Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI
323 N Old Woodward Avenue
Birmingham, MI 48009Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/mi/birmingham
- Phone: 2487230134
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Oakland Avenue
- Public Transit: The restaurant is located across the street from a public transportation post.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for a nominal fee. There is a parking structure north of the entrance. The first two hours of parking are complimentary.
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)notable wine list (44)romantic (39)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A little less than usualBigDaddyBDined on 10/19/2014Having dined here quite often, this time was maybe not as good as usual. The food was good, the service was good, but the party at the next table were obnoxiously Loud! I am not one to complain often but they were celebrating some occasion and it was quite selfish of them to not respect the rights of others to have a enjoyable evening. In the future, if I see that type of crowd close, I will just request to sit elsewhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014There was a strong smell of mothballs throughout the dining room. Very strange. It also took some time for bread to arrive to our table, and when is did, I was disappointed that it was sourdough, and the 2 spreads were strange. I would have preferred a choice on the bread and some good old fashioned butter. I planned on getting the filet, but after our servers description, I ordered the special, the bone-in filet. My fault for not asking, but I was a bit shocked to find that it was so much more ($59) than the regular filet ($41?), and I ordered it "medium" but it came out somewhat charred on the outside and pinkish grey inside. Unfortunately, not one of our better visits to Flemings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findSamanthaDined on 10/16/2014We never knew this restaurant was in Birmingham as it doesn't have any big signs calling you in. We learned of it through open table and were pleased when we went. It wasn't overly packed and were greeted by the friendly staff. Our waitress Espire was fantastic. She helped us navigate the menu and suggested wines that were what we were looking for. The Caesar salad, swordfish and filet were delicious and I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014My husband and I had our 29th anniversary dinner here on a Sunday evening. The food, service and atmosphere were all excellent. I look forward to eating here again.Special Features:
- BEST LATE HAPPY HOUR EVERTheGourmandVIPDined on 10/10/2014I came to dine specifically for their new small plate specialties - 8 for $9 before 10 pm "8-9-10" special. I had the Short Rib of beef empanada, and the AHI tuna taco trio. The Empanadas were delivered over a bit of sriracha and accented with a small gravy boat of buerre blanc. Alone they were spicy and delicious, but with both sauces they were simply outstanding. The AHI tacos were a bit citrusy, but the pico de gallo and the hard corn shell made it a fresh crunch-fest. As a final hurrah, I ordered their fresh cinnamon donuts. They came hot from the kitchen over a smear of cocoa with sides of lemon curd and blueberry jelly, every bite was like a beignet from heaven or New Orleans directly, truly outstanding with a hot cup of coffee.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Food was outstanding. Service was top shelf. Fantastic dining experience.Special Features:
- Date Night4restaurantweekDined on 10/1/2014Overall a good experience but definitely pricy. Enjoyed the wine and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf & TurfsambyVIPDined on 9/28/2014The filet mignon was perfect as well as the lobster tail. The service was above average but NOT excellent. I don't eat at this Fleming's very often.Special Features:
- Nobody is perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Fleming's was our go-to place for special occasions. But this Saturday was very atypical. The service was atrocious. Our service was split between a busboy, a 2nd person covering for the waiter and then finally our very neglectful waiter. While we appreciated the mea culpa by all ... The evening was a bust. We never heard about the specials until after we ordered wine .. So there was no option for matching. Oh ... And one of our 2 steaks was not cooked to order. Please be a one- off. Fleming's is better than this evening.
- SeptemberOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014The food was outstanding and the service was great. Portions where excellent and order was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Enjoyable!DocPDined on 9/13/2014We had a most enjoyable evening celebrating a friend's 50th birthday. Our wait staff was extremely helpful and attentive. The "last Call" wine event is an amazing deal. It was great to see a full dining room in an upscale restaurant. Well deserved for the restaurant as they go out of their way to make your experience most enjoyable. The food was excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rlrdrrDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- emptynestmomDined on 9/3/2014Excellent service and a great wine list! We had the 3 course filet and lobster meal. Very delicious., nice presentation, well-seasoned. We were given truffles and a gift card at the end of our meal. Great way to celebrate our 26th anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak in townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Celebrated my birthday here and I would say I chose the perfect place for my special day. I ordered the Prime Ribeye Steak and had it cooked medium and it's the best steak I've ever tasted. I saved room for dessert and had the chocolate lava cake. So yummy. Overall service was excellent. Got a box of chocolate and a $25.00 gift card for my b-day. I would definitely come back and savour the best steak in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Nice evening!! Food very good and the waitstaff professional and attentive. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Awesome food!VastellDined on 8/31/2014Great prime rib specials! Steaks are always good and the service is great. Friendly atmosphere. Wine selection is outstanding also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef is our specialtyGaryWVIPDined on 8/25/2014Fleming's Birmingham continues to shine. A must for steak lovers!
- Damn good steakCharnedVIPDined on 8/24/2014I like my steak well-rested, well-peppered, sufficiently juice, and as rare as possible. Fleming's prime rib steak was a 10/10. Other items: the Parmesan sourdough + accoutrements that they offer each table comes warm, a nice start. The Fleming's salad is pretty underwhelming--just some lettuce roughly chopped, tomatoes, onions, and a stingy amount of candied nuts. The swordfish and the pork chop were a little dry, but the quality sauces somewhat made up for that. I don't fault them too much--swordfish and pork chops are as a rule kind of dry. The chocolate lava cake was A+: slight bitterness of dark chocolate cut by the cold Chantilly cream served on the side. Anyway--my recommendation is to order a steak if you're at a steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not sure we will go back1stTimersDined on 8/24/2014The atmosphere was very nice as well as the service and the staff. We went for my husbands first birthday as a married couple. He loves steak so i just knew he would love Flemings. Turns out he only "liked it". Says some of the food was too salty and other items were just OK. I was so disappointed for him. My meal was good but not excellent as I expected from all of the reviews. They did give my husband a gift certificate for $25 which was really nice. We will probably go back for desert. I had a chocolate caramel pie which was the best!Special Features:
- Great Customer Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I celebrated my 29th birthday at Fleming's. I used Open Table for reservations. I noted in the comment section that it was my birthday. Everyone, from the hostess to our waiter and the manager, wished me a happy birthday. At the end of dinner, I was given a gift card and box of truffles. I was so surprised. The truffles were great. The steaks were cooked to perfection. Our waiter, James, suggested the chocolate lava cake. It was delicious. All in all, we had a great dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!grendelVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our first visit to Fleming's Steakhouse was a wonderful experience. Our waiter, George, made sure that we were totally taken care of--he was personable and involved, but not obtrusive. My appetizer, calamari, was the best I have ever had--and I have had plenty of calamari dishes in my lifetime. The spices and sauce were superb. Also, my beet/heirloom tomato salad was outstanding. I could go on and on--everything was excellent from the hot bread with two different butters, my husband's prime rib and lentil soup, the well-made martinis, served ice cold, and the fresh vegetables. This restaurant deserves every accolade for its service and food. Generous portions, too!Special Features:
- Always reliable Flemings..LinnieVIPDined on 8/9/2014While pricey, you certainly still get your money's worth. The steaks here are the best in town despite many other competing steakhouses nearby. They have a great value happy hour....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarymelanieVIPDined on 8/2/2014had a wonderful anniversary dinner. have been to Flemings many times, and always enjoy my meal the bartender very nice and waiter pleasant too. will return again when in areaSpecial Features:
- excellentDaveVIPDined on 8/2/2014great meal and service---the wait staff was excellent. The onion rings are a house specialtySpecial Features:
- Fantastic experience againBhamdinerDined on 7/31/2014The food, drinks, and service were top notch. Having frequented Flemings a number of times previously, this visit was equally as great for my wife & I. The wine, Bone-in rib eye, Ceaser's salad, Mac & Cheese, creamed corn, and the lava cake for desert were all delicious. I would strongly recommend Fleming's to anyone who wants a very nice evening outSpecial Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Visited for a special occasion and everything was perfect. Service was attentive without hovering. Food was outstanding. Steaks were cooked perfectly. Nice touch was a box of truffles (wonderful) to take home to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviewscoops63Dined on 7/24/2014Food was excellent as was our waiter (can't remember his name) - tall African American - great sense of humor. He recommended the Carrot Cake for dessert as being the best - took a piece to my employer and we both decided it IS the BEST cake we've ever had, carrot or not! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Great pairing of food and wine. I would definitely go back thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningjetskiboatVIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was outstanding as always. Glad to see the reduced size option for those who enjoy smaller portions but the same great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 319 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI reviews archive.
- great service, hospitality, & foodalsalDined on 6/24/2014The service was awesomestablished from top to bottom. Food was great. I definitely got my money's worth since it was the perfect evening for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7 out of 10 stars on my scaleFoodieDined on 6/22/2014I'll definitely go to Fleming's in Birmingham again someday. The food was excellent though the initially I thought the portion of the lobster tails were quite small for the price. Quality of lobster was outstanding so since I'm about quality and not quantity, the price was acceptable. Side dishes are good for two typical Americans to share but could be shared among 4 Europeans since they don't tend to engorge themselves like Americans do. :) Service was outstanding in the beginning but seemingly dwindled as the evening wore on. Expect dim lighting. It was difficult to read the menu and wine selection but the waiter was helpful identifying flavors we were looking for.Special Features:
- great for anniversaryadflVIPDined on 6/2/2014we had a wonderful meal. overall ambiance was a bit quiet but very comfortableSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed our visitdolittleDined on 5/24/2014We came here to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday with another couple. Right from entering the door, it was welcoming. Friendly staff at the front, friendly bartenders. They have awesome homemade chips! We tried their Fleming's potatoes, I think it was called with jalapenos, and the chipotle mac and cheese. Both were very good. As most steak houses in the our area, they are on the pricey side, comparable to Morton's or Capital Grille. My husband received a gift card and a box of truffles, which was totally unexpected! Again, very nice staff and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!VastellDined on 5/23/2014We come here often and have never been disappointed. Kudos to the staff and management!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok. Service was lousy! BarOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2014Our entrees were great! However, the baked Brie was awful and undercooked. The service in the bar was awful! Our waitress forgot to put our order in until 20 minutes after we ordered and it took an hour to get our food! Unacceptable!Special Features:
- delicious as alwaysSoTexFoodieDined on 5/8/2014We love Flemmings and always try to dine there when in town. Excellent lamb and great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REDEEMED and REMARKABLEIsthereawordDined on 4/30/2014Mr. LOOMIS and wait staff, ESPIRE are REMARKABLE. I love Great quality FOOD! Thank you for a great dinner and for making BD#2 great. The JUMBO LUMP CRAB CAKES were divine, the CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE was incredible, and what a very tasty RUFFINO.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/30/2014David our waiter was fabulous. We were there celebrating my friend's 50th bday. He had never bn there and he is hard to please. He gave 2 thumbs up. The only downside was the smell of a sour mop when you first walk in. I have bn there many times before and that was a first. Glad the food and service made up for it for my first time visitor. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumJgb8080VIPDined on 4/26/2014We have an absolutely great dinner everything was wonderful service was great we will continue to come back!Special Features:
- Flemings in Birmingham MIMimi4TannerDined on 4/25/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday. We received excellent care and our waiter, Dave was our supreme host. He and the rest of the staff were friendly and attentive. I would recommend this Fleming's to anyone who would like a great dining experience!Special Features: