Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron
4000 Medina Road
Akron, OH 44333Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/oh/akron
- Phone: 3306705200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron - Best Restaurants in Akron ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)notable wine list (37)romantic (27)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fleming's Night OutSROBBDined on 8/31/2014Great food, service and time out tonight. Will definitely go back again. Our waiter was very personable and professional.Special Features:
- CHARMINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This steakhouse was located in an odd location. It sits next to a Wendy's and Chic-Fil-A.. Not a prime location for such a ritzy establishment in my eyes. The lights were dimly lit when we walked in and it was a sense of chill ambiance. The server was extremely attentive and very pleasant. The food was delicious. Knowing it was a bit pricey before hand softened the blow of the prices on the menu. When ordering a side dish, it comes with a serving spoon as to implicate its to be shared..(I would hope so with a price tag of $12.00 garlic mashed potatoes) lol A card, was presented to the Birthday girl which was a nice sweet touch..also a $25 gift card for our next visit was given. At the end of the meal we got a box of Chocolates as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/25/2014Flemings prime rib dinner is a delicious all inclusive offer that provides a generous amount of food. I started with Flemings salad and my husband ordered the wedge (great slabs of blue cheese). The prime rib was served to our order; my end cut was roasted to perfection and the medium was tender and flavorful. We shared the Flemings potatoes and sautéed green beans. Last, but not least, we shared a creme brûlée and the Walnut Turtle pie with Chantilly cream. Attentive service and visits by the Operating Partner and Assistant Manager made our dining experience top notch. This is one of our favorite restaurants. Great food, ambience and value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!MichelleVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had a great dinner. Steaks are amazing and the Fleming's potatoes are not to be missed! The service was as wonderful as the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level.CricketDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary on Saturday evening. The noise level was too loud. We could hardly hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014Bob Buck and his crew makes the Akron Fleming's a top dining experience in the region. The highly experienced and welcoming staff provide excellent service. Bob and his managers have a great personal touch, not the usual "how are you doing?" token visit to the table. The wine list is nationally recognized, but the local staff adds their favorites, which excel. And it goes without saying that the food quality, especially the steaks, is consistent and high quality. We have been to many Fleming's in the US, and the Akron location is head and shoulders above the others, and the others do a good job as well. Keep up the excellent work, Mr. Buck !Special Features:
- Best ever eatenGregDined on 8/5/2014We found the steak to be the best we ever eaten. The waitress was very knowledgeable and had worked there for many years so she was able to set us straight as far as the best in house. This is a place you will not want to pass up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 for 6$PapaPsreviewDined on 8/5/2014Their early bird specials make for an affortable, leisurely and romantic evening.Special Features:
- MarqPMarqPDined on 8/4/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great time with great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about service and food qualityGlobeTravelerDined on 8/3/2014Outstanding service, all staff is attentive to make your experience better, the food is WOW and the wine list has a lot of good stuff to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Service was great, but the food was lacking quite a bit on this visit. I ordered the Taste of the Season, which included 3 courses. I was unable to eat the first course, the second was bland, and the third had such a strong flavor extract, it left a terrible after taste. Finally is was so hot in the restaurant every one in my party was literally sweating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great go-to!amjaredVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a consistent gem for us. When I have friends in town or business associates, it is always a great go-to place service is always terrific, great options for wine, both by the glass and bottles, great tapas to nibble on if you just want to get a bottle of wine and do TNT, and fabulous steaks and fish. If you can, request Pat Berkey as your server. She is fabulous!Special Features:
- A bit pricey for the amount of foodStacyDined on 7/26/2014The quality of the food was exceptional, everything was delivered to the table hot and very appealling. The only commenet was the quantity for the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TracybVIPDined on 7/26/2014Terrific meal, as always, outstanding service. This is our "special occasion" place!Special Features:
- DPR221Dined on 7/26/2014THE STAFF WAS WELCOMING FROM THE TIME WE WALKED UP TO THE DOOR. IT WAS NICE TO BE SEATED AT THE TIME A RESERVATION WAS MADE FOR AND BE TREATED AS IF WE WHERE SOMEONE SPECIAL. OUR WAITRESS WAS JANEANNE AND WAS EXTREMLY FREINDLY AND WOULD RECOMMEND HER AND THE ENTIRE STAFF AS EXCEPTIONAL. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT MEAL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- proudmomDined on 7/19/2014Atmosphere was wonderful as was the staff. Kurt, our waiter, was a gem. Friendly, polite, well informed, checked on us and took our order in a timely fashion. We were there to celebrate my son's new job. Everyone was congratulating him and it was nice of them to make the fuss over him. The picture they took to celebrate was a really nice reminder of the celebration and the box of chocolates a special touch. I think a bit too many people coming to check on us though. The waiter and maybe a manager, but I think all total 4 people came and asked how everything was. It's nice to be concerned, but maybe a bit too much. Overall though, wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Loved dinner at Flemmings. It was a work function and they really impressed. It started at the door with the valet and was an outstanding experience throughout until we left at the end of dinner.Special Features:
- Always a perfect experience!BillDined on 7/13/2014We love going to this Flemings location! They always treat us like royalty & the food is always fantastic! We visit about 4-5 times a year just to keep it special. We highly recommend this location for anyone who wants a fantastic memorable dining experience!Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014A fun spot to enjoy time with friends while having good quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit priceyStevefromohioVIPDined on 7/4/2014We went over the July 4th weekend. We had both filet mignon which was average in taste. The service was good but there are better steakhouses for the price. Red or Hyde park has comparable prices but the food is better.Special Features:
- Better than expectedGreyVIPDined on 6/29/2014I have been having second thought about going back to Flemings due to the past couple of visits. The Akron location looks like they are reengaged. I suggest the boned in or dry-aged steaks. very nice waitress. My family and I were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsFood4meDined on 6/25/2014Flemings Akron never disappoints. ll aspects of our dining experience were wonderful .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallAuntsheshDined on 6/15/2014The food and service cannot be beat. They really go out of their way to make sure you're happy and are constantly checking on you.Special Features:
- ZiggyDined on 6/5/2014We were there to celebrate a 60th wedding anniversary. The couple as well as the two of us were treated as royalty. The staff could not have been more kind or attentive. The honored couple were overwhelmed by the attention and so very pleased. Our server Michael was the very best. We couldn't have asked for a better celebration. So very glad we chose Fleming's! This will be a day they will always remember and talk about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-To PlacemamacareDined on 5/28/2014Simply, Flemings is consistent, good food, great service, great wines, and always an easy place to go for a pleasant evening out with friends and family. For those special occasions, they provide just enough attention to make it a memorable evening. Flemings offers creative specials to please even the non-steak diner although seeing those beautiful steaks on a plate make even the die hard vegetarian want a bite. And as always, a good splurge is the molten lava cake, a melt in your mouth delight, even if you really don't eat desserts. The staff is always welcoming, efficient, accommodating...making the guest feel very welcomed. thank you Flemings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business discussionsKenCDined on 5/27/2014Barry and his staff provided outstanding professional service, as always. The filet, sides, and dessert were unbelievably prepared. The whole experience was key to a successful business discussion, as well. See you soon!Special Features:
- Excellent Steak, Great ServiceGregNRoseDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I went to Fleming's to celebrate her birthday. We hadn't been here before and were quite pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent - compliments to the entire staff. The filet that I ordered was one of the best I have ever eaten! My wife had the crab legs and they were excellent too. We loved that the wine list was on an iPad and provided recommendations and detailed descriptions. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service expectedpa13Dined on 5/17/2014The service was excellent as usual. The food was prepared perfectly and the wine we chose was very good. It was to celebrate my daughters birthday and she truly enjoyed the chocolate lava cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Took my fiance for a quiet dinner. The service was outstanding..we were greeted by several people and felt welcome and we'll treated the entire evening. The food, from appetizers to desert was some of the best we've ever had. My steak was so juicy and perfectly prepared. I could have cut it with a butter knife. The old school ambiance also made the place perfect for a night cap in an elegant atmosphere. Outstanding at every level. We'll be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedDanielBDined on 5/16/2014First, the food was good. But, that's all, just good. For the price, it should be better than good. Fillet was properly cooked. I had the petite portion which was supposed to be 4.5oz. Yes, that's small, but it had to be pre-cooked weight and it seemed to me to be even less than that. The pork belly appetizer was good also, but not $17 worth of pork! The molten chocolate cake was also very good, but expensive. The server was outstanding, so friendly and accommodating as well as attentive. Overall, she was the highlight of the meal. If the dinner had been about 1/2 the cost, it might have been a good value. In this case, it was not.Special Features:
- Five starYummysVIPDined on 5/15/2014Great selection of food I would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffDined on 5/14/2014Food and service from the bar for a drink all the way through dinner and dessert was outstandingSpecial Features:
- A cut above the restTjonesDined on 5/11/2014When it comes to quality, quantity, and ambience, Flemings gets an A+ in all categories. An upper class restraurant will a moderate scale price list means alot with today's economy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationpickyeaterVIPDined on 5/10/2014I was looking for a restaurant to celebrate my daughter's college graduation. We were extremely happy with our choice of Flemings. We could not have asked for better service. Stacey was wonderful. Attentive without being intrusive. Our meals of steak and Alaskan King crab legs were cooked perfectly. The side were just as delicious. They took a photo of my daughter and her friend and presented it to her as a momento of the special occasion. Would not hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5/$6 great valuePapaPsreviewDined on 5/5/2014four of us sat in the bar area and I immediately told our waitor that as first-time diners, we were going to try one of each of their specials and to stagger the timing. Their calamary was recommended so we asked to start with that. After 2 1/2 hours had flown by, we all said that it was one of the finest evenings we ever had. Food was great ( most of us liked all of the specials, but you know that you can't please everyone). The service was excellant in that the waiter watched and made sure that our drinks were filled and that the specials arrived in a timely manner. When we go back, and we will, we all agreed to try their special "small plates", and perhaps eat out on their spacious patio.Special Features:
- The following 189 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron reviews archive.
- Melt in your mouth SteakChefSeanVIPDined on 5/2/2014I was in the mood for a good steak, and I wanted to find somewhere to get that good steak, but I also wanted fine dining, with great service, a great wine list and so. very professional service, and had a good knowledge of the menu. She handed me an IPad that contained the wine list. The menu looked wonderful with so many selections of interest, to include a four course tasting menu for only $45.00, a damn good price for this style of fine dining. For those that are not big on steak, they also had a selection of salmon, swordfish, chicken, pork chops, and Alaskan king crab to choose from as entrée’s. My experience was top notch making it one of my favorite steakhouses that I had been to.Special Features:
- Restaurant Extraordinarymjm123Dined on 4/26/2014Fleming's staff goes above and beyond for customer service. They want to please their customers totally. They are known for their steaks and seafood. It is romantic and great for anniversaries, Valentine's Day, or birthdays. You won't be disappointed with your meal. Have been their numerous times and will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at FlemingsworldtravelerDined on 4/23/2014As always consistently good food and great service. I have never had a bad experience and have been there many times.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceKathyDined on 4/12/2014The food was very good. This was one of the most enjoyable dining experiences we have had in a long time and it was due to the superior service provided by Michael Hanna. All too often upscale restaurant waiters put on a rather condescending air. Not the case here, Michael made it clear his job was to make our dining experience memorable - and he did. Answered all our questions, sharing information on our food and wine selections - really made us feel welcome. It was a relaxed, enjoyable and totally wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf And TurfsambyVIPDined on 4/7/2014Lobster tail and steak were excellent. Restaurant a little noisy. Denine the server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.