Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
186 Concord Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fleetlanding.net/
- Phone: 8437228100x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern
- Executive Chef: Drew Hedlund
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The largest party we can accommodate is 12 people. The restaurant does not have any private space for a party.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey Lewis 8437228100x
- Special Events: The largest party that Fleet Landing is able to accommodate is 12 people.
- Cross Street: Cumberland
- Public Transit: The Downtown Area Shuttle Waterfront loop runs from Waterfront Park (half a block away from the restaurant) to the Aquarium and the visitor's center every 40 minutes from 9:20-6:00.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Options include the parking lot in front of the restaurant (a rarity in historic downtown Charleston), metered spaces on Concord Street, and the parking garage across the street.
A word from Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar is Charleston's Best Waterfront Dining with a focus on local and sustainable produce and seafood. Housed in a 1940s retired naval building on the east side of the Charleston peninsula, Fleet Landing features Chef Drew Hedlund's fusion of classic and contemporary Southern seafood fare in a setting that celebrates the area's waterfront heritage. Fleet Landing is a Platinum Partner with the South Carolina Aquarium's Sustainable Seafood Initiative.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
373 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (318)great for outdoor dining (270)good for groups (120)kid-friendly (110)great for lunch (107)special occasion (102)neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (96)hot spot (69)great for brunch (59)romantic (55)vibrant bar scene (37)notable wine list (29)late-night find (16)Show More
- They really want to turn the tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Before we were halfway through the appetizer they brought the main course. Service was very rushed - no chance to dine. Conclusion - mostly a tourist trap.Special Features:
- Fast and floodedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Well, visited the restaurant during a monsoon. Parking lot was full and flooded. My friend and myself, both seniors, had to climb a sea wall to get to the restaurant. They rush us our meal, we hadn't finished our appetizers when our main course was delivered. I would recommend the she crab soup, absolutely delicious. Full of crab and seasoned perfectly. Crab cakes where a little dry,but tasty. My friend had seared tuna which was okay. Dessert, creme brûlée, was delicious.Special Features:
- AugustusDined on 9/14/2014Super fresh local seafood. Shrimp outstanding (on Caesar salad and fried) - sweet and succulent. Great keylime pie. Casual scene, big bar, wrap-around windows with great view of the bay. Low-country and regular food. Service is friendly and casual - excellent wine description and recommendation. Refreshing change from the frou-frou (but mostly good) restaurants on E. Bay Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diningArnieandJoannDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I decided to have lunch @ Fleet Landing as we were told the food is great. We were not disappointed. From the appetizer right to the dessert. Our waiter, Robert, was informative and courteous. We will definitely be back and let our friends know. P.S. Robert suggested a pinot noir (Carmel Road). It really complimented the fish we had for dinner. We don't. Really drink Pinot, but will now. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Great place to dine.TakiDined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent and our waiter was terrific . He made excellent suggestions and checked with us appropriately. The food was served hot and in a timely fashion. We had made reservations a week earlier and that helped make the experience great. We will come again when we are in Charleston.Special Features:
- AWESOME BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION1GretchenloveDined on 9/12/2014Once again our visit to Fleet Landing was an exceptional experience. An excellent place to go out for the evening or for a "special" occasion. The food was delicious, service outstanding and view was exceptional, as always. We will be back again real soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencewithfriends4dinnerDined on 9/12/2014Fleet Landing was recommended by a friend who had lived in Charleston. Soooo glad we went and experienced the great food and view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedLivestoeatDined on 9/11/2014This place came highly recommended from local people. This was our first visit to Charleston. We loved the outdoor seating and watching the ships. The fried green tomatoes were terrific. The service was friendly and efficient. That's where the good stuff stopped. The oysters on the half shell were disgusting looking, the crab cakes could have been almost anything, if you like it doughy and tasteless. The shrimp and grits had a chemical flavor and the sauce had so many different spices I couldn't tell what it was supposed to be. The shrimp were overcooked and the grits were gluey. It was supposed to be a special night, but the food made it less than special.Special Features:
- Food disappointingdeetDined on 9/10/2014We had heard good things about this restaurant and went for a birthday celebration, but were very disappointed. My spouse's sweet potato fries were soggy, the fried okra batter wasn't tasty, the fried fish just so-so, and the apricot sauce on my way too large flounder was way too sweet for fish. The waiter was too intrusive, asking me if I didn't eat pork when I ordered a wedge salad without bacon, and asking us where we were from (we are locals). He did keep our ice tea glasses filled, but got a little insistent at wanting us to take our leftover food home, when we didn't want to.Special Features:
- Great location but mediocre foodAshleywbDined on 9/7/2014Absolutely loved the location, great service and the outside dining but the food was definitely mediocre. Both mine and my husbands dish were pretty bland (tomato stack,triggerfish and chicken piccata). The best part of the meal was the pimento cheese grits, they were fantastic. I would go back for the location but not food. Overall we felt the menu and food was very touristy and lacked the refinement we were expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014My husband and I were returning customers. We visited this restaurant last year on our honeymoon, and we returned this year for our first year anniversary. The food and service were excellent as usual. The only thing that I was not impressed with was the hush puppies this visit because they were different and better our last visit. Overall we had a great visit with you and enjoyed our meal very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKimberlyDined on 9/6/2014Great food and service! We went there to celebrate my fiancé's birthday and they gave him a free dessert. We both got the special that night, swordfish. It was SO GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ViewdesertpersonDined on 9/6/2014The food was great, scenery spectacular, waiter was attentive, informative and timelySpecial Features:
- Really good food and serviceJimmyb48Dined on 9/6/2014The food was great. Wife had the Shrimp Platter and I had Shrimp and Scallops Platter. Both were well prepared with generous servings. Pricewise it was in the middle and well worth it. The ambiance left a little to be desired, however one must remember that it is a remnant of the old Navy base. I will return because of the quality of the food. The thing that is lacking is parking. They have a parking lot but it is small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLburDined on 9/5/2014A wonderful dining experience! We did Restaurant Week and choices and portions were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Experience2inCharlestonMinusKidsDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I dined at Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar at the recommendation of a relative and found our experience amazing. The food was incredible and the service was perfect. We appreciate our server's attention to detail and insightful recommendations regarding the menu and our stay in Charleston. I recommend the Triggerfish and the Blackened Swordfish. The She Crab Soup is a must! We will be returning to Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar and recommending it to our social network.Special Features:
- Great first time experience!dine4usDined on 9/5/2014My sister was visiting from AL. We took her there. It was great for all of us! We each got a different appetizer, entree, and dessert so we could all share and try the different dishes. Great fun and great food! Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- 2Satisfied2SatisfiedDined on 9/3/2014This is a great place for relaxed, casual dining with superb food and drink-not to mention an unparalleled view of Charleston Harbor. There's always an excellent fresh catch fixed any way you like, and the Bloody Marys are second to none! Great service by enthusiastic staff is a bonus as well.Special Features:
- Don't break a tooth.TheDiningDivaVIPDined on 9/3/2014My friend and I both ordered the swordfish special. Swordfish was fresh, but salty. Mac and cheese was not creamy, rather seemed from the bottom of the pan. My friend's collard greens had a ham bone hiding under the greens. She bit down hard on the bone and it hurt. We showed the manager the knuckle size ham bone. He gave his card to call if there are dental bills and apologized. No reimbursement of food was offered or a token dessert. Disappointing, as this was our regular birthday gathering spot.Special Features:
- GreatescapesDined on 9/1/2014Excellent shrimp and grits!! Great relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends in TownRichardDined on 9/1/2014We had some friends in town for the weekend that are originally from Charleston and they wanted good old fashioned Fried Shrimp. We choose Fleet Landing because of the menu and all the great reviews we read. Everything was great, from the time we got there, 30 minutes before our reservation, and were still sat early. Our waitress was fantastic, food was awesome and the scenery was beautiful. We will definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view & good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/1/2014Great place for a final lunch in Charleston (if visiting). Right on the water, and better food + drinks (we had a couple of great martini specials) than you'd expect for such a location.Special Features:
- Great food but HOTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Nice location on the water. The restaurant was very busy but we were seated according to our reservation time, which was great! We were seated inside but it was incredibly hot the farther back in the restaurant you went. Once seated, we realized how stagnate the air was but by the time we gained the attention of the hostess to see about switching to the outside seating, all tables were filled. We enjoyed our meal but just hard to sit, eat and have a glass of wine when you are sweating. I didn't expect that for such a "nice" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seaside EatsManny47Dined on 8/31/2014Well since I already commented on Tripadvisor, I can just say that Fleet landing is a gret place , worht the trip ., the comments and recomendations are warrantedSpecial Features:
- Right on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014What I liked best was that my table was right on the water. Not many places like that in Charleston. We got the best table in the whole place. The food portion wasn't what I'm used to getting at restaurants; I was hungry a couple hours later. But the meal was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restuarant in Charleston!PlainEaterDined on 8/30/2014You will not regret going to Fleet Landing! The food is very good but the ambience is even better. Try to sit outside and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place!!!!JasonVIPDined on 8/30/2014Outstanding food, service, and atmosphere. Would highly recommend this place for those in CharlestonSpecial Features:
- Not the best spot for oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Seafood was good but not great, had grilled scallops. My wife had she crab soup, which lacked flavor. However, she also had a grilled shrimp salad which she said was very good. We also ordered a dozen oysters, which were very small and overpriced for what you received. There are other seafood restaurants close that offer very good oyster selection. Fleet does have a great view, however, hit the parking garage or walk as parking is limited to non-existent.Special Features:
- Fantastic!LuvtotravelandeatDined on 8/29/2014Really enjoyed our meal! All 4 of us. Great waiter, seated promptly, good service. Everyone liked their meal. I personally had the best crab cakes! Had fried green tomatoes and She Crab Soup, all excellent. I feel bad that I do not remember the server's name as he did a great job. I do remember he said he was a guitar player.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!TonyaDined on 8/29/2014Had a great meal and even better service at Fleet Landing. My flounder was fresh and cooked perfectly. I enjoyed every bite. I will visit Fleet Landing again for dinner when I am back in Charleston.Special Features:
- Simple and just rightMikeF62VIPDined on 8/29/2014What looks like a fish market is simple inside, but the service is excellent and the food is reasonable for Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014I am a Charleston tour guide and I recommend Fleet Landing often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 8/27/2014Enjoyed quick seating and veiw of the water way. Crab cakes were delicious.Special Features:
- Food was below average and pricey!JohnGDined on 8/27/2014Service was slow and server was close to rude and somewhat arrogant. Food was disappointing for the price, could have gotten the same at a chain style family spot. Very disappointing from a few years earlier when I thought it was great. Won't go back!Special Features:
- Outstanding1GretchenloveDined on 8/27/2014Food was outstanding, ambiance was wonderful and our waiter, Lucas, was superb! We will definitely eat there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewCharlestonlocalDined on 8/25/2014Good view. We were locals and the overall experience was that they're used to catering to tourists that probably won't be back so they don't have to go the extra mile. Food was good, service was fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktails are inspiring!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We tried this place on Saturday and absolutely could not get a table or even at the bar. We made reservations for Sunday night but we didn't need them. Much calmer atmosphere. Love the cocktails. Our waitress was awesome and made some great recommendations for drinks and dinner. Seafood was good and fresh! Cocktails and staff were the star, but come for the food too! Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointAB88BostonVIPDined on 8/23/2014My friend and I had an end of summer getaway in Charleston. This restaurant was recommended to us and it did not disappoint. The food was awesome, outdoor patio overlooked the harbor and our waiter was great. The only negative was the hostess wasn't very friendly, but everything's else was great. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool locationdiner4uDined on 8/23/2014It's really cool that it's located in an old 1940's navel building with a beautiful waterfront location. We specifically choose this restaurant because they use fresh, local sustainable seafood. We originally had dinner reservations, but had to change them at the last minute and were unable to get dinner reservations so we went for lunch. My husband had a wonderful fresh fish which he really enjoyed. I had wanted to sample the peel and eat shrimp but was not able to do so as the shrimp delivery that morning was a no show and they had none. Went for the Cesar salad with the addition of a crab cake - was good. Personally I would recommend for lunch vs dinner, as it is a very casual place.Special Features:
- average experienceparrotDined on 8/22/2014we expected more from the restaurant based on the recommendation we heard. Noise level was horrible, food was average experience. Very nice service, we finally enjoyed.Special Features: