Fleming's Steakhouse - Austin
320 E 2nd Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Austin
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/tx/austin
- Phone: 5124571500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: San Jacinto Blvd.
- Public Transit: Both public light rail & public bus system stop two blocks away by the Convention Center & the Hilton Hotel. Amtrak stops ten blocks away near Whole Foods headquarters.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available every evening in front of restaurant for $6.00 charge (gratuity not included). Valet parking can be contracted for group breakfast or luncheon events. City owned Convention Center high-rise parking available one block away at all times.
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Austin
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Austin - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (22)notable wine list (22)special occasion (21)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (10)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great birthday experienceLonedinerDined on 9/10/2014Thank you for a wonderful 21st birthday experience for my daughter. Food and service was great and the attention she receive regarding her birthday was sensational!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the best steak house in AustinopentablefanVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have eaten in Flemings several times before and it has always been good. I don't think it is the best steak house around.We were disappointed that prime rib is only on Sundays and although our misunderstanding was not the restaurant`s fault it did impact our perception.The carpaccio was wonderful and the service was very good.
- Great FoodCATXDined on 8/25/2014It was our anniversary and they have a great Prime Rib special that we like to take advantage of so we were there on Monday night. The prime rib was excellent and the sauces were fantastic as always. The only downside to the evening was the waitress. We didn't have any alcoholic beverages and she was obviously disappointed that our bill would not be more expensive and when asked the side dish options, she merely pointed at the page in the menu. Too bad, it would have been a perfect evening otherwise.Special Features:
- Love FlemingsCaliGirlVIPDined on 8/24/2014Flemings steakhouse around the US never disappoints !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib specialmicroladyDined on 8/24/2014Sunday nights there is a prime rib special. Three courses for $29.99. Salads were great, desserts were great, sides nothing really special,but the prime rib was not good, very fatty and a lot of grisal Three of had this and all 3 of us ate very little of the meat. I've been to various Flemings and this is the first time I have ever been disappointed. We had gone to Happy hour two nights before and were very happy wight the food. Stick to the regular menu if you go or do happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealmusicandfoodDined on 7/20/2014Greeted and seated promptly for our anniversary dinner. Service was good, but not outstanding. Had a very good Caesar Salad and prime rib, with Flemings potatoes that were outstanding. Chocolate lava cake for desert was excellent. Decent bottle of slightly too high priced Malbec. All in all a very good dinner and will likely return. Especially for the $30 three course prime rib dinner on Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a steak!AlexVIPDined on 7/12/2014We decided to come to Fleming's for a celebration and I was really craving a nice steak. I ordered the dry aged New York strip, medium-rare and iron crusted topped with the truffled lobster and it was absolutely amazing. Make sure to order the Fleming's potatoes (kind of a potato/cheese/japapeno casserole), it was amazing. Fleming's was pretty expensive so personally I would only go during special occasions, but this is definitely my new favorite steak restaurant! I read reviews saying that the chocolate lava cake was a must try (you need to allow 15 minutes for them to make it), but I was a little underwhelmed. Overall though a wonderful experience. Also, our server was Lee and he was great.Special Features:
- Well DoneMountainBoyVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food and service are always a reason to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- garysDined on 7/3/2014We eat at the Flemings downtown fairly often. Typically very good but the evening before the 4th of July probably not a good choice. Must not have been the "A" team in the kitchen. My first filet over cooked, the second try better but still not quite as good as typical. Our other entree was the chicken breast which was great as usual. You may not go to Flemings for the chicken but you should.Special Features:
- ConsistentoraystricklandVIPDined on 7/1/2014Great food and ambiance. Strong management, friendly and engaging. Their computer follow up and attention to detail is top notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MdadDined on 6/28/2014The food was terrible and so was the service. The filet was horrible, and the bone in filet we got was even worse. The filet was $40 and the bone in filet was $60, worst $100 spent, and that was just for the steaks, that's not including the sides, salad and drinks. The whole experience was just awful, and we left there hungry because we didn't even finish our meals. Don't eat there, very very disappointing
- Great ServicecelebrantsDined on 6/25/2014The service is always top notch at Flemings and they make special occasions even more special. The food was very good - an absolute necessity given the prices.Special Features:
- Fathers day special dinnerGwynnieDined on 6/15/2014The prime rib was excellent and the service superb. The vegetables ( broccoli and cauliflower) were too al dente we could not eat them. The room was a bit noisy. But the wine selection was amazing. Would have given 5 stars but for the vegetables and noise.Special Features:
- AustinfoodDined on 6/8/2014We went here for my Dad's birthday. Everyone made him feel extremely special! The meal was wonderful as well. Probably the best Wedge salad I have ever had. It came with a huge chunk of blue cheese. My husband ordered a Caesar Salad and said it was better than average as well. For entrees, Dad got their pork chop & a loaded bake potato, I got the Newport filet and husband got the petite filet. The pork chop was huge and Dad ate every bite, which means it was really good. My Newport came with the Fleming potatoes. We also ordered a side of asparagus. Everything was cooked to order. Overall a wonderful mean and experience. Extremely on point service. Junior was our server and did an amazing job. We can not wait to return.Special Features:
- Too darkNYBUDVIPDined on 5/29/2014We really enjoy FLeming's however the last time we ate there (this week) my entire party commented on how DARK the main dining room was. At another table nearby, all of the diners pulled out their phones and used the light of the phones to read their menus. Fleming's should read this and take it to heart. It actually diminshed an excellent (5 star) meal.Special Features:
- The following 195 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Austin reviews archive.
- Flemming's Meets The ChallengeDFWBobDined on 5/21/2014This was my third visit to Fleming's and the third Fleming's location. All three experiences were nothing short of top drawer. For this downtown Austin location use the valet parking. We had the fried calamari to start and it was so good, we ended up ordering a second order. Our waiter, Nick, was warm, friendly and very knowledgeable. All four entrees were cooked to perfection. For the table of four, with cocktails, the dinner bill with gratuity was $450.00 and worth every bit.Special Features:
- luvtocelebrateDined on 5/17/2014Flemings was a wonderful place to celebrate a very quite dinner, Everyone there was so nice and came by and check on us perfectly. I give them a 10Special Features:
- mothers day brunchdisappointedVIPDined on 5/11/2014What a disapointment, Waited an hr for apetizers, when they finally came the soups were cold, Waited another 45min. for entres by that time we just wanted to get out of there. We usually are big fans but this was not a good experience.
- DeliciousJenniferDined on 5/11/2014I have never been to Flemings before and we dined on Mother's day which I know is crazy at every restaurant. The hostess wasn't accomodating I asked to move tables due to us being near a screaming baby. She was unhappy about that and it showed in her treatment of us. After being seated the food blew us away. Our server was very polite and attentive. Considering it was Mother's Day everything came very quickly and most importantly correct. I absolutely loved it and will be there again very soon!Special Features:
- Very nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014I highly recommend a place to go eat steak. The steak was excellent. Nice variety of wine selection. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed ....ACupVIPDined on 4/28/2014We've eaten at Fleming's in Tulsa, Destin, Scottsdale, and San Antonio. This Fleming's was not the quality we've come to expect - the glass of wine was very small, the salmon was much smaller than in the past. Overall food quality felt like they were skimping on portions and quality. Also, the manager interrupted a conversation, knew she did and apologized, but kept on talking vs. saying she'd come back later. We will not be back.Special Features:
- garysDined on 4/20/2014always enjoy Flemings appreciate that they make an effort for kids with their kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch Reviewgrtfood4meDined on 4/20/2014Always a great dining experience @ Flemings's Austin. Staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable & to ensure your visit is enjoyable. Great food, varied menu, but not to broad....great wine list.Special Features:
- Birthday celebration21forthewinVIPDined on 4/19/2014We chose Flemings in Austin for a special birthday celebration. We had a reservation on a Saturday evening and were promptly seated. Food and service were excellent. If you are a wine enthusiast, Flemings has a very nice wine list. At the conclusion of the meal, the birthday person was presented with a lovely box of chocolate truffles, compliments of the restaurant. The truffles were beautifully wrapped and were an unexpected extra special treat. We've celebrated other special occasions at Flemings and have never been disappointed. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014Food was great and service awesome, Thanks, had a great time with familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SusieVIPDined on 4/6/2014Our steak was delicious as to be expected. However, there were several additional things that made the night very special. My dining companion has to eat gluten free, so when they brought the bread, we explained that. They came back with carrots and celery sticks so that we could eat that with the spreads that would have gone on the breads. (Most places just take the bread away, and that's that.) They brought out a small box of homemade truffles to say happy birthday. Fleming's is always top notch!Special Features:
- Excellent! But expensive!RickVIPDined on 3/20/2014Everything about Fleming's in Austin was outstanding. Can't fault them for anything. But, as it had been a few years since I'd been to a Fleming's, I guess I didn't realize just how very expensive it is. If you want a special occasion, with great food and service, and are prepared to pay for it, this is the place. But it's not for an everyday meal. I had an entree (the mahi mahi special - outstanding!), a wedge salad, and two glasses of wine. With tax and tip, it was nearly $100 for one person.Special Features:
- SXSWIlovefoodDined on 3/14/2014While at SXSW, we ate at Flemings downtown for dinner. The food was terrific!! I definitely recommend my meal (filet mignon Oscar style, blue cheese wedge salad, asparagus, and chocolate lava cake). I can't leave out the wine- it was excellent, the only problem is making a bottle choice with the huge selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSusieVIPDined on 3/13/2014I took my mother-in-law for her birthday. The service was excellent and so was he good. Steaks are always superb! The seafood tower appetizer is absolutely amazing. My husband loves he molten lava cake. You can't go wrong with anything at Flemings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentAmz422VIPDined on 3/10/2014Curtis, our server, was excellent. He was professional, attentive, and personable. He made our group of 20-25 so comfortable and welcomed. The food was also amazing, and thank you to the staff who accommodated our large party, despite my initial reservation for 15 guests.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014We will definitely be back to Fleming's Steakhouse located downtown, on our next visit to Austin. The food was amazing, perfectly cooked, and delicious. We had the lobster and steak special, my husband had the ribeye, we had mashed potatoes and fries which were large enough for us to share and not even able to finish them. We ordered the tenderloin carpaccio as our appetizer and it was so good. We wanted to try something new and we were very impressed. Our server was also great, we felt like we were very well taken care of.Special Features:
- Flemings - Monday NightKenSVIPDined on 3/3/2014I ordered the Filet- Medium. It came Very Well Done, with no taste. I also ordered a salad of Tomato Caprese. It's clear the tomatoes are out-of-season. The. Rest of my family had good meals. The service was fine, until I went out to Valet at 6:20PM for my car. There was only one Valet person for 2 restaurants. We waited 40 minutes on a very cold night for my car.
- Good food, but nothing specialhappydinerVIPDined on 3/2/2014Austin has a number of outstanding restaurants and Flemings could be one of them, but this location is just ok - not great. The staff is pleasant and the atmosphere nice (typical Flemings) but the food was just fine, good, ok! Nothing to send back, but nothing memorable. Salads were fine, but not cold and crisp. The steaks and prime rib were again, fine, not sizzling hot, or flavorful, but they were cooked correctly. Our sides were garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. They were tasty but again, not hot but warm enough so we would not send them back. Chocolate dessert was delicious! With a little effort, this location could be as good as others.
- Great first visit!CentralTXAgDined on 3/1/2014We had a wonderful first visit. I loved the interactive wine list on an iPad that was left at the table when we were seated. The program allowed us to scan the various wines in a variety of ways to select the perfect wine for our meal. Our waiter, John, was very helpful and accommodating. And our steaks were delicious! It was a great experience and we would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2014My boyfriend and I went here for a dinner for a special occasion and left having spent a lot of money on food that was nothing super special. We had a reservation and were seating next to the kitchen. The place was 80% empty so we wondered if it was a slight to be placed there. The steak was very expensive (40 for a filet) and came without side dishes. We were fine with this and the steak was good, but i've had cheaper, similar filets (Roaring Fork) The sides were mediocre (I make better mashed potatoes.) The ambiance of the place was not as romantic as I had hoped. There were TVs with sports playing at the bar. Choose what you want to be, Flemmings. You can't be a sports bar and serve 80 dollar bottles of wine, too. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableAustinDinerDined on 2/14/2014We went during the last seating of the night. The restaurant was just calming down from a crazy Valentine's night. They do pack more tables in for this occasion so if you are claustrophobic, you may want to avoid going here on this day. I wish I could remember our waiter's name because he was absolutely top notch and made the evening even better! We each had an appetizer plate which was the perfect portion for us, barely leaving room for dessert. Everything was cooked properly and actually came out quickly given how busy the restaurant still was. It was on the pricey side but we were expecting that. It was a great place for a special occasion dinner and we'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SardinesVDAYBUSTDined on 2/14/2014Extensive wine list and great service. However, we were very disappointed and felt like sardines smashed into a can. It was very UN romantic for the V-Day celebration. I would have expected better from Flemings to do a better job with the setup and ambiance it created.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress forgot our drinks,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Our waitress forgot our drinks, tables to tight & close together. The food was delicious & the festive balloons were fun for Valentine's!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SilverflowersDined on 2/13/2014The best filet mignon I've ever had in my life! Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All AroundBarclayDined on 2/7/2014Food was amazing and our server, Curtis, was great. Not pushy, great recommendations, and was very attentive. Will definitely come back. TIP: Costco sells $100 gift cards for $80. Easy way to save some $$!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.