Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
217 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ma/boston
- Phone: 6172920808
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Bartel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Church Street
- Public Transit: On the Green Line - the Arlington Street stop.
On the Orange Line - Downtown Crossing top.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking option #1 - Valet for $17.00
Parking option #2 - Validated parking in the Motor Mart Garage. Validation is for up to three hours and allows for a discounted rate of $8.00
Parking option #3 - When attending a show in the nearby Theater District, we are able to offer discounted validated parking for up to six hours for the discounted rate of $12.00 (must show theater ticket)
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)notable wine list (55)romantic (44)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food with good serviceJFR30Dined on 9/20/2014Steak was cooked to perfection and the chocolate lava cake is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak is perfection2ofakindVIPDined on 9/15/2014If there is one drawback it would be that we sat in a booth close to the bar. Too loud at that booth. However, the food was magnificent. My wife and I each had a petite filet mignon. Sooooo good a butter knife would have been enough to cut it. Both were done to perfection. We split a side of Flemmings potatoes and another of sautéed corn. Everything was AWESOME. The waitress was excellent. The general manager stopped by our table to help us celebrate. I can't say enough good things about Flemmings. Go there and try it for yourself. I doubt there is a better steak and side dishes in Boston.Special Features:
- AwesomeHave2kidsDined on 9/6/2014Five star good and give star service. This is a birthday to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CowpollyDined on 9/5/2014Good as always usually I can eat more but was not up to snuff. Great if you have a big appetite. We were seated under a pot light so that helped with the darkened atmosphere. Also we arrived half an hour before our reservation time and were still promptly seated. Nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okGoodtimesDined on 9/5/2014The place is just ok. That's it. The food was ok, the service was ok, and the ambience was ok. It seemed expensive.
- Nice place for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014We appreciated the small portion option since we were not really hungry and service was very good for us to make it to our 8 pm show.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerAimlee311VIPDined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I returned to Fleming's for our one year anniversary dinner last weekend. As always the food was delicious, and the service was fantastic. To make a great night even better, since it was our anniversary, the server brought us a box of chocolates, a card signed by the entire staff, and a $25 gift card for our next visit. We were so impressed! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Never disappoints Always great beef and the molten lava cake was to die forSpecial Features:
- Excellent Dinner!Marsha23Dined on 8/29/2014Server was very efficient. The bread and cheese was the best I ever had. The filet was like butter, it melted in my mouth. Also enjoyed every bite of the walnut chocolate pie. Hope to dine there again.Special Features:
- ReenDined on 8/28/2014great all over .. really enjoyed .. I was my husband's birthday and Kim our waitress made it very special for himSpecial Features:
- Inconsistent QualityNotHappyDined on 8/25/2014The waiter was polite but 2 things. 1 My wife placed her order than changed her mind 2 minutes later waiter said he couldn't change her order without calling the manager. 2 was ordered a meal that included dessert. She wanted to substitute her dessert for one on the main menu that was actually cheaper than the 2 options. Again she was told this was an issue.Special Features:
- DateniteDined on 8/23/2014We were seated early for our reservation and right away I wasn't in love with the table. The hostess picked right up on this and relocated us to a quieter section. We were seated in Andrews section. He's an amazing waiter. Very attentive and our food came out perfect. I had a vodka drink to start with watermelon puree and house made lemonade. Delicious! Crab cakes, and BBQ shrimp were tasty. My filet was cooked exactly how it was order and the asparagus came out with a little crunch to them not mushy. We got plain mashed potatoes to split and the chop salad. Both were delicious. I would definitely go back here. Not stuffy but great food and even better service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do you like steak?TorontoVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent spot when you are in the mood for meat. Steakhouses are usually overpriced but Flemings (although not inexpensive) was good value. Service was very good. Our server was friendly in a professional way. He was knowledgable about the menu and the wine list and gave us suggestions when asked. A kudo to the manager who "roamed" the room, attending to guests and generally making sure all was in order. She had a knack for spotting a problem (which is how we met her) and correcting immediately.Special Features:
- FlemingsJudyRDined on 8/22/2014Everything was great. The food and service was the best>Special Features:
- great food & serviceAndrewDined on 8/22/2014I've great time in Fleming's steakhouse, particularly during the restaurant week. I would recommend my friends, colleagues and relatives to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindShaggyDined on 8/22/2014This was a great find. I actually thought when I booked the reservations I was going to a different restaurant. I was initially disapointed whne I realized it. After going to Flemings though I was extremely happy with the food and the great service. It was my anniversary and the staff was extremely attentive to my wife and I. We both had the Filet Mignon and it was delicious. The ceasar salad was also very good and my wife said it was the best cheesecake she has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out BostonSteakloverDined on 8/17/2014As busy as it is in the city during DOB week Fleming's maintains the highest standards for quality food and wonderful service. The managers and waitstaff go above and beyond to keep their customers happy. A plate of extra blue cheese-stuffed olives arrived at our table quite by surprise to be shared by the martini lovers in our party. Little considerations like that keep us coming back to Fleming's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week menu was simple.auntiesharDined on 8/17/2014Room is dark unless you sit near a window. Wine list is extensive. A bit loud for not being that busy. Waited ten minutes for valet service and not due to being busy. Server rushed taking the bread away. Corn shouldnt be a restaurant week vegetable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodJustPeachieDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I had a wonderful three course meal. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the sides were delicious.Special Features:
- Great food at a great location.JFR30Dined on 8/16/2014Very friendly (and proactive!) service. Food was prepared just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChoicesFlemmingsDined on 8/15/2014Although the food was good and service was attentive there something missing from this steakhouse. I'm not sure if it was an off night or not but the scene inside the resturant was a bit slow and lacking vibrancy. The food was acceptable but when I order a 56 dollar steak I expect there to be a little flare that makes it special and worth the money. I did not get that here. Overall a good place to take a client to close a deal but not a place if you are looking to enjoy the company of strangers in that chaotic manner of being envoloped in all the ongoing chatter and background noise you find at similar establishment's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodforceVIPDined on 8/3/2014Good casual yet upscale environment. Understated steakhouse gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightWeBhappyDined on 8/2/2014Easy to find in a trendy side of Boston. We took our 4 year old and the staff and waitress made us feel right at home. The service was prompt and complete. The drinks were prime and refreshing. We asked for suggestions and they were right on target. This steakhouse holds up to the best that we've ever been to. We highly recommend and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitDoe12Dined on 8/1/2014As our first visit to Flemings, upon arrival we were told that our request for a booth that we made on open table wasn't available. I was a bit annoyed since I assumed that we made a reservation and requested a booth that we would get a booth. The host was pleasant and she found us a quiet table by a window. We didn't let that effect our night out and we enjoyed ourselves very much. Ivan was polite and pleasant and tended to our needs well, he also accommodated my allergy professionally. We started with burrata salad and fried pork belly, both were outstanding! The filet mignon was cooked perfectly as was the asparagus. We also enjoyed the crab legs and potatoes which were fabulous. We ended it perfectly with a creme brûlée! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SR1124VIPDined on 7/28/2014Flemings is good on any occasion and it is even better when they run their Sun/Mon Prime Rib special during the summer. Salads, Entrée and Desserts were superbSpecial Features:
- ExcelentseniorDined on 7/26/2014The food and service was great, they go out of the way for special occasions. Gift Card, special desert, and truffles, nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okJessaVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a $25 gift card to Flemings and decided to try it out. Service was pleasant, though they expect you to order $200 worth of food and drink. We ordered two glasses of wine, a small plate and a salad and our server's response was, "Just to start?" He was a little shocked when that is all we wanted to order for our entire meal. Yeah, sorry, buddy. Everything on the menu is overpriced and it has a decidedly chain restaurant feel to it. I would rather spend my money at an independent restaurant with better food. Would not return.
- carrot cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014My girlfriend and I sat at the bar for dinner (don't ask...it's just what we enjoy doing) and we had their Prime Rib special which included a salad, a side and dessert. Everything was prepared to perfection, our wine for the evening was impressive, but not until the end of the night were we truly blown away...I ordered the carrot cake and to our surprise, it was absolutely the best we had ever tried...and I consider myself a bit of a carrot cake snob. This place is very pricey, but we were on vacation and wanted to treat ourselves. Glad we did! Special thanks to our bartender Mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy This Time aroundsurfturf2Dined on 7/20/2014Usually, I love my experience at Fleming's. To be honest, I have been going as often recently as people go to their favorite diner. But this time the service was not up to its usual standard. Plates sat on the table for far too long, the drinks to forever to come (so much so that ice melted a little), and the waiter looked impatient as we were ordering. I know this is not usual but it did put a damper on the mood for what should have been a festive evening. The food, of course, was good. That is almost a given with the staff they have preparing the food. From the crab cakes to the steak: thank you! The service: let's start over.
- Terrific TimeGerardVIPDined on 7/19/2014Wanted to go somewhere other than the usual; Mortons, Capital or Ruths so tried Flemings. Went once several years ago and did not find it worth returning. However this occasion changed my mind. Craig was our server and he was fantastic, knowledgeable, friendly with a great sense of humor. He made excellent wine recommendation and I inadvertently ordered a dish where I thought the protein was filet and it turned out to be sirloin. It was my fault so I was happy to keep it however Craig made certain it was rectified. The carrot cake is a must try for dessert. I will certainly be back soon.Special Features:
- AwesomewanttobefoodieDined on 7/18/2014This was our first visit to Fleming's, our anniversary celebration. The food and service were outstanding. We had a nice quiet table towards the back of the restaurant, quiet area to enjoy our meal. The waiter was informative and never rushed us at all. All of the food was delicious, from the pork belly through the lava cake, including the perfectly cooked steaks. Fleming's made it even more special by providing an anniversary card and chocolates too! Definitely will return again!Special Features:
- very enjoyable mealstevegVIPDined on 7/18/2014Service and food were very good. We particularly like the small plates menu. The tuna and short ribs were prepared well and very tasty as were salad appetizersSpecial Features:
- Outstanding food, very good serviceEvyKVIPDined on 7/13/2014I took my mother here for dinner while she was in town. They were having the summer set menu, which we both enjoyed. The portions were very generous (one of the largest tuna tartare I've had--and also one of the best), and the food was delectable. We had a very well-meaning, kind server who may have been a bit new and not observant. I was missing silverware for most of the appetizer and had to flag down a different server, I didn't get a bread plate when the bread came out (and of course, still did not have a knife), etc. All the waitstaff who helped were fantastic, very helpful, so I remained very impressed by what could have been a trying experience.Special Features:
- Great Food, Wonderful Time!Emmyboo73VIPDined on 7/12/2014We loved our meal at Fleming's Steakhouse on Saturday, July 12th. We were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday, and he had never been to a steakhouse before. What a treat! While it is rather expensive for us, it was still everything we had hoped!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsDee5Dined on 7/12/2014I knew I'd enjoy Flemings and it was delicious! But I was surprised how fun and friendly the server was. I'm used to stuffy, dry servers but Tim was amazing. He was very accommodating to my parties high maintence requests and was able to laugh at us. We really enjoyed ourselves and will defiantly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambiencetazaDined on 7/11/2014Excellent food and ambience for a date night. We tried both fish and beef dishes - good presentation and well prepared. The intimate ambience, light music and chatter in the background, allowed for a good dinner conversation. The iPad app was innovative but was perhaps a bit too difficult to operate and did not quite fit the setting of the restaurant. The service was fine but it can get better - make sure that the waiter understood the order and particularly the way you like your meat cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlancheDined on 7/7/2014We have dined at Fleming's several times, and try to take advantage of their prime-rib specials. We will be dining there again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a great priceKittyVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food is always good here and the staff always friendly. They have some great deals in the bar area and the bartenders are very skilled in what they do.Special Features:
- Dinner before theaterDW86Dined on 6/28/2014I am eaten at various Flemings over the years. This was by far the best meal I have had there. We both enjoyed a special--tenderloin with lobster and mushrooms. Service was outstanding. The only drawback was a noisy fan unit above us; the waiter told us the building was working on repairs.Special Features:
- As Always, Amazingsurfturf2Dined on 6/27/2014I decided to treat myself to a night out around Park Street with dinner and a movie. Neither disappointed. The bone in ribeye was to die for, perfectly seasoned and cared for with skilled hands. Of course, the Fleming's potatoes were the perfect sidekick to this dynamic duo. But the crab cakes stole the show. It was my first time trying them. They are less crab cakes than beautiful lumps of crab held together by the minimal use of fillers. This was so refreshing as I didn't have to search for the crab. And the sauce that covers the plate enhances the taste tenfold. They will definitely be regulars on my future orders.Special Features: