in Lincolnshire, and this one seemed to be more of a business crowd as you would expect. The sides were very good- we had garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and asparagus. creamed spinach was unique- had a little kick to it. Portions on the sides seemed small compared to the kinds of sides you get in other steak houses or fine restaurants (ruths chris, wildfire, etc). I thought the meal was very good, but pricy in the end for the portions. i think i'd go back to lincolnshire instead and save on the parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014Fantastic food and superb service. Fleming's is THE place for steaks in Chicago. Not to be missed on a visit to the Windy City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/29/2014I was seated in the bar area on the second level. It was busy but a nice place to eat. There was a nice view of the street and two tvs. The waiter said the crab legs were 16 oz and four large legs were served at my table.Special Features:
- Great SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2014The salmon was perfectly paired with vinegarette and vegetables. The waitress was very helpful and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with wines1honestfoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I had 3 small plates and a salad. This is a good option for people who are not big on steaks. The food ranged from good (scallops) to the ahi tuna which was excellent. We really had a fun time using the iPad to look at the suggested wine pairings. It was the chance to choose from over 100 wines by the glass that made this dinner for us. Our server was outstanding. He knew the food and the wines and was perfectly attentive. Overall, we really enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Great staffPickyVIPDined on 5/25/2014Their team is always top notch. Great good service and value. Forget Ruths Chris and the others. Equal quality without the attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenSDined on 5/23/2014The food was phenomenal and the service even better! Overall fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/22/2014Service and food at Flemings anywhere is always outstanding. A sure thing in all respects. At the 25 E. Ohio Street, Chicago Flemings, ask for Sandra.Special Features:
- GraduationjaydotdotyDined on 5/17/2014I went here to celebrate my and my mother's graduation from college and it was a delight. Complimentary champagne, amazing food, great service, and they gave us a little truffle present at the end. Very enjoyable, very cool.Special Features:
- Outstanding Meal, Best Service EverleschreiberDined on 5/10/2014I can't recommend Flemings Steakhouse enough! The food was incredible - not too rich, but extremely flavorful. The menu selection was diverse, something unique for everyone. And the wine list was amazing. Kelly is the best waitress I think I've ever had the pleasure of working with! So kind, and extremely funny! As much as I love Joe's, and I do love Joe's, I feel like Flemings doesn't get the kudos it deserves. The place is top-notch and definitely exceeds many of the other steakhouses I've been to.Special Features:
- Over the tooDaveGDined on 5/10/2014Fleming Chicago is got to be one of the best restaurants in the city. I find that their service is always excellent the atmosphere is extremely friendly and homey and that the food is just great. I've tried several of the steakhouses in Chicago and Flemings is absolutely at the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014We chose the special of the day - ribeye and it was brilliant! We once went to Gibson but their steak was awful and I thought steak in Chicago is just so so, but I really like the steak here!!! Bread with cheese is sooooooo tasty!Special Features:
- The following 428 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago reviews archive.