Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
217 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ma/boston
- Phone: (617) 292-0808
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Bartel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Church Street
- Public Transit: On the Green Line - the Arlington Street stop.
On the Orange Line - Downtown Crossing top.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking option #1 - Valet for $17.00
Parking option #2 - Validated parking in the Motor Mart Garage. Validation is for up to three hours and allows for a discounted rate of $8.00
Parking option #3 - When attending a show in the nearby Theater District, we are able to offer discounted validated parking for up to six hours for the discounted rate of $12.00 (must show theater ticket)
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)notable wine list (77)romantic (55)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Not as fun if not in the main dining roomFFBostonVIPDined on 11/22/2014Over the years, we have always been happy with Flemings. But apparently that's because we were in the vibrant main dining room. There are two ancillary rooms off the main dining room to also seat guests. These rooms are much quieter, low energy level, and overall poor ambiance. I thought I had stepped into a time machine and traveled back to high school study hall in the library, that's how awkward the setting was. Food was good, though my wife's steak was overdone. But that really can happen anywhere (once Morton's cooked a steak, in what tasted like, salmon oil). Valet also lost my keys, so at the end of this debacle, I waited 30 mins to get my car. Not going back anytime soon but I have had better experiences in the past.Special Features:
- Always A Pleasure!JoyceDined on 11/22/2014We have eaten at Flemings more than once and have enjoyed ourselves every time. The service is great and the food is excellent. The only complaint I have is the noise level. It is a little high for me, but at least everyone seems to be having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellect Small PlatesTomHDined on 11/22/2014A great all around restaurant that is perfecr for pre-theatre dining. I loved the optional small portion size so that I didn't nap through the show!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Flemings! Everything was wonderful from the service and the food. Our waiter was friendly and made great recommendations. I even received an email from the manager!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings - a Boston GemkorzoVIPDined on 11/21/2014One of our favorite Boston restaurants as the ambiance, food and service are always excellent and Flemings is a classic, old fashioned "steakhouse".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Amazing food and experience. We were celebrating our anniversary and they went out of their way to make us feel special! Our waiter was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jnineDined on 11/19/2014food was excellent, noise level a little higher than I would have expected,but still enjoyable. extensive wine list but priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class & ambianceScottRosenthalVIPDined on 11/18/2014Class & ambiance is the best way to describe Flemings. An exceptional wine list. A menu that doesn't forget non-meat eaters. The desserts ... mmmmm. Great service ... make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining.....and will be returningCatwomanDined on 11/15/2014First time dining at Fleming's. Heard plenty of great things about the restaurant and I was not disappointed at all. Had the seasonal special, that included butternut squash ravioli, chopped salad, porcini crusted filet and dessert. The portions were excellent and my wine selection was perfect with the meal. Our server was the best and I cannot wait to return again....highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food overcookedLytoVIPDined on 11/14/2014Wine list would have been nice if the ipad worked, but it was not. My steak was cooked perfect but they forgot the blue cheese topping. The other 3 steaks in my group were overcooked. Service was great, they were able to work around my allergy of mushrooms. It was a bit pricy for the quality, but overall the food was good and we had a great time. We were given a $25.00 gift certificate for our troubles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre Diningnew2hinghamDined on 11/14/2014Food, service and ambience were all excellent. My wife and I had steak (New York Strip and Peppercorn), both were cooked as requested and very tasty. Our friends got fish and also enjoyed their dishes very much. We ordered two sides, lobster mashed potatoes and asparagus. The lobster mashed appeared to have the equivalent of an entire tail piled on top, very good!! We advised the servers that we had theatre tickets and they made sure we through with dinner in plenty of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicePatriciaDined on 11/11/2014I love the fact that wonderful small plates are available.Special Features:
- Kids had a blastRED6439VIPDined on 11/9/2014Great kids menu. Took them to Flemings before we went and saw Annie. It was great. Kids loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on 11/8/14DSmithVIPDined on 11/8/2014Very good food overall. Great wine list and the I Pad type wine list is a great idea. Excellent and very polite waiter (Andrew H)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeCharlestownJoVIPDined on 11/8/2014Are there for third time with my family. Really disappointed with the meal the prime rib was dry and over cooked and very mean portion for $52. My guests all enjoyed the occasion and the poor food did not spoil the evening. Our server was pleasant and looked after us well enough. I like Flemings because of the staff and the atmosphere. I did notivce there where quite a few large parties perhaps the kitchen gets to stretched on a busy Saturday night. I'll stick to weekdays in the future.Special Features:
- ExceptionalamdmDined on 11/7/2014I have been to Fleming's in the past and despite the many excellent restaurants in the Back Bay area, I keep coming back. The atmosphere is a unique combination of elegant, romantic, fun and festive. The food is consistently outstanding and creative in flavor combinations and presentation. Whether I come with one guest or a group, the experience is always the same : Personal and wonderful. I look forward to my next visit to Back Bay when I am sure to again visit my favorite go-to restaurant. I cannot more highly recommend Flemings.Special Features:
- PatriciaDined on 11/4/2014Love the small plate option. Service was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelaDined on 11/1/2014The food lacked presentation and creativity. Our server was wonderful and the martini was delicious unfortunately the meal was not
- Impeccable all aroundMunkustrap178Dined on 11/1/2014Expensive, but worth it. The service and the food are both above and beyond. Worth the splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceSuefromSouthernNHDined on 10/31/2014Our table was ready when promised. Service was absolutely perfect- attentive and polite without hovering. Fabulous food - I highly recommend the mushroom ravioli appetizer. The filet was to die for. Turtle pie dessert also fantastic. All in all, a wonderful evening. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Five stars are not enough!CFMBDined on 10/31/2014I can not say enough about Flemings. The food was amazing and the service was unparalleled. We were celebrating a special occasion and Simon, our waiter, and Rachel, the manager on staff went above and beyond in customer service. It was an unforgettable night. The food was delicious and impeccably prepared. The restaurant wasn't too noisy, but it wasn't too quiet either. I have not had service like that in a very long time. Fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakVIPDined on 10/31/2014I have been going to Fleming's over the years and i have the best steak there that I ever had and i have also had the worst, I wish that the Boston restaurant could be become more consistent. I feel that when you go there you never know what you are going to get. It could be great or it could be bad. All depends on the night.Special Features:
- Always superbEdmundDined on 10/30/2014Another great meal and terrific service. We are eager to return.Special Features:
- First time, great luckluv2eatDined on 10/29/2014Lovely, warm dining room. The restaurant wasn't crowded; but we had an early reservation. We were seated at a large, comfy booth and asked if it was a special occasion. Our server was friendly and professional and right on top of things. The wine list is amazing. Diners are served yummy french bread with two spreads. My husband ordered oysters---they were delicious. The salads were fresh. I had the caesar with good dressing on the side. It comes with bacon. The swordfish I ordered was cooked perfectly and the entree was huge. My husband got the prime rib special. He was very happy. The entrees are pricey but you can order from appetizer menu. I would love to come back and have a cocktail in the beautiful bar areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in YearsBlondieVIPDined on 10/25/2014We eat out a lot, and this was the best steak dinner we've had in years! We both ordered the Petite Filet, and it was seasoned and cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- steak not cooked wellBB01Dined on 10/25/2014OK but average steak. Steak was also under cooked compared to what we asked for. Not a bad place but it would not be at the top my list
- Great Pre-TheaterGoodFoodMattersVIPDined on 10/25/2014What a special treat to dine here before our evening at the theater - we were especially pleased with the small plate options and the assortment of sides - food was terrific, service was equally terrific - attentive and helpful but not overly so. We marveled at how we were not at all rushed which is exactly what we were hoping for - plenty of time to savor the meal and still could walk to the theater at a leisurely pace. We will keep this in mind for our next outing!Special Features:
- Spun the bottle....CondoCookVIPDined on 10/24/2014We loved the iPad wine list and had fun spinning the bottle to find a great Rioja. We all had previous positive experiences at Fleming's and weren't disappointed again. The steaks were great. The only complaint my friend and I had was that there wasn't enough Burrata on the Tomato Burrata salad, especially since we split it. The bartender made me a drink to order, and I loved that the Mule was served in a proper copper mug. Fleming's will remain on our "go to list" for both good food and drinks.Special Features:
- Superior serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014We were from out of town and were looking for a good "steak house experience". Flemings did not disappoint. The most notable highlights were the impeccable service and the delicious steaks!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner outwestiboyDined on 10/22/2014Fleming's has always delivered a great dining experience, and this is still true. The atmosphere and ambiance is luxurious and warm, without being boring a staid. The food is always excellent, and of course the steaks are great cuts prepared exactly as you request. In all the times I've eaten here, I've never had to send a steak back that was over or under done. In particular, the service is always impeccable. From the hosting staff in the front, to the bartenders, to the servers and bussers, everyone works to ensure that your experience is a good one and your needs are taken care of. Of all the steakhouses in Boston, Fleming's continues to be my favorite.Special Features:
- Prime rib special is a bargainDityVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had the prime rib special....everything was excellent...We started with the Blue Cheese wedge salad, very good....the prime rib was nice sized and done perfectly. our sides were the creamed spinach and the scalloped potatoes...both good but the creamed spinach was heavy on the sauce and light on the spinach. The chocolate lava cake is not to be missed....a great meal and way more than I could eat. They currently have a wine special on wines they are discontinuing..half price....a great bargain. The service was excellent. A great meal.Special Features:
- Good SteakhousejcziiVIPDined on 10/18/2014My family enjoyed Flemmings. I would say it was on par with other high end steakhouses. Modern minimalistic décor as opposed to traditional steakhouses. There were a couple of servers tending to the table. The main waiter was personable and made the evening very enjoyable. The only disappointment was the seafood tower. We had it for 3 and it was not a tower at all, but a bowl with a lobster tail, a few King and snowcrab crab legs, several nice sized shrimp and a couple of oysters. Nothing was that tasty. Steaks were great and nice sizes. Strange they ran out of espresso cups and brought the single shot of espresso in large cappuccino cups, but I guess that was part of the fun. Wine selection recommended was great. Lava cake was outstanding.Special Features:
- Terrific eveningCarolDined on 10/18/2014We had a terrific dinner last weekend. We were a party of 10 & were seated in a smaller room in the back. Our server was very good- no complaints with the service. Everyone had steak (except for the 1 vegetarian who loved the mushroom ravioli). The sides were delicious as were the desserts. Nothing bad to say. I would definitely reccomend this restaurant-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!JFR30Dined on 10/18/2014Great food and superb service! This is our 7th visit to the same location and it is always a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Better than expectedLateluncherDined on 10/17/2014The service was attentive. Was a last minute birthday dinner and they were gracious and accommodating. The meal was as good as any steakhouse we've been to and the carrot cake was fabulous. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDaveVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food was fantastic, well prepared. The steaks were like cutting through butter. The wait staff couldn't be more friendly, nor accommodating. Definitely go to Flemings if you are in a city that they are in.Special Features:
- WonderfulNitesOutDined on 10/17/2014Made a reservation to this wonderful steakhouse and they always exceed expectations. The prices are slightly high but the food and the service are well worth the cost. The entire staff made this a wonderful night.Special Features:
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014We LOVED our meal but did wait a bit for dessert...maybe 45 minutes!Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Would recommend to everyone, the best service and food we have ever had. We went in with high expectations and not only we they met they we beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!Tres1Dined on 10/11/2014Dining at Flemings was great, the food was great along with the service. We ended up mentioning that we were dining there for a special occasion and our server gave us a special treat as we left, we will be back again!Special Features: