Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI
323 N Old Woodward Avenue
Birmingham, MI 48009Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/mi/birmingham
- Phone: (248) 723-0134
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Oakland Avenue
- Public Transit: The restaurant is located across the street from a public transportation post.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for a nominal fee. There is a parking structure north of the entrance. The first two hours of parking are complimentary.
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)notable wine list (49)romantic (38)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Memorable DinnerfoodieVIPDined on 11/22/2014Very good filet for dinner cooked perfectly. The mushroom ravioli was outstanding and the seasonal sangria was delicious. Definitely a great place to dine with wonderful food and great ambiance. Always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2014Our waiter George was impeccable. The food was amazing as always. It was a great Birth day celebration! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good: kitchen very slowluv2eatVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food and our server were excellent, but, the kitchen was extremely slow. The manager bought our drinks which did compensate, somewhat for the wait.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant Surprise!Queenie2Dined on 11/4/2014As long time Fleming's diners we were reluctant to try the Birmingham store. In it's early years it didn't have a good rep. Wow, were we and our guests ever surprised! Everything was top notch...our server James M., the manager, the food. Nothing was left as an after thought. We'll definitely the B'ham< MI Fleming's.Special Features:
- DavidDined on 11/1/2014We were very happy to go there for my daughter's b-day celebration.Special Features:
- MeatyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014We really enjoyed the filet and Blavk Grouper. They split the entrees for us. The tuna appetizer was good, not great. The Chateau Montelena Cabernet was very good. A fun dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Awesome food!VastellDined on 10/31/2014Great food and friendly staff!!! We come here often and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour Will Make you HappyfoodieVIPDined on 10/31/2014Happy Hour is a Terrific deal, especially when you are looking for a more "high end" experience. The fact that there are 100 wines by the glass, doesn't hurt either. The steak tartare appetizer is not to be missed. Get there early, as the bar fills up quickly. Also, you can enjoy a scotch flight as part of your happy hour experience, making scotch lovers even happier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Medium-Rare Prime RibTheGourmandVIPDined on 10/29/2014Took advantage of the $29.95 3-course prime rib meal and it was really quite special. We had a Flemings's Salad split for two and it was a sufficient serving. We added the King Crab legs steak addition and asked for drawn butter instead of herbed (too salty). The french-fries are lightly season seemed roasted not fried and were cleaned off their plate. The crab in "just butter" was really a taste treat. But the prime rib, served medium-rare, was the treat of the meal. the split plate was heate (very hot) and the portion set on it continued to cook. the original was so tender, it could have been cut with a fork. The sserving sauces were also very tasty, alone and incombination. It's worth the full price of $39.99 on sundays.Special Features:
- Salty foodHatesaltDined on 10/29/2014We ate there few times and every time we order the food, we get it very salty and greasy. We talked to the manager which he agreed with us. What happened the second time we go? the same, salty food, a lot of butter or oil. You may get sclerotic arteries from the abundant of salt. Sorry, we may have to stop going there because of the salt and butter.Special Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 10/28/2014Generous drinks, good liquor choices and great wine list. We loved the prime rib special and are still seeing the effects on the scale. Best onion rings and carrot cake EVER. Loved the swordfish and Seared Tuna appetizer, too. Our server was also knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:
- consistently gooddaleDined on 10/24/2014we eat a flemings regularly because the food is good, the service is very good and for the money, it is a good steakSpecial Features:
- better than expectedSimmerDined on 10/24/2014I have an attitude about B-Ham. We never go there but this time we made an exception and it was worth it. Michael Smith our server was wonderful. Knew what was on the menu - knew the wines. Parking in the structure was very convenient and only cost us a dollar after being in the restaurant over a couple of hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little less than usualBigDaddyBDined on 10/19/2014Having dined here quite often, this time was maybe not as good as usual. The food was good, the service was good, but the party at the next table were obnoxiously Loud! I am not one to complain often but they were celebrating some occasion and it was quite selfish of them to not respect the rights of others to have a enjoyable evening. In the future, if I see that type of crowd close, I will just request to sit elsewhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedgoochDined on 10/19/2014There was a strong smell of mothballs throughout the dining room. Very strange. It also took some time for bread to arrive to our table, and when is did, I was disappointed that it was sourdough, and the 2 spreads were strange. I would have preferred a choice on the bread and some good old fashioned butter. I planned on getting the filet, but after our servers description, I ordered the special, the bone-in filet. My fault for not asking, but I was a bit shocked to find that it was so much more ($59) than the regular filet ($41?), and I ordered it "medium" but it came out somewhat charred on the outside and pinkish grey inside. Unfortunately, not one of our better visits to Flemings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findSamanthaDined on 10/16/2014We never knew this restaurant was in Birmingham as it doesn't have any big signs calling you in. We learned of it through open table and were pleased when we went. It wasn't overly packed and were greeted by the friendly staff. Our waitress Espire was fantastic. She helped us navigate the menu and suggested wines that were what we were looking for. The Caesar salad, swordfish and filet were delicious and I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014My husband and I had our 29th anniversary dinner here on a Sunday evening. The food, service and atmosphere were all excellent. I look forward to eating here again.Special Features:
- BEST LATE HAPPY HOUR EVERTheGourmandVIPDined on 10/10/2014I came to dine specifically for their new small plate specialties - 8 for $9 before 10 pm "8-9-10" special. I had the Short Rib of beef empanada, and the AHI tuna taco trio. The Empanadas were delivered over a bit of sriracha and accented with a small gravy boat of buerre blanc. Alone they were spicy and delicious, but with both sauces they were simply outstanding. The AHI tacos were a bit citrusy, but the pico de gallo and the hard corn shell made it a fresh crunch-fest. As a final hurrah, I ordered their fresh cinnamon donuts. They came hot from the kitchen over a smear of cocoa with sides of lemon curd and blueberry jelly, every bite was like a beignet from heaven or New Orleans directly, truly outstanding with a hot cup of coffee.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Food was outstanding. Service was top shelf. Fantastic dining experience.Special Features:
- Date Night4restaurantweekDined on 10/1/2014Overall a good experience but definitely pricy. Enjoyed the wine and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf & TurfsambyVIPDined on 9/28/2014The filet mignon was perfect as well as the lobster tail. The service was above average but NOT excellent. I don't eat at this Fleming's very often.Special Features:
- Nobody is perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Fleming's was our go-to place for special occasions. But this Saturday was very atypical. The service was atrocious. Our service was split between a busboy, a 2nd person covering for the waiter and then finally our very neglectful waiter. While we appreciated the mea culpa by all ... The evening was a bust. We never heard about the specials until after we ordered wine .. So there was no option for matching. Oh ... And one of our 2 steaks was not cooked to order. Please be a one- off. Fleming's is better than this evening.
- SeptemberOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014The food was outstanding and the service was great. Portions where excellent and order was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Enjoyable!DocPDined on 9/13/2014We had a most enjoyable evening celebrating a friend's 50th birthday. Our wait staff was extremely helpful and attentive. The "last Call" wine event is an amazing deal. It was great to see a full dining room in an upscale restaurant. Well deserved for the restaurant as they go out of their way to make your experience most enjoyable. The food was excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rlrdrrDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- emptynestmomDined on 9/3/2014Excellent service and a great wine list! We had the 3 course filet and lobster meal. Very delicious., nice presentation, well-seasoned. We were given truffles and a gift card at the end of our meal. Great way to celebrate our 26th anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak in townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Celebrated my birthday here and I would say I chose the perfect place for my special day. I ordered the Prime Ribeye Steak and had it cooked medium and it's the best steak I've ever tasted. I saved room for dessert and had the chocolate lava cake. So yummy. Overall service was excellent. Got a box of chocolate and a $25.00 gift card for my b-day. I would definitely come back and savour the best steak in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Nice evening!! Food very good and the waitstaff professional and attentive. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Awesome food!VastellDined on 8/31/2014Great prime rib specials! Steaks are always good and the service is great. Friendly atmosphere. Wine selection is outstanding also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef is our specialtyGaryWVIPDined on 8/25/2014Fleming's Birmingham continues to shine. A must for steak lovers!
- Damn good steakCharnedVIPDined on 8/24/2014I like my steak well-rested, well-peppered, sufficiently juice, and as rare as possible. Fleming's prime rib steak was a 10/10. Other items: the Parmesan sourdough + accoutrements that they offer each table comes warm, a nice start. The Fleming's salad is pretty underwhelming--just some lettuce roughly chopped, tomatoes, onions, and a stingy amount of candied nuts. The swordfish and the pork chop were a little dry, but the quality sauces somewhat made up for that. I don't fault them too much--swordfish and pork chops are as a rule kind of dry. The chocolate lava cake was A+: slight bitterness of dark chocolate cut by the cold Chantilly cream served on the side. Anyway--my recommendation is to order a steak if you're at a steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not sure we will go back1stTimersDined on 8/24/2014The atmosphere was very nice as well as the service and the staff. We went for my husbands first birthday as a married couple. He loves steak so i just knew he would love Flemings. Turns out he only "liked it". Says some of the food was too salty and other items were just OK. I was so disappointed for him. My meal was good but not excellent as I expected from all of the reviews. They did give my husband a gift certificate for $25 which was really nice. We will probably go back for desert. I had a chocolate caramel pie which was the best!Special Features:
- Great Customer Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I celebrated my 29th birthday at Fleming's. I used Open Table for reservations. I noted in the comment section that it was my birthday. Everyone, from the hostess to our waiter and the manager, wished me a happy birthday. At the end of dinner, I was given a gift card and box of truffles. I was so surprised. The truffles were great. The steaks were cooked to perfection. Our waiter, James, suggested the chocolate lava cake. It was delicious. All in all, we had a great dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!grendelVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our first visit to Fleming's Steakhouse was a wonderful experience. Our waiter, George, made sure that we were totally taken care of--he was personable and involved, but not obtrusive. My appetizer, calamari, was the best I have ever had--and I have had plenty of calamari dishes in my lifetime. The spices and sauce were superb. Also, my beet/heirloom tomato salad was outstanding. I could go on and on--everything was excellent from the hot bread with two different butters, my husband's prime rib and lentil soup, the well-made martinis, served ice cold, and the fresh vegetables. This restaurant deserves every accolade for its service and food. Generous portions, too!Special Features:
- Always reliable Flemings..LinnieVIPDined on 8/9/2014While pricey, you certainly still get your money's worth. The steaks here are the best in town despite many other competing steakhouses nearby. They have a great value happy hour....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarymelanieVIPDined on 8/2/2014had a wonderful anniversary dinner. have been to Flemings many times, and always enjoy my meal the bartender very nice and waiter pleasant too. will return again when in areaSpecial Features:
- excellentDaveVIPDined on 8/2/2014great meal and service---the wait staff was excellent. The onion rings are a house specialtySpecial Features:
- Fantastic experience againBhamdinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food, drinks, and service were top notch. Having frequented Flemings a number of times previously, this visit was equally as great for my wife & I. The wine, Bone-in rib eye, Ceaser's salad, Mac & Cheese, creamed corn, and the lava cake for desert were all delicious. I would strongly recommend Fleming's to anyone who wants a very nice evening outSpecial Features:
- The following 323 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Birmingham MI reviews archive.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Visited for a special occasion and everything was perfect. Service was attentive without hovering. Food was outstanding. Steaks were cooked perfectly. Nice touch was a box of truffles (wonderful) to take home to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviewscoops63Dined on 7/24/2014Food was excellent as was our waiter (can't remember his name) - tall African American - great sense of humor. He recommended the Carrot Cake for dessert as being the best - took a piece to my employer and we both decided it IS the BEST cake we've ever had, carrot or not! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.