Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI
323 N Old Woodward Avenue
Birmingham, MI 48009Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/mi/birmingham
- Phone: 2487230134
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Oakland Avenue
- Public Transit: The restaurant is located across the street from a public transportation post.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for a nominal fee. There is a parking structure north of the entrance. The first two hours of parking are complimentary.
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)notable wine list (36)romantic (30)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- Awesome food!VastellDined on 8/31/2014Great prime rib specials! Steaks are always good and the service is great. Friendly atmosphere. Wine selection is outstanding also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef is our specialtyGaryWVIPDined on 8/25/2014Fleming's Birmingham continues to shine. A must for steak lovers!
- Damn good steakCharnedVIPDined on 8/24/2014I like my steak well-rested, well-peppered, sufficiently juice, and as rare as possible. Fleming's prime rib steak was a 10/10. Other items: the Parmesan sourdough + accoutrements that they offer each table comes warm, a nice start. The Fleming's salad is pretty underwhelming--just some lettuce roughly chopped, tomatoes, onions, and a stingy amount of candied nuts. The swordfish and the pork chop were a little dry, but the quality sauces somewhat made up for that. I don't fault them too much--swordfish and pork chops are as a rule kind of dry. The chocolate lava cake was A+: slight bitterness of dark chocolate cut by the cold Chantilly cream served on the side. Anyway--my recommendation is to order a steak if you're at a steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not sure we will go back1stTimersDined on 8/24/2014The atmosphere was very nice as well as the service and the staff. We went for my husbands first birthday as a married couple. He loves steak so i just knew he would love Flemings. Turns out he only "liked it". Says some of the food was too salty and other items were just OK. I was so disappointed for him. My meal was good but not excellent as I expected from all of the reviews. They did give my husband a gift certificate for $25 which was really nice. We will probably go back for desert. I had a chocolate caramel pie which was the best!Special Features:
- Great Customer Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I celebrated my 29th birthday at Fleming's. I used Open Table for reservations. I noted in the comment section that it was my birthday. Everyone, from the hostess to our waiter and the manager, wished me a happy birthday. At the end of dinner, I was given a gift card and box of truffles. I was so surprised. The truffles were great. The steaks were cooked to perfection. Our waiter, James, suggested the chocolate lava cake. It was delicious. All in all, we had a great dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!grendelVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our first visit to Fleming's Steakhouse was a wonderful experience. Our waiter, George, made sure that we were totally taken care of--he was personable and involved, but not obtrusive. My appetizer, calamari, was the best I have ever had--and I have had plenty of calamari dishes in my lifetime. The spices and sauce were superb. Also, my beet/heirloom tomato salad was outstanding. I could go on and on--everything was excellent from the hot bread with two different butters, my husband's prime rib and lentil soup, the well-made martinis, served ice cold, and the fresh vegetables. This restaurant deserves every accolade for its service and food. Generous portions, too!Special Features:
- Always reliable Flemings..LinnieVIPDined on 8/9/2014While pricey, you certainly still get your money's worth. The steaks here are the best in town despite many other competing steakhouses nearby. They have a great value happy hour....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarymelanieVIPDined on 8/2/2014had a wonderful anniversary dinner. have been to Flemings many times, and always enjoy my meal the bartender very nice and waiter pleasant too. will return again when in areaSpecial Features:
- excellentDaveVIPDined on 8/2/2014great meal and service---the wait staff was excellent. The onion rings are a house specialtySpecial Features:
- Fantastic experience againBhamdinerDined on 7/31/2014The food, drinks, and service were top notch. Having frequented Flemings a number of times previously, this visit was equally as great for my wife & I. The wine, Bone-in rib eye, Ceaser's salad, Mac & Cheese, creamed corn, and the lava cake for desert were all delicious. I would strongly recommend Fleming's to anyone who wants a very nice evening outSpecial Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Visited for a special occasion and everything was perfect. Service was attentive without hovering. Food was outstanding. Steaks were cooked perfectly. Nice touch was a box of truffles (wonderful) to take home to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviewscoops63Dined on 7/24/2014Food was excellent as was our waiter (can't remember his name) - tall African American - great sense of humor. He recommended the Carrot Cake for dessert as being the best - took a piece to my employer and we both decided it IS the BEST cake we've ever had, carrot or not! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningjetskiboatVIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was outstanding as always. Glad to see the reduced size option for those who enjoy smaller portions but the same great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, hospitality, & foodalsalDined on 6/24/2014The service was awesomestablished from top to bottom. Food was great. I definitely got my money's worth since it was the perfect evening for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7 out of 10 stars on my scaleFoodieDined on 6/22/2014I'll definitely go to Fleming's in Birmingham again someday. The food was excellent though the initially I thought the portion of the lobster tails were quite small for the price. Quality of lobster was outstanding so since I'm about quality and not quantity, the price was acceptable. Side dishes are good for two typical Americans to share but could be shared among 4 Europeans since they don't tend to engorge themselves like Americans do. :) Service was outstanding in the beginning but seemingly dwindled as the evening wore on. Expect dim lighting. It was difficult to read the menu and wine selection but the waiter was helpful identifying flavors we were looking for.Special Features:
- great for anniversaryadflVIPDined on 6/2/2014we had a wonderful meal. overall ambiance was a bit quiet but very comfortableSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed our visitdolittleDined on 5/24/2014We came here to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday with another couple. Right from entering the door, it was welcoming. Friendly staff at the front, friendly bartenders. They have awesome homemade chips! We tried their Fleming's potatoes, I think it was called with jalapenos, and the chipotle mac and cheese. Both were very good. As most steak houses in the our area, they are on the pricey side, comparable to Morton's or Capital Grille. My husband received a gift card and a box of truffles, which was totally unexpected! Again, very nice staff and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!VastellDined on 5/23/2014We come here often and have never been disappointed. Kudos to the staff and management!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok. Service was lousy! BarOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2014Our entrees were great! However, the baked Brie was awful and undercooked. The service in the bar was awful! Our waitress forgot to put our order in until 20 minutes after we ordered and it took an hour to get our food! Unacceptable!Special Features:
- delicious as alwaysSoTexFoodieDined on 5/8/2014We love Flemmings and always try to dine there when in town. Excellent lamb and great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 311 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI reviews archive.
- REDEEMED and REMARKABLEIsthereawordDined on 4/30/2014Mr. LOOMIS and wait staff, ESPIRE are REMARKABLE. I love Great quality FOOD! Thank you for a great dinner and for making BD#2 great. The JUMBO LUMP CRAB CAKES were divine, the CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE was incredible, and what a very tasty RUFFINO.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/30/2014David our waiter was fabulous. We were there celebrating my friend's 50th bday. He had never bn there and he is hard to please. He gave 2 thumbs up. The only downside was the smell of a sour mop when you first walk in. I have bn there many times before and that was a first. Glad the food and service made up for it for my first time visitor. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumJgb8080VIPDined on 4/26/2014We have an absolutely great dinner everything was wonderful service was great we will continue to come back!Special Features:
- Flemings in Birmingham MIMimi4TannerDined on 4/25/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday. We received excellent care and our waiter, Dave was our supreme host. He and the rest of the staff were friendly and attentive. I would recommend this Fleming's to anyone who would like a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Always goodGrazieVIPDined on 4/24/2014Our filets was cooked perfectly and we loved the French green beans. We like the Happy Hour Red Blend wine in the bar…yumSpecial Features:
- Easter Dinner was Great!!LikeItFreshDined on 4/20/2014Flemings was a great choice for our family to enjoy a relaxing and delicious Easter dinner. Our waiter, James, was courteous, pleasant and knowledgable about the menu. The chicken and creamed corn was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable Cow PalaceTexInDined on 4/19/2014Flemings is what you expect in a higher end steakhouse. Seated immediately in one of the best locations in the restaurant - half moon booth against the wall that gives a nice view of the entire dining room. Waiter stopped by to get water order very quickly. Was conversant in the details of the menu and quick to provide recommendations when asked. Shrimp cocktail starter was good but average. Filet and bone in ribeye both delivered at the requested temperature. Ribeye was not as thick as expected but overall a very good steak. Crème brulee was very good and the espresso spot on. Overall a very good experience. Not the benchmark but very dependable to deliver on the fundamentals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmemeDined on 4/12/2014The food was great I would recommend this place to everyone our waiter was good we really enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2014As always, wonderful! I've never had less than stellar at this restaurant! A favorite! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Meal and food quality wasJimboVIPDined on 4/7/2014Meal and food quality was good not great. For their pricing I expect great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLisaRDined on 4/7/2014The happy hour menu is excellent. Full size appetizers for half off. We started with the carpaccio and could have made that our meal. Their dinner special of lobster and fillet was wonderful. The filet was cooked to perfection, and the ½ pound lobster tail was sweet and succulent . The service was perfect. I did not even have to ask for more water, which was a pleasant surprise. Would highly recommend for special occasion or happy hour for a affordable quick bite.Special Features:
- Awesome service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Wait staff (melvin) was very informative and entertaining. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Always greatRaviVIPDined on 4/2/2014Food here is always terrific. While there was a minor blip in our last experience, this time Flemings was as good as always. Recommendations as always for the bone-in ribeye (perfectly cooked again), creamed spinach, lobster tempura (expensive, but oh my god so good), salt and pepper shrimp (a new surprise), and the cesar salad. Service is just top of the heap - friendly, timely, non-rushed, and amazingly kid-friendly given it's relatively upscale. Always recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!JerryDined on 3/29/2014Our first time in this restaurant and it was a great fine. Food and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningRodemasterDined on 3/29/2014Simply one of the best dinners my wife and I have ever had. The filet was perfectly cooked, and tender enough to cut with a fork. Fleming's potatos and their Chipotle Mac and Cheese was amazing. Terrific wine list (we used their in-house iPad). They made a special evening even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday pleasureMboylanDined on 3/29/20141st time at Flemings, pleasantly surprised. Reserved through Open Table for my gal's birthday, special request for no cake or singing, just a quiet booth. Service was understated, cordial, just right for my taste on that score. Two great steaks, salad split per request. One of the best NY strip steaks I've had in a while. Great wine list( as others have noted, the iPad wine "list" malfunctioned), and really fine house wine by the glass at a much better value. Flemings is expensive, $8-10 for potato side, $7 valet parking? Not quite best value with such prices, but it was worth the splurge on this special occasion.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceAngelikaVIPDined on 3/28/2014We had fantastic service by James and all of his right hand men. The petit filet with risotto was to die for. My mom greatly enjoyed her scallops and my dad loved the shrimp skewers. Be prepared to drop $100 p/p with wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceBhamdinerDined on 3/26/2014I took my father to Flemings for his birthday and the experience was fantastic. We had the mushroom ravioli appetizer, a Ceasar salad, a bone in ribeye, a filet, and sides of creamed spinach along with sautéed mushrooms. Everything was cooked to perfection and the only problem was having to carry all the leftovers home. Great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fabulous Meal!ChampagneAndCervezasDined on 3/22/2014I have been to many, many, many fine dining establishments over the years and Fleming's still cooks one of my favorite steaks! Sometimes I just want a little spice and a great martini (Ok, all the time). I ordered the Filet, cajun style with the trio of sauces. Our group prefers to sit in the bar area of most places for ambience although we are also food and wine snobs. We were not disappointed! At this particular outing, two in our group of four were celebrating birthdays. The wait staff was attentive and the maitre de gave the birthday guests a special box of truffle chocolates to take home. They were yummy! I highly recommend Fleming's for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I went to FlemingsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014My wife and I went to Flemings for our third anniversary and this was the first time we have dined at Flemings. With so many great restaurants in the Birmingham/Troy area it can be hard to choose. Flemings strong point was the service very knowledgeable, friendly and fun servers. The food although maybe not the best of the best it was worth it and I will be going back. They have a great wine selection and give each table a tablet that allows you to use diffrent search options to find the perfect glass or bottle and if you can't decide the staff will help match a perfect wine for your meal. My wife had the salmon and I had the prime bone in new york strip both cooked exactly how we wanted and both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.