Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte
210 East Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/nc/charlotte
- Phone: 7043334266
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte
Fleming’s Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (70)notable wine list (69)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (37)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (17)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (9)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Consistently Excellent FoodLadyDiVIPDined on 10/19/2014Every time I go to Flemings the food and service have been excellent. Highly recommend going on Sunday for the Prime Rib dinner. Choice of salad, one side + excellent prime rib and dessert to top it all off for $39.95. A great deal for great food.Special Features:
- Great VisitmelinncVIPDined on 10/14/2014Everything was on par the night we visited Fleming's. Service was efficient and not overbearing. Food arrived nicely spaced and as ordered. It tasted wonderful and portions were huge. This has become our favorite Queen City haunt for a great steak. Service has been hit and miss in the past few visits, but hopefully they have gotten their act together. The bartender's hospitality and attitude did leave a lot to be desired, but the drinks tasted great.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service & SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014We had another wonderful dining experience at Fleming's. This was our 1st visit to the CLT Fleming's and it didn't disappoint. The steak was incredible and although our associated lobster tails arrived undercooked, the chef brought new ones to our table as soon as possible and was extremely apologetic; he even insisted on comping a dessert for us, even though we said it wasn't necessary. That is a true sign of a class A establishment. Can't wait for our next special event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricejdtvpDined on 10/10/2014Great space and service. Food was mediocre. Steak were ok, veggies were overcooked. Wine that was recommended was also not particularly good. A comparable meal could have been purchased elsewhere for less than half the price. We won't be returning to Fleming's.Special Features:
- Good service,michelleDined on 10/9/2014Service was very attentive and friendly. I ordered a medium ribeye and it was slightly burnt on the edges and over cooked in the center. The service mgr had another steak cooked but it was not much better, she also gave us a complimentary dessert which was nice but dessert doesn't make up for an entreeSpecial Features:
- Excellent Surf and TurfSullivansDined on 10/9/2014We received a Friends of Fleming's e-mail advertising a Surf and Turf dinner extension and were excited as we were traveling and missed the original timeframe for this offer. We made our reservation using OpenTable. Although we arrived early, we were seated immediately. Our waiter explained the Surf and Turf offer and we were surprised that it was a 3-course dinner. She also recommended great tasting wine for us. The food and service were excellent and the the atmosphere was great. We were very satisfied.Special Features:
- Top notch steakCroweDined on 10/5/2014Never had a better steak. Dry aged new york strip cooked to perfection. Im normally a ribeye guy but took a chance. Could not have been cooked any better. Appetizers and sides were amazing and service was exceptional!Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014My fiance' and I love this place. Their food is always great and the service is superb!Special Features:
- PerfectionRonkDined on 10/2/2014Food, flexibility and service are over the top. I wanted something light and they came up with a perfect beet salad, 6oz filet and just enough thin crisp hot French fries to make for a fabulous dinner. Everything cooked to perfection with the utmost attentive service. Of all the major steak places Flemings service puts them ahead of the pack. Tom, the general mgr, is hands on . He makes you feel like you've been invited into his home. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place and Great Service!57mgamanDined on 9/28/2014Great meal!! Great service!! Staff was Great as well!! Will come back ASAP!!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Great night out for anniversary! Good food, great service and was nice to see the interest by management in their customers. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014ordered the recommended NY strip steak, nothing special. Typical over priced steak house.
- yumlove2eatDined on 9/13/2014The steak and chicken was delicious. I like the fact that the sides are family style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York StripGreatSteak1Dined on 9/6/2014The service was outstanding and we loved the New York Strip. I believe one of the best New York Strips in Charlotte (if not the best).Special Features:
- Amazing steaks!FunnyDined on 8/31/2014Amazing taste experience! Steak was cooked to perfection. Sides and salad were excellent.Special Features:
- Special AnniversaryprefertodineDined on 8/31/2014We arrived about 5 minutes prior to our reservation time and were immediately escorted to our table. We began with sweet chili calamari as an appetizer which was deliciousl. We both chose the main filet mignon which was cooked to perfection. My husband also had the crab legs and I had blackened scallops which we shared. Everything about the dinner was wonderful and we intent to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Always excellentTonjacDined on 8/25/2014Whenever I have out of town guests I want to impress, I take them to Fleming's. I know the experience will be worth whatever the cost, which is very reasonable given the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jut OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Ordered a 8oz. filet with a cold water lobster tail. Both had no flavor. I was very disappointed. Would rather spend the $$ at Ruth's Chris or Mortons next time. Sea Bass was nice. Chocolate molten cake was milk chocolate, not dark chocolate, not that flavorful and cheesecake just ok. Not the best flavor. For this high priced restaurant I think the attention to detail should be a priority providing the best ingredients possible. This was a business dinner. Would not come back again for a business dinner.Special Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Fleming's is extremely pricy, but the food and service are phenomenal. Great for a special night.Special Features:
- Great ServiceFoodieFinderDined on 8/2/2014The service here was great! We had a great waitress and knowledgeable wine director. The steaks were cooked just the way we like them. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Service!1lakeguyDined on 7/31/2014This was our first visit to Fleming's Steakhouse. Our waiter, Jesse, made us feel like we were favored patrons of this restaurant. The dining room manager also stopped by to check on us during dinner. My wife loved the extensive wine list, of which 100 are offered by the glass. For comparison….we also dine at BLT, The Capital Grille, and Fahrenheit in Charlotte.Special Features:
- dining experienceVAAggieDined on 7/27/2014Great food and atmosphere. As many times as we've been to Fleming's, the service was sub par this go round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinning experience!KatRNDined on 7/27/2014Meet some friends from out of town for dinner and ended up spending 4 hours eating and catching up! Our meals were delicious, especially the cheesecake with blueberry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The waiter wasn't attentive and the food was just okay.
- Good, but not the bestElmcityboyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went for dinner with friends. It happened to be restaurant week, so we lucked out...or so we thought. Service, location and steak were top notch. Where it falls for me were sides were small and the dessert and the little things. 6 of us shared 4 sides. We could have done two more. Dessert was al kinds of wrong. Chocolate mousse was presented as two scoops in a bowl and the cheesecake was very chalky. Both desserts were also served warm...weird. Maybe a restaurant week thing, but really? They also did nothing for our friend's birthday, even though we told them. For a top end steakhouse, details matter even if it's restaurant week. We will go to one of the other places I'm the future.Special Features:
- Service spoiled the dinnerlexiDined on 7/26/2014The dining experience was compromised by one particular server who lost patience at the time my partner and I requested to review the menu and wine list. After his second attempt to take our order, he "turned us over" to a server who informed us she was "helping Paul this evening." We had approximately five different servers visit our table during the evening: Paul, his female back-up, someone different served our entrees, and yet another person served our dessert. A fifth person refilled our water glass. All seemed most rushed and hurried. Paul's back-up stopped by the table immediately after the entrees were served, before we had a chance to taste anything, and inquired about the food. Only returned to bring the check.Special Features:
- It was okjp5646Dined on 7/26/2014Being an up scale steak house, we were expecting more. We were underwhelmed. The calamari was over breaded and soggy; the sea bass had bones; the Caesar salad had too much dressing and was too salty to eat. the service staff was very polite but you could tell they were struggling to keep up. Almost felt rushed. Felt like Outback. Not worth the money
- Restaurant weekIluvchickenDined on 7/26/2014Came here for restaurant week with my boyfriend, sister, and friends and I thought that it was pretty good but because of the price I probably won't come here just because because the food isn't necessarily that special. Our server did seem a little irritated though or at least that's the vibe my sister and I got from him but the servers were attentive. We got a little lost at first because we parked in the epicenter parking deck and couldn't find the entrance of Flemings but obviously found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!limoguyDined on 7/25/2014We arrived 5 minutes late and they were very gracious and gave us a great booth. Everything about the place was laid out nicely.the service was absolutely the best part of the excursion. We took the bus up town and walked the two blocks to the restaurant. On the way home i took a picture from the back seats we were sitting in and sent it to our kids with this post."Took your mom out to a great restaurant tonight in a very long limo!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedmarci1977VIPDined on 7/24/2014Flemings has become my favorite spot for any special occasion. If you want exceptional service, I recommend asking for Gary as your server! Best steak I have ever eaten and the mushrooms are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fatty FiletAnonymousDined on 7/24/2014Ordered the filet - it was half fat and we sent it back, the next filet was fatty also. Server was not very welcoming and seemed irritated with us that we were not happy with the steak and stopped checking on us after we sent it back. We went there for restaurant week but its not like we were being cheap, we ordered wine and the extra toppings. Del Frisco's and Sullivan's are 100 times better with the steak and service!
- Absolutely wonderfulImwbd53Dined on 7/23/2014This was a first visit to Flemings. I've been to all the other high end steak places in Charlotte, but this hands down is the best. Over the top service and the food is really awesome. Tom a co- partner and Joshua our attendant were over the top. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak in charlotte!winebillDined on 7/23/2014best steak in charlotte! nice ambience. good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!PanantVDined on 7/22/2014Best steak i've had in years. The wine list was amazingly long. They even had a iPad for our table to use to scroll through the win selections. They called it the WinePad. I had the prime rib 16oz and it was amazing. My girlfriend had the filet mignon and must I say it was impressive. The service was average nothing crazy. But i'm pretty sure it was due to restaurant week and the place was packed. So I don't want to put down their service yet, until i've been there on a normal day. Overall it was a great experience. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerSteveDined on 7/22/2014Fleming's is a great place for dinner. Although we've eaten at Flemings in other cities, this was our first visit to the Charlotte Flemings. We had a drink at the bar then entered the restaurant for dinner. Bartenders and waiters were very pleasant and attentive. Manager stopped by the table to check on us. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great meal in uptown Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouseIlovefoodallwaysDined on 7/22/2014By far the best steakhouse in Charlotte. I've been to Flemings several times and even though it was restaurant week this time it's still the se experience and gret good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butch55Dined on 7/22/2014Noise level extremely high, food and service excellent , valet parking a must due to locationSpecial Features:
- Good, but not great.StriderxdjDined on 7/22/2014Our server was not knowledgeable about the drink menu, nor were the person they asked, requiring a third person to answer "what is in this drink"? The Caesar salad was excellent, albeit disappointingly small. I ordered the ribeye, which was a hair undercooked and cooked unevenly to boot (as was the wives filet), but both were tasty nonetheless. The seasoning was a bit plain, only distinguishable flavor was crushed peppercorns. The onion rings were very disappointing, with a basic flavorless panko style breading, and the dipping sauce was overly spicy which overwhelmed its flavor. The mousse was excellent, rich and creamy, the cheesecake was bland. For the money, I would prefer capital grille or mortons, or Firebirds for a bit less money.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Had a great date night our servers were very knowledgeable and attentive to all of their tables. I've been in the service industry for 14 years great restaurant and great service our servers were great and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014My water glass was empty for about half of the time I was eating my meal and water was my only beverage. I ordered the steak Med Well and said they could butterfly it if they wanted. It came out red and oozing - they cooked it more, but the steak was just not as good as that level of restaurant should be.