Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
186 Concord Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fleetlanding.net/
- Phone: 8437228100x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern
- Executive Chef: Drew Hedlund
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The largest party we can accommodate is 12 people. The restaurant does not have any private space for a party.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey Lewis 8437228100x
- Special Events: The largest party that Fleet Landing is able to accommodate is 12 people.
- Cross Street: Cumberland
- Public Transit: The Downtown Area Shuttle Waterfront loop runs from Waterfront Park (half a block away from the restaurant) to the Aquarium and the visitor's center every 40 minutes from 9:20-6:00.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Options include the parking lot in front of the restaurant (a rarity in historic downtown Charleston), metered spaces on Concord Street, and the parking garage across the street.
A word from Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar is Charleston's Best Waterfront Dining with a focus on local and sustainable produce and seafood. Housed in a 1940s retired naval building on the east side of the Charleston peninsula, Fleet Landing features Chef Drew Hedlund's fusion of classic and contemporary Southern seafood fare in a setting that celebrates the area's waterfront heritage. Fleet Landing is a Platinum Partner with the South Carolina Aquarium's Sustainable Seafood Initiative.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
384 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (317)great for outdoor dining (277)good for groups (130)great for lunch (112)fit for foodies (111)kid-friendly (105)special occasion (104)neighborhood gem (100)hot spot (79)great for brunch (61)romantic (51)vibrant bar scene (45)notable wine list (30)late-night find (20)Show More
- ClairedeluneDined on 10/21/2014Fun dining with good southern menu with fresh foshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerDancerDined on 10/20/2014Very busy the night we were there. Had to wait a bit for our reservation. We sat at the bar and chatted with people. We chose to sit outside, it was a mild evening. Waiter was nice and attentive. Food to me was average. I had scallops which were average. Husband had shrimp and grits...he enjoyed it. Not a bad place, would probably try again if we returned to Charleston.Special Features:
- Great timedonnaDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I shared the she crab soup, 4 different appetizers plus the chocolate torte. Everything was wonderful!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Really great fish . Friendly and fun waitress. Hidden GemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Get a Reservation, Great food Great service - one of the best dinning experiences, everything very fresh, won't break the bankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the view.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I knew from reviews that this place was not going to be so great food-wise (compared to other fantastic restaurants in town) but we wanted to dine on the water. Get a table outside. Service was very good. Food was only average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our must stop place in CharlestonGMANNSimpsonvilleSCDined on 10/18/2014We started going to Fleet Landing shortly after it opened. The food was great as was the service and the view. We stop at Fleet Landing every time we go to Charleston. I have recommended to several co-workers who also stop there every time they travel to Charleston. It's hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were able to walk right in to the table with our reservation. Parking is limited but there are always people moving in and out. We sat down at our table at 6 pm and walked out at 630. We had appetizers and the shrimp and grits which were awesome. Our server Harrison was also amazing. He seemed to pop up at the right moments to check on us. Although the resturant was crowded it still felt intimate enough for us to enjoy our anniversary dinner. We will definitely recommend and visit Fleet Landing again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleet LandingLTomEstDined on 10/18/2014The food was great, the view overlooking the water was great, and our service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful water view, well priced menu, and enjoyable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must indulge gem in CharlestonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Every visit to Charleston, this is THE place we have to stop and take time for. Sitting outside for my family is a must as well. Nothing compares to dining right on the water with the sights and sounds of nautical life all around us. In the warmth of summer, there is always a dolphin to be spied nearby. The food is local and sustainable. This trip I opted for something new and got the shrimp salad sliders with their fresh coleslaw. A bit heavy on the dill but absolutely delicious. Everything tastes fresh and smells so inviting. Highly recommend whether it's your first visit or your fiftieth but if you want a table, use OpenTable and make a reservation. Quick, easy, and even customize your experience. Thanks, Open Table!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodBillDined on 10/17/2014Excellent service, romantic atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PopaPopaDined on 10/17/2014Great Food and service and a great location for eating outdoors. Right on the water. Always a good menu.Special Features:
- Good Casual Hot SpotSusieQVIPDined on 10/16/2014Fleet Landing is consistently good. Fresh seafood, good service with a casual atmosphere and a great water view. Best grits in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hush....puppies!!CraigVIPDined on 10/15/2014Yup the hush puppies are slamming!! The best I've had to date. The service is also good and locals seem to like it a lot; which says a lot! Our server was very charming a quite knowledgeable about the menu. Would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely returnmlaforgeDined on 10/15/2014I had dinner with my parents and husband here on a Wednesday night in mid-October. I had reservations but probably didn't need them. The restaurant was full but not packed. Parking is available on-site but there is also a garage very close. I loved the atmosphere. Cool but not trendy. Nice but not stuffy. We sat outside on the porch and enjoyed a wonderful sunset with our meal. The biscuits and honey butter are delicious starters. We enjoyed the crab cakes, scallops, and fried shrimp for dinner. All very good served with tasty southern favorites like grits, collards, and red rice. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful scenic dinner spot!Lookin4THEburgerDined on 10/15/2014Went here while honey mooning in Charleston. We sat outside for the great view and it was wonderful! Our waitress was great and the foid was terrific. We started with the stuffed hush puppies, and they were phenomenal. I'd recommend them to start with! We both had fish, and it was great! The apricot sauce was so yummy. We left full and happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and gritsoctdinnerDined on 10/13/2014Nver was impressed with shrimp and grits until this place. Definitely make reservations and sit outside on nice nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised at the presentationMjeaterDined on 10/12/2014I booked a reservation at Fleet Landing because I enjoyed eating seafood overlooking the water. We ordered the hush puppies as an appetizer and I was very surprised. I expected a basket of puppies but we were presented with a plate of beautiful brown puffs overflowing with seafood and standing in a drizzle of well drawn sauce. The steak and seafood were cooked perfectly; the waitress was very attentive and informative. This is a good choice for a night out in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a viewFoodrounderDined on 10/12/2014Very reasonable price for the high quality food we had for lunch. We had a house salad, fried shrimp platter and Sheepshead. All was delicious and was enhanced by a view of the bay. Sunday brunch was crowded so reservations are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014This is one of our favorite charleston restaurants.Special Features:
- Good Food and Good ServicePappyRickDined on 10/11/2014Food was good and the service was good. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cool place to meet friendsJZimanVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had outdoor table. Food good although order was mixed up and waitress seemed like she thought it was my fault. Met a local celebrity at next table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on WaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant came highly recommended by a friend who has visited Charleston several times, so I was anxious to check it out. We met two of our friends there and had a table outside on the water. It was a lovely evening, perfect weather, beautiful view. WAY more casual that I expected. Kind of dumpy, nothing fancy. The food was "ok" but nothing to write home about. It seems like guests are paying mostly for the view, which is spectacular. I am glad we gave it a try, but there are WAY better restaurants in Charleston & we will not be returning to Fleet Landing to dine.Special Features:
- Delicious Seafood!luvmywineDined on 10/10/2014Fleet Landing is our favorite restaurant to dine at in Charleston! We have been several times and we have never been disappointed. The food and service have always been top notch! This restaurant is perfect for both large groups or for a romantic dinner for two. We will continue to frequent this wonderful establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!foodiecainDined on 10/10/2014Loved everything--service from the hostess to the wait staff was excellent; food was wonderful; atmosphere was a delight!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSeafoodLoverDined on 10/10/2014We were seated right away at the table we had requested. The view was beautiful. The service was reasonably timely given the large crowd. The appetizer was delicious. The main meal was truly awesome. I chose the swordfish and it was arguably the tastiest swordfish I have ever had. My wife's flounder also was excellent and the white chocolate bread pudding we had for dessert was "to die for". Overall we loved Fleet Landing and plan to return there whenever we entertain visitors to Charleston.Special Features:
- Great food! Awesome view!MICO24Dined on 10/9/2014Everything was very good. We sat outside with a beautiful view of the harbor. Perfect!Special Features:
- Great view, yummy food!RKS612VIPDined on 10/9/2014Great place to sit outside, sip from an excellent beer menu, and enjoy fresh seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent3girlsDined on 10/7/2014Great experience. Outdoor dining on the water. Service was fantastic and food was great. Loved the stuffed hushpuppies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!EmaggiedDined on 10/5/2014The best shrimp and grits I've ever had. Not to mention great service, an amazing atmosphere and perfect view of the water. Will be coming back next time we're in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch1turtlemanVIPDined on 10/5/2014The Red Snapper was delicious. Sunny Skies and 67 Degrees, sitting outside enjoying some Brunch. Anybody?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art Walk nightjerryroDined on 10/3/2014The 4 of us enjoyed our time at Fleet Landing. Waiter was efficient but unobtrusive. Food excellent. Glad we had reservations because it was crowded on Friday night.Special Features:
- Most excellentTheWhiteHouseDined on 10/2/2014Food is fantastic! Our server was very accommodating as we were with a couple that we hadn't seen in a while and were visiting for a bit before we ordered. Quite attentive, and outdoor seating is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Too FastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Drinks arrived in a reasonable amount of time. We ordered an appetizer and entrees. I also ordered a salad. For my entree i ordered blackened snapper. My salad arrived while still eating the appetizer, and our entrees before I finished my salad. the blackened snapper was unremarkable. Not spicy nor near a hot cast iron skillet. Offered dessert, but why should we stay when they are focused on turning tables. Server could have made more money with another drink order or two. Tipped about 15% because meal was rushed. We are locals and won't be back for a while. If you want a formal environment go to Hank's (beware of noise), if you want best seafood in town, go to The Wreck.Special Features:
- yowzahDined on 9/29/2014Wonderful food, fantastic timely service by Tyler and support staff, view of charleston to die for!Special Features:
- bostonvisitorDined on 9/29/2014We decided to try Fleets Landing because everyone we talked to in Charaleston had recommended it...and it didn't disappoint us. It was a damp and cool evening, but because the porch was covered and had heaters, so we were able to enjoy a wonderful outdoor dinner. Our service was very good and the food lived up to the praise we had been hearing from people around Charleston. We had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed a beautiful view of the harbor.Special Features:
- Good food good serviceShorty006Dined on 9/28/2014Went to Fleet Landing on the recommendation of our hotel clerk. It was good advice. We talked with several locals who also said the Fleet had good food at moderate prices. They weren't wrong. We had the whole flounder. It was very good.Special Features:
- waterfrontDined on 9/27/2014Great food, good service. Just be sure to have a reservation.Special Features:
- amazingcoastlifeDined on 9/26/2014Great food, atmosphere, staff!! I recommend making a reservation to cut down on wait times but it is definitely worth the wait. A true gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.