Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
186 Concord Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fleetlanding.net/
- Phone: 8437228100x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern
- Executive Chef: Drew Hedlund
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The largest party we can accommodate is 12 people. The restaurant does not have any private space for a party.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey Lewis 8437228100x
- Special Events: The largest party that Fleet Landing is able to accommodate is 12 people.
- Cross Street: Cumberland
- Public Transit: The Downtown Area Shuttle Waterfront loop runs from Waterfront Park (half a block away from the restaurant) to the Aquarium and the visitor's center every 40 minutes from 9:20-6:00.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Options include the parking lot in front of the restaurant (a rarity in historic downtown Charleston), metered spaces on Concord Street, and the parking garage across the street.
A word from Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar is Charleston's Best Waterfront Dining with a focus on local and sustainable produce and seafood. Housed in a 1940s retired naval building on the east side of the Charleston peninsula, Fleet Landing features Chef Drew Hedlund's fusion of classic and contemporary Southern seafood fare in a setting that celebrates the area's waterfront heritage. Fleet Landing is a Platinum Partner with the South Carolina Aquarium's Sustainable Seafood Initiative.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
361 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (310)great for outdoor dining (261)great for lunch (113)kid-friendly (107)good for groups (102)special occasion (97)neighborhood gem (88)fit for foodies (87)great for brunch (63)hot spot (61)romantic (54)vibrant bar scene (38)notable wine list (24)late-night find (15)Show More
- Great food but HOTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Nice location on the water. The restaurant was very busy but we were seated according to our reservation time, which was great! We were seated inside but it was incredibly hot the farther back in the restaurant you went. Once seated, we realized how stagnate the air was but by the time we gained the attention of the hostess to see about switching to the outside seating, all tables were filled. We enjoyed our meal but just hard to sit, eat and have a glass of wine when you are sweating. I didn't expect that for such a "nice" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seaside EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Well since I already commented on Tripadvisor, I can just say that Fleet landing is a gret place , worht the trip ., the comments and recomendations are warrantedSpecial Features:
- Best Restuarant in Charleston!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014You will not regret going to Fleet Landing! The food is very good but the ambience is even better. Try to sit outside and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place!!!!JasonVIPDined on 8/30/2014Outstanding food, service, and atmosphere. Would highly recommend this place for those in CharlestonSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Really enjoyed our meal! All 4 of us. Great waiter, seated promptly, good service. Everyone liked their meal. I personally had the best crab cakes! Had fried green tomatoes and She Crab Soup, all excellent. I feel bad that I do not remember the server's name as he did a great job. I do remember he said he was a guitar player.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014I am a Charleston tour guide and I recommend Fleet Landing often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 8/27/2014Enjoyed quick seating and veiw of the water way. Crab cakes were delicious.Special Features:
- Food was below average and pricey!JohnGDined on 8/27/2014Service was slow and server was close to rude and somewhat arrogant. Food was disappointing for the price, could have gotten the same at a chain style family spot. Very disappointing from a few years earlier when I thought it was great. Won't go back!Special Features:
- Outstanding1GretchenloveDined on 8/27/2014Food was outstanding, ambiance was wonderful and our waiter, Lucas, was superb! We will definitely eat there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewCharlestonlocalDined on 8/25/2014Good view. We were locals and the overall experience was that they're used to catering to tourists that probably won't be back so they don't have to go the extra mile. Food was good, service was fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktails are inspiring!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We tried this place on Saturday and absolutely could not get a table or even at the bar. We made reservations for Sunday night but we didn't need them. Much calmer atmosphere. Love the cocktails. Our waitress was awesome and made some great recommendations for drinks and dinner. Seafood was good and fresh! Cocktails and staff were the star, but come for the food too! Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointAB88BostonDined on 8/23/2014My friend and I had an end of summer getaway in Charleston. This restaurant was recommended to us and it did not disappoint. The food was awesome, outdoor patio overlooked the harbor and our waiter was great. The only negative was the hostess wasn't very friendly, but everything's else was great. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningScottyDined on 8/23/2014It was our first trip to Fleet Landing, and It was all we we hoped for and then some. The food, service, and view were spectacular. My wife and I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool locationdiner4uDined on 8/23/2014It's really cool that it's located in an old 1940's navel building with a beautiful waterfront location. We specifically choose this restaurant because they use fresh, local sustainable seafood. We originally had dinner reservations, but had to change them at the last minute and were unable to get dinner reservations so we went for lunch. My husband had a wonderful fresh fish which he really enjoyed. I had wanted to sample the peel and eat shrimp but was not able to do so as the shrimp delivery that morning was a no show and they had none. Went for the Cesar salad with the addition of a crab cake - was good. Personally I would recommend for lunch vs dinner, as it is a very casual place.Special Features:
- average experienceparrotDined on 8/22/2014we expected more from the restaurant based on the recommendation we heard. Noise level was horrible, food was average experience. Very nice service, we finally enjoyed.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceWatersideDined on 8/22/2014Really had a great date night here! Very intimate setting and wonderful service !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrdinaryYuckDined on 8/22/2014The food was ordinary kitchen fare and the restaurant was so warm we were sweating over our dinner. There are so many restaurants in Charleston, why would you want to dine there?
- Fleet Landing Charleston SCTablefor2Dined on 8/18/2014My husband and I celebrated his b'day at Fleet Landing. Reservation via Open Table worked perfectly. We were outside and it was lovely. Our server very friiendly and knowledgeable. My crabcakes were excellent. Husband had an excellent rib eye steak. I had eaten at Fleet before inside and it can be noisy if full. Parking limited but there is a pay lot next door.Highly recommend Fleet Landing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannon shots at FleetmontrealqcDined on 8/17/2014Fleet was an excellent choice. It is extremely busy, the crowd under-dressed and quite noisy. But the food and wine were really very good, both of which were recommended by the waiter and off-menu. The restaurant almost has a fast-food flavour to it. Service is rapid and there's bit of bustling around as waiters scurry around and patrons come and leave. The food was excellent at a fair price.Special Features:
- Outstandingluv2eatDined on 8/17/2014We are from VA & your restaurant was far beyond our expectations. If we're ever in Charleston again, we will DEFINITELY eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceKimfra79Dined on 8/16/2014The food here was very good. I would definitely suggest making a reservation. We walked straight in while others had a 45 to 50 minute wait. It is very cool overlooking the Harbor.Special Features:
- Too hot in AugustPALand3friendsDined on 8/16/2014Didn't realize that there was inadequate air conditioning in the restaurant. Hard to enjoy hot food. Would not recommend for summer dining. More casual a place than shows on its website.Special Features:
- nojac47Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and celebrated our anniversary at Fleet Landing. We read all the positive reviews and we were not disappointed. We made reservations and requested a seat near the window. We were seated immediately and was given a seat near the window that had a great view of the harbour. I ordered the crabcakes which were great! Try the Marguarita, very good! Only negative was the lack of air conditioning, very warm!Special Features:
- Always a great experience!pammacDined on 8/15/2014Love the ambiance of Fleet Landing! The menu is always fabulous and the biscuits are out of this world! Take the time to make a reservation and spare yourself the wait.Special Features:
- great staffRanger75Dined on 8/15/2014Fleet Landing's staff did everything & went out of their way to make our anniversary dinner perfect. The food was outstanding & everyone was super nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off night?finefleetdiningDined on 8/15/2014Although our server was very nice and very expedient, we were a little disappointed in the food this time. We come as often as we can afford, and are always impressed with the quality of the food, but maybe this was an "off" night. My niece ordered the fish & chips and barely touched it. I barely recognized what it was supposed to be. Don't fancy up fish & chips, just serve it as nature intended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BusinessGoodBusinessDined on 8/14/2014Excellent staff, unique setting on water, good food. Memorable.Special Features:
- Good food and nice areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We decided to eat outside and think it was a great choice. It was a warm evening, but there was a breeze from the water. The food was fantastic, and even with me not liking seafood (my fiancé loves it), there were good choices for me. We were able to walk around the park next door before our reservations and enjoy the beautiful views, and then have a great meal with excellent service.Special Features:
- Make reservations early!Julie438Dined on 8/13/2014I was surprised that on a Wednesday at noon, the only dinner reservations I could get for 3 people was at 5:00 or 8:30. We took the 5:00. I was irritated to arrive and wait for 15 minutes when there were an abundance of empty tables. However, service and food made up for it. My mother got salad with blackened shrimp - it was huge! She also ordered the she-crab soup & asked if I would eat it if she didn't like it. The waiter assured her she would love it, and he was right. My son ordered salmon with red rice - loved it. I got a field greens salad (great balsamic dressing!) and the crabcake. Absolutely fabulous. The waiter was very attentive even though it got busy quickly. Total plus 3 non-al bev & 1 glass wine + tip was $97.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Food is always excellent! Service is great. Only draw back a bit hot and humid inside while dinningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern food at its bestbAtVincent1Dined on 8/11/2014stacked fried green tomatoes with crab salad in between layers WOW! shrimp and grits are the best you will ever have DOUBLE WOOW!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Can see dolphins swimming off the coast. Stuffed hush puppies are a meal on their own. The flounder entree was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner experience!BillncindyDined on 8/8/2014We were a few minutes late for our reservation but got seated immediately on arrival. Server quickly took our drink order while we looked at the menu. I already knew I wanted their crab cakes, but had to see the rest. We ordered an appetizer of the She Crab Soup. For dinner we got the seafood platters of shrimp & oysters and added the crab cake, plus my husband also got the scallops. The She Crab Soup came right after we got our drinks and was wonderful! Soon after we finished the soup, our dinners arrived. Everything was cooked perfectly. I don't like a lot of breading on my seafood and this was perfectly done! Especially the crab cake which is mostly crab with just a enough breading to hold it together. All in all a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best "fish house" downtown.ironchefmattDined on 8/8/2014If you are looking for a great lunch spot with a nice view and excellent food look no further. We had the steak calamari and she-crab bisque with crab roe for starters. We try the bisque or soup just about everywhere we go. I am a chef myself and my wife has become a foodie kver the years. If a chef or cook can make a good bisque or soup usually everything else is hoimg to be awesome. The bisque here is 4 and 1/2 stars! Mains were fried shrimp and fried green tomato BLT. Both were excellent. Highly recommend making reservations though because at noon things start getting REALLY busy. Not too loud and the a/c could be turned down (cooler) but the staff here handles ALL the heat with ease. Definately return next time we are in the Holy City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & View, but way too hot!Traveler8684Dined on 8/7/2014My husband and I dined here on August 7th 2014. Our food was good, service was great, but on a 93 degree day, we opted to eat inside instead of outside because of the heat. It was hotter inside the restaurant, and because of the heat we rushed through our meal just to get out of there. What restaurant doesn't offer air conditioning in the summer? If someone would have told us it was that hot inside, we would not have gone. So many other good restaurants in the area, it is not a meal that is worth sweating for.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodPrincessDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I heard about this restaurant from a local citizen. The view of the harbor was beautiful, but the food was the best part. Our waitress suggested the lion fish (fresh catch of the day). Excellent decision! She was very knowledgeable about the entrees and answered our questions. Would definitely recommend! We will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an AWESOME find!Jollydog11Dined on 8/6/2014As my first experience, I can't complain at all. The view was beautiful (we ate outside), and the food was excellent. Specifically, the stuffed hushpuppies and steak calamari apps were fabulous, and the grilled triggerfish with pimento cheese grits was wonderful. The service for us seemed a bit slow, but not unreasonable, but I would never judge based on one visit. It was a great experience and wasn't crazy expensive; I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night dinner!KYfoodieDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I were visiting the Charleston area and wanted a good, but moderately priced restaurant for a date night. Several people recommended Fleet Landing, so I checked out their menu and reviews online and it sounded great. We had the Chilled Blue Crab Dip to start off. For dinner he had the Crispy Whole Fried Flounder with Apricot Glaze and I had the Shrimp & Grits. All were delicious and we were stuffed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view and ambiance!FoodygirlDined on 8/5/2014This place has such great character and history, and their food is timeless! I had the pan seared tilapia and it was our of this world! Our server was fantastic-overall not enough positive adjectives! LOVESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy Fleet Landing!LovingoodDined on 8/4/2014The food was great and so was the service! We always enjoy eating at Fleet Landing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.