Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte
210 East Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/nc/charlotte
- Phone: (704) 333-4266
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte
Fleming’s Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)notable wine list (54)romantic (40)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (14)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good - not greatJoniHDined on 11/15/2014Everything about our visit was good except two things.... They ran out of baked potatoes on a Saturday night at 7:45. My husband drinks regular ole Budweiser. It is not a specialty beer but it still cost $6 or $7 each. I would expect to pay more (which I did) for the great wine selection but paying that much for beer made us feel that we were taken advantage of. I know he had a choice not to purchase the beer, but that isn't the point. The food was good, the service was good and the place was loud. However the food was not excellent and the service was not excellent. Our party of 6 sat without refilled drinks often. The only reason I mention the good vs excellent is that the price we paid for our meals was very expensive, so everything should have been outstanding. Hence my review - Good - not GreatSpecial Features:
- Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/14/2014Drinking at the bar is nice. Lobster was over cooked and some of the wines are 3-4 times the normal price. They would not validate the parkimg even though we could not find the valet.Special Features:
- Great experienceTrendyVIPDined on 11/8/2014everything about this place was phenomenal, from the amazing staff, to the fantastic food; great ambiance, energetic but never too loud. busy but never hectic. Tom Bugosh is always great at making every guest feel like they are home! this place is a most!!! the lobster tempura is to died for, and the petite file mignon is outstanding!Special Features:
- Loved it!SharonVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great food and outstanding service by Alex!!! In town for a convention and it was a great restaurant to be able to sit down relax, eat a good meal and my favorite wine was one the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!DatenightdiningDined on 11/7/2014Our server was terrific, friendly, and knowledgable about the wine list. The good was outstanding, and I will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperSuperDined on 11/1/2014The service and food was excellent, but it is high priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD was excellentBenjaminDined on 11/1/2014Great steak place, little expensice but food was top notchSpecial Features:
- Consistently Excellent FoodLadyDiVIPDined on 10/19/2014Every time I go to Flemings the food and service have been excellent. Highly recommend going on Sunday for the Prime Rib dinner. Choice of salad, one side + excellent prime rib and dessert to top it all off for $39.95. A great deal for great food.Special Features:
- Great VisitmelinncVIPDined on 10/14/2014Everything was on par the night we visited Fleming's. Service was efficient and not overbearing. Food arrived nicely spaced and as ordered. It tasted wonderful and portions were huge. This has become our favorite Queen City haunt for a great steak. Service has been hit and miss in the past few visits, but hopefully they have gotten their act together. The bartender's hospitality and attitude did leave a lot to be desired, but the drinks tasted great.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service & SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014We had another wonderful dining experience at Fleming's. This was our 1st visit to the CLT Fleming's and it didn't disappoint. The steak was incredible and although our associated lobster tails arrived undercooked, the chef brought new ones to our table as soon as possible and was extremely apologetic; he even insisted on comping a dessert for us, even though we said it wasn't necessary. That is a true sign of a class A establishment. Can't wait for our next special event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricejdtvpDined on 10/10/2014Great space and service. Food was mediocre. Steak were ok, veggies were overcooked. Wine that was recommended was also not particularly good. A comparable meal could have been purchased elsewhere for less than half the price. We won't be returning to Fleming's.Special Features:
- Good service,michelleDined on 10/9/2014Service was very attentive and friendly. I ordered a medium ribeye and it was slightly burnt on the edges and over cooked in the center. The service mgr had another steak cooked but it was not much better, she also gave us a complimentary dessert which was nice but dessert doesn't make up for an entreeSpecial Features:
- Excellent Surf and TurfSullivansDined on 10/9/2014We received a Friends of Fleming's e-mail advertising a Surf and Turf dinner extension and were excited as we were traveling and missed the original timeframe for this offer. We made our reservation using OpenTable. Although we arrived early, we were seated immediately. Our waiter explained the Surf and Turf offer and we were surprised that it was a 3-course dinner. She also recommended great tasting wine for us. The food and service were excellent and the the atmosphere was great. We were very satisfied.Special Features:
- Top notch steakCroweDined on 10/5/2014Never had a better steak. Dry aged new york strip cooked to perfection. Im normally a ribeye guy but took a chance. Could not have been cooked any better. Appetizers and sides were amazing and service was exceptional!Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014My fiance' and I love this place. Their food is always great and the service is superb!Special Features:
- PerfectionRonkDined on 10/2/2014Food, flexibility and service are over the top. I wanted something light and they came up with a perfect beet salad, 6oz filet and just enough thin crisp hot French fries to make for a fabulous dinner. Everything cooked to perfection with the utmost attentive service. Of all the major steak places Flemings service puts them ahead of the pack. Tom, the general mgr, is hands on . He makes you feel like you've been invited into his home. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place and Great Service!57mgamanDined on 9/28/2014Great meal!! Great service!! Staff was Great as well!! Will come back ASAP!!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Great night out for anniversary! Good food, great service and was nice to see the interest by management in their customers. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014ordered the recommended NY strip steak, nothing special. Typical over priced steak house.
- yumlove2eatDined on 9/13/2014The steak and chicken was delicious. I like the fact that the sides are family style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York StripGreatSteak1Dined on 9/6/2014The service was outstanding and we loved the New York Strip. I believe one of the best New York Strips in Charlotte (if not the best).Special Features:
- Amazing steaks!FunnyDined on 8/31/2014Amazing taste experience! Steak was cooked to perfection. Sides and salad were excellent.Special Features:
- Special AnniversaryprefertodineDined on 8/31/2014We arrived about 5 minutes prior to our reservation time and were immediately escorted to our table. We began with sweet chili calamari as an appetizer which was deliciousl. We both chose the main filet mignon which was cooked to perfection. My husband also had the crab legs and I had blackened scallops which we shared. Everything about the dinner was wonderful and we intent to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Always excellentTonjacDined on 8/25/2014Whenever I have out of town guests I want to impress, I take them to Fleming's. I know the experience will be worth whatever the cost, which is very reasonable given the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jut OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Ordered a 8oz. filet with a cold water lobster tail. Both had no flavor. I was very disappointed. Would rather spend the $$ at Ruth's Chris or Mortons next time. Sea Bass was nice. Chocolate molten cake was milk chocolate, not dark chocolate, not that flavorful and cheesecake just ok. Not the best flavor. For this high priced restaurant I think the attention to detail should be a priority providing the best ingredients possible. This was a business dinner. Would not come back again for a business dinner.Special Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Fleming's is extremely pricy, but the food and service are phenomenal. Great for a special night.Special Features:
- Great ServiceFoodieFinderDined on 8/2/2014The service here was great! We had a great waitress and knowledgeable wine director. The steaks were cooked just the way we like them. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Service!1lakeguyVIPDined on 7/31/2014This was our first visit to Fleming's Steakhouse. Our waiter, Jesse, made us feel like we were favored patrons of this restaurant. The dining room manager also stopped by to check on us during dinner. My wife loved the extensive wine list, of which 100 are offered by the glass. For comparison….we also dine at BLT, The Capital Grille, and Fahrenheit in Charlotte.Special Features:
- dining experienceVAAggieDined on 7/27/2014Great food and atmosphere. As many times as we've been to Fleming's, the service was sub par this go round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinning experience!KatRNDined on 7/27/2014Meet some friends from out of town for dinner and ended up spending 4 hours eating and catching up! Our meals were delicious, especially the cheesecake with blueberry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The waiter wasn't attentive and the food was just okay.
- The following 584 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews archive.
- Good, but not the bestElmcityboyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went for dinner with friends. It happened to be restaurant week, so we lucked out...or so we thought. Service, location and steak were top notch. Where it falls for me were sides were small and the dessert and the little things. 6 of us shared 4 sides. We could have done two more. Dessert was al kinds of wrong. Chocolate mousse was presented as two scoops in a bowl and the cheesecake was very chalky. Both desserts were also served warm...weird. Maybe a restaurant week thing, but really? They also did nothing for our friend's birthday, even though we told them. For a top end steakhouse, details matter even if it's restaurant week. We will go to one of the other places I'm the future.Special Features:
- Service spoiled the dinnerlexiDined on 7/26/2014The dining experience was compromised by one particular server who lost patience at the time my partner and I requested to review the menu and wine list. After his second attempt to take our order, he "turned us over" to a server who informed us she was "helping Paul this evening." We had approximately five different servers visit our table during the evening: Paul, his female back-up, someone different served our entrees, and yet another person served our dessert. A fifth person refilled our water glass. All seemed most rushed and hurried. Paul's back-up stopped by the table immediately after the entrees were served, before we had a chance to taste anything, and inquired about the food. Only returned to bring the check.Special Features:
- It was okjp5646Dined on 7/26/2014Being an up scale steak house, we were expecting more. We were underwhelmed. The calamari was over breaded and soggy; the sea bass had bones; the Caesar salad had too much dressing and was too salty to eat. the service staff was very polite but you could tell they were struggling to keep up. Almost felt rushed. Felt like Outback. Not worth the money
- Restaurant weekIluvchickenDined on 7/26/2014Came here for restaurant week with my boyfriend, sister, and friends and I thought that it was pretty good but because of the price I probably won't come here just because because the food isn't necessarily that special. Our server did seem a little irritated though or at least that's the vibe my sister and I got from him but the servers were attentive. We got a little lost at first because we parked in the epicenter parking deck and couldn't find the entrance of Flemings but obviously found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!limoguyDined on 7/25/2014We arrived 5 minutes late and they were very gracious and gave us a great booth. Everything about the place was laid out nicely.the service was absolutely the best part of the excursion. We took the bus up town and walked the two blocks to the restaurant. On the way home i took a picture from the back seats we were sitting in and sent it to our kids with this post."Took your mom out to a great restaurant tonight in a very long limo!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedmarci1977VIPDined on 7/24/2014Flemings has become my favorite spot for any special occasion. If you want exceptional service, I recommend asking for Gary as your server! Best steak I have ever eaten and the mushrooms are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fatty FiletAnonymousDined on 7/24/2014Ordered the filet - it was half fat and we sent it back, the next filet was fatty also. Server was not very welcoming and seemed irritated with us that we were not happy with the steak and stopped checking on us after we sent it back. We went there for restaurant week but its not like we were being cheap, we ordered wine and the extra toppings. Del Frisco's and Sullivan's are 100 times better with the steak and service!
- Absolutely wonderfulImwbd53Dined on 7/23/2014This was a first visit to Flemings. I've been to all the other high end steak places in Charlotte, but this hands down is the best. Over the top service and the food is really awesome. Tom a co- partner and Joshua our attendant were over the top. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak in charlotte!winebillDined on 7/23/2014best steak in charlotte! nice ambience. good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.