Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago
25 East Ohio Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/il/chicago
- Phone: 3123299463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jerl Griffin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Wabash
- Public Transit: Red Line - Grand Station; 36 Bus - Ontario & State; 22 Bus - Clark & Grand (Southbound) or Dearborn & Grand (Northbound); 65 Bus from Navy Pier - Grand & Rush.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available every day, $11.99. Ramp parking nearby ranging from $12 - $16 per hour. Our Valet Stand is located on Ohio between State & Wabash on the South Side of Ohio Street.
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)notable wine list (51)good for groups (35)romantic (34)fit for foodies (27)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (14)great for lunch (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great B'day DinnerJGipsonDined on 9/13/2014I had a great birthday dinner this past weekend. Angel, my server, was amazing and had great recommendations. The scallops are sublime. For my entree, i had the filet and lobster and it was succulent. Will be going again!!Special Features:
- DisappointedmarthaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Loved Flemings in Charlotte, but very disappointed with everything at this one in Chicago. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Great bone in RibeyeskidocVIPDined on 9/12/2014Another great steakhouse in Chicago. Crab cakes were excellent. Loved the bone in ribeye cooked to perfection. Wife had a nice filet. The sides are not gigantic like the other steakhouses. Smaller appetizers as well. The calamari was also quite good. They have private rooms for larger parties and meetings. Service is impeccable and friendly. Near the mag mile and Marriott hotel. Great location. More reasonably priced than Gibsons or Mastros.Special Features:
- Fleming'sDadof5Dined on 9/11/2014Excellently prepared steaks. Highly recommended. Great drinks too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Outstanding food but long wait time when you are with a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I picked Fleming's to entertain some clients as I am from Newport Beach, California and always have an outstanding experience at my local Fleming's. I felt the food in Chicago was just ok but nothing outstanding. The service was good but again, not what I have come to expect.
- SuperbMrTaylor1Dined on 9/7/2014I have been to Fleming's quite a few times in the past and this last time, I enjoyed as usual and look forward to going back again. I had the Filet Mignon and Lobster special and when I mean superb I mean superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKnowledgematters1stDined on 9/6/2014One of the best restaurant experience, I've had. From the waiter to the Manager! Everyone was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine ListktbugDined on 9/5/2014They had their wine list on an iPad which was great. You could see what paired with what you were going to order.Special Features:
- Excellent service & food.AltoDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant in a steak heavy city serves itself well. The service provide was outstanding as the restaurant accommodated for a gluten free member of our party. Lost one star due noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration for 3REBrokerDined on 9/4/2014Good happy hour menu/prices. Always love the chili calamari and also the baked brie (appetizers). Table/Booth service in the bar tends to be quite slow when it's busy. Our server was nice enough, but seemed to be "new". Drinks, the 2 apps, one pork chop, one steak/lobster special (I only knew about this since it was online-they didn't have specials posted and server didn't tell us about it until I asked about it specifically), one steak, side of mushrooms (will pass on those next time), side of Fleming potatoes (YUM), and one carrot cake.... for $250 plus, $50 tip (even though we were less than thrilled with the service; I was a server before and think it's good to tip 20% min)....$300 all in for 3 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Gifts and Prime Rib!GrayVIPDined on 8/31/2014During the summer prime rib special I was taken to Fleming's, on request, for my birthday. Unbeknownst to me my hostess informed our darling waitress, Sandra Smith, and Jason, the manager. They devised a very special evening and I felt like a princess....AND I had my rare prime rib!Special Features:
- HugoVIPDined on 8/29/2014Overall pretty good. Large wine list by the glass, ordered a glass of Bordeaux, wine guy tried to substitute with a full bottle of another wine, not cool, should have offered a glass of another Bordeaux. Server was excellent.Special Features:
- Great serviceMarioVIPDined on 8/29/2014We celebrated our wedding dinner here and the whole staff was great even though we did not have our usual waitress Sandra who is amazing, Andrew was greatSpecial Features:
- Another great experienceFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014This evening was another great experience at Fleming's. This was our first time in the Chicago restaurant but it did not disappoint. Our waiter Angel was terrific. He was extremely helpful and we had the opportunity to visit with him a bit. The manager, Lance came by several times to check on us and was very warm and friendly. The food and wine were outstanding. I can't say enough about the whole experience. When we are in Chicago next time we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShareeBabyDined on 8/22/2014Amazing! Service. Manager. Partners. All in my first night. Amazing experience! Coming back in 2 days. They just get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Always amazing...great location, amazing service and mouth watering food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant to try.NA11VIPDined on 8/15/2014Good restaurant to try. Good restaurant to try. Good restaurant to try. Good restaurant to try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Dinners on Sundays!BububearzDined on 8/10/2014We dined here because of their Prime Rib special on Sundays, which consists of a three course meal for $39.99. Location of the restaurant is great - within a few blocks of the Magnificent Mile and next to other great shopping places off of the Mag Mile. Is also just a few blocks from the bridges over the Chicago River, if you're staying in a hotel within the Loop like we were. Service was very good as was the food. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- dineoutVIPDined on 7/28/2014This review is for the summer specials, a bargain ,good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014The salad was delicious and I don't normally like salad. Pepper on the salad made a big difference. The scallopped potates were amazing. The steak with sides was great. The dessert was amazing with lots of vanilla ice cream and molten lava cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the guysc2amazeDined on 7/26/2014Dinner with the guys could not have been better. We paid a penny, but the meal is what shined. Yummy stuff!Special Features:
- AmazingDonAttyDined on 7/20/2014Spent our anniversary here while visiting Chicago. Pork belly app was amazing. And, the entrees/steaks were beyond amazing. They do a great job with the dry rub aging!Special Features:
- Last minute dinnerFool4foodDined on 7/18/2014Friday night downtown Chicago. Decided to have dinner while shopping walked in on this hidden treasure. The waiter was so good, he did a excellent job. Austin a bartender made a excellent drink it was a Manhattan made with makers. Truly enjoyed the dinner and the service. Excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings July 2014jimmyceeDined on 7/18/2014Great food and excellent attentive service. The wine list was extremely thorough and they offer 100 wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnyagVIPDined on 7/16/2014Fleming's us the best steakhouse in Chicago. It also has a spacious table setting allowing wonderful Privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ... Not crowdedbiffsmithDined on 7/15/2014Food, service really good. Atmosphere was low key. Not a bustling tourist locale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealcondonancyVIPDined on 7/7/2014Nice menu and specials - very good meal :) Enjoyed our very polite, knowledgeable waiter.Special Features:
- Couldn't be happier!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Nathan was our server and made my husband's birthday very special with great recommendations for dinner & wine selection. We split the Tomahawk and it was to die for! Cooked to perfection! Will definitely come back, and ask for Nathan when you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014The waiter was very good to help the group to pick the beef cuts, the cuts were very well cook!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnummagnumVIPDined on 6/24/2014Very disappointing experience. Service was below average & food came out cold! I visit Fleming's 3-4 times a week in my Flemings in Woodland Hills, CA. I know menu & how food should come out... Very disappointing experience tonight!!
- Awesome nightBdadinerDined on 6/19/2014We received fabulous bar service that continued up into dinner. Great recommendations and Matthew took time to provide special attention. The meal was fabulous with the filet's cooked to perfection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014The food was great. Excellent service! Our steaks were a little undercooked for us. However, they corrected the problem swiftly and we were very satisfied.Special Features:
- Consistently very goodDrDaveVIPDined on 6/14/2014Fleming's very consistently delivers very good to excellent food and service. The extensive wine list is a plus. Steaks are the high quality you expect in steakhouse, well seasoned with salt and pepper. They offer an option of rubbing with olive oil and searing on a hot plate which adds a nice crust. Ambience is very nice, dark steakhouse vibe. Server was a little slow showing up at the start and again at the end to bring the check, but everything was well-paced in between. Cold seafood tower was excellent. Doesn't get as much press as some of the Chicago steakhouses, but definitely a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWed!natlee68Dined on 6/14/2014We visited Fleming's Steakhouse for an early dinner before a concert and we were truly blown away by the superb service, delicious dining options and willingness to accommodate any special requests we made! The ambiance was fantastic and our server, Donny, was TOP NOTCH! Would definitely recommend and we will be returning for more!Special Features:
- flemingscharharp8Dined on 6/11/2014Steaks were overpriced, sides were ok. Service was good but server forgot about a drink I ordered after dinner, but I let it go because I was ready to leave. Not worth the price tag for me.Special Features:
- Flemings never dissppointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014I have been to many Fleming's including the grand opening in Scottsdale several years ago and it never disappoints. The service was a little dis-jointed but did not impact the overall experienceSpecial Features:
- Fleming's ChicagoBridge6Dined on 6/5/2014What a great restaurant, excellent bar service. The bar service was so good, we ended up having dinner there and not at a table. We loved the bar vibe and stayed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2014Although we arrived early, we were offered the option of being seated. It was Monday evening and the place was beginning to pick-up. Service was prompt and attentive. The waiter offered solutions & recommendations. The steaks were tender & delicious. The "chilled" fork for the salad was an interesting surprise. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Special Ocassion- value for $?lisaVIPDined on 6/1/20144 of us ordered variations on beef and lobster. They were good. Service with Terry was exceptional. She was the right combination of being very friendly yet professional. Cesear salad was really good. I had been to the flemings in Lincolnshire, and this one seemed to be more of a business crowd as you would expect. The sides were very good- we had garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and asparagus. creamed spinach was unique- had a little kick to it. Portions on the sides seemed small compared to the kinds of sides you get in other steak houses or fine restaurants (ruths chris, wildfire, etc). I thought the meal was very good, but pricy in the end for the portions. i think i'd go back to lincolnshire instead and save on the parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.