Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham
103 Summit Blvd.
Birmingham, AL 35243Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/al/birmingham
- Phone: 2052629463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)notable wine list (40)romantic (24)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2014We got an email from Flemings announcing National Cheeseburger Day with related specials. What a fun excuse to go to Flemings! We celebrated with cocktails and cheeseburgers. Like always, the food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hate to complain but disappointed.GiGiDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I went to Flemings for our anniversary. I had never been. He had been there but I had not. The ambiance was nice for our special occasion and our server was wonderful. His name was Ben. We appreciated the box of chocolate truffles, the $25 Gift Card and the complimentary valet. My husband is on crutches and having the car waiting as we walked out of the restaurant was nice. We both had rib-eye steaks. My husband said his was wonderful. Mine was very tender but had no flavor whatsoever. Our side of potatoes was sitting in grease. Our molten-lava cake was burned. For a meal of $170 (NO alcohol) plus tip I was very disappointed. I did not make my complaints known as I did not want to ruin the evening for my husband.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceJamBolDined on 8/18/2014Food was fantastic and service was superior. They were always attentive to our group, food presentation was very good, and we found the wine selection very good as well. The restaurant can be pretty loud on a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great but over pricedsuperwomanDined on 8/15/2014There is nothing negative about this restuarant except the price. Every dish was excellent but I have have just as good for half the price. Main courses are not served with a side which unless you can agree with the person you are ding with one the same one, you end up purchasing 2 @ 10 ea. Salads were good but also served a la carte. We will definitely reserve this one for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service & Attentionspl0319Dined on 8/13/2014Of course the food was outstanding, but the service and attention paid to our table by all the wait staff responsible for our table was unsurpassed by any place I've been before. The knowledge of the menu, the wine list with pairing suggestions, and the ease of transition from appetizer to the salad course and then to the entrée was seamless. The food, service , and overall experience was well worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good….Sides were too Saltycooks4uVIPDined on 8/9/2014Steaks were well prepared, although there was a bit too much gristle for a steak of that price point. The sides were fine, but were way over seasoned which really took away from the flavor instead of enhancing the side. We were a bit disappointed. This meal was way over priced for the quality that was presented. We could have eaten at a James Beard award restaurant in the area for less. The service however was good and the wine pairing was excellent. We hadn't eaten here in several years and wanted to give it another opportunity. I don't think we will be dining here often. It isn't bad, it just isn't good enough to pay these prices when there are better options in the area for less.
- A DECISION FREE BIRTHDAY!AuntGloDined on 8/3/2014My niece was exhausted and didn't want to make dinner plans for our group of 6, after all, it was her birthday! I looked up top 10 restaurants in the area and found Fleming's. I made the reservation and requested something special be done for the Birthday Girl. I also ordered our meals in advance, from salad to desserts. No one in our party had been to this restaurant so I was taking a chance which exceeded my expectations. The table was decorated with mints and a birthday card from the staff. Our food was excellent and everyone was pleased with their meal. After dinner the waiter brought a gift certificate to my niece and chocolate truffles. I could have planned this day for weeks and not have had a more enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPatrickRDined on 8/2/2014When looking for a steak in Birmingham, this is the place to go. Extensive wine list and a very limited beer list for those of us who want beer (they have Duvel and an Ommegang). The food is prepared perfectly, the service is excellent. We tried a bit of everything on Saturday, I doubt the steaks really need reviewing. Seared perfectly, finished with butter, etc. What stood out the most was the Roasted Mushroom Ravioli and French Quarter Barbeque Shrimp appetizers. The Shrimp dish wasn't quite what we were expecting: it was better, in a slightly creamy sauce that I haven't typically seen in the New Orleans style bbq shrimp dishes I've tried previously. And the porcini butter sauce: I don't care how many calories per bite it is. Yum.Special Features:
- outstandingyumyumDined on 7/26/2014We took some friends who had never been before and they were very impressed. They had been to Fox Valley the night before and had filet but said those could not hold a candle to Flemings filet. We are never disappointed and this is what makes us come back again and again. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Upscale DinnerKamichaDined on 7/22/2014We had a small group for a business dinner. Lots of appetizers and beef all around. The food was very good, and the quality of steaks were first rate and not the least shy in size and sizzle. Table consensus was that the Mac and Cheese is the best in the universe and could easily be a entrée. With the exception of the Carpaccio, the appetizers were bold in flavor and very sharable. Salads and side dishes were very tasty as well and perhaps not suited for someone on a diet. Hence the flavor. Service was exceptional, spirited and personalized. Ambience was about what you would expect from a moderately high-end chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent dining experienceTEH2Dined on 7/4/2014We often use Fleming's for entertaining out-of-town guests and for special occasions, and lately have been including more often, as the staff there is so well trained and the food never disappoints. This is an excellent choice in the ever expanding Greater Birmingham "foodie" scene. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Dinner at Flemingsglobaltraveler1Dined on 6/28/2014I have dined at Flemings for romantic dinners many times and the ambience was perfect. This time was a family outing with small children included, and the experience was just as delightful. I have enjoyed this restaurant many times, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Business DiningBurnmanDined on 6/26/2014Our party of six was well treated from the moment we arrived and were quickly shown to our table through our departure valet having brought the car up as we stepped outside. The food was excellent quality and prepared exactly to each person's request. Our server was very attentive and never missed pouring the wine and checking on us carefully. The seafood tower appetizer was a great start, highly recommend it. Our steaks and chops were perfectly prepared. We chose a good variety of sides. The scalloped potatoes were exemplary. This is a great place to share a wonderful dinner and perfect for business entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CustomerguywhoateDined on 6/21/2014A wonderful experience. Flawless reservation, great seating, friendly service, and delicious food. As smooth as you'd like for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Enjoyable settingslhmDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary there. The steaks and salads were excellent but the sides were not up to our expectations. The service was excellent and we never had to ask for anything. It was still a delightful evening. I would definitely recommend it to our friends and will go there again.Special Features:
- Nothing specialJimRDined on 6/21/2014Nice atmosphere but the dessert (cake) was not very good and the Cappucino not hot or foamy. Steak was good but nothing unusual.
- Father's Day Brunchdiner44Dined on 6/15/2014We had a lovely meal on Father's Day at Flemings. The food was delicious. Our servers were so attentive, we did not lack anything. The manager stopped by our table which is always a nice touch. We also received a complimentary gift card which we will definitely use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST STEAK EVER!RDFOODIEDined on 5/31/2014THE FLAVORFUL BONE IN RIB EYE WAS COOKED TO PERFECTION. OUR CHOICE FOR DESSERT WAS CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE. I CAN'T IMAGINE ANY OF THE OTHER OFFERINGS BEING ANY BETTER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ba & DaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014It was a wonderful experience. I would rate the food my highest ever. The waitstaff (Jaser) was very personable and attended to our every needs. His suggestions were right on target. Everyone was friendly and we were greeted with a smile by everyone we came in contact with. This added greatly to our dining experience. I would recommend Fleming's to anyone looking for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2014we took an early dinner reservation 6p. Not many people in at that time, the service was very good attentive staff. We ordered a BBQ shrimp appetizer it was very tasty ( recommend ) my wife ordered a salad which she seemed to enjoy believe it was the Fleming salad...main course consisted of filets for all three of us..ordered mine med....came out as ordered and very tender ( 8oz ) great flavor. If you have not visited Flemings, their menu is ala cart. Wife and daughter order a glass of red wine I do not remember which one but do know they enjoyed it...sorry not much help for the wine lovers out there but they do have quite a wine list..over all a good dining evening.Special Features:
- The following 240 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham reviews archive.
- Great service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/23/2014Manager gave us three free desserts for special celebrationSpecial Features:
- Classy Place to CelebratestillinthefortDined on 5/17/2014Fleming's was a memorable experience - obviously the steaks were amazing and the wine was very good. I would recommend this for special occasions like celebrating a graduation, which is what we did. Be prepared for about $65-80 per person with very modest beverage bill.Special Features:
- Delicious steaks! Great service!KarenDined on 5/13/2014Our steaks were perfectly cooked. Servers were very attentive and took great care of us. All around good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special not goodBrucebDined on 5/9/2014We dined with a group of four. Three of the group had the fillets (both petite and main) and one of our group had one of the specials. The special was a steak with bearnaise sauce with crab meat. The fillets were excellent but the special was terrible. The member of our party said it had a lot of fat in it and was very greasy. If I had known earlier in the meal I would have had it sent back to the kitchen. This experience did not make for a good dining experience for the entire group.Special Features:
- Great SteakthelungmanDined on 5/3/2014The food was prepared well, but the prices have gone out of sight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bpsaDined on 4/29/2014Food over the last couples times have been not to parI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too expensive.NeuradDined on 4/25/2014The food here is great but it has become so expensive that we can't afford to eat here anymore. We had to order small plates because steaks were in the $40-50 range. And the small plates were really small, like appetizer portions. Disappointing to say the least. Also the wine bottle prices are outrageous...$20 more for some bottles than we pay in other area restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing special.... regularSeanMVIPDined on 4/11/2014nothing special.... regular run of the mill steakhouse.
- Great Meal in Birmingham!PUNKINSTUFFDined on 4/11/2014Delicious meal! Food just as we ordered! Service was amazing! It's a keeper for Birmingham visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodHiroProVIPDined on 4/11/2014Always a good consistant experience here. I sign up for special offers just to prompt me to try new things once in a while. I'm never disappointed.Special Features:
- Special eveningMikeDined on 4/6/2014Great and attentative service and a greeting from the manageron my special b'day. Food was good and their Sunday special was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating disappointmenthappyDined on 4/5/2014Although we had reservations, it was as if we didn't have any. They actually seated us in a private dining room with 2 other couples. Shortly thereafter they left and we were there all alone. With folders on a table along one wall. they then seated a last minute dining group (of 10 golfers) with us. We like the ambience of the main dining area....but felt like we weren't part of the restaurant. It was a disappointment in that we were celebrating our anniversary and expected more from the environment than we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakBobbyDined on 4/4/2014Fleming's can be expensive but a good spot for great steak on a special occasion. The service was flawless but the noise level can get annoying. I prefer Don Shula's for quiet romantic ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.MiamiMomDined on 3/29/2014Service is average. Food is good but not outstanding.
- Great food and wine.BhamDawgDined on 3/29/2014The barbeque shrimp appetizer was great. Our server was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's BirminghambrittanyDined on 3/29/2014Good steaks. Sides were pretty good. The molten chocolate lava cake was not molten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made a mistake on my reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2014I made a mistake on my reservation and the manager immediately found us a table for 7 and then checked during the dinner to make sure everything was good. That is excellent! The food was wonderful as always!'Special Features:
- My wife and I celebrated ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Fleming's Steakhouse, Birmingham, AL. It was a delightful experience. The service was exceptional. We were made to feel very special. I would certainly recommended Flemings as a special place of dining. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Will definitely do it again when we are in town. All the staff were friendly and inviting.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!CatBDined on 3/14/2014Our meal began with our waiter Jaser (I think that's how he spells it, Jasper without the P) or Jaz as we called him. He was very knowledgeable about the wine list and led us to discover a wine we wouldn't have otherwise tried, but all LOVED! The appetizers were great and the steaks were perfectly cooked. A great meal from beginning to end, with excellent service. Will definitely go back when in Birmingham again, and can highly recommend it if you are in the market for a special meal. Pricy, but worth it.Special Features: