Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron
4000 Medina Road
Akron, OH 44333Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/oh/akron
- Phone: (330) 670-5200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron - Best Restaurants in Akron ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)notable wine list (40)romantic (27)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Isabella17Dined on 11/22/2014We love the beautiful cozy atmosphere of Flemings.....it truly sets the mood for the evening!! We began our dinner with the unique Fleming salad. Our husbands enjoyed the Pork Chop dinner while my sister enjoyed the small plate scallop and I loved the small plate lamb chop. We shared the garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach....perfect! Of course we had to select a dessert which was the incredible chocolate lava cake....worth the wait!! Our service was excellent as well. We truly enjoyed our evening from the moment we walked through the door!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeJenniferVIPDined on 11/18/2014Tim was our server this time but everyone is awesome. Jessica the wine manager always makes us feel welcome and stops by to check in. The food is outstanding this is our favorite place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific for Special Occasions!SaintMichaelDined on 11/12/2014The service was impeccable - from the Valet to the Server. Staff was polite and energetic and willing to accommodate any request. The food was fantastic with a flare for presentation. Above all, save room for desert! Fleming's is truly in a class of its own… The wine list is quite impressive too. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch service, excellent foodPombetomDined on 11/8/2014Diners: 2 married 50-somethings, grandpa (88) and daughter (10). We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Fleming's really knows how to cater to the customer. We felt pampered, but not smothered. The food was excellent, but not perfect. The shrimp in the shrimp cocktail were bland, and my dry-aged, prime ribeye was cooked perfectly, but underseasoned. The special had 2 BBQ shrimp, which were overly spicy-hot. The wedge salad looked like it had a bit of freezer burn. On the very plus side, the calamari was outstanding, as was the salmon entree and my mushroom ravioli. Our server, Stacy, was a delight.Special Features:
- Amazing!StaceyCDined on 11/6/2014The staff is friendly and knowledgable. The special was the perfect pairing of surf and turf. Fleming's has a wine list that doesn't stop...with over 100 wines to choose from. We will be back if we are ever in Akron again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itwtpooh66Dined on 11/1/2014We love the Montrose location, it is our favorite for special occascions.............Special Features:
- will not returnmrdineeDined on 10/28/2014much better steakhouses in area...could prepare a better steak on my grill...ok for group gathering, but not for intimate, relaxed dining experience....very noisy....much too pricey...everything ala carte...appropriate for upscale restaurant, but not for a chain eatery. service was slow but decent
- goodCathyCDined on 10/25/2014great metropolitan atmosphere, attentive service, pricey but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining ExperiencebustoswjDined on 10/21/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday with a romantic dinner for two and it was an all around beautifully crafted evening. The food was artful and beyond delicious! The staff was knowledgeable and inviting. The ambiance was comforting and sophisticated. They provided us with a complimentary picture of us, a great keep-sake of the special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightFoodLoverDined on 10/17/2014Went to Flemings because we were looking for a romantic, semi-quiet place for our anniversary. I sent along a note on our OT res about the anniversary and requested a quieter table. We were greeted at the hostess stand by name and with a Happy Anniversary HA). We were seated and at a table against a wine rack wall, which was about as quiet a table as I could've asked for. Our waitress greeted us with a HA. I've been to another Flemings and know that they are a high end, pricey restaurant. I was surprised to find some moderately priced wines. They had specials for the night that made the evening an "affordable" night even though I spent more than I usually do for dinner. Food was excellent, waiter was great, just an great night.Special Features:
- OutstandingDined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful experience! Food was excellent and our server Lisa was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great service and serverjmerwinVIPDined on 9/26/2014I have been to Flemings in other communities, but never experienced this level of personal service. My server John was fun and always attentive. The manager was visible, came by all the tables and chatted w/patrons. Staff seemed to enjoy serving us and made us feel like we were family members. The food is good, albeit portions of the sides too large & not appropriate for taking home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!!worldtravelerDined on 9/25/2014I have been to Flemings many times. It is my "go to" place for special occasions or just a really nice evening out. We had the Lobster/Filet special and totally enjoyed it. The appetizer was perfect. (I hade the scallop and my friend had the french onion soup and said it was the best she ever had) The quality of the food is consistent and I have never had a bad server. The servers are knowledgeable about food preparation and the specials. Overall... a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amjaredVIPDined on 9/22/2014Always love it here! Great,personalized service that keeps me coming back. Love Pat Berkey! She is such an amazing server and I trust her so much, she usually orders for us and we are always wowed by her selections!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came to celebrateAliceDined on 9/13/2014My son wanted to go to Flemings to celebrate. What a place to celebrate! ! He was so pleased with the experience, were we all. The service and the food were phenomenal. We really had the best restaurant experience ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffAmyKenoDined on 9/11/2014Mr. Buck and his fine staff do an Impeccable job making our dinning experience an enjoyable evening. The welcoming staff makes you feel right at home and the highly experience personnel provides the best service around. Flemings is more than a great steakhouse, It's an dinning experience. If you have not tried Flemings, you don't know what your missing. Thank you Flemings, keep up the excellent work.Special Features:
- Small Plate MenuwildtrkVIPDined on 9/10/2014As a post op Bariatric patient the small plate menu is the best! I get a great meal that is just the right size for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 9/6/2014Food is very good yet extremely pricey for the location and lack of view. David our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFairlawn2SlowsDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I go to this Fleming's quite often, with many times being for special occasions. Our last visit was for our third wedding anniversary, and the staff made us feel special. Every member of the staff that came to our table wished us congratulations. We both ordered petite filets and split two sides: the creamed spinach and the sauteed mushrooms. Our steaks came out as we had ordered them, and they were seared to perfection with all the flavorful juices still intact.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2014ALWAYS…top-notch service and great food! The manager makes a guest feel as if they are the only ones there.
- Fleming's Night OutSROBBVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great food, service and time out tonight. Will definitely go back again. Our waiter was very personable and professional.Special Features:
- CHARMINGfancyfoodDined on 8/30/2014This steakhouse was located in an odd location. It sits next to a Wendy's and Chic-Fil-A.. Not a prime location for such a ritzy establishment in my eyes. The lights were dimly lit when we walked in and it was a sense of chill ambiance. The server was extremely attentive and very pleasant. The food was delicious. Knowing it was a bit pricey before hand softened the blow of the prices on the menu. When ordering a side dish, it comes with a serving spoon as to implicate its to be shared..(I would hope so with a price tag of $12.00 garlic mashed potatoes) lol A card, was presented to the Birthday girl which was a nice sweet touch..also a $25 gift card for our next visit was given. At the end of the meal we got a box of Chocolates as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/25/2014Flemings prime rib dinner is a delicious all inclusive offer that provides a generous amount of food. I started with Flemings salad and my husband ordered the wedge (great slabs of blue cheese). The prime rib was served to our order; my end cut was roasted to perfection and the medium was tender and flavorful. We shared the Flemings potatoes and sautéed green beans. Last, but not least, we shared a creme brûlée and the Walnut Turtle pie with Chantilly cream. Attentive service and visits by the Operating Partner and Assistant Manager made our dining experience top notch. This is one of our favorite restaurants. Great food, ambience and value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!MichelleVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had a great dinner. Steaks are amazing and the Fleming's potatoes are not to be missed! The service was as wonderful as the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level.CricketDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary on Saturday evening. The noise level was too loud. We could hardly hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014Bob Buck and his crew makes the Akron Fleming's a top dining experience in the region. The highly experienced and welcoming staff provide excellent service. Bob and his managers have a great personal touch, not the usual "how are you doing?" token visit to the table. The wine list is nationally recognized, but the local staff adds their favorites, which excel. And it goes without saying that the food quality, especially the steaks, is consistent and high quality. We have been to many Fleming's in the US, and the Akron location is head and shoulders above the others, and the others do a good job as well. Keep up the excellent work, Mr. Buck !Special Features:
- 5 for 6$PapaPsreviewDined on 8/5/2014Their early bird specials make for an affortable, leisurely and romantic evening.Special Features:
- MarqPMarqPDined on 8/4/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great time with great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about service and food qualityGlobeTravelerDined on 8/3/2014Outstanding service, all staff is attentive to make your experience better, the food is WOW and the wine list has a lot of good stuff to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Service was great, but the food was lacking quite a bit on this visit. I ordered the Taste of the Season, which included 3 courses. I was unable to eat the first course, the second was bland, and the third had such a strong flavor extract, it left a terrible after taste. Finally is was so hot in the restaurant every one in my party was literally sweating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great go-to!amjaredVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a consistent gem for us. When I have friends in town or business associates, it is always a great go-to place service is always terrific, great options for wine, both by the glass and bottles, great tapas to nibble on if you just want to get a bottle of wine and do TNT, and fabulous steaks and fish. If you can, request Pat Berkey as your server. She is fabulous!Special Features:
- The following 214 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Akron reviews archive.
- A bit pricey for the amount of foodStacyDined on 7/26/2014The quality of the food was exceptional, everything was delivered to the table hot and very appealling. The only commenet was the quantity for the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TracybVIPDined on 7/26/2014Terrific meal, as always, outstanding service. This is our "special occasion" place!Special Features:
- DPR221Dined on 7/26/2014THE STAFF WAS WELCOMING FROM THE TIME WE WALKED UP TO THE DOOR. IT WAS NICE TO BE SEATED AT THE TIME A RESERVATION WAS MADE FOR AND BE TREATED AS IF WE WHERE SOMEONE SPECIAL. OUR WAITRESS WAS JANEANNE AND WAS EXTREMLY FREINDLY AND WOULD RECOMMEND HER AND THE ENTIRE STAFF AS EXCEPTIONAL. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT MEAL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- proudmomDined on 7/19/2014Atmosphere was wonderful as was the staff. Kurt, our waiter, was a gem. Friendly, polite, well informed, checked on us and took our order in a timely fashion. We were there to celebrate my son's new job. Everyone was congratulating him and it was nice of them to make the fuss over him. The picture they took to celebrate was a really nice reminder of the celebration and the box of chocolates a special touch. I think a bit too many people coming to check on us though. The waiter and maybe a manager, but I think all total 4 people came and asked how everything was. It's nice to be concerned, but maybe a bit too much. Overall though, wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Loved dinner at Flemmings. It was a work function and they really impressed. It started at the door with the valet and was an outstanding experience throughout until we left at the end of dinner.Special Features:
- If you want the best, dine here!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Love, love this restaurant!! Have NEVER had a bad experience, and even though we have several fine places to dine in this area, we try to come here as often as possible.Special Features:
- Always a perfect experience!BillDined on 7/13/2014We love going to this Flemings location! They always treat us like royalty & the food is always fantastic! We visit about 4-5 times a year just to keep it special. We highly recommend this location for anyone who wants a fantastic memorable dining experience!Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014A fun spot to enjoy time with friends while having good quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit priceyStevefromohioVIPDined on 7/4/2014We went over the July 4th weekend. We had both filet mignon which was average in taste. The service was good but there are better steakhouses for the price. Red or Hyde park has comparable prices but the food is better.Special Features: