Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
217 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ma/boston
- Phone: 6172920808
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Bartel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Church Street
- Public Transit: On the Green Line - the Arlington Street stop.
On the Orange Line - Downtown Crossing top.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking option #1 - Valet for $17.00
Parking option #2 - Validated parking in the Motor Mart Garage. Validation is for up to three hours and allows for a discounted rate of $8.00
Parking option #3 - When attending a show in the nearby Theater District, we are able to offer discounted validated parking for up to six hours for the discounted rate of $12.00 (must show theater ticket)
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)notable wine list (60)romantic (45)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (27)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Inconsistent QualityNotHappyDined on 8/25/2014The waiter was polite but 2 things. 1 My wife placed her order than changed her mind 2 minutes later waiter said he couldn't change her order without calling the manager. 2 was ordered a meal that included dessert. She wanted to substitute her dessert for one on the main menu that was actually cheaper than the 2 options. Again she was told this was an issue.Special Features:
- DateniteDined on 8/23/2014We were seated early for our reservation and right away I wasn't in love with the table. The hostess picked right up on this and relocated us to a quieter section. We were seated in Andrews section. He's an amazing waiter. Very attentive and our food came out perfect. I had a vodka drink to start with watermelon puree and house made lemonade. Delicious! Crab cakes, and BBQ shrimp were tasty. My filet was cooked exactly how it was order and the asparagus came out with a little crunch to them not mushy. We got plain mashed potatoes to split and the chop salad. Both were delicious. I would definitely go back here. Not stuffy but great food and even better service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do you like steak?TorontoDined on 8/22/2014Excellent spot when you are in the mood for meat. Steakhouses are usually overpriced but Flemings (although not inexpensive) was good value. Service was very good. Our server was friendly in a professional way. He was knowledgable about the menu and the wine list and gave us suggestions when asked. A kudo to the manager who "roamed" the room, attending to guests and generally making sure all was in order. She had a knack for spotting a problem (which is how we met her) and correcting immediately.Special Features:
- FlemingsJudyRDined on 8/22/2014Everything was great. The food and service was the best>Special Features:
- great food & serviceAndrewDined on 8/22/2014I've great time in Fleming's steakhouse, particularly during the restaurant week. I would recommend my friends, colleagues and relatives to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindShaggyDined on 8/22/2014This was a great find. I actually thought when I booked the reservations I was going to a different restaurant. I was initially disapointed whne I realized it. After going to Flemings though I was extremely happy with the food and the great service. It was my anniversary and the staff was extremely attentive to my wife and I. We both had the Filet Mignon and it was delicious. The ceasar salad was also very good and my wife said it was the best cheesecake she has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out BostonSteakloverDined on 8/17/2014As busy as it is in the city during DOB week Fleming's maintains the highest standards for quality food and wonderful service. The managers and waitstaff go above and beyond to keep their customers happy. A plate of extra blue cheese-stuffed olives arrived at our table quite by surprise to be shared by the martini lovers in our party. Little considerations like that keep us coming back to Fleming's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week menu was simple.auntiesharDined on 8/17/2014Room is dark unless you sit near a window. Wine list is extensive. A bit loud for not being that busy. Waited ten minutes for valet service and not due to being busy. Server rushed taking the bread away. Corn shouldnt be a restaurant week vegetable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodJustPeachieDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I had a wonderful three course meal. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the sides were delicious.Special Features:
- Great food at a great location.JFR30Dined on 8/16/2014Very friendly (and proactive!) service. Food was prepared just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChoicesFlemmingsDined on 8/15/2014Although the food was good and service was attentive there something missing from this steakhouse. I'm not sure if it was an off night or not but the scene inside the resturant was a bit slow and lacking vibrancy. The food was acceptable but when I order a 56 dollar steak I expect there to be a little flare that makes it special and worth the money. I did not get that here. Overall a good place to take a client to close a deal but not a place if you are looking to enjoy the company of strangers in that chaotic manner of being envoloped in all the ongoing chatter and background noise you find at similar establishment's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodforceVIPDined on 8/3/2014Good casual yet upscale environment. Understated steakhouse gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightWeBhappyDined on 8/2/2014Easy to find in a trendy side of Boston. We took our 4 year old and the staff and waitress made us feel right at home. The service was prompt and complete. The drinks were prime and refreshing. We asked for suggestions and they were right on target. This steakhouse holds up to the best that we've ever been to. We highly recommend and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitDoe12Dined on 8/1/2014As our first visit to Flemings, upon arrival we were told that our request for a booth that we made on open table wasn't available. I was a bit annoyed since I assumed that we made a reservation and requested a booth that we would get a booth. The host was pleasant and she found us a quiet table by a window. We didn't let that effect our night out and we enjoyed ourselves very much. Ivan was polite and pleasant and tended to our needs well, he also accommodated my allergy professionally. We started with burrata salad and fried pork belly, both were outstanding! The filet mignon was cooked perfectly as was the asparagus. We also enjoyed the crab legs and potatoes which were fabulous. We ended it perfectly with a creme brûlée! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SR1124VIPDined on 7/28/2014Flemings is good on any occasion and it is even better when they run their Sun/Mon Prime Rib special during the summer. Salads, Entrée and Desserts were superbSpecial Features:
- ExcelentseniorDined on 7/26/2014The food and service was great, they go out of the way for special occasions. Gift Card, special desert, and truffles, nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okJessaVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a $25 gift card to Flemings and decided to try it out. Service was pleasant, though they expect you to order $200 worth of food and drink. We ordered two glasses of wine, a small plate and a salad and our server's response was, "Just to start?" He was a little shocked when that is all we wanted to order for our entire meal. Yeah, sorry, buddy. Everything on the menu is overpriced and it has a decidedly chain restaurant feel to it. I would rather spend my money at an independent restaurant with better food. Would not return.
- carrot cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014My girlfriend and I sat at the bar for dinner (don't ask...it's just what we enjoy doing) and we had their Prime Rib special which included a salad, a side and dessert. Everything was prepared to perfection, our wine for the evening was impressive, but not until the end of the night were we truly blown away...I ordered the carrot cake and to our surprise, it was absolutely the best we had ever tried...and I consider myself a bit of a carrot cake snob. This place is very pricey, but we were on vacation and wanted to treat ourselves. Glad we did! Special thanks to our bartender Mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy This Time aroundsurfturf2Dined on 7/20/2014Usually, I love my experience at Fleming's. To be honest, I have been going as often recently as people go to their favorite diner. But this time the service was not up to its usual standard. Plates sat on the table for far too long, the drinks to forever to come (so much so that ice melted a little), and the waiter looked impatient as we were ordering. I know this is not usual but it did put a damper on the mood for what should have been a festive evening. The food, of course, was good. That is almost a given with the staff they have preparing the food. From the crab cakes to the steak: thank you! The service: let's start over.
- Terrific TimeGerardVIPDined on 7/19/2014Wanted to go somewhere other than the usual; Mortons, Capital or Ruths so tried Flemings. Went once several years ago and did not find it worth returning. However this occasion changed my mind. Craig was our server and he was fantastic, knowledgeable, friendly with a great sense of humor. He made excellent wine recommendation and I inadvertently ordered a dish where I thought the protein was filet and it turned out to be sirloin. It was my fault so I was happy to keep it however Craig made certain it was rectified. The carrot cake is a must try for dessert. I will certainly be back soon.Special Features:
- AwesomewanttobefoodieDined on 7/18/2014This was our first visit to Fleming's, our anniversary celebration. The food and service were outstanding. We had a nice quiet table towards the back of the restaurant, quiet area to enjoy our meal. The waiter was informative and never rushed us at all. All of the food was delicious, from the pork belly through the lava cake, including the perfectly cooked steaks. Fleming's made it even more special by providing an anniversary card and chocolates too! Definitely will return again!Special Features:
- very enjoyable mealstevegVIPDined on 7/18/2014Service and food were very good. We particularly like the small plates menu. The tuna and short ribs were prepared well and very tasty as were salad appetizersSpecial Features:
- Outstanding food, very good serviceEvyKVIPDined on 7/13/2014I took my mother here for dinner while she was in town. They were having the summer set menu, which we both enjoyed. The portions were very generous (one of the largest tuna tartare I've had--and also one of the best), and the food was delectable. We had a very well-meaning, kind server who may have been a bit new and not observant. I was missing silverware for most of the appetizer and had to flag down a different server, I didn't get a bread plate when the bread came out (and of course, still did not have a knife), etc. All the waitstaff who helped were fantastic, very helpful, so I remained very impressed by what could have been a trying experience.Special Features:
- Great Food, Wonderful Time!Emmyboo73VIPDined on 7/12/2014We loved our meal at Fleming's Steakhouse on Saturday, July 12th. We were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday, and he had never been to a steakhouse before. What a treat! While it is rather expensive for us, it was still everything we had hoped!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsDee5Dined on 7/12/2014I knew I'd enjoy Flemings and it was delicious! But I was surprised how fun and friendly the server was. I'm used to stuffy, dry servers but Tim was amazing. He was very accommodating to my parties high maintence requests and was able to laugh at us. We really enjoyed ourselves and will defiantly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambiencetazaDined on 7/11/2014Excellent food and ambience for a date night. We tried both fish and beef dishes - good presentation and well prepared. The intimate ambience, light music and chatter in the background, allowed for a good dinner conversation. The iPad app was innovative but was perhaps a bit too difficult to operate and did not quite fit the setting of the restaurant. The service was fine but it can get better - make sure that the waiter understood the order and particularly the way you like your meat cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlancheDined on 7/7/2014We have dined at Fleming's several times, and try to take advantage of their prime-rib specials. We will be dining there again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a great priceKittyVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food is always good here and the staff always friendly. They have some great deals in the bar area and the bartenders are very skilled in what they do.Special Features:
- Dinner before theaterDW86Dined on 6/28/2014I am eaten at various Flemings over the years. This was by far the best meal I have had there. We both enjoyed a special--tenderloin with lobster and mushrooms. Service was outstanding. The only drawback was a noisy fan unit above us; the waiter told us the building was working on repairs.Special Features:
- As Always, Amazingsurfturf2Dined on 6/27/2014I decided to treat myself to a night out around Park Street with dinner and a movie. Neither disappointed. The bone in ribeye was to die for, perfectly seasoned and cared for with skilled hands. Of course, the Fleming's potatoes were the perfect sidekick to this dynamic duo. But the crab cakes stole the show. It was my first time trying them. They are less crab cakes than beautiful lumps of crab held together by the minimal use of fillers. This was so refreshing as I didn't have to search for the crab. And the sauce that covers the plate enhances the taste tenfold. They will definitely be regulars on my future orders.Special Features:
- Excellent steakKeith1Dined on 6/27/2014We were seated promptly at our reservation time. The by the glass wine list was excellent with both my wife and I finding a wine we enjoyed. The dry aged steak was prepared precisely the way I specified and very well seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JusticeGeriDined on 6/22/2014Superb food, ambiance and excellent service. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outMom1234Dined on 6/22/2014Went here for my son's high school graduation dinner. Food was great. Service was excellent. My son said this was the best prime rib he has Ever had. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Missing SomethingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014For the same Money, a much better dinner could be had at Del Frisco's, (or Capital Grille, Grill 23)... This one just doesn't stack up with the other steakhouse options in Boston. The steak was very good, but everything else was just ok and felt like the victim of corporate portion control. The Seafood Tower was unbelievably underwhelming compared to the competition's versions.
- NoiseySursDined on 6/14/2014Food was great. Service was attentive (perhaps a little too much so). A great place for good food but if you would like to have a quiet evening then this may not be the place for you. The restaurant area is very noisey and loud so if you are with a group at a booth you end up having to shout across the table to be heard.Special Features:
- Disappointing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Went to Fleming's for a birthday dinner, first time there. Hostess was rude and eating in front of us while checking us in, waiter was inattentive through the evening, restaurant was extremely loud and the food was good but not amazing. Will not be going back again.
- Great steaksLuvcheezDined on 5/30/2014Seriously one of the best steaks I've ever had! They also had a decent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2014Best not to be a woman eating alone...but my server was attentive to my needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is how dining out should be!piccolaVIPDined on 5/28/2014Wonderful food, wonderful service, nice atmosphere. Everything was lovely and so enjoyable. Fleming's is a steakhouse so one can't expect the most creative cuisine but what we did have was delicious, incredibly well done, incredibly well prepared - delicious! The wait staff was friendly, gracious, attentive, and personable - all one could ask for. Not inexpensive, but you feel like the value was there because everything was great and surpassed our expectations.
- Sunday dinnerwiilyDined on 5/25/2014Great time at Flemings-one of our favorite places downtown. Service was great-waiter very attentive and helpful. Prime rib special dinner was fantastic. Memorial Day weekend bonus made it all even better!Special Features: