Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago
25 East Ohio Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/il/chicago
- Phone: 3123299463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jerl Griffin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Wabash
- Public Transit: Red Line - Grand Station; 36 Bus - Ontario & State; 22 Bus - Clark & Grand (Southbound) or Dearborn & Grand (Northbound); 65 Bus from Navy Pier - Grand & Rush.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available every day, $11.99. Ramp parking nearby ranging from $12 - $16 per hour. Our Valet Stand is located on Ohio between State & Wabash on the South Side of Ohio Street.
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)notable wine list (51)romantic (37)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceCJDiningVIPDined on 10/23/2014We started with the mushroom ravioli appetizer. Very good with the brown butter sauce. We both ordered the Newport filet medium rare. It's the perfect size and comes with the Fleming's potatoes. We ordered a side of the creamed spinach. Again, very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!KJREDWINELVRSDined on 10/22/2014My husband and I had earned a $40 Amex dining credit to Fleming's so we took a free evening and decided to give it a try. I was so impressed with the entire process. We were warmly greeted upon our arrival, taken to a table of our choice (highly recommend dining in front of the upstairs windows as it offers a beautiful view with all of the city lights on display!), and even asked if we would prefer light or dark napkins! Nice touch:) We are wine enthusiasts and regrettfully the bottle we selected was not a good choice . The waiter took it upon himself to get the manager and they allowed us another selction and did not charge us for the first bottle. We found this to be very gracious. Food was excellent! We will definately return!!Special Features:
- DeliciousJYIIIDined on 10/21/2014Been here many times and the food is always great and the staff is very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentRickyPorkchopsDined on 10/19/2014I've had great dining experiences at the Fleming's chain of steak houses in Los Angeles and was looking for the same attention to detail, service and food while in Chicago, and that's what we got. The porterhouse we ordered came just the way we ordered it (true medium), and it was delicious. The wait staff was friendly and attentive without hovering. Definately recommend this place to my steak loving friends.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentforkfantasyDined on 10/18/2014Flemings never disappoints me. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IlliniBillDined on 10/17/2014Very good food; attentive waiter; good wine choices. Expensive but fair pricing.Special Features:
- Good restaurantJenBaronVIPDined on 10/12/2014Overall, we were impressed with the food. We chose prime rib with various sides. Perhaps one of the best prime rib dinners we've had. Room is lovely and Good cocktails! My only disappointment was the service. At first the waiter was quite friendly, but he was inconsistent in his attention to us VS other tables around us. He spent an inordinate amount of time with a table behind us and was quite chatty and friendly with them. We started to get the feeling that he simply did not like us personally. Kind of odd. One would expect consistent service and attention. It was not a busy night so it was hard not to notice that we were not treated the same. Too bad. We might have come back but there are too many other great steak houses in the city.
- Very Good Food & ServiceDarlineSVIPDined on 10/11/2014We had a very capable waiter who made some excellent suggestions. With so many steak houses in Chicago, Flemings food holds its own. It also has a very nice atmosphere. It has a comformortable and upperscale casual vibe. We ordered a filet and ribeye, both were done perfectly. Only gripe is we ordered a side of mashed potatoes to share. Generally, steak restaurants have very generous side for sharing. I thought this side was a littl small if its intended to share. Otherwise, a really good dining experience.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse!OlyaZDined on 10/8/2014This was our first time here. We were a group of five, with a newborn. We were seated promptly, the service was excellent, and the food outstanding. We will be back again soon!!!!!Special Features:
- PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014The service and Steaks are prime at this place! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service & food!McflyVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is a restaurant that REALLY gets it right!! We had superior service from everyone, waiter, manager etc. Their food was outstanding and one thing we liked it that they had a iPad with a interactive wine list that was awesome! Food was VERY good. One of THEE best steaks we've had in Chicago. And don't forget dessert. We had THEE best chocolate molten cakes ever! THAT ONE went to the head of the class!! A bit pricey but when that is backed up by great value, then its not an issue!Special Features:
- It's okayzippyVIPDined on 10/2/2014The bone-in strip was seared with a good flavor, but they could not get it cooked to my liking (medium-well) even with two attempts. The staff and management were very attentive. The place is getting a little old and their is a slight damp smell in the place (stronger in the bar area downstairs that it is upstairs). I liked the Fleming salad and the ice cream more than the steak. However, it was okay for the most part.Special Features:
- One of the bestDaveGVIPDined on 9/27/2014Flemings in Chicago is one of the best steakhouses in the city. I've been to several others and I find that this is just one of the best for atmosphere food and their service. The managers, chef, the servers are all very attentive and personable It makes it more like family!! Great place!!Special Features:
- johnVIPDined on 9/27/2014Celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary, the staff made us feel very special! So glad we celebrated here. The food was awesome but the service made our night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing StaffArrowtiniVIPDined on 9/25/2014We love coming here for dinner and a nice bottle of wine. The staff is ever so friendly and accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerlive2eatDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a sumptuous dinner of excellently prepared steak and lobster. The complimentary truffle was a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great B'day DinnerJGipsonDined on 9/13/2014I had a great birthday dinner this past weekend. Angel, my server, was amazing and had great recommendations. The scallops are sublime. For my entree, i had the filet and lobster and it was succulent. Will be going again!!Special Features:
- DisappointedmarthaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Loved Flemings in Charlotte, but very disappointed with everything at this one in Chicago. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Great bone in RibeyeskidocVIPDined on 9/12/2014Another great steakhouse in Chicago. Crab cakes were excellent. Loved the bone in ribeye cooked to perfection. Wife had a nice filet. The sides are not gigantic like the other steakhouses. Smaller appetizers as well. The calamari was also quite good. They have private rooms for larger parties and meetings. Service is impeccable and friendly. Near the mag mile and Marriott hotel. Great location. More reasonably priced than Gibsons or Mastros.Special Features:
- Fleming'sDadof5Dined on 9/11/2014Excellently prepared steaks. Highly recommended. Great drinks too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Outstanding food but long wait time when you are with a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I picked Fleming's to entertain some clients as I am from Newport Beach, California and always have an outstanding experience at my local Fleming's. I felt the food in Chicago was just ok but nothing outstanding. The service was good but again, not what I have come to expect.
- SuperbMrTaylor1Dined on 9/7/2014I have been to Fleming's quite a few times in the past and this last time, I enjoyed as usual and look forward to going back again. I had the Filet Mignon and Lobster special and when I mean superb I mean superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKnowledgematters1stDined on 9/6/2014One of the best restaurant experience, I've had. From the waiter to the Manager! Everyone was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine ListktbugDined on 9/5/2014They had their wine list on an iPad which was great. You could see what paired with what you were going to order.Special Features:
- Excellent service & food.AltoDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant in a steak heavy city serves itself well. The service provide was outstanding as the restaurant accommodated for a gluten free member of our party. Lost one star due noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration for 3REBrokerDined on 9/4/2014Good happy hour menu/prices. Always love the chili calamari and also the baked brie (appetizers). Table/Booth service in the bar tends to be quite slow when it's busy. Our server was nice enough, but seemed to be "new". Drinks, the 2 apps, one pork chop, one steak/lobster special (I only knew about this since it was online-they didn't have specials posted and server didn't tell us about it until I asked about it specifically), one steak, side of mushrooms (will pass on those next time), side of Fleming potatoes (YUM), and one carrot cake.... for $250 plus, $50 tip (even though we were less than thrilled with the service; I was a server before and think it's good to tip 20% min)....$300 all in for 3 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Gifts and Prime Rib!GrayVIPDined on 8/31/2014During the summer prime rib special I was taken to Fleming's, on request, for my birthday. Unbeknownst to me my hostess informed our darling waitress, Sandra Smith, and Jason, the manager. They devised a very special evening and I felt like a princess....AND I had my rare prime rib!Special Features:
- HugoVIPDined on 8/29/2014Overall pretty good. Large wine list by the glass, ordered a glass of Bordeaux, wine guy tried to substitute with a full bottle of another wine, not cool, should have offered a glass of another Bordeaux. Server was excellent.Special Features:
- Great serviceMarioVIPDined on 8/29/2014We celebrated our wedding dinner here and the whole staff was great even though we did not have our usual waitress Sandra who is amazing, Andrew was greatSpecial Features:
- Another great experienceFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014This evening was another great experience at Fleming's. This was our first time in the Chicago restaurant but it did not disappoint. Our waiter Angel was terrific. He was extremely helpful and we had the opportunity to visit with him a bit. The manager, Lance came by several times to check on us and was very warm and friendly. The food and wine were outstanding. I can't say enough about the whole experience. When we are in Chicago next time we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShareeBabyDined on 8/22/2014Amazing! Service. Manager. Partners. All in my first night. Amazing experience! Coming back in 2 days. They just get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Always amazing...great location, amazing service and mouth watering food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant to try.NA11VIPDined on 8/15/2014Good restaurant to try. Good restaurant to try. Good restaurant to try. Good restaurant to try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Dinners on Sundays!BububearzDined on 8/10/2014We dined here because of their Prime Rib special on Sundays, which consists of a three course meal for $39.99. Location of the restaurant is great - within a few blocks of the Magnificent Mile and next to other great shopping places off of the Mag Mile. Is also just a few blocks from the bridges over the Chicago River, if you're staying in a hotel within the Loop like we were. Service was very good as was the food. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- dineoutVIPDined on 7/28/2014This review is for the summer specials, a bargain ,good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014The salad was delicious and I don't normally like salad. Pepper on the salad made a big difference. The scallopped potates were amazing. The steak with sides was great. The dessert was amazing with lots of vanilla ice cream and molten lava cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the guysc2amazeDined on 7/26/2014Dinner with the guys could not have been better. We paid a penny, but the meal is what shined. Yummy stuff!Special Features:
- AmazingDonAttyDined on 7/20/2014Spent our anniversary here while visiting Chicago. Pork belly app was amazing. And, the entrees/steaks were beyond amazing. They do a great job with the dry rub aging!Special Features:
- Last minute dinnerFool4foodVIPDined on 7/18/2014Friday night downtown Chicago. Decided to have dinner while shopping walked in on this hidden treasure. The waiter was so good, he did a excellent job. Austin a bartender made a excellent drink it was a Manhattan made with makers. Truly enjoyed the dinner and the service. Excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.