Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte
210 East Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/nc/charlotte
- Phone: 7043334266
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte
Fleming’s Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (58)notable wine list (52)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Special AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We arrived about 5 minutes prior to our reservation time and were immediately escorted to our table. We began with sweet chili calamari as an appetizer which was deliciousl. We both chose the main filet mignon which was cooked to perfection. My husband also had the crab legs and I had blackened scallops which we shared. Everything about the dinner was wonderful and we intent to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Always excellentTonjacDined on 8/25/2014Whenever I have out of town guests I want to impress, I take them to Fleming's. I know the experience will be worth whatever the cost, which is very reasonable given the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jut OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Ordered a 8oz. filet with a cold water lobster tail. Both had no flavor. I was very disappointed. Would rather spend the $$ at Ruth's Chris or Mortons next time. Sea Bass was nice. Chocolate molten cake was milk chocolate, not dark chocolate, not that flavorful and cheesecake just ok. Not the best flavor. For this high priced restaurant I think the attention to detail should be a priority providing the best ingredients possible. This was a business dinner. Would not come back again for a business dinner.Special Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Fleming's is extremely pricy, but the food and service are phenomenal. Great for a special night.Special Features:
- Great ServiceFoodieFinderDined on 8/2/2014The service here was great! We had a great waitress and knowledgeable wine director. The steaks were cooked just the way we like them. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Service!1lakeguyDined on 7/31/2014This was our first visit to Fleming's Steakhouse. Our waiter, Jesse, made us feel like we were favored patrons of this restaurant. The dining room manager also stopped by to check on us during dinner. My wife loved the extensive wine list, of which 100 are offered by the glass. For comparison….we also dine at BLT, The Capital Grille, and Fahrenheit in Charlotte.Special Features:
- dining experienceVAAggieDined on 7/27/2014Great food and atmosphere. As many times as we've been to Fleming's, the service was sub par this go round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinning experience!KatRNDined on 7/27/2014Meet some friends from out of town for dinner and ended up spending 4 hours eating and catching up! Our meals were delicious, especially the cheesecake with blueberry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The waiter wasn't attentive and the food was just okay.
- Good, but not the bestElmcityboyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went for dinner with friends. It happened to be restaurant week, so we lucked out...or so we thought. Service, location and steak were top notch. Where it falls for me were sides were small and the dessert and the little things. 6 of us shared 4 sides. We could have done two more. Dessert was al kinds of wrong. Chocolate mousse was presented as two scoops in a bowl and the cheesecake was very chalky. Both desserts were also served warm...weird. Maybe a restaurant week thing, but really? They also did nothing for our friend's birthday, even though we told them. For a top end steakhouse, details matter even if it's restaurant week. We will go to one of the other places I'm the future.Special Features:
- Service spoiled the dinnerlexiDined on 7/26/2014The dining experience was compromised by one particular server who lost patience at the time my partner and I requested to review the menu and wine list. After his second attempt to take our order, he "turned us over" to a server who informed us she was "helping Paul this evening." We had approximately five different servers visit our table during the evening: Paul, his female back-up, someone different served our entrees, and yet another person served our dessert. A fifth person refilled our water glass. All seemed most rushed and hurried. Paul's back-up stopped by the table immediately after the entrees were served, before we had a chance to taste anything, and inquired about the food. Only returned to bring the check.Special Features:
- It was okjp5646Dined on 7/26/2014Being an up scale steak house, we were expecting more. We were underwhelmed. The calamari was over breaded and soggy; the sea bass had bones; the Caesar salad had too much dressing and was too salty to eat. the service staff was very polite but you could tell they were struggling to keep up. Almost felt rushed. Felt like Outback. Not worth the money
- Restaurant weekIluvchickenDined on 7/26/2014Came here for restaurant week with my boyfriend, sister, and friends and I thought that it was pretty good but because of the price I probably won't come here just because because the food isn't necessarily that special. Our server did seem a little irritated though or at least that's the vibe my sister and I got from him but the servers were attentive. We got a little lost at first because we parked in the epicenter parking deck and couldn't find the entrance of Flemings but obviously found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!limoguyDined on 7/25/2014We arrived 5 minutes late and they were very gracious and gave us a great booth. Everything about the place was laid out nicely.the service was absolutely the best part of the excursion. We took the bus up town and walked the two blocks to the restaurant. On the way home i took a picture from the back seats we were sitting in and sent it to our kids with this post."Took your mom out to a great restaurant tonight in a very long limo!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedmarci1977VIPDined on 7/24/2014Flemings has become my favorite spot for any special occasion. If you want exceptional service, I recommend asking for Gary as your server! Best steak I have ever eaten and the mushrooms are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fatty FiletAnonymousDined on 7/24/2014Ordered the filet - it was half fat and we sent it back, the next filet was fatty also. Server was not very welcoming and seemed irritated with us that we were not happy with the steak and stopped checking on us after we sent it back. We went there for restaurant week but its not like we were being cheap, we ordered wine and the extra toppings. Del Frisco's and Sullivan's are 100 times better with the steak and service!
- Absolutely wonderfulImwbd53Dined on 7/23/2014This was a first visit to Flemings. I've been to all the other high end steak places in Charlotte, but this hands down is the best. Over the top service and the food is really awesome. Tom a co- partner and Joshua our attendant were over the top. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak in charlotte!winebillDined on 7/23/2014best steak in charlotte! nice ambience. good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!PanantVDined on 7/22/2014Best steak i've had in years. The wine list was amazingly long. They even had a iPad for our table to use to scroll through the win selections. They called it the WinePad. I had the prime rib 16oz and it was amazing. My girlfriend had the filet mignon and must I say it was impressive. The service was average nothing crazy. But i'm pretty sure it was due to restaurant week and the place was packed. So I don't want to put down their service yet, until i've been there on a normal day. Overall it was a great experience. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerSteveDined on 7/22/2014Fleming's is a great place for dinner. Although we've eaten at Flemings in other cities, this was our first visit to the Charlotte Flemings. We had a drink at the bar then entered the restaurant for dinner. Bartenders and waiters were very pleasant and attentive. Manager stopped by the table to check on us. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great meal in uptown Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouseIlovefoodallwaysDined on 7/22/2014By far the best steakhouse in Charlotte. I've been to Flemings several times and even though it was restaurant week this time it's still the se experience and gret good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butch55Dined on 7/22/2014Noise level extremely high, food and service excellent , valet parking a must due to locationSpecial Features:
- Good, but not great.StriderxdjDined on 7/22/2014Our server was not knowledgeable about the drink menu, nor were the person they asked, requiring a third person to answer "what is in this drink"? The Caesar salad was excellent, albeit disappointingly small. I ordered the ribeye, which was a hair undercooked and cooked unevenly to boot (as was the wives filet), but both were tasty nonetheless. The seasoning was a bit plain, only distinguishable flavor was crushed peppercorns. The onion rings were very disappointing, with a basic flavorless panko style breading, and the dipping sauce was overly spicy which overwhelmed its flavor. The mousse was excellent, rich and creamy, the cheesecake was bland. For the money, I would prefer capital grille or mortons, or Firebirds for a bit less money.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Had a great date night our servers were very knowledgeable and attentive to all of their tables. I've been in the service industry for 14 years great restaurant and great service our servers were great and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014My water glass was empty for about half of the time I was eating my meal and water was my only beverage. I ordered the steak Med Well and said they could butterfly it if they wanted. It came out red and oozing - they cooked it more, but the steak was just not as good as that level of restaurant should be.
- Quality throughoutGilsnerDined on 7/20/2014We arrived a bit early for our reservation. Went to the bar for a cocktail. Glad to see Flemings are using Italian cherries for drinks. Just one more step to providing a memorable experience. Although we dined on the queens feast menu service was courteous as usual. A much enjoyed fine dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very disappointed.LaurabelleDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant was hot and service slow. During restaurant week, it is understandable that the items on the Queens Feast menu are smaller. However, we ordered three sides and they were also small but not discounted. Finally, they do not cover the $10 charge for parking in their building, the Epicenter. They will cover valet but this was not told to us before we came.
- Bring your flashlightjmayesDined on 7/20/2014The lighting was so dark you could barely see the menu, it was very over priced. The queens feast entrees did not come with sides. Waiter was not very friendly. We went to luciano's the day before and had an awesome meal and experience.
- great steakmmmtastyDined on 7/19/2014get the prime rib, and the waitress made a great recommendation as mac and cheese for the sideSpecial Features:
- Always great food and wineDebbie5500Dined on 7/19/2014Went to Queen's Feast week. Fleming's salad was a tasty start to the encore; the filet was perfect cooked rare!! cheese cake with blueberry topping perfect portion for a woman.Special Features:
- Restaurant week dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I dined here this past weekend during restaurant week. Our expeience was none other than fantastic. The food and wine were exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Been to Flemings on numerous occasions and always have an excellent experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fine dining in CharlotteStanleyDined on 7/19/2014We have been several times and believe it is the best restaurant in Charlotte. The filet is the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The chicken was hard and not edible. Service wsd A++++++. Waitress was amazing#Special Features:
- GreatTigerDined on 7/18/2014We had a great time with great service and food on Friday night. The steak was great! The only small issue is that the salad plates were too warm when they came out. anyway, we will return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice timersq001Dined on 7/18/2014My wife and I went for a special night and enjoyed getting very well prepared dinner with a great atmosphere! The wine list is very deep and was very nice to see a diverse range on the menu. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- To Pricey.... Not impressed.....NextDined on 7/16/2014After reading the reviews I wanted to take my husband out for our anniversary. I made reservations and put in my notes that we wanted a booth for romantic, cozy, and to be secluded.The host said nope were sorry we don't have any available. My husband count 10 open booths available. "What's the point of a reservation ?" The waiter was NOT people person. We let him know this was our first time here and we needed help picking the best dishes here. He kept repeating the special and said I'm just going to come back. I said no can you tell us what's your BEST DISH AND BOTTLE OF WINE. He then gave us a generic response. He was great for a man's table but not for a couple or women's table that might have questions. The food no FLAVOR the $50 steakSpecial Features:
- ExcellentJulieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Great service. Tom the manager provided excellent service. I was there entertaining family from out of town... And the staff and food were awesome. It's one of my favorite places in Charlotte.Special Features:
- Sons 16th Birthday Dinner!WineNDineDined on 7/11/2014Had a great experience. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Great steak and seafood options. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Strawberry SangriasNew2CharlotteDined on 7/11/2014Best part of my meal were the sangrias. I ordered the wrong cut of meat so I was slightly dissatisfied with the tenderness of the steak (NY Strip). But the flavor was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.