Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
217 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ma/boston
- Phone: 6172920808
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Bartel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Church Street
- Public Transit: On the Green Line - the Arlington Street stop.
On the Orange Line - Downtown Crossing top.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking option #1 - Valet for $17.00
Parking option #2 - Validated parking in the Motor Mart Garage. Validation is for up to three hours and allows for a discounted rate of $8.00
Parking option #3 - When attending a show in the nearby Theater District, we are able to offer discounted validated parking for up to six hours for the discounted rate of $12.00 (must show theater ticket)
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)notable wine list (68)romantic (52)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Prime rib special is a bargainDityVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had the prime rib special....everything was excellent...We started with the Blue Cheese wedge salad, very good....the prime rib was nice sized and done perfectly. our sides were the creamed spinach and the scalloped potatoes...both good but the creamed spinach was heavy on the sauce and light on the spinach. The chocolate lava cake is not to be missed....a great meal and way more than I could eat. They currently have a wine special on wines they are discontinuing..half price....a great bargain. The service was excellent. A great meal.Special Features:
- Good SteakhousejcziiVIPDined on 10/18/2014My family enjoyed Flemmings. I would say it was on par with other high end steakhouses. Modern minimalistic décor as opposed to traditional steakhouses. There were a couple of servers tending to the table. The main waiter was personable and made the evening very enjoyable. The only disappointment was the seafood tower. We had it for 3 and it was not a tower at all, but a bowl with a lobster tail, a few King and snowcrab crab legs, several nice sized shrimp and a couple of oysters. Nothing was that tasty. Steaks were great and nice sizes. Strange they ran out of espresso cups and brought the single shot of espresso in large cappuccino cups, but I guess that was part of the fun. Wine selection recommended was great. Lava cake was outstanding.Special Features:
- We will be back!JFR30Dined on 10/18/2014Great food and superb service! This is our 7th visit to the same location and it is always a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Better than expectedLateluncherDined on 10/17/2014The service was attentive. Was a last minute birthday dinner and they were gracious and accommodating. The meal was as good as any steakhouse we've been to and the carrot cake was fabulous. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDaveVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food was fantastic, well prepared. The steaks were like cutting through butter. The wait staff couldn't be more friendly, nor accommodating. Definitely go to Flemings if you are in a city that they are in.Special Features:
- WonderfulNitesOutDined on 10/17/2014Made a reservation to this wonderful steakhouse and they always exceed expectations. The prices are slightly high but the food and the service are well worth the cost. The entire staff made this a wonderful night.Special Features:
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014We LOVED our meal but did wait a bit for dessert...maybe 45 minutes!Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Would recommend to everyone, the best service and food we have ever had. We went in with high expectations and not only we they met they we beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!Tres1Dined on 10/11/2014Dining at Flemings was great, the food was great along with the service. We ended up mentioning that we were dining there for a special occasion and our server gave us a special treat as we left, we will be back again!Special Features:
- ServicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014Our waitress was very diligence with me and my fiancé, very professional all the time. I personally recommend this place for a special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Disappointed with valet serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I was very upset knowing that I had paid for valet parking using parking wiz assuring us that we would have valet service upon our arrival . We had arrived @ 5:00pm but there was no valet attendant outside so we had to park our own vehicle in the parking garage . Upon being seated I had informed the hostess that we were not greeted by a valet attendant and we had to park our own vehicle after I had paid the 18.00 for this service. She had informed me that she was going to tell the mgr. which we did not receive any response from the mgr. The restaurant did validate our ticket but it still cost us $20.00 more @ the time of picking up our car. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE SERVICE THAT WE DID NOT RECEIVE ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014I've had many good meals at Fleming's but this time the food was mediocre at best and the service was horrible. There are too many good steak restaurants in Boston to settle for this.
- awsmeawsmeDined on 10/4/2014Our family of 5 celebrated the 25th birthday of our daughter. It was wonderful. The restaurant was a little dark for my husband and me to read our menus but our waiter provided us with a small flashlight (better than using the flashlight app on our phones -- too bright) which worked beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014food was great, service was great. The only problem I had was an add on to my steak was not work 12 dollars for 3 little shrimp.Special Features:
- Quality SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014My lady and I came here, and were immediately impressed! The server, and host were very kind and on point. Will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Great food with good serviceJFR30Dined on 9/20/2014Steak was cooked to perfection and the chocolate lava cake is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, but OK everything elseSuzyQ45Dined on 9/20/2014Restaurant was incredibly dark. The steak was great, but everything else (appetizers, salads, sides) were so-so. Their steak sauce is sooo sweat, almost like BBQ sauce -- not my thing. The waiter was a bit OVER attentive - seemed like he came by and fussed with our table every few minutes so that we were never really alone. But he was friendly and brought us our food quickly.Special Features:
- Steak is perfection2ofakindVIPDined on 9/15/2014If there is one drawback it would be that we sat in a booth close to the bar. Too loud at that booth. However, the food was magnificent. My wife and I each had a petite filet mignon. Sooooo good a butter knife would have been enough to cut it. Both were done to perfection. We split a side of Flemmings potatoes and another of sautéed corn. Everything was AWESOME. The waitress was excellent. The general manager stopped by our table to help us celebrate. I can't say enough good things about Flemmings. Go there and try it for yourself. I doubt there is a better steak and side dishes in Boston.Special Features:
- AwesomeHave2kidsDined on 9/6/2014Five star good and give star service. This is a birthday to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CowpollyDined on 9/5/2014Good as always usually I can eat more but was not up to snuff. Great if you have a big appetite. We were seated under a pot light so that helped with the darkened atmosphere. Also we arrived half an hour before our reservation time and were still promptly seated. Nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okGoodtimesDined on 9/5/2014The place is just ok. That's it. The food was ok, the service was ok, and the ambience was ok. It seemed expensive.
- Nice place for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014We appreciated the small portion option since we were not really hungry and service was very good for us to make it to our 8 pm show.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerAimlee311VIPDined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I returned to Fleming's for our one year anniversary dinner last weekend. As always the food was delicious, and the service was fantastic. To make a great night even better, since it was our anniversary, the server brought us a box of chocolates, a card signed by the entire staff, and a $25 gift card for our next visit. We were so impressed! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Never disappoints Always great beef and the molten lava cake was to die forSpecial Features:
- Excellent Dinner!Marsha23Dined on 8/29/2014Server was very efficient. The bread and cheese was the best I ever had. The filet was like butter, it melted in my mouth. Also enjoyed every bite of the walnut chocolate pie. Hope to dine there again.Special Features:
- ReenDined on 8/28/2014great all over .. really enjoyed .. I was my husband's birthday and Kim our waitress made it very special for himSpecial Features:
- Inconsistent QualityNotHappyDined on 8/25/2014The waiter was polite but 2 things. 1 My wife placed her order than changed her mind 2 minutes later waiter said he couldn't change her order without calling the manager. 2 was ordered a meal that included dessert. She wanted to substitute her dessert for one on the main menu that was actually cheaper than the 2 options. Again she was told this was an issue.Special Features:
- DateniteDined on 8/23/2014We were seated early for our reservation and right away I wasn't in love with the table. The hostess picked right up on this and relocated us to a quieter section. We were seated in Andrews section. He's an amazing waiter. Very attentive and our food came out perfect. I had a vodka drink to start with watermelon puree and house made lemonade. Delicious! Crab cakes, and BBQ shrimp were tasty. My filet was cooked exactly how it was order and the asparagus came out with a little crunch to them not mushy. We got plain mashed potatoes to split and the chop salad. Both were delicious. I would definitely go back here. Not stuffy but great food and even better service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do you like steak?TorontoVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent spot when you are in the mood for meat. Steakhouses are usually overpriced but Flemings (although not inexpensive) was good value. Service was very good. Our server was friendly in a professional way. He was knowledgable about the menu and the wine list and gave us suggestions when asked. A kudo to the manager who "roamed" the room, attending to guests and generally making sure all was in order. She had a knack for spotting a problem (which is how we met her) and correcting immediately.Special Features:
- FlemingsJudyRDined on 8/22/2014Everything was great. The food and service was the best>Special Features:
- great food & serviceAndrewDined on 8/22/2014I've great time in Fleming's steakhouse, particularly during the restaurant week. I would recommend my friends, colleagues and relatives to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindShaggyDined on 8/22/2014This was a great find. I actually thought when I booked the reservations I was going to a different restaurant. I was initially disapointed whne I realized it. After going to Flemings though I was extremely happy with the food and the great service. It was my anniversary and the staff was extremely attentive to my wife and I. We both had the Filet Mignon and it was delicious. The ceasar salad was also very good and my wife said it was the best cheesecake she has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out BostonSteakloverDined on 8/17/2014As busy as it is in the city during DOB week Fleming's maintains the highest standards for quality food and wonderful service. The managers and waitstaff go above and beyond to keep their customers happy. A plate of extra blue cheese-stuffed olives arrived at our table quite by surprise to be shared by the martini lovers in our party. Little considerations like that keep us coming back to Fleming's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week menu was simple.auntiesharDined on 8/17/2014Room is dark unless you sit near a window. Wine list is extensive. A bit loud for not being that busy. Waited ten minutes for valet service and not due to being busy. Server rushed taking the bread away. Corn shouldnt be a restaurant week vegetable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodJustPeachieDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I had a wonderful three course meal. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the sides were delicious.Special Features:
- Great food at a great location.JFR30Dined on 8/16/2014Very friendly (and proactive!) service. Food was prepared just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChoicesFlemmingsDined on 8/15/2014Although the food was good and service was attentive there something missing from this steakhouse. I'm not sure if it was an off night or not but the scene inside the resturant was a bit slow and lacking vibrancy. The food was acceptable but when I order a 56 dollar steak I expect there to be a little flare that makes it special and worth the money. I did not get that here. Overall a good place to take a client to close a deal but not a place if you are looking to enjoy the company of strangers in that chaotic manner of being envoloped in all the ongoing chatter and background noise you find at similar establishment's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodforceVIPDined on 8/3/2014Good casual yet upscale environment. Understated steakhouse gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightWeBhappyDined on 8/2/2014Easy to find in a trendy side of Boston. We took our 4 year old and the staff and waitress made us feel right at home. The service was prompt and complete. The drinks were prime and refreshing. We asked for suggestions and they were right on target. This steakhouse holds up to the best that we've ever been to. We highly recommend and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitDoe12Dined on 8/1/2014As our first visit to Flemings, upon arrival we were told that our request for a booth that we made on open table wasn't available. I was a bit annoyed since I assumed that we made a reservation and requested a booth that we would get a booth. The host was pleasant and she found us a quiet table by a window. We didn't let that effect our night out and we enjoyed ourselves very much. Ivan was polite and pleasant and tended to our needs well, he also accommodated my allergy professionally. We started with burrata salad and fried pork belly, both were outstanding! The filet mignon was cooked perfectly as was the asparagus. We also enjoyed the crab legs and potatoes which were fabulous. We ended it perfectly with a creme brûlée! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.