Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
186 Concord Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fleetlanding.net/
- Phone: (843) 722-8100
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern
- Executive Chef: Drew Hedlund
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The largest party we can accommodate is 12 people. The restaurant does not have any private space for a party.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey Lewis 8437228100x
- Special Events: The largest party that Fleet Landing is able to accommodate is 12 people.
- Cross Street: Cumberland
- Public Transit: The Downtown Area Shuttle Waterfront loop runs from Waterfront Park (half a block away from the restaurant) to the Aquarium and the visitor's center every 40 minutes from 9:20-6:00.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Options include the parking lot in front of the restaurant (a rarity in historic downtown Charleston), metered spaces on Concord Street, and the parking garage across the street.
A word from Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar is Charleston's Best Waterfront Dining with a focus on local and sustainable produce and seafood. Housed in a 1940s retired naval building on the east side of the Charleston peninsula, Fleet Landing features Chef Drew Hedlund's fusion of classic and contemporary Southern seafood fare in a setting that celebrates the area's waterfront heritage. Fleet Landing is a Platinum Partner with the South Carolina Aquarium's Sustainable Seafood Initiative.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
358 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (289)great for outdoor dining (253)good for groups (133)great for lunch (118)fit for foodies (114)neighborhood gem (103)kid-friendly (95)special occasion (88)hot spot (71)great for brunch (59)romantic (47)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (25)late-night find (20)Show More
- Great Food!Enjoyedit1Dined on 11/15/2014Though it was crowded, we did not wait long for our food to arrive. The food was excellent! We dined after dark on a cold evening, but I'm sure the view and outside dining are both wonderful. Great choice for couples, families, or girls night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatseacoasterVIPDined on 11/14/2014Whenever I'm in Charleston I visit Fleet Landing. Food and service are consisently outstranding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeRidergal63Dined on 11/13/2014we loved fleet landing. great scenic place in charleston with good seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch by the waterMonicainDallasVIPDined on 11/13/2014We chose Fleet Landing partially because we had seen the recipe for the crab, shrimp, and lobster stuffed hush puppies. They were wonderful. When we arrived, we got the last available table on the patio by the water. They had saved it based on our OT reservation to see if we wanted to sit outside. I tried having a lighter portion lunch and had the Fried Green Tomato Stack as my entree. It was really good. All in all, I would recommend FL for friendly service, good food, reasonable prices and a unique location right over the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv 2 dine on the waterwine2dineDined on 11/12/2014Service was friendly , food was warm and not hot . Decent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and grits!StrikeDined on 11/11/2014The shrimp and grits are our favorite. This time we had the hush puppies appetizer, and they were delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lowcountryrefugeeDined on 11/8/2014Service and food were outstanding. A bit noisy and crowded. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good seafood on the water frontBenjyDined on 11/4/2014Loved the Naval History and the view of the Charleston Bay. We will come back on our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014fishlikersDined on 11/3/2014We had two small children with us and the service was terrific..they were ready and friendly and the food was fabulousSpecial Features:
- Lovely meal overlooking the harborOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014Loved the setting as much as the food! The view of the river and harbor was amazing as the sun set tonight. Our waitress was attentive and friendly, food served promptly. The biscuits with honey butter were warm, melt in your mouth good. The fried green tomato stack: nice portion of tomato to crab. The blue cheese salad wedge was perfectly seasoned and crisp. The main dishes were fresh and tender: scallops with the mashed potatoes to die for. The seafood pasta had tons of fresh scallops, shrimp, crawfish and lobster. A delicious meal with reasonable prices in a fabulous setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!hipechic55Dined on 11/1/2014Fleet Landing Restaurant was everything that we hoped it would be and more. The ambiance is great, the food delicious and the service was fabulous. Parking can be a bit problematic, but there isn't anything that can be done about that and the restaurant itself made up for the parking concerns. We went for my husband's birthday and will definitely be back! Tip- get the hushpuppies!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent service, great food, table facing the Charleston Harbor. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodhappyfoodDined on 11/1/2014shrimp and grits were great-plenty of shrimp and sausage. The seafood gumbo was more an okra gumbo, it had two scant pieces of seafood, but the taste was great. The biscuits were great, and the pomegranate mojito was great. The appetizer lump crab did not have much flavor. At first it took a while to place our order, so more guest arrived and it took about 40 min to get the food. After that, the service and friendliness were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it'JKrueger202Dined on 10/31/2014We had a group of 4 foodies with very different tastes and expectations and Fleet Landing met them all. One of my favorite spots when coming to Charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good mealMikeDined on 10/31/2014Food was good, restaurant was very busy, service was excellent. Waitress was attentive but did not hover. Noise level is very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch...Bob4VIPDined on 10/30/2014As we usually leave the downtown area for our visitors during the warm summer months this was our first visit to Fleet Landing for our season. Champagne and local Bulls Bay oysters made for a great start. Shrimp Salad Sliders and my favorite Scored Flounder with Apricot Glaze finished out a very fine meal. Try and sit outside no matter the weather to enjoy the great view of Charleston harbor and the cruse ship at dock right next door. There were several diners from the ship during the time we were there. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We booked our reservation through the online website and when we got to the restaurant we only had to wait like 5 minutes! Very impressed. The atmosphere was very relaxed and not too loud. I had the fresh caught salmon grits and collards. (Very huge piece) That was one of the best dinners I have ever had! It was my birthday dinner so I ate and enjoyed ever bite! Our server was JJ he was so on top of everything very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed, when drinks needed refilled we didn't have to ask for it he was already one step ahead of us! Great experience can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Brunch!!!!ChristaloDined on 10/26/2014This is a Charleston must for us every visit!!! Their brunch is unbeatable along with the most delicious Bloody Mary's in town. Outdoor seating has the most ahhhhhmazing view of the water. A definite recommend:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceKenneth251Dined on 10/25/2014Seated early with our reservation, promptly waited on, service was fast, food was prepared superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014A regular stop when we visit Charleston. Get there early to avoid the crowds and get seating. Great food and service while reasonably priced.Special Features:
- A regular favorite...MattneedsmilesDined on 10/25/2014Our regular trip to Charleston wouldn't be complete without a visit to Fleet Landing. The kids love to sit outside and look for dolphins and we love to food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for fivePabloDined on 10/24/2014Fleet Landing is a great place for lunch. It was a perfect day to sit outside and enjoy the Friday special. The chef was a little stingy on the fish in the fish tacos but they had a nice flavorful dressing. We had a reservation for four and a fifth showed up and the staff was very accommodating.Special Features:
- What a findchukar10Dined on 10/23/2014I have eaten in many of the restaurants in the Historic District of Charleston and this is one of the best. Great service, great food and the Pecan Pie was in the best I have ever tasted. Worth a visit. anytime.Special Features:
- Nice on-the-water DiningSteveDined on 10/23/2014We really enjoyed being on the water while we enjoyed our food. The server was polite, and the food was excellent. We had fried cod which was flakey, meaty, and full of flavor. The biscuits are amazing!Special Features:
- Worth a day stop for the water viewAviddinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014I eat lunch there monthly. The service is not always the best- when needing a refill the server doesn't usually come back to check. Food is pretty good and you can sometime see dolphins in the water. Great to sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014Only restaurant in Charleston on the water, situated behind the Custom House. Nothing fancy in the way of decor. Good basic seafood restaurant. Will say that the French fries were quite good. A simple side that is not often executed well, but here it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014This was a great dining experience. I was a first time diner but will definitey be returning.Special Features:
- ClairedeluneDined on 10/21/2014Fun dining with good southern menu with fresh foshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerDancerDined on 10/20/2014Very busy the night we were there. Had to wait a bit for our reservation. We sat at the bar and chatted with people. We chose to sit outside, it was a mild evening. Waiter was nice and attentive. Food to me was average. I had scallops which were average. Husband had shrimp and grits...he enjoyed it. Not a bad place, would probably try again if we returned to Charleston.Special Features:
- Great timedonnaDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I shared the she crab soup, 4 different appetizers plus the chocolate torte. Everything was wonderful!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Really great fish . Friendly and fun waitress. Hidden GemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Get a Reservation, Great food Great service - one of the best dinning experiences, everything very fresh, won't break the bankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the view.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I knew from reviews that this place was not going to be so great food-wise (compared to other fantastic restaurants in town) but we wanted to dine on the water. Get a table outside. Service was very good. Food was only average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our must stop place in CharlestonGMANNSimpsonvilleSCDined on 10/18/2014We started going to Fleet Landing shortly after it opened. The food was great as was the service and the view. We stop at Fleet Landing every time we go to Charleston. I have recommended to several co-workers who also stop there every time they travel to Charleston. It's hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were able to walk right in to the table with our reservation. Parking is limited but there are always people moving in and out. We sat down at our table at 6 pm and walked out at 630. We had appetizers and the shrimp and grits which were awesome. Our server Harrison was also amazing. He seemed to pop up at the right moments to check on us. Although the resturant was crowded it still felt intimate enough for us to enjoy our anniversary dinner. We will definitely recommend and visit Fleet Landing again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleet LandingLTomEstDined on 10/18/2014The food was great, the view overlooking the water was great, and our service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful water view, well priced menu, and enjoyable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must indulge gem in CharlestongolferswifeDined on 10/18/2014Every visit to Charleston, this is THE place we have to stop and take time for. Sitting outside for my family is a must as well. Nothing compares to dining right on the water with the sights and sounds of nautical life all around us. In the warmth of summer, there is always a dolphin to be spied nearby. The food is local and sustainable. This trip I opted for something new and got the shrimp salad sliders with their fresh coleslaw. A bit heavy on the dill but absolutely delicious. Everything tastes fresh and smells so inviting. Highly recommend whether it's your first visit or your fiftieth but if you want a table, use OpenTable and make a reservation. Quick, easy, and even customize your experience. Thanks, Open Table!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodBillDined on 10/17/2014Excellent service, romantic atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PopaPopaDined on 10/17/2014Great Food and service and a great location for eating outdoors. Right on the water. Always a good menu.Special Features: